• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Chain Stories
  • /
  • A Royal Sacrifice Ch. 19

A Royal Sacrifice Ch. 19

12

Author's Note: If you are discovering this from the New list, then please be aware that this is a replacement chapter in the chain story "A Royal Sacrifice", filling a hole left when one of the authors in the chain left Lit and took down all her stories. With this chapter, all the missing chapters have been replaced, and the story is once again complete.

Naturally, you'll want to start at the beginning of the story with Chapter 1, and the easiest way to do that is to go to the Chain Story category, then select the letter "A". The stories should be listed there in sequence. If you need any assistance finding the chapters, feel free to contact me and I'll get you an easy list.

Copyright © Darkniciad. If found anywhere except Literotica.com with this note attached, the story is posted without my permission and is likely incomplete and improperly formatted. Please visit Literotica.com and search for Darkniciad to find the authorized version.

****

Cedric regained consciousness yet again.

At first, he lacked the strength to raise his head from his chest, but forced his eyes open with grim determination. What met his eyes was the same sight that had greeted him so many times before, the hazy outline of his own body against the black of the walls and floor.

He remembered the chill of his first few awakenings, but now he knew only pain. The dim illumination prevented him from seeing his wounds with any clarity, but each one burned to remind him of its location. The wizard's magic removed the mortal danger of the wounds he inflicted, but did little to remove the pain.

With effort borne mostly of anger, Cedric raised his head to observe his surroundings. The action caused additional shots of pain through his shoulders, but he clenched his teeth and stared defiantly into the gloom. This time, he did not see the form of the wizard, black on black against the basalt walls. Only the dripping of water in the distance met his ears, instead of the mocking laughter of Bagdemagus.

Cedric silently cursed himself for allowing his anger to overcome his sense of duty. His decision to charge forth and seek the wizard virtually alone had cost the kingdom one of its greatest soldiers, and one of its two knights. He knew that the blow to hope far outweighed the loss of mere men. As a knight, he represented an ideal as much as a warrior.

His actions had fallen far short of that ideal.

Shackled to the cold stone wall with his arms and legs splayed wide, he had virtually no leverage. He also had little strength from the combination of his wounds, lack of food, and water.

Nevertheless, Cedric tugged at his bonds. The shackles bit into his flesh, but the pain was little more than a fraction of his total agony.

A slight shower of dust from the anchor binding his right wrist to the wall spurred a surge of hope, but his strength then failed. For a time, he hung limp, allowing his anger and determination to build once more. Before he could bunch his muscles to try again, he heard the sound of boots on stone and knew that the wizard had returned once more.

Cedric steeled his will one more time to defy Bagdemagus' attempts to break him.

****

Guy lay upon the feather-stuffed bed in the room set aside for him in the Gifford home, attempting to discern where to position himself for maximum advantage as he awaited the appointed time when he was to meet with the wizard.

The discovery and burning of the wizard's lair had prompted him to consider throwing in with those arrayed against Bagdemagus. The wizard's greatest power was his mysterious reputation, and the blow struck in that burning could have very well torn away the veil to reveal the man within.

The subsequent capture of Cedric and the death of Falhurst had immediately forced Guy to reconsider that potential course of action, however.

Fortunately, his connections among the nobility had provided ample fodder to satisfy his former benefactors here and on the Lempe estate. While neither man had managed to gain the upper hand over the other, both were now gaining in wealth and influence thanks to Guy's efforts.

Those boons would serve to keep the men distracted for some time to come, and allowed Guy the time necessary to deal with the far more dangerous game of wizards and Queens.

The sudden recovery of the two family patriarchs had proven beneficial for them, but certainly inconvenient for Guy. To maintain his illusions within the castle, circumstances had forced him to give up dalliance with the serving women for the most part. The recovery of Simon and Walter had likewise prevented him from bedding the men's wives. His stop here to provide Simon with opium had proven fruitless, as the man no longer required it. That prevented him from seeking comfort in Rachel's embrace, and she in turn kept him from dallying with Isabel.

