• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • A Promise

A Promise

It was some time ago when I first met Elizabeth. I was working at an institute for the handicapped. It mainly catered to those who were blind, deaf, dumb, or mentally challenged. I was just seventeen when I first started working there and the job that was given to me was sweeping and moping the floors.

Most of the patients that resided there were children, with a few of them my age. With the job of cleaning the hallway floors, it was also my responsibility to clean the floors in the patients’ rooms. Of all the rooms in the facility, one room was off limits to me. The room’s door had two locks on it, one of them I would be able to use my key in, but the other lock, I didn’t have the key for. Only the doctors and nurses (therapists) had the key for it.

While doing my duties, I met a lot of the kids that resided there and became good friends with them. I learned how to accommodate each child while doing my duties.

Three of the children, well I really shouldn’t call them children, Mary was fourteen and had a learning disability, but was very likable and had some very smart qualities about her. James, which he hated being called by that name, was thirteen and deaf. I learned sign language just so I could communicate with him. William, who was fifteen, couldn’t speak, but was the joker of the three. One time he had gotten hold of some itching powder and managed to get some of it on some toilet paper, which happened to be located in one of the doctors private bathrooms. Matter of fact, it was the doctor who was in charge of Elizabeth.

As time went on, the four of us became close friends.

One day, as I was going about my duties, one of the nursing staff came running up to me.

“The patient in room 204 has escaped and we need all available personnel to help in the search”, she told me.

Being the loyal employee, I dropped what I was doing and went with the nurse to begin the search for the girl.

Outside of the building, all of us that didn’t have important jobs were gathered in the parking lot.

“Is everyone here?”, the person said who was briefing us, whom I recognized as the girl’s doctor. He was telling us that we needed to use extreme caution when we found her and to radio him so that he and his staff can come and retrieve her. But under no condition were we to touch her in anyway.

So with the search on, I was the lucky one to get the heavily wooded area of the nearby property. After searching for an hour, and several cuts from the thorn bushes, I came across a very thick brush patch. Cursing silently, I pushed myself through it and luck was on my side. The girl was in here.

The girl was beautiful. Her hair was the color of sunlight; just as blinding. Her hair was entangled with a few twigs in it. Her green eyes were so deep that you could lose yourself in them. But the thing I noticed, she had no pupils. But over all, she didn’t have any noticeable flaw, except for a couple of scratches from the thorns in the brush.

I came to my senses and reached down to my belt to retrieve the radio only to find that it was no longer there. Cursing again to myself, I wondered how I was going to get in contact with the doctor. She must have sensed why I was there. She jumped up and began to run out of the brush and headed deeper into the woods. My god, she’s fast, I mean really fast. I’d never seen anyone who could run that fast, much less anyone who was blind.

Taking off after her, I really wasn’t paying attention to how fast I was running; only the need to catch her before she got away. We were weaving in and out of the trees and with every twist and turn. I didn't even wonder how she was running with her blindness. But still I was gaining on her.

Just as I was within reaching distant, she tripped, falling to the ground. I shot over her, but I didn’t slow down as I made a tight turn and returned back to her. Instead of stopping or jumping on her, I swooped down, picking her up in my arms, and started back towards the facility. Now that I think of it, the speed that I was running at was just as incredible as hers. The trees seemed to pass me at a blur, it felt that I was warping through space.

As I see that we were getting to the edge of the woods, I heard a voice inside my head crying out to me. It was coming from the girl. I thought it was. She was begging me not to take her back. As our conversation progressed, I learned that her name was Elizabeth and that she didn’t know how she came to be, but the persons who were taking care of her were giving her things that made her mind burn with pain. The chemicals sharpened her mind more and more every time that they gave them to her.

I stopped dead in my tracks when she called me by my name. I hadn’t even told her what it was. She told me that she knew who I was when I first arrived at the facility. Shocked, I told her that she got my name correct. I asked her how come I could hear her in my mind as I lowered her to her feet. She said that we had touched and that I would be the only one who would be able to ‘mind link with her’.

