• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • A Degree of C Ch. 04

A Degree of C Ch. 04

12

Chapter 4 of A Degree of C is ready for you to read! I apologize for the delay. Let me know if you enjoy it as much as the previous chapters by leaving a rating and/or comment below. -LSEiland

*

An hour's worth of sleep was not the amount Ben wanted to start his day on, but would have to be enough to get him through everything he had planned. The alarm clock to his left read 5:00 A.M. Having envisioned ending his night with Elise by his side, waking up alone was a huge disappointment. The kiss Elise planted on him in the hallway outside his hotel room was her way of softening the blow when she cut their night short. Elise made it clear that approval from Ben's grandmother was not enough to convince her to invite him back to her suite.

Continuing to replay the night as he lay shirtless in bed, Ben thought about how his body had begun to crave Elise's touch. Her presence did something indescribable to his senses. As hard as waiting may be, this window of time gave him an opportunity to end his current relationship. That admission made him feel like an asshole. Ben groaned deeply and stared at the ceiling as he thought about his predicament. One woman had been on his mind this weekend, but it wasn't Sophie, his girlfriend of two years.

Sophie was a talented fashion photographer. She and Ben met at a party held during a snowstorm on one of his regular trips to NYC. Tony had convinced his friend to brave the weather to hang with him and a few clients that were snowed-in. Playing wingman, Tony repaid Ben's generosity by setting him up with the woman he pegged as "hottest" in the room. Ben had not expected much from their introduction, but was eventually susceptible to Sophie's aggressive courting.

Her carefree nature ensured that their relationship remained lively and unpredictable, but a deeper connection was missing. Ben spent more of the last three months figuring out a drama-free way for them to part ways than actually missing Sophie when she was halfway around the world at some swanky editorial shoot.

Convincing himself that the distance between New York and Amsterdam would soften the heaviness of his words, Ben retrieved his iPhone from the nightstand and dialed Sophie's number. He double-checked that his grandmother, thankfully a perpetual early riser, was not in the room, just before she picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Sophie- it's Ben." Keeping his voice even was a challenge.

"Hey! I know you've been beyond busy this weekend; it's good to hear your voice." Her warmth radiated through the phone and instantly made this call difficult for him.

"Yours too... Listen..." Ben said with trepidation.

"Uh, oh...sentences that start with 'listen' are never good. Did something happen during the wedding?" The inflection in her voice signaled that she was anxiously awaiting his reply.

Was Sophie referring to something happening between him and another woman? Instead of seizing the opportunity to deliver his bad news, Ben treaded lightly.

"My sister got married without any mishaps," he said, gripping the phone tighter in response to some anxiety of his own.

"Good. I'll be home in a week, can what's on your mind wait until then?" Sophie sounded determined to deal with the subject of Ben's call at a later date.

Definitely not, Ben declared internally. In his mind, he blurted out the good-intention-laced break-up speech he had rehearsed.

"Yeah... yeah, it can wait." Ben tugged lightly as he ran his left hand through his hair in exasperation. He desperately wanted a clean slate with Elise. Sophie stood in the way of that, but he was certain she deserved better than to be dumped via phone or text.

"Awesome! I have to get ready for my next shoot, but I'll call you tonight when I get back to my hotel."

Goodbyes were traded as the two ended their conversation.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Two floors up and three hours later, Elise was busy packing in lieu of returning home in four hours. She had woken up refreshed after a decent night's sleep. Ben being her first thought this morning was not a surprise. He had managed to hijack her weekend, but Elise would not change anything that transpired between them here in New York. Their present city puzzled Elise when she thought about the future. Could their opulent surroundings, and the love that radiated from Cara and Marco, have influenced the amorous moments they shared?

Elise was hovering over her carry-on bag, trying to find ample space for a pair of tan wedge sandals, when she was struck still after hearing a knock at the door. Her heart had been put through the ringer since she met Ben. It had raced, skipped a few beats, and now felt like it had outright stopped as she wondered who was behind the knocks emanating from the living room door. Curiosity kicked in and led her to the suite's entrance, where she eagerly peeked through the peephole.

