911, What is Your Emergency?

Moments later, Abby heard a call that sent a chill through her. "Dispatch, Unit Three's vehicle has been hit. We have injuries on the team. Will advise."

Unit Three was Reece's vehicle. Abby felt sick. And helpless. "Dispatch, Unit Two. Anderson is pinned inside the vehicle and is unconscious. Get an ambulance here STAT!"

Abby was shaking. She stood up, set the coffee down then said, "I'm a registered nurse! Send me out there. Please!"

The captain was standing next to Connie when he said, "I'm headed out, Connie." He turned to Abby and said, "If you really are a nurse, come with me. Let's go!"

Abby lifted up her skirt and ran to the emergency vehicle the captain used. She slid in next to him as another EMT rode shotgun. Abby was praying to the god she didn't believe in. She couldn't deal with one more loss in her life. She couldn't get this close to happiness and have it snatched away. Rather than waste her time talking to herself, she began recalling her days in the ER at Seattle Memorial. She was running through checklists and the life-saving steps.

She could barely see the green mile-markers as they clipped by. As traffic slowed, the truck moved into the emergency lane with lights flashing and siren blaring. They slowed considerably as they approached the beginning of the accident scene which had grown in the last 20 minutes since the first call went out. Abby felt sick as she saw one car after another crushed or demolished. Flashing lights from another vehicle were faintly visible up ahead and the strobes grew brighter with each passing second. Finally, she could make out the EMT vehicle which had been hit hard by a very large truck of some sort. It may have been a dump truck, but she couldn't be sure and she didn't really care.

As they pulled alongside it, the captain shouted orders to the EMT and told Abby to come with him. As they approached the vehicle, Abby got her first glimpse of Reece. There were two of his fellow EMTs working to extricate him from whatever had him pinned. He wasn't actually inside the cab but rather in a small space behind it. He was bent over and splayed out on the roof of the cab as the EMTs were cutting metal with their power tools. After what seemed like an eternity, one of them shouted, "He's out. Get a gurney over here NOW!"

Abby's heart was in her throat as they lowered him down. "His left leg is bleeding heavily!" one of them called out.

The captain gave Abby a shove and said, "Go!"

She ran up to them and said, "I'm a nurse. I'll take care of him. Give me a tourniquet!" she shouted. One of the men who'd helped him down handed her a long rubber tube which she grabbed as she visually assessed his wounds. There was a large cut in the left calf below the knee. She placed the tourniquet around his leg just above the knee and tied it tightly enough to stop the flow of blood.

"Okay, we've got him from here," one of the EMTs told her.

Abby turned to him and said, "The hell you do! I'm going with him and no one is gonna stop me!" The captain, who was overseeing everything, nodded to the EMT.

"Okay, then follow me," he said. The two of them pushed the gurney toward the next waiting ambulance. They were stacked up like taxis at the airport and were taking on the injured based on the seriousness of the injury. Reece was loaded inside one of them and Abby climbed in beside him. As the ambulance roared off, she found some scissors and cut away the material around his lower leg. She could see the tibia was fractured but her sense was he wouldn't lose the leg. She just didn't know how much blood he'd lost.

They were about halfway to Seattle Memorial when she saw Reece trying to open his eyes. She knelt down next to him soaking her new skirt in blood but she didn't know or care. "Reece? Can you hear me? Reece? It's Abby. Can you hear me?"

His eyes were glazed telling her he was going in and out of shock. After several moments, she saw them focus. When they did, he tried to focus them on her. He looked for several seconds, then blinked. "Reece? Can you hear me?" she said again as she ran her hand over his cheek.

He tried to speak but couldn't. His lips moved slightly but no sound came out. "It's okay. I'm here. You're going to be all right," she told him.

She saw his lips move again. "You're..." His voice was a hollow whisper. Abby leaned her head down and put her ear to his lips. "You're...my...angel."

Abby raised her head and looked into his eyes. "Yes. Yes I am your angel. And I'm here for you." She was crying again. She told him, "I'm here for you and I always will be."

She saw him try to speak again and she said, "Save your strength. It's okay. We can talk later, okay?" She stroked his face and his hair as her tears fell.

She saw him shake his head ever-so-slightly. "No. Can't wait. Come close."

Again, Abby placed her ear next to his mouth. "My angel—Abby. Abby."

"Yes, I'm Abby," she said.

"I know," he croaked. He tried to raise his hand but it was unbelievably heavy. She took in hers and listened. "Abby? Abby?"

"Yes? I'm listening."

"I...love you...Abby. You're my...angel and I love..."

Abby's tears fell without measure. Reece was unconscious. The EMT next to her asked her to move aside. He had to check to see whether or not Reece was still breathing. As she slid out of the way she knew he couldn't hear her but she said, "I love you, too, Reece. I love you, too." She let go of his hands as the EMT placed a bag over his face and began pumping. He squeezed the bag two times every few seconds making sure oxygen flowed into Reece's body. He continued this all the way into the ER when one of the many doctors lined up to receive patients took his report.

"Okay, got it," the doctor said. Abby recognized him and he her.

"Sorry, but you can't be in here anymore. You'll have to wait out here."

Abby knew she wouldn't have been allowed inside the ER even if she were in good standing with the hospital, but in this case, there was no way in hell the hospital could afford to let her anywhere near a patient.

After a little over an hour, the doctor came out and found her. "I'm sorry about being so rough with you, Abby, but you understand, right?"

"I don't care about any of that. Is he okay? That's all I want to know. How is he?"

