A Charmed Life Ch. 05

"Do not trouble yourself," replied Fantine. "I am fine."

"A glass of wine, maybe," Liz pressed? She felt a need to be a responsible host but her nervousness showed.

"If you will join me," Fantine took Liz' hand and brushed a strand of hair from her cheek. "Elizabeth, do not trouble so. I came to help you, not be entertained."

"Please, call me Liz," Liz smiled. "You're right, I'm not accustomed to having someone this deep into my life. I'll be OK. Please, make yourself at home."

"Very well, Liz," she returned Liz' smile. "We have the connaissance to make, yes?"

"Yes. We have time, though. Don't we?" She went to the wine rack and pulled out a bottle and drew a cork screw from the drawer. As she opened the bottle she watched Fantine take off her coat and fold it over her arm. It was the first time she saw Fantine in full light. She was lithe in figure with a sleek, graceful frame. Her face was softer in this light, a warm, rugged appeal with the same impish playfulness she had first noticed. Liz noticed for the first time that she had made herself an apparent age of eighteen. That seemed bold in itself but fully in line with the daring nature of her capable new friend.

She brought in two glasses of wine and set them on the coffee table. "Here. Let me take that for you." She hung up Fantine's coat in the closet. "Please, have a seat." Liz took a seat on the opposite end of the couch from Fantine and they both sipped their wine.

"I am so happy to find you," Fantine said. "I remember when my old friend, he tell me of your kiss. I feel this joy. I know I am not the only one."

"After four hundred years I thought I was the only one," Liz said, she herself in awe of the remark. She had never dared mention this - her deepest secret. This frankness was shockingly refreshing to her.

Fantine' eyes opened wide. "Four hundred!" She moved closer and took Liz' hand in hers. Looking intently in Liz' eyes she said, "Please. Tell me."

Liz told her whole story. She told of her life in sixteenth century England. She told of her lost love and long years awaiting his return. She told of the night when she met Kate and all of the instructions and warnings Kate had imparted to her. She told of all the places she lived and studied and with some shame, what she had done to keep alive. She told her whole four hundred, sixty year-long tale of caution, fear, and loneliness. Fantine drank it all in with great fascination and wonderment, especially all of Kate's instructions and warnings.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 66 milliseconds