A Shepherd Afield Pt. 05

Ben glared at the interrupting device. He gently laid Tina down on the mattress as Lucy picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

Ben watched Lucy's smile slip away into a look of shame. "I'm so sorry! We'll be right there."

"What happened? Who was that?" Ben asked in concern.

"Daphne. We forgot to pick up Christopher!" Lucy said with a guilty expression.

"Oh! I am a bad mother!" Tina wailed.

"No you're not! We just got carried away and lost track of the time. I'll go get him. We'll have to postpone our 'nap' until later," Ben said as Tina looked up at him from the bed, her silky hair fanning out behind her. He paused to drink in that image and her pout turned into a smile as she saw his hungry look.

A thrill ran through her seeing how much Ben wanted her. She still felt guilty but it was eased by Ben's words... and his need for her.

He suddenly dipped down over her and kissed her. She felt herself being carried away on a wave of his passion and she sighed happily when he pulled back looking at her lips. Ben pulled Lucy into his arms and kissed her deeply as he slowly lowered her to the bed next to Tina.

When he released her lips she gasped and strained to keep his mouth on hers. Ben growled deep in his chest as he looked down on the two women making them tremble with delight. Then he spun and stalked out of the room. He got to the front door and pulled on his jacket and boots. He stepped outside and locked the door before running down his driveway and along the sidewalk towards Daphne's.

As he ran he glanced over at Gabriella's place and could see the lights were on in Daniel's and Miriam's rooms. Finishing up their homework probably. He had to call Daniel to ask about the game console.

He reached Daphne's and went inside. The woman came out with Christopher on her hip and a frown on her face.

"Sorry about that! It's been such a crazy day!" Ben said as he helped the boy get his coat and boots on.

"Yes, I heard Lucy is pregnant too. And you have a new house guest?" Daphne asked raising one eyebrow.

"Yes, I seem to collect them." Ben paused as he saw the unhappy expression flit across the woman's face. "Is... is something wrong?"

"No! No, it's fine."

"Daphne, this is your silent partner here. You can talk to me. Tell me what's wrong."

She looked at him with a pout and her bottom lip began to tremble. "I'm lonely."

"Oh! I-"

"No Ben, not for you. That would be too awkward for me. I just... I'm with the kids all day and I love that! I also love working with my daughters. They are a joy these days so keep up what you are doing but please don't tell me what it is. I need to go on a date but I never have the opportunity to meet anyone!"

Christopher was getting restless and Ben needed both hands to hold onto the wriggling boy. His phone took that moment to start ringing in his back pocket. He turned his butt to Daphne. "Could you get that?"

She frowned and pulled the phone out and showed him the screen. He saw it was Walter... his friend Walter who lost his wife two years ago and needed to move on. Ben smiled. "Could you answer that for me? It's important."

She gave him an annoyed look but he just moved Christopher in his arms and pretended to eat the boy's ear making him giggle.

"Hello, Ben's line."

"Oh, uh, this is Walter Greyson, his lawyer. Could I speak with him?" Walter said.

"His arms are full of wriggling and giggling child at the moment. I think you'll need to call him back." Daphne said and Ben shook his head. "Hang on."

"Ask him what he needs," Ben whispered.

Daphne looked at him with exasperation. "Oh for Pete's sake Ben, give me the boy and take the phone!"

Ben jumped back and hoisted Christopher up in the air where she couldn't reach him. The boy's shriek of joy forced a smile onto Daphne's face. She put the phone back to her ear. "I'm sorry but Ben is the proverbial boy who never grew up! He's such an imp! He's asked me to ask you what you need."

Walter laughed and Daphne smiled hearing his burst of happiness. "Ok, if Ben trusts you then that's good enough for me. You can let him know I got a very angry call from a Colonel Hargrave who made a number of vague threats. Then I received a call from a man named Kendricks who assured me no action would be taken on the aforementioned threats. He said he will contact us in a week or so."

Daphne delivered the message and Ben smiled at her. "Tell Walter thanks very much and yes I will go out for coffee with you." She looked at Ben with a puzzled expression but he just pretended to poke her with Christopher who was giggling happily. She rolled her eyes. "Ben says thank you very much..." she looked back at Ben in exasperation but he was nodding at her to continue. "...and yes I will go out for coffee with you."

Daphne's eyes shot wide as she realized what Ben had just made her say to a complete stranger. Her face went beet red and she started to build up a head of steam.

