180 Degrees-Tae & Vicky's Forever 02

The bouncer shook his head, "orders, Ms. Longman."

So he knew who I was? What the hell? I stared at him for a moment, still in shock, before insisting.

"I said he's fine."

"Vic."

I turned to see Jari standing beside me and raised yet another brow.

"Jari, what the hell?"

"Let it go."
They had already moved closer, four guys now surrounding him, so it was clear this was beyond my control. Benjamin stood, straightening his clothes and finishing his drink. Without thinking, I grabbed his phone, which had been resting beside his glass, and programmed my number into it.

"Ben, I'm so sorry. Give me a call, okay?"

He nodded stiffly and then I watched as they, literally, escorted him to the front door of the club and then outside. I turned to Jari, angry.

"What the hell?" I demanded.

"You know she can see every inch of this club, right?" Jari asked.

The televisions. In Tae's office. I hadn't really thought about them.

"He bought me a drink. So what?" I asked incredulously.

Jari smirked, "so you don't know who that was?" She asked.

"Uh, yea, Ben. He bought me a drink."

The smirk remained as she shook her head.

"She wants you in the office."

I closed my eyes, not wanting to deal with, of all things, Tae's jealousy. I mean, had Tae really had him ejected from the club just because he and I were talking? I hadn't had many opportunities to see her jealous, but I wasn't in the mood for it now.

"I'm going home."

I tossed some bills on the bar for a tip and made my way to the exit, a little unsteady I might add. When I left the club, breathing in fresh, crisp air, Jari was right behind me. I ignored her as I hailed a cab.

I told Jari not to come up as Antoine, an enormous black guy who I believe was a former body builder, exited the building to escort me from the cab. I asked how he was, inquiring about his pregnant girlfriend as we waited for the elevator. Once on our floor, Buddy met me at the elevator to escort me to our front door. Also rather huge in the body department, and much less friendly than Antoine, we didn't speak as he opened the condo's door for me with a passkey.

Once inside, I sighed. God, that scene at the club had been nuts. The tingling that usually lasted for hours after Tae made love to me was gone. I was a little nauseous form the three drinks and my head was starting to hurt. I headed to the bathroom in search of ibuprofen and a hot shower.

*

I was fixing a cup of hot tea, hoping to settle my stomach, when I heard the front door. Surprised, I glanced at the clock in the kitchen. It was only 1am. No way was Tae home this early. So I was thinking it was a member of the security team, wondering why they hadn't knocked, when a pair of stormy gray eyes pinned me to the spot. She was pissed. I could see it coming off her in waves.

She didn't say anything, just leaned against the counter watching as I finished making my cup of tea. When I raised the cup to sip it, I looked over at her.

"He's Marcos' accountant."

My hand shook, spilling the hot tea onto my fingers. I put the mug down before I dropped it.

"Wh-what?"

"Does his books. Cleans his money."

I swallowed. Jesus.

"So, that wasn't a random meeting?" I asked hesitantly.

"Probably not."

She didn't say another word as I closed my eyes and swallowed. Jesus. I just kept fucking things up.

"You wanna tell me what the hell is going on with you?" She bit out.

My eyes still closed, I leaned back against the counter and sighed, trying to find a way to explain how I was feeling to her. I decided to dive in, looking up to meet those angry gray eyes.

"I hate it here. I hate having to be followed around and locked up in this fancy prison every night. I hate not being able to spend more time with you. And I hate who you're becoming."

It was a lot...and I watched her face harden as it settled over her.

"I know you did all this for me, I know I ruined your life—"

"Ruined my life?" She repeated, her voice tight.

"You were a Trooper. You upheld the law. Look at you know. You rationalize 'managing' girls like its normal. Like you wouldn't have arrested someone for that same thing before you met me."

She stared at me, no emotion showing on her blank features, until suddenly she was standing before me, her hands tight on my upper arms.

"You need to get over yourself, Vic. I'm not damaged goods that you've ruined. I'm a fucking grown ass woman. I made my own choices."

"You're going to wind up resenting me," I whispered, "hating me. Once he makes you do something you don't want to—"

"No one makes me do anything. No one. Not even my Grandfather. He asks. If I'm not interested, I let him know. That's it. You need to stop this shit. Now. If you're doing this to make me leave, to get me to run, it's not going to work. I'm not leaving. Neither are you. Go to school, get your degree, fucking focus on you for one once in your damn life. And stop worrying about me."

