A Matter of Betrayal Ch. 10

"Get going where?" Aileen asked.

"The night's far from over my love, you'll see where we're going when we get there, but we have to be there by eight!" Colin said.

"Another surprise Colin?" Aileen asked.

"Yes, but have I disappointed you so far?"

"Not hardly," Aileen said.

"Good! So let's go!" Colin said. He paid their check then they went to claim their coats and then they left the 21 Club. Colin flagged down a taxi and opened the door for Aileen; she got in and scooted over to make room for Colin. Colin got in the cab and said, "The Majestic Theater," to the driver. The cab driver nodded his head, started the meter, and they were on their way.

"The theater?" Aileen said. Colin just smiled as he looked at his new watch and saw that they had ten minutes until eight. They should make it on time; the theater was only a few blocks away. Colin thought about the school dance. It was supposed to start at eight, he wondered if Sheryl was doing all right and was happy with the date he found for her.

* * *

Sheryl was in her room sitting at her vanity waiting to be picked up to go to the dance. She didn't know how she was keeping herself from crying. Two heartbreaks in one night; first she catches Seth with that slut and he reveals to her their whole relationship was a lie, then she goes to Colin and pours out her soul only to find he doesn't want her back beyond being friends. Now it was Valentine's Day!

Sheryl sighed. She supposed she was getting what she deserved, she shouldn't have treated Colin the way she did and she should have seen through Seth's scheme. It just all seemed so romantic and he was so sincere. Colin had tried to warn her but she didn't listen. She apologized for not believing him which Colin immediately accepted, but he still wouldn't take her back. He said he was still her friend though and he wouldn't see her be alone today. His gesture of kindness after all she did to him only endeared Colin more to her heart and she felt certain that someday they would be together again. She knew now beyond a doubt that he was the only man for her.

Colin told her to be ready to go to the dance and try to put Seth out of her mind. At first Sheryl thought Colin was going to take her to the dance and her heart leapt at the idea, but then he told her he had a prior commitment he couldn't get out of. When she asked him who was taking her to the dance he just told her he had someone in mind he was sure she wouldn't be disappointed with. A blind date on Valentine's Day; Sheryl knew she wasn't supermodel gorgeous, but wasn't these things supposed to happen to the real dogs of the world? Dogs and those who royally fuck up, Sheryl thought, and she definitely fell into one of those categories. She sighed again.

There was a knock on the door. A minute later she heard her foster mom calling from downstairs, "Sheryl? Your date is here!"

Sheryl steeled herself and got up from the vanity and made her way downstairs. When she made her way to the foyer and saw who it was standing there the first word that came out of her mouth was "You?"

Brian Chaplin gave her a broad smile and said, "Yup, me!" Brian was handsome Sheryl supposed. He was tall with blond hair and hazel eyes and was well built; she just didn't know him that well. More than anything she was surprised but Brian must have interpreted the look on her face as one of disappointment.

"Look, I know I'm not a first stringer like you're used to going out with," Brian said with a quirky grin, "but if you give me a chance I think we may have a good time." He handed her a heart-shaped box of chocolates and a single long stem red rose. "I believe these are in line with the traditional bestowals for this holiday," he said.

"Th...Thank you," Sheryl said still bewildered at whom her date was, but she managed to smile.

The quirky grin remained on Brian's face giving him a roguish quality that reminded her somewhat of Harrison Ford. She took his arm as he held it out for her. "You look very nice, by the way," Brian said

"Thank you," Sheryl said again and smiled slightly.

"It was nice to meet you Mrs. Buckner," Brian said to Sheryl's foster mother as he waved goodbye.

"Same here Brian," Sheryl's foster mother said, "treat her good, she deserves it!"

"Don't worry, I was told to treat her like a princess and that's what I'm going to do!" Brian said then he looked at Sheryl, "Hey, I'd treat her like one even if I wasn't told to!"

Brian led Sheryl out of her house and towards his car. Once they were in the car and headed towards the school he said, "Listen, I'm here to escort you to the dance and get you home safely, aside from that, the night's all in your hands. If you don't want to dance a single dance with me that's fine, you dance with whoever you want, if you want to dance every dance with me then I'll be there for you. My suggestion is we go into that auditorium holding are heads high and ignore Seth and whoever he's with the entire night."

"Why are you doing this?" Sheryl asked.

"Because Colin asked me to," Brian said simply.

"He's that good of a friend to you?" she asked.

"Well, I figure I kind of owe him, but it's not like I'm doing this huge favor for him. When he asked me I said 'yes' without hesitation. I could think of a lot worse things to be doing than taking one of the prettiest girls in school to a dance."

Sheryl blushed. Well, Seth had hurt her heart and she didn't have Colin back...yet, but maybe this Valentine's Day wouldn't be so bad after all.

* * *

The taxi arrived at the Majestic Theater. Colin got out of the cab and held his hand out to Aileen to help her out. When they were standing in front of the theater and Aileen saw what was playing there she beamed. "The Phantom of the Opera!" She exclaimed. "I've always wanted to see that!"