Having always found his greatest insight into the games he played after a heated coupling, the situation further rankled Guy and clouded his thinking. The necessary wait grated on Guy's nerves, as he planned to indulge with the first willing wench upon his return to the castle. He needed the clarity of release — propriety be damned.

The sound of the door opening and a flash of movement in his peripheral vision caused Guy to sit up and reach for his sword. The instinctive reaction was yet another reminder that he needed a rut to settle his mind. Fortunately, the source of the opening door appeared to provide that.

Isabel tugged down the bodice of her servant's gown as she approached, freeing her over-ample breasts. "The Lord and Lady entertain in the gardens, and I burn for your touch."

"I must soon return to the castle, I fear," Guy said as he stood.

"Then take me now," Isabel begged in a hot rush of need.

His manhood swelling and a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth, Guy responded, "I ache for you as well, my Isabel."

The buxom brunette all but tore away her clothing and his, and soon moved atop him on the bed.

Guy sighed as her lips wrapped around his cock, taking him deep. Unlike many women, Isabel found this arousing, and performed the act with great skill. Her heavy breasts rested upon his legs as her head bobbed over his organ and she ground her damp sex against him.

Knowing that there would be no time for him to recover if he spent his passion in her mouth, Guy reluctantly pulled her lips from his shaft. She let out a little moan of protest and flicked her tongue over the tip, but gasped in anticipation when his strong arms pulled her toward him.

As she parted her legs over his hips, Guy reached down to wriggle his cock through the thick, dark curls into the moist recesses beyond. Isabel sank down onto his erection with a groan and wasted no time in rocking her hips to stroke him inside her.

Guy grasped her waist and pushed her down onto his cock, her pendulous breasts bouncing off his face with every rock of her hips. He knew the effect that the position had on the woman, which stimulated the center of her pleasure with heated friction. The sound of her gasps, and the almost pained look of ecstasy he saw on her face when her breasts weren't in the way, told him that she would soon reach her peak.

When she slammed her hips back a final time to tremble and gasp in orgasm, he moved his hands to her hips and held them tight. Bouncing his hips upward, he thrust his cock into her tightly clenched depths. Her eyes popped wide open and she emitted an almost feral growl as he pushed her beyond her peak into another realm of pleasure.

Guy only relented when she coughed and nearly lost her breath, slowly raising and lowering his hips to feel her clinging, saturated canal caress his cock as she settled down from her climax. When she regained her breath and again began to rock her hips over his organ, Guy wrapped his arms around her waist and bent one knee to roll them both over.

He settled atop her with his cock still buried inside her, and she immediately parted her legs wider. Now near his own peak, Guy dug his fingers into her thighs and pumped his hips in a merciless assault. Though he usually pulled free before spilling his seed, he had no intention of doing so this time.

Isabel obviously sensed his intentions and let out a gasp of pleased anticipation. She had asked him to fill her before, but he had always erred on the side of caution. The thought quickly spurred her toward another climax as he slammed his stiff cock into her depths.

She came again only a few dozen thrusts later, just as Guy reached his point of no return. He jammed his manhood into her a final time and spewed his semen against the entrance of her womb with a loud growl. The feeling of his seed swelling within her prompted Isabel to let out a long moan which was quickly followed by a stifled squeal as another spike of orgasmic energy shot through her body.

Shortly thereafter, Guy could no longer endure the rhythmic clenching of her walls around his softening organ, and looked down as he pulled free of her. He deeply enjoyed the sight of his cream leaking from a woman's sex, and had no intention of missing the sight — even though he knew that the wizard's magic would prevent his seed from taking root.

Unfortunately, something else caught his eye that caused him to forget all about his pleasure. Somehow, he managed to maintain his composure and utter all the appropriate pleasantries until Isabel left his room.

Guy quickly pulled on his clothing in preparation to leave, the image of the wizard's mark on Isabel's thigh burned into his mind.

Now fully understanding the recovery of the family patriarchs, Guy found himself in an even more difficult position. Nearly every instinct screamed at him that this game was far too dangerous — no matter how invigorating. The very same discovery that prompted his thoughts of flight reminded him that such might not even be possible. He had no idea how far the wizard's reach extended.

