A Drow's Dilemma Ep. 11: Satisfaction

Ashyr went back to her previous position with her face nuzzled into his neck and her arms grasping him tightly. She didn't want to look at his expression anymore. She wanted to enjoy this closeness before he decided that he needed to leave, to never do that again - she was sure that was about to happen. It was what happened every other time. Why did that bottle of booze have to be so far away?

As she nestled into him, the ghostly chill around his heart melted. For most of his living life, Caleldir had wanted to be a hero. To help and to save people. After his unliving life had been spent as a villainous spectre, his wish had intensified, driven on by the desire to make up for his legendary misdeeds. But opportunities for heroism had been limited. Now he had an opportunity. A very strange one, in the form of a strong, beautiful, lusty Drow warrior woman. He would try to give her what she needed: not sex, but love.

And so, Caleldir came to his conclusion. He closed his eyes, and moved one hand up to stroke Ashyr's platinum hair and the various trinkets she kept in it. "Do not worry." He whispered very softly. "I will not leave you."

Ashyr froze. He wasn't going to leave her? That was the exact opposite thing she'd expected him to say. Then slowly, as if in a dream, she pulled back from him again only enough so that she could see his face. She had to make sure he wasn't joking. Caleldir's face looked honest. He wasn't cruel; he wouldn't joke about that. It made her feel so... relieved. She was so sure that he'd feel too angry with her or himself to be able to face her after this. Hell, she should have forced herself on him way earlier. Her hand went up to gently caress his jaw, then she leaned forward to kiss him as tenderly as she knew how.

When her lips broke from his, there was even a faint smile on her face. "Good." She said. The smile turned to a small smirk. It was nowhere near the expression she achieved before all that shit in her recent life went down, but it was getting there. "Otherwise us being roommates would be awkward as hell." Her words were only slightly slurred.

She disengaged from him then and stood up. "I should probably eat something" She paused, tilted her head, and continued, "and I think Bard might be terrorizing the kitchen staff. Probably shouldn't have left him alone." There was still a sort of emotional weariness behind her eyes, but at least she didn't look as downright angry as she did when entering the room.

It was nice to see Ashyr go back to her usual manner, more or less. That sexy smirk that she had was not quite up to its former mischievous grandeur, but it was something at least. He sat up, resisting the urge to cover himself with the blanket. "You should eat. Although, you need to get dressed first. Both of us should." He gave his lover's body an appreciative look. It was odd to think of the two of them as lovers now, but in a way that was what they were.

The drow blinked, then looked down at herself. Oh yeah. Clothes. She sighed as if it was the most inconvenient chore in the world to get dressed. She did so anyway. Then she grabbed her bottle and took another swig. This time she didn't try to chug it. Her plans for the night changed pretty drastically, but one of those changes did not involve sobriety. At least she wasn't planning on drinking until she passed out anymore.

Caleldir put his new clothes on with mechanical efficiency. Ashyr needed him to stay by her side, certainly, but the lust and desire that had overtaken him then was dangerous. He feared that if he gave into her too much he might lose himself, but if he returned to being distant and unavailable she would lose herself. Neither option was permissible. "Forgive me, but I need to go on a walk to clear my head." He said. "Shall I see you this evening? We shall have to work out sleeping arrangements, at least." He said the last bit with an attempt at Ashyr's smirkingly sexy humor, but it did not carry the same genuineness of her remarks. He was too worried.

"Yeah. I'll be around." She told him. Ashyr didn't plan on leaving the building.

Now dressed in her tunic and cloth pants, Ashyr followed Caleldir out of the room with her booze in hand and watched him leave through a side door. Instead of going straight into the common room, she then turned her course to the kitchen. Sure enough, there was Bard begging some of the kitchen staff most piteously. The drow couldn't tell how successful the wolf had been. She procured some still-warm bread and ordered the young wolf to come with her.

Mistress and wolf both walked into the large common room and sat at an empty table. Things were still fairly quiet, but there was an air of growing joviality among the people clustered around some of the larger tables. One of the people from the troop, much drunker than she was (though she was on her way to catching up,) clambered up onto one of the tables and began singing. What he lacked in sobriety he made up in enthusiasm, and soon there were people drumming on the tables and a few similarly drunk dancers. The natives of the town seemed perfectly happy to join in on the merrymaking - one even pulled out a flute and began playing along.

