• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • A Case of Revenge Ch. 02

A Case of Revenge Ch. 02

1234

The chronological order of my stories is as follows:

Todd & Melina series, Interludes 1-5, Sperm Wars series, Russian Roulette series, Case of the Murdered Lovers series, Case of the Murdered Chessplayer series, The Swap series, Interludes 6-10, Case of the Black Widow series, Teresa's Christmas Story, Case of the Black Badge series.

A Case of Revenge, Ch. 1-2

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, extreme language, and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial or racist language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

*****

Part 6 - Revelations Of The Past

"Ah Michael, Eleanor, please... come in!" encouraged Henry R. Wargrave as the Burkes entered his private office next to his home. "Can my wife get you anything? Coffee? Tea?"

"Just water, thank you." said Eleanor Burke, very much in charge. It was May 10th, a beautiful Spring day outside.

"I have some in here already, Lilly." said Wargrave to his slender, pretty wife. "Thank you." Lilly took the hint and left to return to the main house.

Wargrave had the Burkes sit in chairs placed in front of his desk, then walked behind the desk and sat down in his chair. "I asked you to come by today," he said, "because my report on your son Jack Burke is finally complete." He held up a bound folder of medium thickness.

Seeing the light in their eyes, especially Eleanor's, Wargrave said, "I must tell you, it was extremely difficult to get a lot of this information. Your son went off the grid for long periods, and he hid himself very, very well. But I do think we have most of the answers that you seek."

"That girl Ivy?" Michael Burke asked.

Wargrave said "She was especially hard to find. She was taken into Witness Protection, which in and of itself says a lot. But I want to encourage you both to look seriously at this report. You may find that this girl Ivy is not the problem nor the reason for your son's life of torment that you think she was."

Wargrave was gently trying to steer the Burkes into a certain line of thinking. He was using them, very subtly guiding their actions as he had done to many others over a lifetime of working to get his way on whatever he wanted to have his way upon. He stood up and handed Mrs. Burke the report.

"Feel free to call me with any questions." Wargrave said, experimenting with a dismissal.

"Henry, I cannot thank you enough for this." said Eleanor Burke, trying to keep her hands from shaking as she held the report.

"Believe me, Mrs. Burke, the pleasure is all mine." Wargrave said. "All mine."

---

"Honey, is everything okay?" Michael asked his wife. She was at her desk, reading the report word-by-word; it was her second read-through. It was late at night, and Michael was ready to go to bed. He had not liked the look on Eleanor's face as he watched her read the report. Her face had barely changed, but the light in her eyes seemed to turn a strange color. Maybe it was just his imagination.

"No, Michael, everything is not all right, and after you read this, you'll see why." Eleanor Burke said. "Read it. Every word. Before you go to bed."

The report was brutally straightforward and did not attempt to sugarcoat the truth. It began with Jack Burke's college career. As a Freshman, he seduced several female teachers and professors on the campus, which got one of them fired after other students complained she'd given him an 'A' in her English class though he did no work nor took tests. Those students that complained were then found savagely beaten nearly to death, though none could identify Jack as their attacker.

Jack Burke also was part of a secret fraternity composed of well-endowed men. He partied and hung out with the other young men of the fraternity, indulging in orgies and sex parties several times a week. He was getting a tremendous amount of pussy, fucking the University's most beautiful co-eds and having them come back begging him for more of his huge penis. He was arrested a couple of times for disorderly conduct, one of those times being a plea-deal down from a situation where he was groping a man's wife and then savagely beat the husband in front of the wife when the husband confronted him. Witnesses reported that the woman was laughing at and taunting her husband during the incident.

Then the report got worse: there had been a series of rapes in a 20-mile area surrounding Burke's University town, nearly always of a wife/girlfriend raped in front of her husband/boyfriend, who was forced to watch and was taunted during the ordeal. There were always two men involved in the rapes, with one man meeting the same general description being described as the leader, while the descriptions of the second man were constantly changing, suggesting to the police that one man was recruiting different helpers for different rape excursions. In addition, the testimony of the raped women and the husbands or boyfriends forced to watch had another peculiarity, which potentially related to Jack Burke: the leader rapist had an exceptionally large penis.