The curse that the wizard had placed upon him weighed on Guy's mind as well. While he could not be sure that the wizard had even spoken the truth, he had little doubt now that such was possible. He had no desire to sire children as a legacy, but the loss of the ability to do so still grated upon his nerves.

Only one thing was sure now. His entertainment and escape here was at an end.

Ignoring the glances and greetings of those he passed, he made his way to the stables. He had a decision to make, and there were no answers here.

****

The doors of the audience chamber closed, sealing those within away from the world. Guardsmen stood before the doors and at the ends of the hall, keeping all the servants, minor functionaries, and random passers-by away.

At least those who walked the world as mortals do.

Evelyn could see that John was uncharacteristically nervous as he stood off to the side while others took their seats. Of course, she knew he had every reason to be.

Benedict's eyes were as hard as flint, his jaw twitching on occasion. Drest shifted from foot to foot, standing behind a chair. The air was thick with tension.

"Thank you all for coming," Evelyn finally said when she decided that the room was as settled as it would ever be.

"Surely you don't intend to accept the black one's offer," Drest asked almost before her voice faded.

"That is what we are here to discuss," she answered. "It is not my fate, but the fate of Vix that brings us here."

"They are one and the same," Drest countered. His voice quavered — barely detectable — but his eyes spoke volumes. In a decision between her and the kingdom, he had already cast his lot.

Evelyn's heart fluttered, seeing the pain in his eyes. Despite their titles and the trials Bagdemagus had heaped upon them, they were but human — with human emotions that couldn't be denied or ignored.

Before the Queen could answer, Benedict's visage grew even harder, and he snapped, "Of course they are, but this foolish girl refuses to accept reality in favor of flights of fancy."

Drest's knuckles turned white from gripping the back of his chair as he slowly turned toward Benedict, his lip curling up to reveal clenched teeth.

Though her own face flushed with anger, the Queen tried to keep the peace and move forward. "I will explain, if you will but give me time, Lord Chancellor."

"I will not." He pounded his fist on the table. "We have had enough of your whims. The wizard would lie dead now, were it not for your word staying our warrior's hands."

"Lord Chancellor, that is enough," Evelyn said, her voice rising.

"Your Queen would like to speak," Drest growled.

"Perhaps she would like to recite us some vapid bit of peasant poetry first, just to set the mood."

Evelyn had endured enough. This role had been thrust upon her against her will, but she would be Queen, and none would question her. She snapped her gaze to John. "Sir Knight, if you would be so kind, escort Benedict to the dungeons until such time as he rediscovers his lost manners and memory of who is the rightful ruler of this land."

A ripple passed through the room as eyes widened and people gasped. Worried at first, Evie immediately found comfort in the hints of a smile on John's lips, and the open grin that spread across Drest's face.

So stunned and angry that he couldn't even speak, the Chancellor sputtered in his seat, looking from face to face in search of support that didn't arise.

"As you command, Your Majesty," John answered, and crossed the room to where Benedict sat.

"This is preposterous," the Chancellor finally spat out as the knight laid a hand on his shoulder.

Evelyn smoothed out her gown, purposely looking away as she said, "You will either accept my knight's escort, or he will drag you into your stinking dungeon. I care not which, Benedict. Time slips away, and we have no time for your outbursts."

"Lord Chancellor, if you please," John said with just a hint of warning in his voice.

Benedict trembled as he stood — the gravity of Evelyn's command finally sinking in. He walked at the knight's side without a word and left the chamber.

As the dull boom of the door closing echoed through the room, the Queen again addressed those assembled. "As I said, time slips away, and all our fates hang in the balance."

****

Guy rode into the stables of the castle with only minimal fuss from the guards. Having decided that he must stay the course with the wizard, learning of the daring of Bagdemagus in confronting the Queen and all her court in the castle proved his choice wise. The wizard was powerful, and surely, he was on the winning side.

Now, he had to find a way to continue to make himself useful. Guy knew all too well the fate of pawns who had served their purpose.

Once within the castle, he thanked the fates that there was no need at the moment to see the Queen or her inner circle, who would surely still be on edge. The servants were abuzz with the events of the day, allowing him to piece together a reasonable picture while discarding rumors and exaggerations. Learning that the Queen had imprisoned the Chancellor gave him pause. It was either a master stroke that would solidify her power, or a foolish mistake that would hasten her downfall. Only time would tell.

