A Train of Events

I accepted but very nearly cried off at the very last minute. She had chosen a modest French restaurant in the centre of town and she was already there when I arrived. As she stood to greet me I felt like an adolescent on a first date. She was simply dressed but her smile left me weak at the knees.

For the first few minutes we exchanged small talk which comprised mainly of me chatting about America whilst pointedly leaving out any references to Philly and her friends. She could see my awkwardness and she put her hand on mine.

"Let's be clear. We are here to enjoy a meal and I have no intention of inviting you anywhere afterwards.

I have some things to say and I would like you to hear me out. I then want you to take a couple of days to consider and then get back to me."

This was not what I was expecting, hoping?, to hear but she continued without pause.

"I was a gifted child raised by a single mum who meant everything to me. The trouble was that I went off the rails not least because of my struggles with my sexuality. When my mum died of cancer she left me a healthy bequest and I decided that I owed it to her to turn my life around. Choosing medicine as a career path seemed fitting somehow.

I think I have now reached another turning point in my life. I once told you that I would be dangerous for you to know but, the truth is, there is something about you that attracts me in a way that I have never felt before. What I am trying to say is that I want to try a normal adult relationship and I want it to be with you."

I sat absolutely lost for words unable to think coherently. She smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

"We can still role play together, we could even invite others to join in, but it would be up to you. I think that we are both strong and sensible enough to know where the boundaries need to be drawn."

The rest of the meal passed in a dream. She told me more about herself and I opened up to her in return.

That night I slept the soundest sleep I had enjoyed for a very long time and on the train to work I could not keep the smile from my face.

I walked into the meeting of senior partners still on cloud nine wondering what these three woman would make of me if they only but knew.

They all sat with a copy of my report in front of them and Francesca took the lead.

"This is an impressive piece of work but there seems to be something missing...Tell us about your meeting with Aponi."

I felt my face flush and a cold sweat across my body. How the hell had they found out? Had they been sent a film of the proceedings...but who stood to gain?

I remained silent. What did they know, and could I talk my way out of it?

I could feel their eyes boring into me and then Francesca smiled.

"Very few people even know that Aponi Swan is the power behind the throne at CareCo. It's one of the largest portfolios on the east coast and we've been quietly trying to get a foot in the door for over twelve months.

We even tried going through Grace de Moyes, she's a minor trustee at Etheridge; you may remember, she raised that last minute tax question. Anyway, we were given to understand that she was friends with Aponi but it got us nowhere.

Now, you get to the states, not even aware of our interest, and scoop the pot. She loved you. She wants us to set up an investment pool but there is one small catch...but we think you'll be more than happy.

She wants us to have a permanent presence in New York and she wants it to be you...

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 26 milliseconds