During his Senior year, Jack Burke had been seen dating an older woman with glasses, brown hair, a lovely hourglass figure, and really hot legs. This woman may have had drug distribution connections, but she apparently did not attempt to drag Jack into those rackets, and the authorities never determined her name. But after dating this woman for a couple of months, Jack then began living in his dorm room more frequently again. The name of Jack's roommate brought a shock to Eleanor and Michael Burke: it was the same man who was now a young Lieutenant in the Town & County Police Force, whose nickname was the 'Iron Crowbar'.

"Oh my god." Michael Burke said to his wife, who was still awake and watching him read. "I don't remember Jack ever mentioning his roommate's name, but it is the same man who is Todd's uncle..."

"Yes, Michael." said Eleanor, her eyes burning. "Don knew all along, even when you'd asked him to look into it. He knew, Michael! Keep reading."

The report continued that Jack Burke had begun dating a beautiful young woman with black hair, and that he was totally smitten with her. He'd even asked her to marry him, according to the statements of several of Jack's well-hung friends on the campus, and they had sex at least twice a day, every day. Jack's friends wondered if that woman would calm Jack down, or if he'd corrupt her with drugs as he had other women, though he himself never did any drugs beyond marijuana.

As it turned out, neither happened: it was right at that time that a woman Jack had partied with and fucked several times, the woman named Ivy, apparently slept with him and then went to the police, claiming Jack had raped her. Because Jack had been a suspect in the rape cases before, the police believed her story and quickly went to work. Forensic evidence was quickly and easily obtained with a rape kit at the University's Infirmary. The Campus Police there obtained a warrant for Jack's arrest, but it was the town's police that arrested Jack at an off-campus apartment.

Then the story took a turn. The girl Ivy had been working with a professor in the Psychology Department. The professor, who was also the wife of a high-level Army officer who would become a general officer, went to the Police Station and had a conversation with Burke, threatening him and demanding he leave town, and that he never again attempt to contact the woman he'd asked to marry him. Burke did leave town, not speaking to the young woman, who went on to marry Burke's college roommate. The girl Ivy withdrew the charges, and the case against Burke collapsed and was not pursued further.

At this point, following Jack's story got much harder, according to the report. The professor apparently had used contacts of her Army husband to keep tabs on Jack, saying he'd possibly been recruited as a spy for a foreign government. The FBI watched him for a couple of years before considering him to be harmless and dropping him from their 'active' lists of possible spies.

According to FBI surveillance, Jack had made appearances at parties thrown by friends and members of the secret fraternity he was a part of, but almost never around the town or campus of his school. There was one incident shortly after he'd been run out of school and town, however, where the older woman he'd been dating showed up at one of the parties and went with Jack to a back room, from which a vicious argument could be heard.

According to witnesses, the woman claimed that Jack had not done what he'd promised about something to do with his college roommate, and Jack said he'd done what he could. Then the woman began screaming and threatening to kill Jack. Neighbors had called the police about the noise from the party, and when they arrived, Jack had bolted through the window and into the woods behind the house, with the woman screaming after him that she'd find him. The witnesses interviewed for the report said that they never saw nor heard from Jack Burke again. Again, the FBI had not been able to identify the woman.

At this point, the professor that had chased Jack off was at another school, and was spending much of her time on a sabbatical to Europe, causing her to cease keeping tabs on Jack. Jack's story picked up again about two years later. He'd been working for a chemical company, analyzing samples for the research group. Some of the research disappeared from the lab, and Jack had disappeared at the same time. He had not used the name Jack Burke while employed there; fingerprint identification had proved his existence there. The police believed that Jack stole the research data, and the FBI attempted to revive their overwatch of him, but he'd slipped off the grid.