Not everyone was well-behaved, but even that interested Ashyr. A hairy, scruffy-looking human was getting too friendly with a few of the females. Ashyr didn't recognise him, so he must have been from the town. Or elsewhere, she couldn't tell. He wasn't of the troupe, that was for sure. Whoever he was, his attentions were clearly not appreciated, though he was attractive enough for a human. Despite their protests, though, he persisted. That was, until the the attractive bartender stepped in and distracted him. She, apparently, was desirous of the attention the other women had but did not want. It was interesting to watch the interaction between the sexes here where men were more likely to be dominant. Had they been underground, the annoyed women would have gotten rid of the male in a heartbeat, and without the help of another female.

Ashyr decided she was glad she came down here instead of brooding in her room. Surface dwellers had such entertaining, care-free parties. Or maybe that was a trait unique to the troupe. Another trait unique to that group of people was the ability to get her to actually join them. Two weeks before, even a drunk Ashyr would have gone someplace less rowdy.

"Ashyr!" A happily bedraggled Artur called out when the impromptu celebration seemed to be in full gear. People had moved tables and chairs out from the middle of the room to make space for dancing. He approached her lonely table and held out a hand to her. "You wanna dance?"

The drow scoffed, but she made it a light-hearted gesture, "And spoil my mystique?" She took another sip of her bottle.

The troop leader nodded sagely. "You're probably right. Better stay there then."

Artur gave up on trying to get her to join the rest of the group. Everyone was partying as hard as they could to drive away the darkness of loss and hardship the troop had been forced to endure. Everyone not in the group still seemed all for it. Even if things occasionally got carried away and ended with something being broken.

Ashyr was beginning to wonder when Caleldir would get back. It was not like him to avoid laughter. He should have been off to the side somewhere telling some crazy story of heroics that almost certainly never happened. She was about to get up to go find him when someone plopped down on her lap. Ashyr gave the redhead a startled look. Whoever it was, she did not recognize her. The woman looked exceedingly drunk. Not to be outdone, the drow took another swig from her own alcohol of choice.

"You're a drow." The redhead declared. Ashyr opened her mouth to confirm those allegations, but the woman kept talking. "I heard - I heard that all drow are lesbians."

Ashyr let out a short, quick laugh and put her hands on the young woman's hips. "Even the men?"

"Even," she paused to hiccup, "The men." The woman then poked Ashyr's nose.

--

In an interesting twist of fate, the generally reclusive and brooding Ashyr was, while not exactly partying, was a least staying near the party, while Caleldir, who normally stayed with the group participating in their revels, or at least hanging around the periphery talking to people, instead found himself moping around the deserted areas of town. He wished Gurzan and his wife were here. Gurzan would be no help in this situation, but his wife would. She always knew what to say, and was an endless fountain of romantic advice.

Unlike the Nameless God right now. Kneeling in the grass, Caleldir looked at the shrine that he had built, a small x-like cross of two sticks tied together with the Holy Eternal Circle fixed to the intersection. When he meditated back in the chapel, with the stained glass windows casting dappled light across the solemn benches, with the sound of the monks chanting their melodious prayers, it had really seemed that he was close to the Nameless God, almost able to grasp His unknowable Name. But that was back when his mind was ordered and untainted. When right and and wrong were simple things dictated by the Monk's code and laws that never conflicted or contradicted. Here he was faced with two sins: fornication or let a friend fall into destruction. The first of those options was of course preferable, but too much so.

After seemingly an hour of prayer and meditation in which no answers came to him, Caleldir finally stood up in frustration. Maybe God had abandoned him after all. Perhaps the sins in his heart clouded his hearing. Or maybe his God really had been killed twelve hundred years ago. The monks said that that was impossible: that the God they worshiped was Eternity itself, but they died. Everyone knew that without followers, God's withered away to nothing, finally dying when they were forgotten. Perhaps the Nameless God had been completely forgotten by the world, and so disappeared forever.