There was only one gorgeous face that could heat Elise's body deliciously. As much as she wanted to grant Ben entry, Elise was content on ogling him as he remained oblivious to her presence. The biting of her bottom lip was solely in response to that slick blonde hair and those thin lips she was already addicted to kissing.

Elise must have lingered a little too long because a megawatt smile spread across Ben's face as he now glared knowingly into the peephole.

Accepting that she had been busted, Elise opened the door slowly. Her wary smile was greeted by the reassured smirk Ben proudly displayed as he wished her a good morning and entered the room.

Gaining entry into Elise's hotel suite was a big step for the man who was hoping to someday share a bed with this beautiful woman. His mind frequently settled on sex when Elise was near him, but a committed relationship is what Ben was already certain he wanted to build with her.

Spying a huge plastic bag and inhaling a mouthwatering aroma, Elise closed the door and hastily made her way toward Ben, who now stood beside the dining table. He winked at her just before her eyes trailed down to follow his hands. They were busy unpacking take-out containers.

"My grandmother was right; I watched you- quite unabashedly, yesterday."

Ben took his focus off what he was doing to take in Elise's expression. She tried to hide a tight smile.

"One of the things I noticed was that you didn't eat much at the reception." He sat down at the table, silently prompting her to take a seat across from him.

Elise settled into her seat with something on her mind. "Now that you mention it, I haven't been very hungry lately."

"Hunger is a funny thing. As much as I love food, it hasn't been able to satiate my true desire this weekend."

Ben's actions remained halted as he used his magnetic stare to pour meaning into Elise's bright brown eyes. He wanted her to realize that she had been his sole craving all weekend.

This classified as another moment where Elise could barely endure being at the receiving end of a look so suggestive. The intent of his words and unquestionable determination in his piercing green eyes made the muscles centered between her legs tighten in response. Elise needed to break the sexual tension in the room before she redirected her curiosity and dragged him into the bedroom of the suite for a round of lovemaking that she had already imagined to be incredible.

"Well, whatever you've brought is definitely awakening my appetite." She rested her hands on the container he had placed in front of her and looked over at Ben with an innocent grin. "May I?"

"Go for it." He laughed as her eyes widened once she had gotten a glimpse of what was hiding under the lid.

"Ben, this looks delicious. Why do I sense there's a story behind this meal?" said Elise, gazing expectantly into the container.

"I don't know how much Cara has shared with you about our childhood here, but we basically grew up on this breakfast. Every Sunday, our parents would treat us to these giant buttermilk waffles."

"Nice try, but even giant is an understatement. I hope you don't expect me to finish this by myself." Elise's look signified that she was truly thinking about how she could possibly make that happen.

"Actually, I was hoping you would share. I've got half a ham and cheese omelet and hash browns for you, if you're interested." Ben cocked his eyebrows twice.

"Mmm... deal!" As if she needed more encouragement after being promised cheesy eggs and seasoned potatoes.

The two proceeded to divvy up their breakfast and munch happily, engaging in conversation between each scrumptious bite.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ben thought about how much he enjoyed talking to Elise. There was an air of effortlessness to communicating with her that he had not been privy to with any other mate. He was leaning back in his chair, listening to Elise downplay missing the chance to venture around New York City because she had been attending to bridezilla Cara, when he decided to offer his tour guide services once again.

"So stay."

"What?" Just vacating the table, Elise made her way to the adjacent picture window. Her eyes surveyed the beautiful canopy of trees that encompassed Central Park.

"Stay one more day. We can go wherever you want. I'll even introduce you to a few hidden gems in this city. At no point will you be bored, I promise."

Ben's last words replayed over again in Elise's head. Spending a magical day in New York City from his perspective would be ideal, but she knew it was time to return to Chicago. And time to face the reality of her fresh break-up with Vincent.

Closing the space between them was Ben's strategy for emphasizing the uniqueness of what he was offering; the two of them, left to explore anything on a whim. Contemplation was evident in Elise's reflection as Ben stood behind her. Her eyes were still focused on the view while his searched her face for a hint to a final decision.

The warmth radiating from Ben's close proximity knocked Elise out of her thoughtful state and back into, unfortunately for him, travel-mode.

