A Broken Family Ch. 06

The door opened and closed down stairs and we both jumped. "It's JT. Go." He quickly moved off of me and I heard the bathroom door shut a second before the steps started on the stairs.

"Hey, can we talk?" I eyed him as he walked by. He looked all rumpled and his hair looked like someone had been running their fingers through it.

He paused and stepped to my door. "What's up?"

I tilted my head. "Who were you with just now?"

"No one. I just went to visit a friend to talk a few things over." His eyes shifted away from me and pulled his lip into his mouth to play with the ring there.

"You don't look like you were talking." He looked down at himself before turning away. "I don't care. I just want to know where I stand."

"It was a one-time thing. You need to move on." That was all he said as he walked away and I felt how his girls always looked after a brush off. Which was weird since I never really wanted him for anything other than sex.

---

"Hey." Eli's face lit up as he jogged to me. He's just finished his laps and I handed him a Gatorade I'd grabbed for him.

"I'd hug you but you're kind of all gross." He smiled and I took a step back. "Don't you dare." He grabbed for me and I squealed as I came in contact with his sweaty body. "I just showered!"

"Sparks!" his coach shouted at him and we both looked up at our last name. A short blond girl stood beside the middle-aged man and she turned away as we looked towards them. The man held up a finger and Eli waved to show he understood.

"Is that the girl you were telling me about?" I asked him as he turned back to me and his face fell a little.

"It is."

"You're too pretty for her anyways. My stud of a brother deserves a girl who looks like a sex goddess."

He grinned. "Too pretty? Isn't that what you're supposed to say to girls?"

"Or little adorable brothers." I reached up to ruffle his hair and he swatted my hand away as another boy came to join us. He was only an inch shorter than Eli and one taller than me with red hair and blue eyes. "Jeremy, you've gotten taller."

"Hey Holly." He was all smiles and Eli glanced at him with what looked like annoyance. "How's college?"

"I start in a couple weeks. I figured I'd come make sure my little brother is still as awesome as last year." I smiled at my brother and jumped as a whistle blew.

"That's our cue." Eli stepped forward and hugged me again. The blond was turned towards us and her body language didn't look happy. "I'll talk to you after practice."

---

"So you know Jeremy." The blond girl said as she took a seat beside me on the bleachers.

"He's Eli's best friend, yeah." I glanced at her as she fidgeted beside me.

"How do you know them?"

I smiled at the field as Eli caught the ball and ran. "Are you interested?"

"Football boys aren't really my type."

"So I've heard. Why are you asking about them then?" I raised an eyebrow. "They're good boys. Just because you've got daddy issues doesn't mean every man is like him."

"If your father was taken from you every day of your life, how would you feel? Wouldn't you want to avoid whatever caused it at all costs?"

"My parents were murdered." I watched the team huddle up as she froze beside me.

"Oh. Oh I'm so sorry."

"Eli's my brother, Sweetheart. If you had good judgment, you'd give him a chance. And I'm not saying this from a subjective sister viewpoint. I have an older brother I wouldn't wish on anyone, but that boy right there," I pointed at Eli, "he's worth anything you've got."

"He's good at football. He talks to the guys about playing in college. Dad says he's got scouts who are supposed to be coming and seeing him play."

"Look, I had to pick up the pieces the last time a girl broke his heart. So you need to decide whether you like him or don't and follow through. You won't ever be pushed to the backburner because he plays football. And in college he knows academics come first. He has a good head on his shoulders."

"Maybe you're right." She took a deep breath. "Put a good word in for me? He hasn't talked to me since I turned him down..."

"Could you blame him? He really likes you and you fit him into a stereotype with your father." I stood up as the coaches blew their whistles and everyone started heading towards the locker rooms. "I'll try. I can't promise anything though."

---

We got home at the same time and he walked with me up to the house. "I saw you talking with Sarah."

"So that's her name. You never told me and she didn't feel inclined to either." I led the way up the stairs. Alex's door was open and he was lying on his bed.

"What did you guys talk about?"

"You mostly. I'm not saying to get your hopes up because she seems kind of selfish, but if she tries... give her a chance." I stood at his door as he grabbed clothes to change into after he showered. He started taking off his shirt and pants and my eyes widened.