With this cheerful thought, he dismantled his little shrine, and turned to walk back to the inn. Then, he heard it. CALELDIR. The voice said. He stopped dead in his tracks. ABANDON NOT THE DROW. BUT NEITHER SHALL YOU SIN. And that was all.

Very shaken, Caleldir returned to the inn.

Caleldir slid in, trying to avoid Artur's predictable questions. Having his God (presumably) suddenly speak to him like that had shaken him to the core. Adding to that, His orders were rather hard to comprehend, seeming to be mutually contradictory and all. He would have to think on how to juggle keeping himself from sliding into perversion at the same time as giving Ashyr much needed emotional ballast. Just him being there was not enough; she clearly had some sort of sex overdrive.

Just as he was trying to get upstairs unnoticed, he noticed Ashyr in a corner with one of the locals sitting on her lap. At least, he thought she was a local. She certainly was not a member of the troop. Ashyr had her hands on the girl's hips and seemed to be at least somewhat happy. Oh yes. Ashyr liked girls too, in the same way as boys. How odd. The monks had never indicated that such a thing was possible, and so he had never quite known what to do with that information. Ignore it, mostly. Still, now that he saw the Drow and the beautiful newcomer flirting with each other, Caleldir did not know if he was jealous, aroused, repulsed, or relieved. Probably relieved. If Ashyr could find another lover to replace him, that would make it possible for him to not break his vows again. So, if he should feel relieved, why did he feel so jealous?

--

Ashyr opened her mouth to ask the woman on her lap if she had a point to her strange ramblings. The point was fairly clear, actually. The drow found it amusing to get the redhead to say what she wanted out loud. Before she spoke however, she saw Caleldir slip back into the inn and try to slink upstairs unnoticed. She caught his eye, and he seemed all for whatever it was he thought she was doing. Ashyr shrugged before turning her attention back to the girl on her lap.

She was a small, adorable sort of woman with bright blue eyes and freckles splashed across her cheeks. Ashyr wondered with a lecherous grin if she had freckles anywhere else. The woman's fiery and shockingly curly red hair was loose around her face and shoulders and caressed the top her her lovely exposed cleavage. While smaller than Ashyr, she was much more femininely curved. She wore a dress as well, a garment Ashyr hadn't worn in several decades.

"Are you listening to me?" The redhead asked. "You're staring at me!"

"Well maybe what you heard about the drow is true." Ashyr responded. She had, in fact, been staring. She wasn't going to apologize.

"I knew it. Ha!" The woman said. The very last part was quite loud, and made Ashyr wince. The woman's attention was on another group of people, whom she was currently pointing at. The people broke into laughter and made some very saucy remarks back at the pair of them. "I'm Carlotta." The redhead declared. "You can call me Lotta." She giggled at herself. "Cause I'm a lotta fun."

How drunk was this girl? "Ashyr." The drow responded with an amused quirk of her mouth. "Did you have a point to all this, or did you just want to out me to the world?"

"I've never met a lesbian." She said, her voice dropped into a conspiratorial tone. "I'm told they're amazing you-know-where."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Ashyr knew exactly what she was talking about.

"You know - in bed. I want to know if it's true."

"What a lovely rumor. Though, I think maybe that should wait until you sober up before you test it. I refuse to get puked on. Talk to me tomorrow."

Lotta pouted at this, but Ashyr insisted. Then the drow stood and dumped the girl from her lap and onto the floor. Ashyr helped her up, surreptitiously pinched her backside, laughed at the resulting squeak, and bid everyone who cared to listen good night. Finally, she made her way up to the room that she and Caleldir shared, Bard at her heel. She walked cautiously into the room to try not to disturb him if he was already asleep.

When she entered the room, Ashyr found Caleldir on his knees by the bed. He appeared to be praying. He continued until he heard her move, at which point he lept up. "Oh! Good evening Ashyr! How was the rest of your afternoon. Mine was..." He frowned. "Well, something happened since we parted that caused me to reevaluate my life." He sighed. "Unfortunately, I cannot tell anyone about it." For a few seconds, he stood still, looking pensively down at the ground.