"What time is it?!" It was now his reflection that held her attention.

"A quarter after nine."

"Shit!" She turned and gave him a heartfelt smile. "Spending the day with you sounds great, Ben. But-"

"You need to get home. Say no more... I understand."

Happy he understood, but slightly sad he didn't opt to change her mind, she made him an offer, "Rain check?"

"Absolutely, but you should know I will hold you to that."

She nodded, seemingly OK with owing him one.

"What time is your flight?"

"Noon, which means I have to say bye to you so I can finish packing."

Ben casually offered his assistance. Realizing this moment was leading to their first legitimate goodbye after professing their feelings this weekend, most of them being nonverbal, Elise made little of the duties she had left and escorted him to the door. Sensing Ben was about to lean in for a pivotal kiss, she thanked him for breakfast and then retreated to the bedroom of the suite. Elise decided that distance was best because a relationship with Cara's brother would never translate once they returned to Chicago.

Lingering at the suite's door, Ben quickly gauged whether he should trail behind her for a proper goodbye or let this stage of their budding relationship end here. Not wanting to overstep any boundaries, he reluctantly exited Elise's hotel suite.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Returning to Chicago was going almost too smoothly for Elise. Secured into her window seat for the flight home, she recalled her silly reasoning for the middle seat to her right being empty so close to takeoff. Elise was sure that Ben, most likely with information from Cara, had found a way to surprise her. While the gesture would have been utterly romantic, her hopes were dashed when an edgy teenage girl sporting peacock-hued hair plopped into the seat.

Elise convinced herself, once again, that distance was best.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Terminal 3 of O'Hare Airport was familiar territory for Elise. Normally, she would make a beeline for the Blue Line. Today, however, gift shops were a big draw. Buying a touristy refrigerator magnet inside LGA reminded Elise that although a souvenir was purchased during out-of-town trips, she owned nothing that represented the city she loved more than any other.

Elise walked into a shop that showcased a wide selection of refrigerator magnets on revolving displays. She carefully examined each variety until she found one that was worthy of hanging amongst her favorite pictures and the other magnets she had collected over the years. Spotting one that highlighted the Chicago skyline with a sparkly view of Lake Michigan, she grabbed it and headed for the register.

"Hi, will this be all for you today?" a friendly saleswoman asked as she accepted the item from Elise and initiated the transaction.

"This is it, yes," answered Elise, eyes focused on finding her wallet in the massive black leather purse she had bought solely for traveling.

"OK, your total is $4.26. Will this be cash or charge?" The woman busily wrapped and bagged the item while awaiting an answer.

"Charge."

The right word was uttered to the cashier, but the voice didn't belong to Elise. The attention of both women was diverted to a man whose presence had gone unnoticed.

Though he had only spoken one word, Elise had no doubt the voice belonged to Ben before seeking confirmation. An attempt to verify her hunch was blocked when he leaned forward to hand his credit card to the cashier.

Giddy at this handsome man's sentiment and the sight of a visibly flustered Elise, the woman didn't hesitate to process the transaction.

This glimpse of Ben purchasing a keepsake for her, like he did it all the time, was special for Elise. Maybe this can work.

Once the sale was complete, a small bag and receipt was handed to Ben.

"For you," Ben finally faced Elise and, with an endearing grin, gave her the bag.

"Thanks, Ben," Elise managed to mutter after such an overwhelmingly-sweet shocker. She accepted his gift, retrieved her carry-on luggage from the floor, and headed out of the store.

Ben trailed behind Elise, eyes fixated on how great her ass and swaying hips looked in a pair of mint skinny jeans. Her lead didn't last very long; she stopped a few feet from the store with one intention. Curious, but also semi-sure he knew what to expect, Ben halted in front of Elise in anticipation.

- - - - - - - - - -

The idea to return home sooner than planned was an early conception. He knew she would suspect his surprise was due to the urging of his sister, but the idea solely belonged to Ben. Cara's best-friend-status was only handy when it came to securing the pertinent information needed to carry out his plan.

