• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Incest/Taboo
  • /
  • A State of Grace Pt. 02

A State of Grace Pt. 02

12

Here's Part Two! Enjoy! - CM

*

"Oh my God," Kevin said.

I scrambled down the ladder, heedless of my own safety. All I knew was I needed to get to Kevin's side as fast as possible! Crystal followed more sedately. Reaching the bottom of the ladder, I found myself in a pitch black space. The only light was the bright cone of illumination from Kevin's flashlight.

"Hang tight for a second, you two," Kevin said. "I think I found the light switch."

A moment later, the overhead lights came on. We found ourselves in a medium-sized room. This was all -- except for one wall -- clearly an original part of the house's basement. The support columns whose absence Kevin had noted were to my left. The false wall was firmly strapped to them. The concrete walls had been painted a stark white, the color throwing back the light from the overhead flourescents, creating an almost painfully bright environment.

Every wall except the false one was lined with cabinets and workspaces. In the center of the room was a small island that held nothing but a computer workstation. There was also a chair that reminded me of a dentist's chair, but there were restraints at the wrists, ankles, forehead, and chest. Kevin was standing near one of the cabinets, gazing intently at whatever it held. I crossed to his side to look with him.

Inside the cabinet was a small selection of handguns and ammunition. I was no expert, but I could tell Kevin was making a thorough mental inventory. In addition to the guns, there were several black cylindrical objects of various lengths and widths, whose purpose wasn't immediately apparent to me.

"Those are suppressors," Kevin said quietly.

"Huh?" I asked, startled.

Kevin point at the cylinder things.

"I saw you looking at them. They're sound suppressors, or silencers, to use the less accurate word."

He frowned, his face tight with concern.

"They are very well-made units, but can't have come from any publically known maker. There's no stamps or serial numbers on any of them. There's not even a manufacterer's stamp on them. Someone -- a very skilled someone, with access to sophisticated machine tools -- made these off the books."

"Grace, Kevin, come look at this," Crystal said, her voice flat and cold with anger.

Together, Kevin and I made our way to where she stood by another cabinet. Inside, I saw various glass vials. Unlike the suppressors, these vials were clearly marked, and my blood ran cold as I read the labels.

"Rohypnol, GhB, sodium pentathol, phenobarbatol, Atavan, ether, morphine sulphate...my God, Trent has a whole pharmacopia down here," I whispered.

"What's this stuff used for?" Kevin asked.

I shrugged.

"There's a variety of different drugs here, Kevin," I said. "Rohypnol, for example, is a very common 'date rape' drug. Atavan is a powerful anti-psychotic, but if administered in non-theraputic dosages, it can induce altered states of conciousness too. Morphine is a powerful pain killer, but I'm sure you know it can also be mind-altering if it's abused. Pentathol is a so-called 'truth serum.' Phenobarbatal is-"

"Kevin, if you hadn't already killed that rat bastard Trent, I'd cheerfully do it myself!" Crystal said, harshly, her eyes on fire. "There's no way he could have gotten this stuff legally, and it's for damned sure he didn't put it to legal use!"

"No doubts there, Crystal," Kevin said. "What do you think he was doing down here?"

"Have you ever heard of something called 'MK Ultra?'" Crystal asked.

"No," Kevin said.

"Yes," I said, and with mention of that hideous episode from our nation's past, certain things clicked into place. I turned to Kevin.

"MK Ultra was an experiment conducted by the CIA back in the sixties," I explained. "You can look up all the nitty gritty details on the net, if you want to. The short version is that it was an experiment in mind control using psychotropic drugs and hypnotic suggestion. The results were...controversial, to say the least."

I gestured at the cabinet.

"A lot of the necessary drugs are sitting right here. The government found that it really isn't all that hard to change a person's behavior, given the right combination of drugs and hypnosis. That's not all they discovered, but that's a story for another time."

Kevin looked at me in surprise.

"And you thought I was a candidate for a tin-foil hat?" he asked, with a half-smile.

"I learned about the history of the project as part of my course work," I explained. "I also learned hypnosis. The theraputic value of hypnosis is still a hotly debated topic in the mental health community, but I feel like it can be useful in some situations."

"So what was it that Trent was doing down here?" he asked again.