I stared up into those stormy eyes, eyes I'd come to love...she was serious. She was okay with all this. She was not struggling. She was not tormented. Seems I was the one with the problem, not her. I closed my eyes, leaning forward to rest my forehead against her chest.

"I worry about you. I worry—"

"I know, baby. Stop worrying. I'm fine."

I nodded as I felt her arms close around me, pulling me close to her. I breathed her in, savoring the feel of her, the smell of her...

"But, I see you flirt with someone else in my face, I will kill that motherfucker next time, understand?"

The soft, dangerous words she whispered made me smile. She'd been jealous. I liked that. She was possessive...and still a little insecure when it came to me. Not that I would flirt with anyone else in her face because that was just rude. But it was nice to know she cared.

"Sorry. It won't happen again."

She used a finger to lift my chin until our eyes met, "of course it won't," she smirked.

She kissed me then, deeply, thoroughly, until my toes were tingling along with other essential parts of my body. Then she was gone, leaving me in the kitchen with my rapidly cooling cup of tea.

***

Six months later, things had pretty much returned to normal, whatever that meant. I'd made it through my first year of graduate school and was planning to start my second in a few weeks. August in New York was sweltering and it felt like even the concrete was melting a little each day. And Tae and I? We were...okay. She'd shared more of her business with me. While I was taking only half the number of classes over the summer, I'd spent more time with her, especially when she was at the nightclub. She was in charge of at least three others, but she spent most of her time at the one she'd brought me to months ago. I'd even met a few of her 'girls.' They were all gorgeous, all smart...and all pretty comfortable doing what they did. They didn't seem scared, intimidated or coerced in any way, and shared an easy rapport with Tae and the men who worked with her.

So, we were doing well, still spending time together on Wednesdays.

Benjamin had never contacted me.

Jari was still annoying the hell out of me...

Things were good.

Especially at this particular moment. I was sitting on Tae's desk, panties on the floor, legs over her shoulders...and she was sitting in her huge, comfy leather chair...eating me. Eating me as if starved. I could feel every lick, every suck, every stroke...that tongue, that wicked, wonderful tongue...I threw my head back, my eyes closed, as she sucked my throbbing, erect clit into her mouth, forcing yet another moan from me. I felt her shift a little, and then she slid two fingers in me, fucking me, a little rough, her mouth, her heat, that tongue, driving me mad...I felt my body tensing...I was going to come. I was going to come hard. I felt her teeth gently scrape my overly sensitive flesh and that did it...it thundered through me, my body locked with intensity, blinding me with pleasure...and she continued to devour me, continued to fuck me, until I came again...and then again.

I was like jello by the time she raised her head, licking her lips, her eyes lit with a look of satisfaction reserved only for me. She was grinning as she replaced my panties while stroking and kissing my inner thighs. I was barely able to move when a knock sounded on the door. She helped me from the desk, deposited me on a plush, very comfortable sofa, winked, and then went to unlock the door.

"Don Carlos is pulling up," Spade informed her.

That shocked me into pulling myself together. I hadn't seen her Grandfather in months. I wasn't sure I wanted to see him now. He unnerved me. He and I had a pretty comfortable truce, but I wouldn't exactly describe us as buddies.

"Okay."

She left the door open and returned to her desk, reviewing some of the paperwork she'd pushed aside when she'd settled me on it earlier. She glanced over at me when a stood.

"Stay. Sit."

She was preoccupied already, so it came out as an order, not an option. So I sat, not at all thrilled to be a part of whatever they were about to discuss.

*

I could still taste her on my lips, sweet, spicy...delicious. It was hard to believe she could still do this to me. Render me...pathetic. Make me forget everything...except her. I'd known about this meeting with my Grandfather. We'd set it up days ago. He was checking in, assessing...and wondering about my next step...about her next step. And what was I doing minutes before his arrival? ... Eating her. God...it was good too. I smiled to myself.

"Mi hija."