Able to snag a seat on a plane that arrived twenty minutes before Elise's flight landed, Ben headed to the airport shortly after leaving her hotel room. He speedily made his way to her plane's awaiting gate in Terminal 3 after touching down at ORD. Wanting to be discovered, but hoping to use the element of surprise to his advantage, Ben settled onto a stool nestled in a corner at an adjacent restaurant in the concourse.

Ben was nursing a Coke when he spotted Elise. He unconsciously put the drink down and leaned forward, elbows and arms folded on the table in front of him. This immediate pull was something Ben had felt from the moment he met her. Attentively watching as Elise maneuvered through the other travelers in the concourse, one thought plagued Ben's mind: She's too good for me.

His reference was to Elise's beauty and spirit, but Ben didn't have time to ruminate on his feelings because she was now making her way toward him. Once again Ben perked up, waiting to see if Elise would recognize him while passing by. The two were a foot apart when her path took a different direction. Puzzled at what caused her to suddenly veer to the left, Ben picked up his belongings and traced Elise's steps. He spotted her through the glass windows of a gift shop and knew exactly what to do when she stepped toward the register.

- - - - - - - - - -

It was clear to Elise that Ben was in memory-mode. What was on Ben's mind interested her, but repaying his generosity was more important. Regaining Ben's attention was done through touch. Elise reached for his right hand and softly coasted her thumb back and forth along his wrist until her ministrations registered with him. She knew they had when Ben maneuvered his hand around to capture hers and interlock their fingers.

"I lost you for a minute." Elise felt no shame in bringing the daydreaming to his attention.

"Not really. Just thinking about what it took to get here, and why I'm here." Ben squeezed her hand while the word "why" slipped out of his mouth.

Having a hunch someone flew hundreds of miles just to be with her, and then knowing for sure, was the catalyst to one of the most amazing natural highs Elise had ever experienced.

Abandoning her normal instinct to let the man make the first move, Elise used their joined hand to pull Ben close. Her initiation of this embrace met with no objection from Ben. Eager to follow Elise's lead for a second time, he connected with her for a kiss that was sure to slow even the most jaded traveler's stride.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hours before, Ben hoped his actions would be well-received by Elise. Holding hands and feeling himself being coaxed closer to her body was already better than the greeting he imagined during his flight. A bashful smile and sweet salutation was replaced with a display of affection that was tender, backed with confidence, and rivaled his spontaneity.

If Ben had to use one word to describe this moment, "sensory" would work perfectly. The softness of her small hand in his grasp, coupled with the aggressiveness of her other hand easing him closer, captured his attention and flipped the switch on his arousal.

This is unlike the Elise I was introduced to a few days ago.

Ben's mind took a quick note of the contradiction between the woman he assumed Elise was, and the woman he was actively discovering her to be.

Not that I'm complaining.

Instead of going straight for the kiss, Ben was treated to playful teasing from this unpredictable woman. Stopping short of her plump summery pink-painted lips, Elise took what seemed like an excruciatingly long upward gaze into Ben's eyes. His level of desire was being tested. Unable to pretend like this opportunity for intimacy didn't occur hours later than he had hoped to wait, Ben shifted his focus to her lips.

It became obvious to him that Elise was pleased they were a distraction. Watching them curl upward in amusement was Ben's last sight before her lips made heavenly contact. The warmth of Elise's mouth and the faint taste of strawberry bubblegum was almost his undoing. Keeping in mind that they were in public, Ben rated this smooch as seductive enough to convey her happiness to have him on her turf.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Come home with me." Their reunion kiss had barely been broken when Ben let forth a suggestive outburst; four words representative of more spontaneity.

Instead of quickly giving Ben an answer, Elise's inviting embrace turned cold.

Of course... this typical guy assumed an airport surprise would certainly get me into bed with him.

The hand gripping his shirt was in the process of pushing him away, when Ben caught wind of her displeasure with his forthrightness.

"Hey... not like that." He instinctively used both hands to brace her elbows in an attempt to stress his point- and keep her from leaving. "I just want to show you something."

An unwavering glare was thrown at Ben. I know what you want to show me. The fact that she wanted to see it didn't matter.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • A Degree of C Ch. 04

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 19 milliseconds