"He'll be fine," the young doctor told her. "He has a compound fracture of the tibia and he'd lost about three pints of blood, but the tourniquet saved his life. Be sure to tell the EMT who put it on what a great job he did, okay?"

Abby didn't care who got credit for the work, she just wanted to see him. The doctor led her back to a kind of trauma ward they'd set up whenever there was a mass-casualty event like this.

"He's resting comfortably now. As you know, we couldn't give him any morphine because he'd lost so much blood. But we've given him a pretty good amount for the pain so he may be a little bit out of it for awhile."

Abby saw his bed in the line of patients and ran over to him. He was awake and as soon as he saw her he smiled. "It's my angel," he said sleepily.

She bent down and hugged him as tightly as she dared. "Are you okay? Are you in pain?" she asked with genuine concern.

He lifted his arm and put it around her and held her next to him. "Am I in pain?" he repeated. "No. I'm not in any pain. The morphine is pretty amazing."

Abby laughed. As she tried to raise up, he stopped her part way. He looked into her eyes and said, "I'm not in pain, but I am in love. With you, Abby Kennedy. I'm in love with you."

Abby couldn't help it. The tears flowed again. "I love you too, Reece Anderson. I love you so much it hurts."

He pulled her toward him and for the first time, he kissed her. Abby melted into him as she kissed him back. He wasn't completely out of it. She moaned when she felt his tongue touch hers. They kissed for a very long time. When it ended, Reece said, "Abby? I can't get out of bed so I can't get down on one knee but..."

Abby shrieked with excitement. "But if you'll have me, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Abby Kennedy, will you marry me?"

Abby was still crying and she didn't give a damn. She nodded her head furiously as she managed to say, "Yes. Yes! Yes, I will marry you, Reece. Of course I will marry you!"

Abby never left his side until she took him home two days later. He was able to walk in his cast with the aid of crutches. She helped him into the bedroom then took them from him and said, "Let me get your blanket and pillow so you can lay down and get some rest."

He reached out and grabbed her and said, "Uh-uh. Not yet." He opened the top drawer of the dresser and reached in all the way to the back until he found what he was looking for. He turned around and put one hand on the bed and began lowering himself to one knee.

"Reece. No, you can't do that. You'll hurt yourself."

He ignored her and grimaced as the spike of pain made it's way past the barrier created by the heavy dose of oxycodone. He opened his hand and produced a large diamond ring. "This was my mother's, Abby. She wanted me to have it to give to the woman I would one day love and marry."

Abby put her hands over her mouth and fought back the tears. "I promise to buy you one of your own one day, but for now, I want you to have this. So formally, Abby Kennedy, will you be my wife?"

Abby's hand was trembling as she offered it to her young finance who slipped it on her finger. It was the tiniest bit too big but very close to a perfect fit. "Yes. Yes I will be your wife, Reece Anderson."

He struggled to stand up and she grabbed him with both arms. He stood then took her in his and said, "I love you, Abby. And I want to make love to you."

Abby smiled, nodded and hungrily kissed him. Moments later, they were both naked and in bed.

Because of his cast, Reece lay on his back as Abby lay next to him and kissed him. She saw him begin to grow hard and said, "Oh, my God! I knew you were big but...oh, my God!" She reached down and gently lifted his growing cock while kissing him deeply.

"Mmmm. That feels so amazing," Reece said. He raised his hand and softly cupped Abby's left breast causing her to moan softly.

As she continued stroking his cock, he slid his hand down her body until it disappeared between her legs. She was soaking wet and dying for his touch. Abby gasped as he ran his index finger along her clit. He stopped to use the tip of his finger to roll over it time and time again.

"Oh...my...god!" Abby cried. "You have no idea how much I've wanted you to do that to me," she whispered.

Reece gently inserted his middle finger inside her pussy while using his thumb to continue massaging her clit. Abby stopped fondling him as she gasped sharply.

"I want you inside me, sweetheart," she said. "Will you please fuck me?"

Reece's leg hurt like hell but everything else worked just fine. He raised her up and lifted her on top of himself. She was careful not to bump the cast as he lowered her down.

"I love you so much, Reece," she told him as she bent down and kissed him. "You saved my life. You truly are my angel."

She reached between her legs and grabbed his swollen member and lined it up perfectly. As she lowered herself onto his waiting cock, Reece pulled her close and kissed her. She took him all the way inside her as he said, "And you saved mine making you my angel. I love you too, Abby."

Abby lifted herself up and down, over and over, feeling his fullness inside her. All of the hurt and pain of the past melted away as she basked in the warmth of his love. Nothing else mattered but him and her—together. Abby no longer felt old. She felt...loved. And beautiful.

Moments later, she increased the rhythm until she felt herself tense. At the same time, she felt Reece release the huge load of semen that had built up inside him for so long.

"Yes. Yes. Oh, fuck, yes!!" Abby screamed.

As he came inside her, she continued to gently slide up and down on him until she'd taken every drop. Then she just stayed there holding him inside her not wanting this moment to ever end. Reece kissed her again and told her how beautiful she was and how much he loved her.

Three months later, her divorce from Eddy was granted. The next day, the two of them, along with Ken and MaryAnn, stood before a justice of the peace and exchanged vows. The cast was gone and the leg was healing well. Abby had never been happier caring for their two children until she'd learned she was pregnant with her own first child.

Reece promised to love and cherish her with all his heart until death do us part and she had done the same. Abby knew that when that day finally came she would still be okay because she had found her angel, and he would always be there to watch over her just as she would always watch over the man she so dearly loved.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 60 milliseconds