"Could- could I get your name first, maybe?" Walter said haltingly, shocked by her boldness.

She froze and looked at Ben in a panic. He rolled his hand to indicate she should keep talking.

"Daphne... Daphne McKellan."

"I'm Walter, oh I already said that."

"Would you like to go out for a coffee?" Daphne asked, staring at Ben in shock at her own nerve.

"Yes... I think that would be nice," Walter said and she could hear his smile. "Are- are you busy tonight?"

"No, I was just closing up the daycare since my last parent was so late!" Daphne said, giving Ben a stern look.

Walter laughed again and she realized she liked hearing him do that. She wanted to hear it some more. "There is a charming little coffee shop not far from here. They have delicious baked goods too!"

"Sold! Tell me the address and I'll be there in thirty minutes." Walter chuckled.

She told him the details and they said their goodbyes.

"OH MY GOD! I said I'd be there in thirty minutes! What was I thinking?!?" Daphne gasped.

Ben had Christopher on his hip and he plucked the phone from Daphne's fingers. "You look gorgeous! You'll like Walter. He's very smart, well read, likes movies and he's a really nice man. Put on your black and grey knit sweater and some black leggings. Very chic! Showing up with baby spittle on your shoulder probably isn't the look you should go with on a first date," Ben teased.

"OH MY GOD! I'm going on a date!" Daphne gasped.

"Not if you don't get moving! Have fun tonight!" Ben said and headed out. He felt really good about introducing Daphne to Walter. He hoped it worked out.

He got inside and Tina was there waiting.

"MAMA!" Christopher squealed and Tina threw her arms wide as the boy raced into them. She kissed his face as he gave her a kiss and began telling her about his day. He led her into the living room talking a mile a minute as Tina listened with a big smile on her face.

Ben felt fingers slip between his and he was being gently guided down the hall to the bedroom by Lucy.

When the door closed Lucy looked up at Ben. "Tina needed a little bonding time alone with her son. She told me to have some one on one time with you. If you're still interested."

Ben smiled and ran his finger along her jawline. Her eyes closed slightly as she enjoyed his touch.

"I can't get over how blessed I am," Ben said, looking at her in awe.

"My life is feeling incredibly blessed right now as well," she sighed as she stepped closer to wrap her arms around him.

Ben hugged her to his chest and kissed the top of her head.

"I feel so safe in your arms," she mumbled into his chest.

"Could we just snuggle in bed?" he asked and she looked up at him happily and nodded.

They took their clothes off and slipped under the covers. Ben rested on his back with Lucy leaning up against his chest. She kissed his nipple and giggled when he gave her a hot look.

They relaxed for a while, just enjoying the feel of each other's bodies and content to be together.

"I'm trying to recall the night we made love and you became pregnant," Ben said softly as he looked into her loving eyes.

"I thought about that too and I think I figured it out. It had to be the night after you beat up that thug at the mall who was harassing Miriam's friend's mother. The sex that night was so incredibly hot!" she sighed.

He thought back and remembered that was after a period where he couldn't reach an orgasm. He must have somehow increased his count? He wasn't sure but it was a miracle that this beautiful lady in his arms was having his baby. The love he felt for her swelled up in his heart and he had to kiss her. He lifted her up his body until his mouth could reach hers. His lips stroked across hers and she moaned softly. His kiss went from sensual to passionate as her soft mouth flamed his need for her.

She reached down and stroked his thickening cock until it felt like iron.

He pulled back from the kiss and she looked at him desperately.

"Ben, please, I need-"

She wasn't able to finish her statement as he rolled her over on her back and pinned her to the bed with his body. He stroked his cock up and down across her pussy.

"Ohhhhh fuck! Ben! Fuck me!" she pleaded.

He slid himself down and felt her hand slip between them to line him up with her pussy. He pressed forward and felt himself spreading her open.

"OOOH! FUCK! YES!" Lucy gasped loudly and clung to him. He kissed her again and thrust into her body burying his cock deep within her.

He rocked side to side as she yelped and moaned from the intense sensations. He pulled back then pounded her pelvis with his, driving himself deep again and again.

"AAAHHHHH! OH GOD! I'm getting CLOSE!"

He needed to accelerate his own orgasm so his hips began to move on their own in fast sharp strokes ending with a slap against Lucy's clit.

"AAHHH! AAAHHH!! AAAAHHHHHH!!" Lucy wailed as slapping sounds filled the room. She was lost to the crashing waves of pleasure and Ben erupted inside her. He ground himself against her and she shook silently through her release.