"Thanks. Although, her rejection kind of made me realize the things I like in a girl, and she lacks a few." He smiled at me before I turned away.

"Well, you take a shower and then we can talk more."

"Sure, Holly." His voice had a laugh in it, and I knew he was laughing at me being uncomfortable with him stripping down.

I stayed in my room until I heard the bathroom door close and then walked across to Alex's room, closing the door behind me. He was taking a nap as I crawled up beside him. I brushed his hair out of his face and pressed a kiss to his cheek as he smiled in his sleep, and I wondered if the dream me had kissed his cheek too. I brushed my hand over his cheek, down his neck, and paused on his stomach. I glanced up at him before unzipping his pants and trailing my fingers over half-hardened boxer-clad member. It got harder with each stroke and I watched his face as his forehead crinkled, smiling at being able to touch him without being reprimanded.

I pulled him out of his boxers and moved my head closer. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I laid my head on his stomach and sighed.

"Go back to sleep." He pulled my hand from him and adjusted his boxers back. "Why can't I do this? It's not sex."

"It's oral sex." I blushed that he realized I was about to do just that, having thought he was talking about me touching him in general. "What? The word makes you blush but not the act itself?"

I turned my head to face away from him and he brushed his hand through my hair I'd curled today, tugging softly as they bounced back towards my head. "Why can't you let me do something for you? I want to make you feel good like you did for me."

"Because I don't need you to do that to make me feel good. I don't want you to associate how I feel for you with only sex because that's not what it's about. I genuinely care about you."

"Sometimes you annoy me with this caring thing." I sighed and kissed his stomach, slowly sliding his shirt up and kissing his skin. He tugged at my hair a little and I lifted up.

"I do care. Until you accept that, nothing will happen." He looked in between my eyes, trying to see if I was comprehending him. He put a finger under my chin and sat up to kiss me, pulling me back with him.

He pulled away a minute later and I buried my face in his neck as I caught my breath. "Fine. We can take it slow."

He petted my head and pressed a kiss to my temple. "I knew you'd come around."

---

"Sarah talked to me." Eli sat down next to me the next day after showering. I was sitting on the edge of the pool with my feet in.

"Oh? What did she say?" I watched the patterns the sun made through the water on my feet as I slowly kicked them.

"She said you told her I had my priorities straight, and that she's sorry if she's hurt me. She said the way you talked about me as if I was your best friend and not your brother is what made her believe you." I smiled a little. "She asked me if she could change her answer from before."

"That's great, Eli. When are you two going out?"

"We're not." I looked over at him and he shrugged. "I like someone else."

"A few days ago it was all about this girl and how she was amazing. You sure do move on fast." I knocked my shoulder against him and shook my head.

"Well, I've always liked this girl. Just, I don't know. It's unrealistic in a way. But knowing I like her... it makes it clearer that Sarah just... isn't what I want. She's too hesitant, and way too unsure about things. I'm the guy and I know what I want, so I don't understand why she doesn't."

"Who's the girl? Maybe I can put in a good word for you. Unless she's like thirty, and even then, I'm pretty sure you've got a good chance."

He grinned. "Nah, it's okay. I just wanted you to know I appreciate it. And I'm sorry for getting frustrated with you before; you and I are best friends and I shouldn't doubt that."

I wrapped my arm around him and leaned my head on his shoulder. "No problem. Want to play cards or something?"

"Sure. You can teach me how to not lose at poker, so I can trick some girl into stripping down for me." I poked him in the ribs. "I'm kidding. You know I'd never do that. JT would, but I wouldn't."

"Well then, come on." I stood up and held a hand out to him, helping to pull him up.

---

I sat outside of the mall's body art place with Amy, debating on what I wanted. "They'll freak," I repeated for about the fifth time and Amy nodded beside me. I suddenly stood up. "I'm doing it."

"I'll come and hold your hand," she said, standing up beside me and following me as I strode towards the shop. I was going to get my lip pierced on the right side and a small one-inch heart on my left hip bone.

I got my papers filled out, picked out my crystal stud for my lip that matched the one I wore on the left side of my nose. I got my lip done first and was grateful that JT never lied about it only stinging slightly. But as he readied the needle for my tattoo I gripped Amy's hand tightly.

"Chill out. You can still change your mind if you don't want to. But if you're sure, you need to stop psyching yourself out."