Some months later, Jack was believed to be living with a couple named Windham, or at least that was the husband's name. He lived with them for about a year, and people in the apartment complex readily remembered him as "Jack", saying that he was a nice enough guy but always seemed to be looking over his shoulder or scanning the any crowd or group he was a part of. Jack then disappeared completely, and Windham and his wife had no idea where Jack had gone off to. The FBI appeared in the town about two weeks later, asking about Jack, but the trail had gone cold. How the FBI had known to pursue Jack in that town in the first place was not known. As a side note, Windham was a professional photographer, and his wife went into the Police Academy shortly after Jack disappeared, and the couple divorced about eight months after Jack left.

Jack Burke was identified two years later, again by fingerprints, after working under an assumed name at another chemical plant. Though no research had disappeared, another company filed for a process patent just days before Jack's company filed a patent for the same process, and Jack was once again believed to have been involved in industrial espionage. The FBI again attempted to pick up his trail, but to no avail.

Jack Burke was believed to have been living with couples or women during the intervals where he was unable to be found. He possibly worked on oil rigs in Texas and Oklahoma. There was one police report in Texas where a man whose description matched Jack was shot at in a drive-by shooting while working on a oil drilling site. The man was unharmed. The police caught the shooters, and the report of one Officer Angela Harlan stated that they'd admitted being hired to shoot at the guy to scare him into paying a debt he owed, but would say nothing further about who had hired them... even when offered total immunity! When police went to talk to Jack a second time, he had disappeared from that job, that oil drilling site, and was not seen again in Texas.

Burke then showed up again, in the local Town and County. He worked a couple of low-paying jobs, but might have begun working for a drug ring at the time he was killed. He had been having sexual affairs with several women, including his brother's wife, the black-haired woman he'd wanted to marry back in college, as well as a number of other trophy wives in the County. He had filmed many of his sex sessions, and it was surmised by Police that he did so for his own protection rather than blackmail, as he never attempted to extort money from any of the women.

Then the story ended with a shocker. The professor that had threatened Jack at his school had since taken a full professorship at the local University. She had contacted the FBI about Jack's presence in the County, and they put him under surveillance. Their report at the time stated that while under surveillance, Jack had had sexual relationships with one Jeanine Olivet and one Marie Arruzio. Only days before Jack was killed, this professor had a private meeting with University Regent Jack Arruzio.

The professor's name, the report stated in conclusion, was Dr. Laura W. Fredricson.

"I don't believe it." Michael Burke said, feeling his whole body shaking. "How could Wargrave get this much stuff? It reads like a dime novel!"

"I believe it." Eleanor said, her eyes unfocused, beginning to rant. "It's mostly from FBI and police reports, which Henry Wargrave could all too easily obtain. But that doesn't matter Michael: it was Laura Fredricson who lied about our son being a rapist and drove him away from school. It was Laura Fredricson who lied to the FBI about our son being a spy and drove him away from several jobs. It was Laura Fredricson who told Joe Arruzio about our son's affair with Marie, and who knows what lies she told Joe to drive him mad enough to kill them. And now Laura Fredricson is married to Jack's college roommate. Do you really wish me to believe that all this is just a set of coincidence after coincidence?"

---

"Hi Grandma!" Todd said cheerfully as Phyllis came into his and Jeanine's house. It was May 12th.

"Hello, dear." said Phyllis, giving Todd a kiss. It was meant for his cheek, but Todd turned and made it a full open-mouthed kiss. Phyllis returned the kiss and made out with her grandson for several minutes.

"So, Todd," Phyllis said, breaking the kiss, then sitting down after picking up Todd's baby son Doug and holding him, "you said you wanted to talk to me."

"Yeah." Todd said. "My parents... my dad and stepmom, the Burkes... are acting strange." Todd then recounted how the Burkes were holding whispered conversations, were exhausted from lack of sleep, and would stop talking when he entered the room. In addition, his father Michael had asked him a couple of times about his Uncle Don, and if Todd knew anything about Don's college days.

"I told them that I hardly knew Uncle Don in those days because my mom and he were estranged, and that I was only about 8 years old at the time." Todd said. "It's really weird."

"Hmmm, very interesting." Phyllis said. "Did any event happen that you know of that would cause them to have such mood changes?"