"I'm not completely sure, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that he used Lily as test subject, perfecting his technique. It would go a long way towards explaining her behavior. I've been wondering for a while now, about the hold he had over her. His control seemed much stronger than the normal submissive-dominant personality dynamic can explain."

I shook my head, feeling sick to my stomach at the thought of what this place represented.

"I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that he was making good little slaves of his own," Crystal said, her voice hard and cold with rage. "Here in America it would be easier to take adults than children. Adults can be harder to break than children, though, so he'd need a way to control them. Getting them hooked on drugs would be a good start, but I'm living proof that that doesn't work forever."

"But wouldn't anyone he took down here just go and report it?" Kevin asked. Crystal, noticing his sickened tone, gave him a pitying look.

"Kevin," she said, gently, "With the right mix of drugs and post-hypnotic suggestion, they wouldn't remember there was anything to report."

"Is that really possible?" he asked me, his face stricken.

I sighed, softly.

"In literal terms, no," I began. "However, it is possible to plant the suggestion in a subject's mind that they not conciously recall certain memories. So effectively, you could make someone refuse to remember something. I know I'm parsing semantics here, but it's important to recognize the difference. Because the memory is blocked rather than truly erased, it might be possible to use the same combination of drugs and hypnotic suggestion to bring those memories back to the surface."

Kevin looked like he was going to be sick. He sagged against one of the support pillars, his color pale.

"This is so...so fucking SICK!" he said, vehemently. "How could anyone do shit like this?! There might not be any hot coals, pincers, or knives in this room, but it's still a torture dungeon! A fucking twenty-first century dungeon!"

"We need to call the police and report this," I said.

"Maybe, and maybe not," Kevin replied, to my surprise. To my further surprise, Crystal nodded her head in firm agreement.

"Whoa, back up a second, you two," I said. "The contents of this room represent crucial evidence of illegal activity, not to mention it's illegal for us to be in posession of these drugs! That doesn't even count those 'suppressor' things you were talking about, Kevin! And-"

"Hey, hang on, Gracie!" Kevin interrupted. He took me gently in his arms and kissed me. I quivered against him, feeling thoroughly creeped out.

"Remember that video Kelly took," he said. "That police detective -- William Kowalski -- was in with Trent right up to his pudgy little neck! I'm not a hundred percent sure how far I trust the police right now."

Crystal pursed her lips thoughtfully.

"Would he able to participate in the investigation, since he was personally involved in the case?" she asked.

Kevin held me closer as he shook his head at Crystal.

"I doubt it," he said simply. "He survived the beating Trent gave him that night, but it was a close thing. He'll never be quite the same again. He was medically retired from the force right after he was discharged from the hospital. But that wasn't really my immediate concern."

He released me from the hug, but left one arm wrapped aound my waist. I leaned into him; both of us needed the comfort of the physical contact.

"If Trent was running -- or trying to create -- some kind of sick slave ring, he'd need more help than just a detective on the local PD," Kevin began. "Sure, 'Billy' would be a good start for him, but he'd need more than just him."

Crystal nodded her head thoughtfully.

"Yes," she said, slowly. "You're right about that. In fact, he would probably need at least passive cooperation well above the purely local level. Depending, of course, on just how extensive his operation is -- or was."

I looked up at her in alarm.

"Wait, do you think it could still be up and running?" I demanded.

Now it was my turn to receive Crystal's pitying look.

"It most certainly COULD be," she said, "but it isn't a sure thing. Hell, we don't even know for sure exactly what your uncle had going on. All we have is a theory based on what we can see in this room."

If I thought Kevin looked troubled before, he looked downright alarmed, now. Crystal noticed and held up her hand.

"I know what you're thinking, and you can relax. For now, anyway," she ammended. "Whoever Trent was working with -- besides this detective you were talking about -- probably doesn't know about this place. Trust me, if they did, you'd have heard from them by now, one way or another."

Kevin released me suddenly and went to the computer. It was already running, and a generic screensaver was scrolling lazily back and forth on the screen.

"Kevin!" I hissed, "Don't! I wouldn't touch anything down here-"

He gave me a quelling look and pulled a pair of blue nitrile gloves from his back pocket. After slipping them on, he wiggled the mouse and grunted.

"Password protected," he muttered. "Even in a secret room, he had to have a password. Figures."