Then, all at once, his frown evaporated in a bright smile. "Anyway, I see you were making a new friend down there. May I ask anything about her?" There was a small amount of jealousy in his heart, but it was trivially easy to keep that out of his voice. Instead, he went for the tone of an interested friend. "Also," he continued. "We should discuss sleeping arrangements. There is only one bed here after all. Would you prefer me to sleep on the floor?" He asked this question with a bit of a mischievous tone in his voice. He thought that he knew what her answer would be, and feared that she would find him asking the question seriously somewhat insulting. Asking it jokingly made her offence unlikely. But at the same time, if there was any doubt in her mind, like was eating his up no matter how hard he tried to cover it, this would give her a way out.

"I would most certainly not prefer that you sleep on the floor. Sometimes I wonder about you, Caleldir." Ashyr responded in good humor. That was the easiest thing to respond to from his questions and comments. She sat upon the bed heavily and let out a tired sigh. Generally, though, she felt better than she had that morning. And she was most definitely well past the tipsy territory and firmly in the drunken range. It felt nice. The drow took a sip from her now mostly empty beverage.

"I thought that you would rather I were up here." Caleldir said levelly. He sat down on the opposite side of the bed, considering how much of his clothing he should remove. He normally just wore his under-breeches, but at the moment he did not have those. Selene had shredded them and replacing them was lower priority. Part of him did sort of want to just get naked and spoon Ashyr all night, but he shrugged that part away. He would leave just his breeches on. He pulled off his tunic, belt, and footwear. He lay down fully on the bed, in a position with his head propped up on the pillow where he could see Ashyr's face as she looked towards the ceiling.

Ashyr watched him with unconcealed interest. She was actually used to being altogether more clothed when she slept. When alone in the wilderness it was inadvisable to take off one's armor. That way, if a bear decided to gnaw on you, it'd have to get through the leather first. Buy that point, one usually wakes up. With a naughty grin, she decided what she wanted to do. Casually, she pulled her shirt over her head and shimmied out of her pants. She had underwear around her hips, but everywhere else she was naked. In a very typical reaction, Caleldir's eyes went wide. He seemed to have to force himself to look back at her face, meeting her mischievous red eyes. Prepared for sleep, she got herself fully on the bed and curled up against Caleldir. A bright blush against his pale skin followed, and she thought she saw 'activity' in his trousers. For the present, she ignored that reaction.

"The girl - Her name is Carlotta. Though I guess I'm supposed to call her Lotta. Completely smashed, that one." She explained finally once she had gotten comfortable. Ashyr had no idea that he might have cause at all to feel jealous. Monogamy was not really a thing where she came from. If their situations were reversed she would be more amused than anything. "Wanted to learn the sexual habits of the drow. I told her to sober up. Might get interesting later." She said with a wink.

"The habits of the Drow?" He asked. "All right then. For the full effect, you should jump her when she is not expecting it and not take no for an answer." His amused tone blunted the force of his admittedly caustic statement, but it was not hard to tell that he was harboring a bit of resentment for something. Whether Selene or Ashyr not even Caleldir knew. Probably Selene, really.

"Eh, we mostly just do that to our men." She responded with a decidedly evil smirk. Ashyr felt a little bad about that, but she hid it well. She wasn't the type to go around apologizing for her actions. She didn't regret practically forcing herself on him. If she ever got into bed with Lotta, it would be because the adorable redhead wanted it.

"So... that is typical then." He swallowed. Some part of him that Selene had introduced suddenly took an interest in finding out how prevalent that behavior really was. Somehow, though, he figured that even if it was not morally wrong, most of the Drow women would be too sadistic for him to find enjoyable. Selene had been mild by Drow standards, he had gathered, and she still took an unsettling glee in cutting him. "I should probably avoid the Underdark." He finally stated.

He was right. He probably should avoid the Underdark. As should she until she got the means to take the whole place by storm and reestablish the proper order of things. She couldn't imagine a world where her brothers would be any good at preserving the prestige of the Duskhaven name. Despite her recent separation from family affairs, it was still important to her. "Don't worry." She said, smirk still spread across her face. "I'd protect you. I've learned my lesson: no more letting anyone tie me up." That was what got Cal in that predicament. Ashyr paused, her expression once again turning absolutely wicked. "Unless, of course, you wanted to do so."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 60 milliseconds