She touched my face as I heard her say in my mind that she’s glad that it was I who touched her first. She had sensed that her doctor had nothing but bad intentions for her and an evil heart. I, on the other hand, had a good heart. Now I understood why the doctor told us that he wanted none of us to touch her.

Looking at her closely, she looked like she is about sixteen years old. ‘God,’ I think to myself, ‘She’s so beautiful’.

She smiled at me. In my mind, I heard her say to me, that she is glad that I found her very beautiful. I feel my cheeks as blood rushed to them, making me blush. I heard her laughing in my mind. Smiling, I kissed her forehead and she put her arms around my neck. My mind exploded as our lips touch, my mind expanded and I sensed the world around me. I found myself looking into the past, present, and the future. I saw the whole world as it is and as it was. My mind flowed from one end of the universe to the other. Its secrets… its powers… its magic became mine… became hers, became ours together to learn and use.

As our lips parted, I slowly opened my eyes. Looking around, I saw my surroundings in a different way. The leaves on the trees around us were vibrating with life. I looked up and the sky is filled with all kinds of colors, twisting and flowing around each other. I looked back at Elizabeth and I found her face glowing with life. She’s smiling warmly. I think to myself, ’What is happening to me?’, as my vision returned to normal.

‘I have given you the universe.’ Her mind told me.

I started to ask her what did she mean by that when she placed her finger on my lips and told me that in time, I would know.

I found myself not wanting to be apart from her. I decided that I had to get her away from that place where that nut could never harm her again. But there was just one problem, my car was in the facilities’ parking lot. Not wanting to offend Elizabeth, I didn’t curse. With no plan, I decided to take a chance and try to get to my car.

Holding her hand, I began to lead her out of the woods only to find us surrounded by Elizabeth’s doctor and his nurses. I felt myself being grabbed from behind, I felt a sharp pain in my right arm. I felt that I was falling into unconsciousness as I screamed out in my mind for Elizabeth to run. I didn’t hear her in my mind as darkness over took me.

When I came to, I found myself in a padded room, but I didn’t have the straight jacket on that usually is associated with it. Looking around, I found that my three friends are with me. James is furiously signing to me asking me “What is going on?” Mary, looking at me, asks, “Why are we in here?”

Looking at them, I tell them of the events that had happened and I tell William that I could read his mind now. Since effect of the drug that was given to me against my will was now completely worn off, I searched out with my mind for Elizabeth. I found her, very faintly, but I knew it was her.

Looking at my motley crew, I tell them that we need to get out of here, but in order to do so, they would have to listen to me and do exactly what I told them to. Mary, with one of her more intelligent moments, asked me how were we going to get out with the door locked from the outside. Smiling, I look at the door and with my mind, I reached out to the lock, and the lock pops open. Pushing on the door a little, they see that I had managed to unlock it. Placing a finger on my lips (which reminds me of Elizabeth’s touch) I tell them with my mind not to say anything out loud. I’ll be able to hear their thoughts.

Telling them to follow me quietly, we left our cell and proceeded down the hallway towards the room that holds my love. William tells me that the plan I had was crazy and that we needed to just get out of there. Looking at him sternly, I said to all of them that we were not leaving without her. Mary looked at me and said that she understood. She grinned as she motioned to the others that I had fallen in love with Elizabeth. James and William rolled their eyes.

We continued down the hallway towards Elizabeth’s room and at the hallway’s intersection, I peeked around the corner. I saw that there are two guards outside of her door. Moving away from the corner, I told the others what I had seen and that I needed a distraction to get those guards away from there. Good ole William, true to his prankster reputation, pulled out a bag of marbles and bolted out around the corner. He gestured to the guards, which namely he gave them the bird and darted down the hallway. With luck on our side, the guards fell for it. They followed William down the hallway, leaving Elizabeth’s door unguarded.

I ran to her door with James and Mary following behind me. When I’m standing in front of it, I reach out with my mind and called to my love. Elizabeth weakly answered me, telling me to hurry. She was fighting off drugs that the doctor had been giving her, but she was too weak to fight them for much longer.