He stood there for several moments, then he typed something on the keyboard, and hit 'enter.' To my surprise, the password box disappeared and was replaced with the desktop.

"How could you possibly know the password?" I asked, disbelievingly.

"It was just a guess," Kevin said with a humble shrug. "But I figured it would be something that no one who knew him well would ever think to try."

"Lke what?" I asked, exasperated.

"Elizabeth," he said, quietly.

"You're right," I said with equal quietness. "I'd never have thought to try it."

"Well, at least he wasn't using Windows!" Crystal observed, in an attempt to interject some humor.

"You and Kevin, always the Linux nerds!" I said, going along with her.

"Friends don't let friends use Windows," Kevin agreed absently, as he explored the various folders in the file system.

I tried to follow along with what Kevin was doing, but I quickly got lost. Crystal, though, was watching with a rapt expression as Kevin made his way around the guts of the hard drive. After untold minutes, he suddenly double-clicked on a file. It opened in a media player window. I gasped as the file started playing.

The video had been taken here, in this room, although it looked a little different. The camera was focused on the restraint chair, in which Lily sat, firmly tied down and gagged. She looked different, too, although it could've just been the expression of wild, animal fear on her usually sweet face.

A hand entered the camera's field of view, holding a crucifix. Lily's eyes focused on it, and then we heard Trent's voice saying, "Come to Jesus, Little Flower!" I was amazed that the bastard didn't burst into flame from the act of holding a crucifix, to say nothing of speaking the name of Jesus, but Lily's reaction diverted me from that line of thought.

Her struggles stopped as soon as Trent finished speaking. Her face lost it's terror and went slack. Her eyes stayed fixed on the crucifix as Trent's hand reached forward and removed first the gag, and then the restraints holding her down.

"Be sexy for me, Little Flower!" Trent's voice commanded.

Lily stood up from the restraint chair and faced Trent. The three of us watched in horrified fascination as Lily smiled. This wasn't her usual, sweet loving smile. This was a smile of lust and promise, a look of wantoness that took us all by complete surprise. But it wasn't just her smile; her whole demeanor changed. Her posture, her mannerisms, it was all completely different.

"Just how sexy do you want me to be?" she purred, and my shock redoubled.

It wasn't Lily's voice! Or rather, it was, but it was different! The pitch was low and sultry, with a barely detectable subharmonic to it that I'd never heard from her before. She traced her own curves with her hands and gave the camera a teasing look.

"You want me to put on a show for you, baby?" she asked, biting her lower lip and winking. "I bet you'd love to watch me..."

She danced slowly, sensually, to a beat that only she could hear. As she gyrated for the benefit of the camera, she daintily stripped off her clothing. She was only wearing a blouse, trousers, and underwear, but she managed to make a very erotic show, nevertheless. In minutes, she was nude, but she wasn't finished. As we watched in shock, she continued dancing, this time teasing her sex with the fingers of one hand while she lightly pinched her nipples with the other.

Trent's voice started again, this time speaking to the camera.

"As you can see," he said, "my technique offers an excellent level of control. I can create as many different personas as you want, but you should be advised that the more difficult the request, the higher the price."

He held up the crucifix again.

"No, no, Little Flower, that's not what I want! Be Good for me, now!" he said.

Once again, the change was instant. Her gyrations and open masturbation stopped, and she folded her hands in front of her. She turned her eyes demurely toward the floor.

"Yes, sir, I'll be good," she said. Once again, it wasn't Lily's voice. This was the voice of a young child. My stomach heaved, and turned away.

"Turn it off, Kevin, please!" I begged, trying to choke down the vomit I felt rising in my throat.

The sounds from the computer ended instantly, and moments later I was being held in his strong loving arms again. I clung to him and started sobbing. I was so thoroughly sickened and filled with revulsion that for a moment, I lost control.

"Sshhhhh, Gracie, I'm here," he said comfortingly in my ear. Kevin stroked my hair and held me close.

After a few minutes, I regained my composure. Kevin gently wiped away my tears. The strenght of his love finally dispelled the feeling of horror and sickness that had overwhelmed me. I leaned in and kissed him deeply. He held me close again and returned the kiss, offering me his unconditional love. I needed it badly just then!

