A Long Time Coming Ch. 02

Slowly she looked up into those beautiful dark blue eyes.

"No. I'm not leaving," she whispered, although that was exactly what she was intending.

"Then you won't mind if I claim this dance, will you?"

Although it was formed as a question, Jade knew he wasn't asking.

"I don't mind," she said, her voice barely a whisper.

As the fates would have it, the band was playing, Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight, a very seductive slow tune that had always been a favorite of Jade's.

Alex gathered her in his arms, urging her closer still. With her heels on, the top of her head reached just at his shoulder which made for a very sweet, intimate fit. One hand enfolded hers on his chest, while the other sat on the curve just above her firm rounded buttocks. Jade relaxed determined to enjoy what may be the only chance she had to be in Alex McCord's arms.

Laying her head on his chest, she lived out her dream as they moved together as one.

Alex was warm and hard, his big body comforting. He was sexy beyond words, but he made her feel so safe, something she hadn't known before. As the words of the song went through her mind, Jade thought that she could easily fall in love with this man.

What she had with Jackson was a young girl's version of love. It was exciting in the beginning, urgent and hot. It had taken time to realize that there were different levels of love between men and women. Her mother once told her that life was all about the journey, now she understood that. She'd learned a lot from her broken relationship with him.

In the years since, she'd stayed away from men in part because she didn't trust herself not to be ruled by her emotions. But, looking back, she accepted that being alone was an important part of the journey.

After the song ended, Alex continued to hold her. When she looked up again, her gaze was met by his sensuous smile. He stroked her hair and then brushed it back behind her ear with a deep sigh. That simple gesture had her heart fluttering with warmth and tenderness.

"We need to talk somewhere much quieter," he said.

Without waiting for a reply, he clutched her hand in his, turned and headed for the door.

"Wait." Jade said softly, stopping in her tracks.

When he looked at her inquiringly, she said, "I need to let Cheryl know that I'm leaving."

Nodding, he let her lead him around the room until they found Cheryl. He wasn't going to allow her to roam about alone and chance that she'd change her mind about going with him.

Jade found Cheryl chatting with two young men who were obviously the reason she forgot to meet her at the bar.

She tapped Cheryl on the shoulder and made her apology for the interruption. Her cousin's eyes widened when she saw the man Jade had in tow.

"Damn!" She thought.

Excusing herself, Cheryl put some distance between them and her companions.

"I'm leaving and I just wanted to let you know," Jade said.

Seeing how Cheryl's eyes darted to Alex, Jade said with more calm than she felt, "I'm forgetting my manners. This is Alex McCord; Alex my cousin Cheryl Harris."

After they finished exchanging a few pleasantries, Jade and Alex left, leaving Cheryl wondering what her cousin was getting herself into. She knew that Jade hadn't dated anyone since Jackson, yet there she was leaving the club with a man she just met. Not just any man, but Alex McCord, a well known attorney and member of the McCord Foundation family.

"In what kind of world does that just happen?" she wondered.

She couldn't question Jade's strange behavior in front of the man, but she would be calling her cousin tomorrow to find out what in the world was going on.

Alex led Jade out of The Grove to his car, a sexy metallic Gray Jaguar XJ. It suited him; sleek and powerful.

They were quiet during the drive with Jade left to ponder her actions. She didn't know where they were going, but she knew that her decision to leave with Alex was monumental. However, she resolved not to think beyond the here and now, so she suspended her doubts and prepared to enjoy the ride.

With her eyes closed, Jade leaned against the head rest and prayed that she wouldn't lose her nerve.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 60 milliseconds