Either way, Guy knew he had to change his evaluation of the Queen. The woman had a far stronger spine than he had previously given her credit for.

With the possibilities of the servants and toadies now exhausted, he turned his attention to those of power, holed up within the audience chamber. He had devised a reason for his absence prior to leaving the castle to consider his future. Now, he needed to find a way to join in that meeting.

Or better, to hear what was going on without being noticed.

****

With the Chancellor now enjoying the pleasure of his own dank dungeon, John made his way back to the audience chamber to protect Evelyn. Word of Benedict's imprisonment had already swept through the servants like wildfire, and everyone he passed either slipped into silence as he approached or asked if the rumor was true.

Glad to see Evie stand up to the insufferable man, he still wondered if it was the wisest course of action. Of those he had spoken to, about half appeared to believe the Queen's order was the whim of a foolish girl, though they didn't say as much.

His dark ruminations took a turn for the worse upon rounding a corner to see Lord Guy. The man had been noticeably absent during the wizard's intrusion in the castle, which to John, was yet another reason not to trust him. Seeing the man standing so close to the exit of a secret passage sent a warning chill up his spine.

At first, he thought to slip back around the corner in an attempt to find out what Guy was up to, but he could see the man react, and knew that he had already been spotted. Guy gave him a nod, wearing a half grin, and turned down the hall toward the stairs.

John sought the stairs as well, the return of Guy and the danger he believed that represented to Evelyn causing him to take long, quick strides.

****

Benedict certainly regretted his decision to only halfheartedly obey the Queen's order to clean up the dungeons now.

In the reeking darkness lit only by smoking torches, he sat atop the straw-stuffed mattress, trying to forget that it was likely infested with fleas and lice, and reeked from the sweat of an unknown number of terrified prisoners. At the end of the dimly-lit corridor, he could hear the dungeon guards whispering. There was little doubt in his mind that he was the subject of those murmured, indiscernible words.

He had never expected the Queen to oppose him so openly — or dramatically — and that left him at a loss as to what her next move might be. Evelyn had become unpredictable.

If there was one thing Benedict couldn't stand, it was the unpredictable.

The screech and groan of the door opening set his teeth on edge. Wrapped up in his own thoughts, he hadn't even heard anyone approaching. Despite the low light in the hall, he had spent enough time in the cell that his eyes required a second to adjust to the increased illumination. When he could see clearly, he recognized Muriel standing with one of the guards behind her.

Benedict stood, dusting his fine pants despite knowing he would burn the garments as soon as he escaped this place, and said, "So, she has come to her senses."

"It would seem so."

He knew immediately from her tone that her answer and his question were completely unrelated.

"What would you have done if anyone spoke to the Queen the way you did?"

Benedict prickled, despite the disconcerting sting of her adopting a tone of rebuke with him. "My place is different than that of others. It is my duty to speak my mind openly and advise without mincing words."

"Is it your duty to be insulting, and to belittle her for being a woman?"

Again stung by her tone, he was at a loss for words, and could only stare.

"I thought you'd changed — at least a little." She sighed.

"Muriel..."

"Think about it. Your duty is to Vix, and to the throne."

"My lady," the soldier behind her said, and then nodded toward the guard station at the end of the hall when she turned to look at him.

"Think about it, Benedict," Muriel finished, and for a moment, her expression drooped into one of profound sadness before hardening into the passive guise she had previously worn.

The door boomed shut, and darkness returned.

****

Guy was nowhere in sight when John arrived at the audience hall once more. Most likely, he'd either been turned away by the guards, or chose not to face that possibility. Drest, however, stood at the opposite end of the hallway, wearing a worried expression.

John wasn't sure how to take that. On the one hand, he believed that the noble had genuine feelings for Evie. If he was worried, John had reason to be worried. On the other, these were political games, and Drest had been playing them since he was old enough to speak.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Chain Stories
  • /
  • A Royal Sacrifice Ch. 19

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 179 milliseconds