"I'm good. Really." I took deep breaths and caught the amused smile on the tattoo artist's face. He must get tons of girls and guys like me a day. I gritted my teeth at the pricks of the needle and Amy brushed my hair back from my face.

"Your brothers are going to freak."

"I know." I smiled and squeezed her hand. "Totally worth it."

---

"Hey Holly, want...to... What the hell?" Eli pushed open the door more. "Didn't Alex say no more piercings?"

I smiled, thinking of telling him about the tattoo, but holding back. "I'm twenty. It's my choice."

His wide eyes relaxed a little bit and he leaned against the door jam. "Why'd you do it?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I felt like a change is all."

"Piercing your lip is changing things." He raised an eyebrow at me.

I shrugged again. "I didn't say that was all I was changing. I considered dying my hair red."

"I'm glad you decided against it. You make a good blond."

"The decision is still on the table."

"Does it hurt?" He pushed away from the frame and sat down beside me on my bed.

"Not really. Want to play cards?" I leaned over and grabbed my deck on the side table. I handed them to him and he shuffled them before dealing out our cards.

"So how would you advise going about trying to get a girl who flirts with several guys, kisses without commitment, but doesn't usually have relationships?"

"Easy. Kiss her. She shouldn't freak out because she's used to doing it, right? Plus, surely you're a good kisser and can sway her. Just... don't act like its casual. Hold her or something so she knows you care." We were playing ERS and I slapped a double.

He seemed to be thinking over my words and I paused our steady pace, laying a hand on his knee to get him to look at me. "Hey, just try it. What's the worst that could happen? It's not like you're some repulsive guy she'd be offended was trying to hit on her. You're a good guy."

"Right. Of course." He smiled and poked me. "Your turn."

---

"What in the hell is that?" Alex's eyes zoomed in on my lip as he handed me a plate.

"I just got it today. Do you like it?" I turned to the stove and started making my plate.

"I distinctly remember saying you shouldn't get anything else pierced."

"I know." I turned and smiled at him. "But I wanted it. I'm twenty now, and I decided I wanted a change. I like it and Amy said it looked good on me."

"I've got to have a talk with Amy about her influence on you." He frowned at me and handed JT a plate as he walked in. "What do you think of this, JT?"

"Think of what?" He looked at me and cocked an eyebrow. "Trying to steal my style, sis?"

"Psh. I own your style better than you do." I knocked his hip with mine and walked towards the table to join Eli. "Eli likes it, and apparently JT doesn't have a problem."

"Don't bring me into this," Eli said in between mouthfuls. I stuck my tongue out at him as JT took the seat beside me. I looked over at him and held his gaze a moment before starting in on my food.

"We can talk about it later," Alex said and sat down across from me.

---

"I'm thinking of going swimming. Want to come with me?" Eli asked as we finished playing a videogame. I rolled onto my back.

"I can't."

"What do you mean? Is it like... that time?"

I smiled at his awkwardness. "No. I just can't be submerged in water for a little while." I sat up and looked at him. "You can't tell."

"Can't tell what?" He sat up, too, and I reached for the bottom of my shirt. "What are you—oh."

"I got it today with my piercing. It's just a heart, but I'm not supposed to be swimming or anything in case of infection or something." I peeled back the bandage covering it and smiled at the small heart there. "It's simple, but I like it."

"Are you going to tell JT or Alex?"

"Tell me or JT what?" I jerked my shirt down as Alex knocked the door open more. Eli looked at me and I shook my head and smiled. Alex looked between us two, waiting, but neither of us said anything. "Alright, fine. Can I talk to you, Holly?"

"Sure." I got off the bed and walked behind him to his room. "What's up?" I asked as I lay back on his bed.

"Why'd you get your lip pierced today?" He again chose the rolly chair and came to sit in front of me. I sat up and took hold of the hands he'd placed on my knees.

"I wanted it. Amy and I were walking around and I saw this really pretty girl walk by with a stud in the same place and she managed to still look classy. I think I pull it off in the same manner." I tilted my head. "Why don't you like it?"

"You're going to have to take it out for jobs. You know that, right?"

"Not if I join the burlesque club. They don't really care."

He narrowed his eyes. "My little sister is not going to be a stripper."

