A Dangerous Game

"You alright?" He asked.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Just because I'm an asshole doesn't mean I don't care about you, luv. Your dad's made quite a pickle for you. It can't be easy."

"No." She admitted. "It's not."

"It's over now." He said softly.

"What?"

"Gino called while you were in the shower. He got a tip that your mark is in fact, dead. Cops found him about an hour ago in some bushes in an old woman's yard. It seems you nailed him as he was breaking into the old lady's house."

She took a deep breath, reminding herself not to blow her cover. She had nothing to do with Shirley's death, but it looked like she had to Gino and that was all that mattered.

"So, it's really over?"

"Yeah. Gino is taking off your father's debt, with a stern warning of course that it not happen again. Understood?"

She nodded.

"And you'll make your father understand?"

"Of course. It won't happen again."

"Then I suppose I can go, since you don't need a sitter anymore. You'll be alright on your own?" He asked, knowing full well she would be. He was stalling.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just want to go home and get my dad and tell him I'm alright."

He looked at his watch and stalled another minute, awkwardly.

"Hey SugarBee? You be careful out there, alright?"

He tilted her face up to meet his and there it was, that soft, gentle side he had. Underneath the swagger, there was concern.

"Yeah, I'll be careful. Thanks Alex."

He said nothing, just gave her one last kiss and walked out. She gave him time to get out of the hotel and be gone, then she grabbed her backpack, slinging it over her shoulder. It was all over, and she was going home.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 228 milliseconds