A Long Time Coming Ch. 03

Leaning against him, Jade sighed. She did love the way he felt, the way she felt in his arms. He smelled divine too.

Jade glanced at Briana who said, "I'll be right back," and hurried down the hallway. Alex gave Jade a quizzical look and she shrugged her shoulders. Leaving his arms after a quick kiss, she set the table for dinner.

Briana returned shortly with a picture she painted in pre-school. With a little smile, she held out the picture to Alex. As he examined it thoughtfully, she watched closely for his reaction.

"I did this in school today. I like flowers. When I grow up I'm going to have a big garden," she vowed, making her point by stretching her arms out as far apart as she could.

"I like this very much," Alex said. "Especially the way you used yellow for the petals and put a splash of orange in the center."

Leaning against him, Briana said softly, "It's so pretty."

Then she looked up at Alex. "You can have this one, Mommy has lots already."

Looking over at Jade, Alex saw that she had tears in her eyes. Hell, he felt his own heart constrict. Thanking Briana, he gave her a kiss on her cheek and she beamed. He'd make sure the picture had a place of honor in his office.

"Ok, now," Jade said, blinking back tears, "let's eat dinner while it's warm."

Briana hopped into her chair, and said, "Yum, yum!" as her mother dished up a serving for her.

After dinner, Alex sat on the floor and played a card game with Briana as Jade cleaned up.

Briana was put to bed at 8 O'clock with a story from one of favorite books, The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh. She insisted that Alex read part of the story, which he did with enthusiasm voicing all of the characters to Briana's delight.

At the end of the story Jade and Alex sat with her as she said her prayers, making sure to include Alex. Then he and Jade settled in the living room to talk and cuddle until Alex went home.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 197 milliseconds