I looked up, smiled at my Grandfather's term of endearment and hugged him tightly when he grabbed me up and pulled me in close. "Abuelo," I returned, my voice thick. He looked good, albeit tired. And I'd heard his health wasn't great. I hugged him for another moment before pulling back.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

He shrugged, waving away my concerns as he sat down heavily in a leather chair in front of my desk. He looked over at Vic and winked. She smiled, clearly still uncomfortable around him.

"How are you, mi hija?" He asked me.

I sat down behind my desk, knowing he knew the answer to this question considering we spoke at length at least once a week. Knowing he wasn't here for me.

"I'm good. Very good."

He nodded, then looked over a Vic who was trying to disappear into the sofa.

"Victoria? How are your studies going?"

Surprised he was addressing her directly, she swallowed before responding, "good. I only have one year left."

He nodded again, "yes, Taegan shared this with me. I have a proposition for you."

Even more surprised, I saw her sit up straighter, wonder in those beautiful dark eyes of hers.

"Sir?"

I smirked.

My grandfather sighed, "Victoria, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Carlos?" He teased.

She swallowed again, "yes sir."

He shook his head, chuckling.

"Okay, I understand Taegan mentioned to you that I own some day care centers?"

Vic nodded, still wary.

"My Superintendant is sick and plans to retire. I need someone to take over for her. I understand you were a director in New Mexico?"

Surprised, Vic nodded again.

"Well, I need someone to oversee my Centers. You'll have a staff and complete oversight of the budgets. You can implement any policies and procedures you think might help the Centers run more efficiently. You'll need to hold monthly meetings with the directors, oversee Human Relations and EEOC matters, and ensure we comply with district, county and state laws—"

"Sir," she interrupted. "I'm sorry to stop you, but I'm not qualified—"

He was prepared for this considering I told him that would be her first reaction.

"Dr. Suarez, the current Superintendant, will stay on for three months and get you up to speed. And, of course, we'll make allowances for you to take classes, although you may have to change your school status to part-time."

I stopped pretending to read some papers on my desk and looked over at my wife...who was sitting there, stunned, her mouth hanging open.

Don Carlos turned to me, raising a brow.

"Babe?" I prodded.

"Uh...I don't...uh...I'm not...um..."

I smirked, turning back to my Grandfather.

"Give her a few days."

He nodded, using his cane to stand. I moved around the desk to kiss his cheek, and then he was gone.

When the door closed behind him, I looked over at my wife again.

"Vic?"

"Did he only offer me that because you told him I was miserable? Because I want you to quit?" She asked suspiciously.

I shook my head, "I didn't tell him anything about that. He asked me if you might be interested because he needs someone in the position he can trust. I said he should ask you."

She licked her lips and then sat back heavily.

"Tae, I don't have the credentials for that job."
"You will in a year or two. And Suarez will train you."

"Why does he need a Superintendant? How many day care centers does he have?"

"Across the five boroughs? Seventy-five."

I heard her choke out a squeak and I smiled.

"And he's still building and acquiring. You would be scouting out possible locations for others and assessing possible acquisitions."

She was shaking her head, her eyes wide, "Tae, I can't—"

"Yea, you said that in New Mexico too. You can. If you want it, it's yours."

She was still shaking her head. "And you're not trying to placate me?" She asked again.

I sighed, "I'm placating you with an opportunity that, between the job and classes, will make it almost impossible for me to spend any time with you? Does that even sound like me?"

That silenced her and I could see her thinking. It's not exactly what she wanted to do after she earned her degree, but she'd enjoyed her position in New Mexico. I know she did. It was a good fit.

"And you're not having this Suarez person threatened so I can have the job?"

I stared at her, annoyed by the question. She could tell and averted her eyes.

"Sorry, bad joke."

I didn't respond, instead moving to squat before her.

"I need to get some work done. Think about it, okay?"

She nodded. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to her sweet, soft ones, ignoring the zing it sent down my spine. I watched as she stood to leave, smiling to myself as I watched that sweet ass of hers. I'd have to tell her the rest before she took the job. I wondered how she'd feel about it.

*

We didn't talk about it again for two days...and then Tae brought it up at dinner.

"So? What do you think?' She asked.

I shrugged, "just seems like I should wait until I complete my degree. I'm worried I won't finish."

She nodded, "it's a huge responsibility."