Stepping back, I focused my mind on the door with everything that I had. Mary gasped as the door began to warp, but I refused to allow my concentration falter. My love’s life was at stake. I allowed my mind to flow within the door’s substance, seeking for the correct atom. When I found it, I sent a force out from me, smashing it as the door exploded into nothing.

Running inside of the room, I found that Elizabeth was restrained to the bed. I motion to the others to help me undo the straps. As the last one was undone, I again reach out to her with my mind as I looked for the foreign chemicals that flowed through her. Finding them, I forced them to vanish from her. As I do so, I knew that it would take some time for the effects to wear off. She was vulnerable. Telling the others, they help me to get her to her feet. I asked my love if she could walk. “Barely”, She said in my mind. Her thoughts were getting stronger with the drugs out of her body.

With my arm around her waist, I helped Elizabeth to the door. When we got into the hallway, we found that her doctor was standing there with a syringe in his hand. I reacted without thinking and fired a bolt of pain into the doctor’s mind as he let go of the syringe; clutching his head as he fell to the floor. I guided Elizabeth around the doctor’s shaking body. We made our way down to the building’s entrance. On our way there, I told William that we had Elizabeth and we would meet him at the entrance. I heard him laughing as he told me that we won’t have to worry about the guards. “They had an unwanted trip down the stairs and are now unconscious.” I saw that my love was smiling at the thought of the guards falling down the stairs. She could hear our conversation.

At the buildings entrance, we found that William was waiting for us. Once we were outside, Elizabeth’s face turns towards the sun’s warmth and told me that it felt good to be back in the warmth.

I heard the alarms going off inside of the building. We looked towards the heavily wooded forest as I took hold of Elizabeth’s hand. Elizabeth flashed a thought to me, telling me not to worry so much about her. She could see things through my eyes.

Once deep in the forest, Elizabeth and I stopped so that my friends could catch up. Elizabeth told me that I would have to do something about them. We would be caught for sure if they stay with us. Sadly, I agreed with her. I knew what I had to do to protect my loyal friends.

I turned away from my love and gathered my friends together. I told them that I needed them to join hands. Mary and James tried to hold my hands, but I shook my head as I told them that I couldn’t. With worried looks on their faces, I reassure them that I was going to protect them. I told them that they would soon fall into a deep sleep. When I wake them, they would never have to worry about any of the world’s dangers ever again.

With their hands clasped together, I used that part of my mind, that place where I am now familiar with, and placed them into a deep sleep. While their eyes were closing, the cells and atoms in their bodies began to change. When the transformation was complete, my friends had been changed into an unbreakable stone statue. There they would stay, holding hands in friendship until that time when no harm would come to them and the dangers of this world were nothing but a faint memory.

Returning to my love, her eyes that do not see, gazed at me as I heard her voice speaking to me inside my mind, “You did the right thing, my love.”

I glanced back at my friends once more and made them a promise to awaken them one day. As we turned away from the statue; we vanished within a blink of an eye.

Epilog

Time moved forward as good and evil continues its everlasting struggle. The facility for the handicapped is now long gone and forgotten. The world as it was known had changed. Medical advances had been made that changed man’s genetic structure forever. No longer were humans called “handicapped”. Everyone was born “normal”. No longer were there those who couldn’t hear, those who couldn’t speak. Blindness was nothing but a myth. Everyone is now born with a normal brain, and no one was born crippled. Everyone was “normal”.

Just outside of the area of the old ‘facility’, in the heavily wooded forest, there is a statue of three teenage children who are holding hands in friendship. Green vegetation has overgrown most of the statue. They wait in a deep sleep for that day, promised to them long ago, by their most trusted friend.

As for the two lovers, their lives had never diminished due to the love they have for each other. No longer are they bound to the laws of this universe or any other. They can never die for their minds and bodies had become as one which was prophesied thousands and thousands of years ago. As they travel to places where no human mind could possibly be able to imagine, they explore not just themselves, but the universe itself. They wait for the time in which they can return to the place where a promise was made long ago. To proclaim in a joyful voice…’The danger has passed my friends. Awaken to a new world…’

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • A Promise

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 454 milliseconds