"They don't strip in burlesque clubs, Alex. They dance." I dropped back and looked at the ceiling.

"They're mostly naked anyways, so there's no need to strip. It's dangerous. Someone could follow you and rape you or kill you."

"Relax, it was a joke anyways. Nowhere around here is hiring right now. And JT doesn't have a job, so I don't see why I should have one."

"You're right. Keep your grades up and stay in school and you don't have to get one. But if either of you drop out, it's get a job or find a new place to stay." I frowned. "I want all three of you to be able to support yourselves in case anything ever happens. I won't baby you just as our parent's wouldn't have."

"Alright." His hands moved up to my ribs and he kissed my stomach. I was intensely aware of how close he was to my tattoo and prayed he wouldn't lift my shirt.

"Now," he stood up and I looked at him, "are you okay with going camping this day next week?"

"How long are we going?"

"However long you want to."

I turned my eyes to the ceiling and thought about it. It was Tuesday and I started school in exactly three weeks. "We could stay until Saturday?" I propped myself up on my elbows and trailed my eyes up him until I met his.

His smile was every bit teasing as he'd noticed my casual down-up. "We could. Is that what you want?" The spark in his eyes told me he expected my next answer.

"Of course. Especially if it entails you naked in our tent."

He held out a hand for me and pulled me up and into his arms. "We can worry about little details while we're there." He brushed the hair away from my neck and left his hand there, leaning down and taking my mouth with his. I made a small noise and he pulled away. "I still don't encourage it, but it's a curious sensation to feel it."

I smiled and lay my head on his shoulder, thinking I'd felt the same about JT's. There was a short knock before the door opened. I hurried to pull away, but Alex didn't let go of me as we turned our heads to the door. "Can I steal her back?" Eli stood with a neutral face, hand on the door knob.

"Sure." Alex dropped his arms and I stepped towards the door. "Give me a second and I'll be right there." Eli nodded and walked away, leaving the door open. I quickly turned back and leaned up for a kiss, but Alex stepped back.

"Not while the door is open." I frowned and walked to the door, shutting it. Alex had followed me and pulled me into another kiss like before. "I love you." He nuzzled my cheek before letting me go.

"I love you, too." I smiled and pecked his cheek a last time before going to find Eli.

---

"You're lying about nothing going on," Eli spoke that night just as I was starting to fall asleep on his chest. His fingers were tracing circles on my back and it took a lot of effort to ignore the pull of sleep.

"Nothing going on where," I mumbled, yawning.

"With Alex." His hand stopped moving on me as I froze. "And I'm right, aren't I?"

I rolled away from him and kept my eyes closed. "I'm finding it insulting that you'd think I'd look at a family member that way."

"I don't see anything wrong with it."

I sighed and sat up. "You should see something wrong with it; it's against the law. Look, I'm just going to go back to my room and keep my distance a little while."

He caught my wrist and pulled me back. "Stop it."

"Really, Eli, I just want to sleep. I don't want to talk about this nonsense. I told you I was sorry you felt neglected." I turned my head to look at him. "And if you're bringing this up because you're having those types of feelings, I'm sure I can get Alex to let you talk to him about it."

"I'm not going to talk to someone else about it. If I have something wrong, I'll talk to you. That's how it's always been." His face showed frustration and he pushed the strand of hair that had fallen out of my ponytail out of my face.

I closed my eyes and sighed. "Sometimes things call for change. I don't think it's best that you talk to me about this stuff."

"Because you're afraid you'll change your mind and make a move."

"No because I don't want to hurt your feelings. I know how she broke your heart before and I'm not going to do it, too." My eyes snapped open as he laid a hand on my cheek, brushing his thumb over my bottom lip.

"Then don't break it." He leaned forward and my mind was still too sluggish to move before he took control of my mouth. He wasn't rough or gentle, but firm and unyielding as I pushed gently at his shoulder. Once I relaxed and kissed him back, he pulled away and pulled me over onto his chest again. "Goodnight, Holly."

My eyes darted around the room as I tried to process what just happened. "I can't stay in here." I tried to lift up, but his arms held me to him and I could only lift up enough to see his face.

"I'm not going to force you into sex, so you need to chill out. Apparently it's okay to try to get into Alex's pants, but not okay to kiss me."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds