A Love Story: Emily and Snake

Everyone laughed and then they had dinner. Terrance and Emily stayed and visited with her parents after their guest had gone. Earl asked the usual questions already knowing that this young man would move heaven and hell to make her happy. After the young couple left, Earl kissed his wife and Bria whispered, "I love you, you old coot." Earl and Bria were content that their daughter was finally happy.

EPILOGUE

"Look, Snake I don't get it. You agreed to this. Come on, man. It's bad enough that she's got you whipped but he's a dude." Andrew complained.

Snake smiled. "I think you two will look nice walking in together. Besides, this is her only wedding, unless we renew our vows and I'm giving her anything she wants."

Andrew was furious when Cici told them they had a guest.

Oman walked in and he knew Andrew was pissed. He and Emily had one more trick and it was a good one. Even Terrance was clueless. Oman frowned and told Andrew he wanted to make sure their tuxedoes matched. He refused to be tacky, besides his future bride might be there. Andrew glared at Oman.

"You could have said no. What guy agrees to be the Man of Honor at a wedding? Look, talk to Emily, and convince her to let Cici fill in. You can give a toast and hell sing and dance if you want. I am not escorting dude down the aisle." Andrew was adamant.

Oman stood his ground, "No, this is her day. The bride always gets what she wants on her special day." Andrew was pissed.

Emily always got her way. He argued some more, but his cries fell on deaf ears. Even his wife Cici ignored him now. Soon Oman and Snake left and Andrew had to make sure the bachelor party was set up. Cici told him that none of Snakes former girlfriends could be invited. In other words, there were to be no strippers. So they were shooting pool and swapping war stories.

The girls had a bachelorette party planned for Emily. Emily knew her sister-in-laws were taking her out. She was overjoyed when Sunnet and Isla joined them. The women played several games and danced into the night. Soon the night ended and the girls went home, making sure Emily was home and tucked in without her fiancé.

Snake had to stay with Andrew and Cici until the wedding so he and Emily had not been alone for a week. Being away from her drove him crazy, but soon they would be married. He could wait one more day to see her. The wedding was the next day and he was ready for it. She would finally be his and he'd spend the rest of his life loving her.

Sunnet and Jacob came and brought their son. Isla came with her date, a young man from her department at school. Chief Joe could not make it, but he sent his well wishes. Everyone in the den sent a group gift and their best wished to the young couple.

The next morning Emily was at the church early. Her mom and her sister-in-laws were with her. She was nervous, and excited. Terrance was all she ever dreamed of. Today, they would unite for eternity. Emily was in her dressing room in her gown. Her bridesmaids had moved into position. She smiled when she thought about her brother and his predicament. She wished he could see the relief on his face when his wife replaced her best friend. Then someone knocked. Her Dad walked in and was so handsome.

"Daddy, you look amazing." She whispered.

"You don't have to marry him you know. I can run him off." Earl teased.

"Daddy, I love him. Besides, I'll have to go find him if you did that." She teased.

Earl laughed. "I like him Emily. Terrance is a good man. He'll take care of you. But remember this, I'm still your Dad. I will always be there for you, ok. I will always protect you. If you need me call. OK." Then they heard her song. "Come on. I have to do the one thing I've spent twenty-eight years dreading." Earl groused.

She entered the door and everyone stood. Emily looked toward the altar and there he stood, her best friend, her lover, her future husband. She giggled as her brother looked relieved. She and Oman agreed that at the last minute, he'd switch sides and let Cici walk down the aisle with Andrew. Oman was still her "Man of Honor." Earl escorted her to her groom but hesitated when it was time to release her. The audience chuckled.

When the pastor asked, "Who gives this woman? " Earl stood.

He faced Terrance. "Terrance, I give to you today my most precious possession. From the moment she was born I vowed that she would always have the best. She has driven me and all of her brothers insane. I've ran off many losers and they've beat up a lot of losers. We kept her until you came. I have always said that I wanted her to have the best, and son I believe that is what you are. Take care of her, love her; she's your other half."

Terrance stood looking dapper in a tailored made tux. He faced his father in law and smiled. He replied simply with "I love her, Earl. She has always been mine."

The minister cleared his throat and conducted the ceremony. Emily cried softly as she recited her vows, and Terrance held her hand. He said his vows loud and clear. Soon they exchanged rings, and just as they were about to be pronounced man and wife, Terrance kissed his bride. The crowd cheered, until the kiss ended. The minister said. "Um son we haven't made it there quite yet. You get to kiss her again." Then he said, "You may kiss the bride. I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Terrance "Snake" Sumner.

All of her brothers cheered. Earl held his wife's hand as she wept softly. Terrance's cousin and his family joined into the fray with catcalls and yelling.

The crowd went to the dining hall for the reception and the happy couple joined them. Andrew, Daniel, Brett, and Peter pulled the groom outside. They wanted words with their new brother in law. Snake joined them and the guys presented him with a gift. Andrew gave him a partnership in his agency. He was now CEO of the agency. Snake was stunned. They also had one more request. Emily could not have any girls. She could only have boys. One Emily in the family was enough. Terrance laughed and went to find his bride. He needed to hold her so he pulled her onto the dance floor. Lady Antebellum played as he held her close and kissed his wife for the third time. The crowd erupted and Oman stood to gather everyone's attention. It was time to throw the bouquet.

All of the single girls flooded the dance floor. Oman pushed Isla out there. Emily turned her back and threw. The bouquet went straight to Isla. Everyone laughed but she glared at her brother who wore a shit-eating grin.

Then it was the guys turn. Snake had to remove the garter Emily wore, but he could not use his hands. He dove under her gown and she was so embarrassed. Finally he came out with the pink and blue garter she had worn was between his teeth. The males avoided the floor, but Brett, Oman and a few guys ended up out there. The garter flew landing right on his brother's Brett head. Andrew hollered and Peter joined in. Bret tried to give the thing away but in the end he hugged his sister and told her she jinxed him.

Soon Terrance and Emily left for their hotel room and Oman offered to drive Isla back to school before heading out with Brett. She was ready to go. Brett held the garter and wondered when he would meet someone. His eyes lighted on Isla. She was talking with his sister-in-laws as they too were leaving. Earl smiled and joined his younger son for a moment. "You will meet her one day, son. When the time is right, you won't be able to get away." Earl told his son and then he and Bria went home. Daniel and Dina had left earlier. Brett decided to ride with Oman when he drove Isla back to campus.

Meanwhile in the honeymoon suite, Emily removed her gown and went into the bathroom with her small pink case. Terrance joined her and took the case. He smiled, "We don't need these anymore."

"OK, let's make a baby." Emily whispered, and they did.

Nine months later, Emily and Snake welcomed their daughter, Bria Nicole Sumner, much to the delight of all four of her uncle's.

THE END

Thank you for reading. Please share your thoughts. I hope you enjoyed this short story. It is self-edited. This is my last submission for this summer. I truly hope you enjoyed the tale. IR2R

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 241 milliseconds