"All I know is that I keep hearing them say 'the report said...' whenever they think I'm not in hearing distance. I don't know what that report is, but they don't talk about it when I come into the room."

"And you're getting a strange vibe about it, aren't you dear?" Phyllis asked her grandson. Phyllis was getting a vibe about it herself.

"Yeah, Grandma, now that you mention it, it's... strange."

"Todd, if the Burkes were going to hide a report, where would they hide it?"

"My dad has a safe behind a portrait in the den." Todd said. "And Mom- er, Eleanor has a safe in the wall by her desk, behind what looks like a heating vent."

"Do you think you can get into those safes and bring me any reports you find in there?" Phyllis asked.

"I can get in the safes, but I wouldn't want to take anything out where they might find something is missing." Todd replied. "I'd rather take you into the house and we can look in the safes while there."

---

"Easy, peasy." said Todd as he typed in the digital code to his stepmother's safe, getting it on the second try. He'd brought Phyllis into the house in the morning after learning that his parents were going to take an overnight trip to visit 'a friend.' He did not know that they were going to the City to meet someone and put the wheels in motion to breach the Federal Witness Protection program.

"Nice work, Todd." Phyllis said. "Looks like you've done that type of work before."

"You're a riot, Grandma." Todd replied. "Hmmm, here's a report bound in a gray cover, says it's about Jack Burke." He handed it to Phyllis who began reading.

She was still reading an hour and a half later, as Todd watched to make sure the Burkes didn't come home. When she was done, she went into a long think.

Part 7 - All Smiles At The Range

Foster's Indoor Gun Range was a surprisingly busy place on May 15th. In the instructional area, a young man was guiding Eleanor Burke.

"I've had this gun for years." Eleanor said, displaying her Taurus .38 Special 5-shot revolver. "It's time I learned how to properly shoot it. Do you think I'll be able to control it, though?"

"That's a very nice gun for you." the man said. "See these little holes next to the end of the barrel? Those are called 'ports', and will help the gun stay steady when you shoot it. Also, remember that if you're being attacked, you're going to be full of adrenalin and you won't feel a thing shooting the gun... but that's also why practice is important, it'll help you maintain control even when you're frightened."

Going to the range, the man went through the basics with Eleanor.

"Okay, just aim at that target." said the young man. The target was a silhouette of a man, and it was about seven yards away. "You want your hand pressure on the front and back of the handle, not the sides. Feel the pressure on the front and back. Okay, cock the hammer... okay, pull the trigger smoothly. It should be a surprise when the gun goes off."

*POW!*

"Not bad." said the trainer. Eleanor had barely hit the paper. "Okay, fire another shot. Smooth trigger pull, let it be a surprise..."

Eleanor fired all five shots, the last two double-action (not cocking the hammer). Her aim was getting better and better. She went through a second set of five shots, then a third. After that, the instructor left her to finish out the box.

--

Phyllis had watched Eleanor Burke practice, feeling a certain foreboding. Eleanor seemed to have a reason for her shooting practice, and her eyes showed a deep purpose as she intensely worked on her aim. Soon Eleanor was finished, and put the gun back into her black and white purse.

Moments later, Melina and Cindy came in, keeping their appointment to shoot with Phyllis. When Melina saw Eleanor, she quickly ducked down as if she was tying her shoe, and fumbled with it until Eleanor had walked by and was gone. If Eleanor had noticed the other women, her eyes did not even flicker over it.

"What was that shoe-tying routine about, Melina?" Cindy asked.

"That was Eleanor Burke, Todd's stepmother." Melina said. "I'm not sure why, but I didn't want her to see me and recognize me here."

"I think you acted very wisely." said Phyllis. "Okay ladies, let's see if this old woman can give you a run for your money on the range. I have to re-qualify, so I need the practice, as well."

Phyllis shot very well at her targets at ten and 25 yards, and would've easily qualified if it'd been her actual trials. Cindy also did well, shooting a nice center of mass.

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • A Case of Revenge Ch. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 200 milliseconds