"I know," Colin said, "that's why we're here."

They went to the box office and Colin said, "You should have two tickets being held for Martin." The booking clerk checked in a drawer and nodded. He opened an envelope and handed the tickets to Colin. They entered the foyer and once again checked their coats. Colin and Aileen went to the ticket taker in front of the theater doors and Colin handed him their tickets.

An usher led them inside the theater and to their seats. Once again Colin noticed the stares Aileen was getting and that sense of pride returned in full force. Colin also noticed that Aileen was walking with her left hand held in a way that most people would notice her ring as she passed by.

The orchestra was warming up while they were seated. They were sitting in the orchestra section in row "F". Not bad seats, they were pretty close to the stage, about one third of the way back, and they had a clear view of the stage.

When the lights dimmed and the orchestra started to play loudly, Aileen took hold of Colin's arm and squeezed it tightly. She whispered in his ear, "I'm so excited honey! Thank you so much for this!"

"It's my pleasure, you know I would do anything for you," Colin said.

"I know baby," Aileen said and kissed his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too."

The curtain raised and the musical started. Colin really wasn't into musicals but, of course, he was here for his mother, but as the show progressed, he found he was getting into it. It was a haunting love story and maybe because he was so in love with his mother it was having more of an effect on his feelings. Especially when the famous song from the show, Music of the Night, was being sung, the lyrics and melody got to him.

Colin felt connected to the story and music as he never thought he would. Since Christmas he felt like he was living his life in a song and these lyrics seemed to punctuate that; they touched him deep inside. He looked over at his mother's beautiful face and saw her emerald eyes sparkling; she was enthralled by the performance. Colin squeezed her hand and she looked over at him and smiled, he could tell the song was affecting her the same way it was him. He smiled back at her and then they returned their attention back to the musical.

The musical was in two acts and in between there was a fifteen minute intermission. Colin and Aileen took advantage of that intermission, like many were, to use the restrooms. When the met up again in the foyer Aileen gave her son a huge hug. "You have know idea how much I am enjoying this!" she said.

"I think I have an idea," Colin said enjoying the feeling of Aileen's luscious body pressed against him. In fact he was enjoying it too much as he felt it start to get tight in his trousers.

Aileen must have felt his arousal because she whispered in his ear, "When we get home I'm going to show you my appreciation for tonight in ways you couldn't even imagine." Then she licked his ear sending a jolt down Colin's body and directly into his cock. Now he was hard as stone.

"God woman! Are you trying to embarrass me?" Colin said quietly.

"No, I'm trying to frustrate you, just like you've been frustrating me all day with your surprises!" Aileen said with a coy smile.

"But didn't you enjoy my surprises?" Colin asked.

"I definitely did, just like you are going to enjoy what I have in store for you. But you still had me frustrated and now it's time for a little retribution." Aileen said.

When they had the curtain call for the second act Colin had Aileen walk directly in front of him on their way back to their seats. She thought it was hilarious, Colin was less amused.

"Poor baby," Aileen said when they were safely in their seats, "I promise I'll make this up to you."

"I'm looking forward to it," Colin said.

"Me too," Aileen said her voice filled with lust.

The lights dimmed, the orchestra struck up again, and the second act began.

* * *

When the musical was over Aileen seemed to be spellbound. As they exited the theater she couldn't stop talking about how wonderful and intense the show was.

"I have to admit, I enjoyed it more that I thought I would," Colin said, "but of course the company was the best part of the experience for me."

"The same goes for me," Aileen said, "I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much if I didn't have you sitting next to me.

Colin hailed a taxi and they headed back to the garage next to the 21 Club. Once they were back in their Civic and leaving Manhattan Aileen asked, "Colin? Are you going to be all right to drive home?"

"Hell no!" Colin said. "After the dinner, the wine, and the show I'm bone weary."

"I can drive half the way then," Aileen offered.

"No, you won't need to do that," Colin said. "I've reserved a room for us at the Paramus Best Western. That's only eight miles away." Aileen swatted Colin in the arm. "Hey! What was that for?"

"You skunk, another surprise?!!" Aileen said.

"I figured I might be too tired to drive home tonight so I reserved the room. I made sure to get one with a king size bed." Colin wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

"Ohhhh, so you just assumed I'd spend the night with you in a hotel did you?" Aileen said playfully.

"Why not? You spend every night with me at home. Besides, I seem to recall you mentioning something about showing me your appreciation for tonight," Colin said.

"I did say something along those lines didn't I?" Aileen said.

"Yep. You promised."

"Well I guess a promise is a promise," Aileen sighed dramatically. "Drive on!"

While they were driving Aileen had placed her hand in Colin's lap, she unzipped his pants and started rubbing his cock through his underwear. "Don't worry fella," she said as she continued to rub, "it's soon going to be your turn to have some fun tonight; we're all going to have a lot of fun together!"

NEXT CHAPTER: ETERNAL FLAME

Author's Note: "Music of the Night" from the musical "Phantom of the Opera" with lyrics by Charles Hart & Richard Stilgoe

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 55 milliseconds