I toyed with my fork, separating a portion of the succulent salmon and slid it between my lips, my tongue licking the fork briefly, then my lips. I looked up and saw Tae watching me, her eyes dark...hungry. I smiled.

"Pervert."

She smiled and winked at me.

"I do need to tell you one more thing about the job before you decide," she hedged.

I watched her, realizing she seemed a little tense. I let her off the hook.

"I already figured that part out." I offered.

She raised a brow, "what part?"

"He launders money through the Centers, right?"

She stared at me, those gray eyes intense, watching me...then she nodded.

"How?"

"Charitable donations."

I nodded. Made sense. I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer to my next questions.

"How much?"

"A few million a year."

A few million a year, of illegally obtained funds, laundered through businesses I would oversee. Great. Not exactly what I had in mind when I planned to finish up my degree in social work. I sighed.

"And it won't come back on me?" I asked.

She shook her head, "Suarez will explain how it works...and how you can maintain plausible deniability."

I glanced down at my plate again.

"Is this how it's going to be?" I asked softly.

Tae didn't respond, just watching me.

"Is everything we touch going to be tainted? And I'll still need to jump at every shadow?"

She pushed her plate away, sighing.

"What do you want me to say, Vic? This is who we are...who I am. And like I said before, I'm okay with it."

I nodded, looking down at my plate...she was okay with it...she was okay with it...but I wasn't okay with it. I wasn't sure I would ever be okay with it. What was the point of the running, the death threats, the murder, if we were just going to stay mired in the muck? I mean...wasn't the point to be able to free ourselves from it? Isn't that why I fought for my life?

We finished the rest of our meal in silence.

***

I took the job. Yes, I was not thrilled about the money laundering part of it, but the other part, the "real" part of the job, was in fact focused on the welfare of thousands of little kids, mostly kids of color from relatively poor backgrounds. The overall objective was to provide them with a good start considering so many things were already stacked against them. This part of the job I enjoyed.

So I began by visiting all of the Centers. There were actually 82 of them. I sat with each director, examined the credentials of the teachers they'd hired, looked over the performance of the students, and we discussed what was working and what was not. Of course, most directors needed more money. Resources were always strained and they assured me they could do more if in fact they simply had access to more money. So, I met with Tae and Don Carlos, and we discussed siphoning more monies through the Centers, but with the promise that additional monies could be dedicated to the actual programs. Both were okay with this suggestion.

The next thing I focused on were the Centers that were failing. The kids that were not performing well academically, or the Centers with low retention rates. My decision? To give some of those Directors three to six months to fix things. Other Directors, who seemed complacent, or who seemed inclined to simply complain without any thoughts of how to address their problems, were fired. I actually had to fire twelve human beings face-to-face...it was not pleasant. I was especially not happy when tears were involved. But I had to think of the bigger picture, not the fact that some individuals would not be able to pay their rent. So, after operation "clean sweep" (I smiled at the name), I conducted citywide searches for new, qualified directors. I also raised the pay scales for all directors and teachers by 10%. I'd always believed that if you supported your employees, your qualified, educated employees, and paid them well, they would do a better job.

Within six months, the performance of all of the Centers had improved. Even the struggling Centers were doing much better. So I turned the supervision of the current Centers over to my Assistant Superintendent, Carol, an incredibly competent woman who was a little older than I was and still completing her Master's degree in Education Administration. And I started to focus on building new Centers and acquiring struggling Centers.

It took me a while to admit it, but I was quite content with the job, my studies (now part-time)...and, for the most part, with my marriage. The illegality of what Tae and her Grandfather did, the fact that there were no plans to eventually move in a more legitimate direction, really bothered me. I knew for a fact that Tae could move some of the businesses in a direction where they would have nothing to do with the more tainted side of her life, but she didn't seem inclined to do that. In fact, every new venture seemed, ultimately, to be a guise for sustaining the illegal side of the business.

But I'd stopped talking about it. My wife was right about one thing...she was okay with it. She was quite successfully taking over more and more of Don Carlos' organization. The responsibilities, the headaches, the constant worry that someone was always waiting to kill her and take her place...she seemed to thrive under these conditions. And she was talking to me more. We weren't able to save our Wednesdays anymore, but we made sure we had dinner together at least twice a week, and she would talk to me about some of the struggles she faced, seeking suggestions and new ideas.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 13 milliseconds