A Royal Sacrifice Ch. 15

If John's voice had been loud enough to warn the mage, the cheer that erupted from the guards could likely be heard from Drest's very homeland. Cedric, with lava for blood, was surprised to discover his voice joined those of the guards as all surged towards the mill.

The party slowed as they passed the apple orchard. John's prediction seemed accurate. There was certainly someone in residence. Equally obvious was that all of the legends of the horrifying mill were false. And none but the wizard could create that bespelled region that forced doubt upon Cedric.

Unfortunately, it was equally obvious that the man wasn't there. Frustrated by another qualified prediction, he kicked the door in. The guards who filed in after, Cedric, and even John and Lord Dorr ~who had apparently hung toward the back of the group through the entire flight~ stood in awe of the variety of tools that covered the room. Potions, ingredients, scrolls, books, and many less identifiable artifacts covered virtually every surface, save the bed.

Once more the molten wrath exploded within Cedric. His sword whipped clear of its sheath and flashed through the space. Glass vials shattered. Wood splintered. Potions began to congeal on the floor as more and more of these evil tools were broken. John ushered everyone else out, but let Cedric vent his frustration and hate. Books shredded and flew from smashed shelves.

One leapt towards a strange box attached to the stripped down inner workings of the mill wheel. The box had two copper dowels in the shape of a "V" and seemed to harness lightning itself. Torn pages floated within the arc and smoldered. When the embers at the corners of the paper hit the caustic sludge that now coated the floor, the fire caught easily.

John's arms wrapped around the smaller man's shoulders and Cedric was ripped from the heart of the instant inferno. Cedric struggled to race back in, as madness consumed him. Within that fire lay release. With that hell as a portal, he could finally join Rebecca in peace, for he knew she resided in heaven. She was innocent! Manipulated and used by magic, her will not her own.

Once safely off the porch, Lord Dorr surged forward with a token assistance to the large knight. Cedric, despite his desires, would not be allowed to die today.

Slowly, John's calm voice whispered subtly into Cedric's consciousness. "You have hurt him this eve, but he is not yet beaten. I cannot defeat him without you." Slowly, the madness receded, once more to be replaced by the banked inferno of rage.

Copyright September 2007, by Deathlynx

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 34 milliseconds