When they caught their breath Ben rolled off and she gasped from his withdrawal.

They lay side by side letting their heart rates return to normal.

"I like the way you snuggle Ben," she said with a wide smile. He grinned self-consciously.

Once they'd come down from their peaks, they got up to freshen up, brush their teeth and Tina joined them. She smiled impishly at them.

"Christopher is good?" Ben asked.

"He plays so hard at the daycare! He fell asleep eating dinner. So I put him to bed. I am tired too," she said with a yawn which Lucy picked up.

Ben smiled at the ladies. "I'll stay up to let Gretchen back in. I want to work on some renovation ideas for the house."

"Good night Ben!"

He kissed them then slipped on a sweater and some track pants. He let himself out of the bedroom and went to do a little work in the living room.

He quickly lost himself in the task.

Ben was sitting in his chair working out a new floor plan for extending his house out over the foundation of his basement workshop. When he'd built the large room he'd excavated the back yard to extend the building eastward an additional twenty-eight feet. The foundation had been poured and to eliminate the need for support posts he'd welded in ten cross connected I-beams spanning the width of the room like ribs to support the poured concrete ceiling. The building permit office told him he didn't need so many but Ben felt more comfortable with over engineering for maximum strength and durability. Then he'd covered the entire extension with a waterproof membrane to direct water to the weeping tile and buried it under the back yard once more.

He was designing the extension for the ground floor that would be built out over his office. The current design had the master bedroom occupying the space at the far end with a new walk-in closet and master ensuite. He was going to have to upgrade the water heater, furnace, and air conditioning.

He heard the thump of a car door closing and laughter outside. He looked out the window and saw the ladies collecting their bags from the trunk of a taxi. Then the laughter approached his front door. He got up and opened the front door to see three happy ladies carrying a large number of shopping bags. He ushered them inside.

"So I see you were successful!" Ben said with a smile.

"Yes! Gretchen is very easy to find clothes for as everything looks amazing on her!" Lori gushed.

The woman in question was absolutely glowing with happiness. She was also exhausted. She tried to hide a massive yawn but this just caused the twins to yawn as well and giggling ensued.

"Shopping wore you out?" Ben said with a grin.

"Power shopping, Ben! Totally different level of effort!" Lisa scolded him playfully.

"Ah! Well, I'll let you recharge as you'll need that energy for tomorrow night." Ben said with a coy smile.

The twins grinned widely and squeezed themselves against his chest to get good night kisses. Ben's head was spinning when they finally stepped back and sorted through the bags to ensure they had their own. Lisa and Lori had picked up a few items for themselves as well.

"Good night Ben! Good night Gretchen! We had so much fun tonight! Thanks!"

Once the twins were on their way home Ben locked up and turned to see Gretchen leaning up against the wall with a blissful smile on her face. "So you had fun?"

"Yes, Ben! I love Lisa and Lori! They are so much fun and such good shoppers!" she gushed then yawned widely once more.

"Did you eat dinner?" he asked.

"We grabbed something light with a drink then we hit the shops. So many clothing stores!" She yawned again.

"Come on sleepy head! Let's put you to bed!" He picked up the bulk of her shopping bags and led her down the hall to her room. He put all the bags on the floor at the end of the bed and turned to see her flopped down across it. He smiled and turned her on the bed until her head was on the pillow. Then he threw the blanket over her and she was out. He kissed her cheek and she smiled in her sleep. He moved the bags she'd dropped beside the bed to the end with the others then shut off the light as he slipped out of the room, closing her door.

Ben went back to his laptop, saved his floor plan, and shut the machine down to pack it away.

He went to his bedroom and heard the gentle breathing of Tina and Lucy. He got undressed and slipped under the covers between his two lovers.

His two pregnant lovers.

That thought kept him awake for a while.

Chapter 40

Ben got a good workout in first thing and Tina made a wonderful breakfast with Lucy's help. The latter was feeling a little shaky but now they knew what it was and she knew she would feel better later.

Gretchen was struggling with her jet lag and Ben sent her back to bed with a kiss and a pat on the bum which earned him a smile and a hot look over her shoulder.

After breakfast Ben tidied up and Lucy got prepared for school. Ben gave her a kiss and followed her outside with Christopher in his arms. He waved to Madison and Savannah who were waiting by the open van and met Ashley halfway to the daycare as she rushed back to her house. She stopped to get a hug and a quick kiss.