Finally, I pushed back slightly and looked back towards the computer workstation. Crystal had taken a set of gloves from Kevin and was looking through the files with a sick look on her face. Noticing me looking her way, she met my eyes and smiled weakly.

"There are over 500 files in the video folder," she said, her tone brittle. "My God, that poor woman!"

"Do you-" Kevin's voice broke off, and he squeezed me tightly against his chest again. Finally, he spoke again. "Do you think Lily remembers any of it? Conciously, I mean?"

I gazed steadily into Kevin's eyes. Our relationship had always been a truthful one, and I while I wanted to offer him some comfort, I wouldn't do it at the expense of the truth.

"She may remember some things, brief images or phrases. It's extremely -- and I mean EXTREMELY -- unlikely that she remembers any specifics about what she's been through," I said. "She may recall some of it when she's asleep. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that she has terrible nightmares on occasion."

"Could you help her?" he asked, very softly.

My heart went out to him, and I caressed the uninjured side of his face with a gentle hand.

"Honey, I might be able to, but most likely she's going to need the kind of help that a psychologist can't provide. She'll need a psychiatrist. And besides, it would be unethical for me to try to treat someone I'm personally involved with. I couldn't be objective in her case, now could I?"

"No, I guess you couldn't," he said. It was my turn to brush a tear from his eye. "I just can't stand the thought of what that...that monster did to her! She was his wife, the mother of his children! It was his job to keep her safe, and instead he abused her in one of the sickest ways I can think of!"

Kevin's body was literally shaking with a combination of rage, horror, and pity (for Aunt Lily). I felt the exact same feelings, but I also felt a strong burst of love for Kevin. He would always feel the need to protect others. It was his nature, the core of who he was. He could no more not feel what he was feeling than he could sprout wings and fly!

"I wish I could kill that motherfucker all over again!" he whispered harshly.

The three of us were quiet for a long moment. Finally Kevin stirred us from our dark thoughts.

"Let's get out of this room," he said.

He waited for Crystal and I to climb the inclined ladder first. Then he shut off the lights and followed us up. He then pushed the credenza back in place, making sure it latched. The last thing any of us wanted was for someone to discover that room!

Crystal took my hand and squeezed it tightly; for once, it wasn't sexual. She was obviously reminded of the darkest parts of her own past by what we had seen in that room. She needed the comfort of human contact of a loved one. Knowing what she really needed, I led the way to the guest room where little Kayla lay fast asleep, while Kevin made a tour of the house, making absolutely sure that it was secure. We both knew everything was locked up tight, but that was how he reacted to stress. After he'd made his rounds, he joined us.

Crystal sat gently on the side of the bed and gazed down at her daughter, gently tucking her back in under the covers. I sat next to Crystal, being careful not to shake the bed. Kevin stood behind me and put his arms around me, holding me close. We all stayed like that for a long moment, and then Kevin sighed. He pulled me very gently to my feet and steered me back out into the hall. He waved Crystal a friendly goodnight, not wanting to wake the angel who slumbered on.

I our bedroom, we quietly undressed and got into bed. I wanted him badly; it was, I knew, my own reaction to the horror of what I'd seen. I needed the intimacy and pleasure that sex provided to drive away the darkness. Unfortunately, we had guests. Kayla could get up in the night, and in the confusion of being in an unfamiliar place, wander into our room by mistake at a really bad moment! For that matter, I saw no need to give Cyrstal the temptation.

As soon as we were under the covers, Kevin pulled me hard against me and kissed me deeply. I melted into his kiss for a long moment, before gently pulling back.

"It's probably not a good idea to make love right now, Kev," I whispered regretfully.

He gazed at me for a moment and then nodded in understanding and acceptance.

"I guess you're right, Gracie, it's just-" he waved his hand in a frustrated gesture. "I need something to take my mind off of what we saw."

"Yes, we both do," I said.

I pushed back from Kevin and got out of bed.

"Where are you going, baby?" he said, sitting up.

"I'll be right back," I promised him, and stepped out into the hall.

I pushed the long T-shirt I wore to bed back down over my hips and made my way to the guest room. Crystal answered quickly when I knocked. I was surprised to see that she was holding little Kayla in her arms, but I probably shouldn't have been. I reached out and took her hand, and led her back to our room.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Incest/Taboo
  • /
  • A State of Grace Pt. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 169 milliseconds