"My goodness! Look at that mop of hair!" she exclaimed with a coy smile.

Ben chuckled. "Yes, I've been meaning to get that looked after."

Karen and Penny rushed up and Ben gave them hugs too. Blushing furiously, Ashley mouthed 'Call me' as she hustled off after the girls. Ben nodded and she treated him to a dazzling smile before she turned away.

He made his way into the daycare and slipped Christopher's coat and boots off. Lisa took them from Ben and the boy raced into the back room. They heard a squeak then Daphne came rushing out to the front. She pulled Ben into a tight hug.

When she finally let go Ben smiled at her. "So you had fun last night?"

Daphne's smile said it all and Lisa looked at her suspiciously.

"What were you up to last night?" she asked her mother.

"I... was on a date!" Daphne said with great satisfaction and Lisa's eyebrows went up.

"A date? With a man?" Lisa gasped.

"No, with an iguana. Yes, a man!" Daphne exclaimed, scowling at her daughter who had the good grace to look embarrassed for her question. The excited mother looked at Ben. "Walter is such a lovely man! We talked for hours and it felt so good to talk with an adult about adult things!"

"That's wonderful!" Ben said with a grin.

"He's taking me out to dinner tonight! Oh! What will I wear?!?" Daphne gasped.

"Consult with your fashion experts!" Ben said nodding towards Lisa.

"Thank you so much Ben!" Daphne gushed.

"Hey, I just let you answer my phone. You made the rest happen on your own. Enjoy!" he said.

Daphne smiled and went back into the playroom. Lori came out to stand next to her sister.

"Any ideas where you'd like to go tonight?" he asked.

"Could we go back to Asylum? Karen and Penny want to join us with their boyfriends this time," Lisa asked.

"Sure! Are we having dinner first?"

Lori pressed herself against Ben's chest and looked up at him. "Could we go to that Thai-Asian fusion place, Golden Sun once more?"

"Of course," he smiled and she popped up on her toes to kiss him quickly. She stepped back and Lisa gave him one too. "What time do I pick you up?"

"Eight," Lisa said.

"See you then!"

Ben left the daycare and looked down the street. He saw Dominic's guys parked in front of 11 Ashburn Court and wondered how the bedroom reno was coming along. He walked over to the house and met Hector.

"Ben! How you doing?"

"Good! How's it going with you?"

"Really good! We're almost finished with this place. The trim is going in today. You have to see the backsplash we added to the kitchen! It was Jayden's idea and the ladies loved it!"

Ben smiled and followed him inside. He took his boots off and they made their way to the kitchen first.

"Is that slate tile?" Ben said checking out the floor.

Hector smiled and nodded.

"Very nice," Ben said then noticed the slate inlays in the backsplash. "Oh that's really nice!"

"I know, right? Very classy and like I said it really impressed the clients," Hector said with a grin.

"It was a tricky pain in the ass to do!" Jayden said as he walked in the kitchen behind them.

Ben grinned with a nod and shook his hand. "Yeah I can imagine but it looks spectacular! Nicely done!"

Real pride shone in Jayden's eyes as he surveyed his work. "I had no idea how satisfying it would feel to customize a kitchen. Dominic told me he's going to let me do some more. Build my skills and maybe build a rep for the work. We took a bunch of pictures of this one and he's setting up a portfolio for me."

Ben smiled at Jayden. "It's gorgeous!"

"Thanks! Hey! I heard we're going to Asylum tonight!" Jayden said excitedly.

"Yeah, it's a pretty amazing club!" Ben agreed.

"Shit! My lady wants me to take her there but we couldn't get in last time. It's always so busy!" Hector complained.

"Why don't you join us? One of the only good things that comes out of my damn fame is the ability to jump a queue," Ben grumbled.

"Really?" Hector asked with wide eyes.

"Of course," Ben said.

"Take a cab and meet us there at..." he looked at Jayden.

"10PM. I'll text you," Jayden said.

"That's awesome! I'll earn some major points with my lady for this!" Hector grinned.

"That's what it's all about," Ben said with a serious expression which became a grin when the men nodded thoughtfully. "I'd like to see the work on the mother-in-law suite."

The room was just down a short hall off the kitchen and Ben grinned widely when he saw the lovely new closet which had replaced the built-ins. The organizer made the space so much more efficient and useful. "Brilliant! What did Rita think of the room?"

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 280 milliseconds