• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • A Were Story Ch. 03

A Were Story Ch. 03

123

*****

Something was wrong with her.

Cassandra couldn't quite place a finger on it, but she could feel within her that there was something awfully wrong and it had nothing to do with the fact that her memory of the last six or so months apparently, was gone.

Of course, there was that incredibly obvious gash in a list of uncertainties she currently faced, but something else disturbed her. It was within her, in her head. She was starting to think it was also a part of her, because it not only controlled her thoughts, but to some extent, her actions as well. if she wasn't just a bit more strong-headed.

She sighed as she ran her hand over her wet hair and stared into the mirror at her reflection, it was her face staring at her in the mirror, but still, it wasn't her, she felt nothing like herself. She felt different, more alert, she looked different as well. Her muscles were more toned, her skin looked healthier, her eyes looked brighter. Her reflexes were also sharper, from what she had of her memory, she knew her sight had been getting bad and she had made plans to see an optician, but since she woke up, her sight had been perfect, much better than she ever remembered it to be.

She was curious about these changes, especially so of whatever it was in her head that seemed to have an opinion about everything, especially as regards that man- Caleb. A shiver passed through her as his name glided across her memory, and it scared her that it wasn't a shiver of terror, but one of pleasure. That was another thing she was trying to figure out, why did someone she barely knew make her feel this way? Why did the mere thought of him have her breathing funny and thinking inappropriate thoughts? Was it the food in this place? Was it the environment? If yes to any of those, was she the only one affected? Maybe there were others like her under some form of mind control.

She wanted to know so much, but she was trapped in this bedroom, admittedly, it was quite the glamorous place for a prison, but it was no less one. She had never been told she couldn't leave the confines and everyone else she had interacted with had been so nice and sweet, but if they were such good people, someone would have helped her out. She wanted to ask the lady who brought her food for help, but the way she spoke of Caleb, she feared she would make no progress with her.

The lady, Dinah, could pass for some form of marketing officer with the way she always spoke highly of her boss. She said he was loyal, caring, compassionate, strong, a protector, one time she had even dropped naughtily that he seemed like he could pleasure a woman, Cassandra had blushed at her insinuation, but at a later time, had chastised herself for such a reaction. What did she care if he was great in bed? She didn't plan on staying long enough in this place to find that out.

Her thoughts strayed to her cousins. She wondered what they were doing about her disappearance and if they were worried. Of course they were worried, but had they tried to find her? Had they already given up by now? It had been just over six months, she worried about them. She wanted to speak to them, she wished there was some way to reach them and tell them she was okay, especially Kennedy. She could just imagine her older cousin, worried sick. She had warned her repeatedly about her penchant for losing track of time and returning home late. Since they lost their mothers, Kennedy had become extra protective, at a time, she was checking up on them on an hourly basis, she had assured her she could take care of herself, but look at her now, trapped in some place she couldn't even find on a map with some odd people who saw nothing wrong in keeping a woman they had found in a forest.

She knew she would have to talk to someone before she went mad. Whatever this voice was in her head, she was sure she was tethering on the edges of madness already and someone needed to tell her she was okay, she needed someone to assure her that everyone had tiny voices in their head that sometimes got louder. But who could she confide in when everyone worked for the enemy?

"Madam?" A tiny voice called out from the bedroom. Dinah.

Cassandra's eyes shot to the slightly open bathroom door, she guessed it was time for brunch. Dinah usually visited her about five times a day. She would bring her lots of food three of the five times and snacks the other two times. Of course, she would sit with her until she finished and provide her some decent conversation. The woman didn't know a lot, but she couldn't complain, it was better than nothing.

"I'm in the bathroom, Didi." She replied, she dabbed at her wet face with a towel and stepped out of the bathroom. Dinah's face brightened up at her emergence. Dinah was pretty in an ethereal way, her hair was blonde, almost white even, her eyes were an olive green shade and filled with mirth, she was a tiny little thing, going no higher than 5ft2" in height, her body was proportioned to fit her small frame, but even as tiny as she was, Cassandra felt the woman wasn't as frail as she appeared. Her skin was pale, like she hadn't been in the sun at any time in her life which made Cassie wonder if truly this woman was also a prisoner as she was. She certainly gave off no vibes of being under any sort of control, she seemed perfectly happy and content. Maybe she had been here too long and just come to terms with her situation.

"You look beautiful as always madam. I brought your food." She said, her hand indicating the tray on the bedside table. Whatever was in there had permeated the air in the entire room, it smelt nice. That was another thing she couldn't fault this place for, whoever cooked here was easily the most amazing cook ever. if she was here long enough, she certainly would want to see this person at some point.

"Thank you Didi." She replied softly as she sat on her bed. Didi uncovered the tray which was laden with croissants, a donut, a burger and a large cup of juice. Her mouth watered at the sight, but she kept her expression even. She smiled at Dinah once again, the woman replied her smile with an even wider one, "Thank you."

"No need madam, I'm here to serve you." She replied.

There she went again, making such funny comments. Cassandra had long given up on trying to make her stop calling her 'madam', but it wasn't just the unmerited title that bothered her, it was other things like her many comments on 'serving' her and making the 'alpha' happy. Apparently, Caleb was some type of alpha, a title that brought to mind thoughts of an insatiable person with a harem of women who worshipped him. Fancy, but effective. Cassandra wondered if the man expected her to willfully join his harem of women he had at his beck and call, it didn't matter if he was drop dead gorgeous and had a voice to melt even the most hardened soul, it gave him no right to hold women against their will and sate his animalistic desires with their bodies. Irrespective of her earlier behavior, she was determined to not become another one of his kept women, she would fight these feelings she had for him and leave this place without leaving a piece of her with the beautiful man here.

She kept mute and studied the food, now wondering if it was wise to indulge herself in these things. Perhaps this was what was bringing those voices to her head. A thought occurred to her and she looked up at Dinah, maybe she could help her.

"Didi, can I ask you a question?"

She perked up at that question and nodded her head rather enthusiastically, "Yes you can madam, It would be my greatest joy to help you if you're in a fix." She replied

She ignored the woman's excitement even though it was another odd behaviour, "Do you..." she hesitated slightly, fearing she may sound insane by asking this question, but what did she really have to lose?, "Do you hear voices in your head?" she asked, her voice lowered just in case someone was walking through the corridor.

Dinah squinted her eyes as if in thought, "How so madam?"

Cassandra sighed, "Voices, you know...like, like...." How could she explain it? she didn't even know what the voices sounded like.

Dinah watched her closely for some time, waiting for her to finish her statement, but all she got was a look of frustration and confusion, she was genuinely worried about the madam recently. She noticed how forlorn she seemed at times, and frustrated at other times, the Alpha wasn't doing any better. Sometimes, she came in here wanting to convince the madam to give the Alpha audience and pull him out of his brooding state, but the state she would meet her would kill such thoughts. It was obvious she needed some answers, but she couldn't even figure out the questions

"I'm not sure I know what you mean madam, but if you wouldn't mind, I could tell Alpha Caleb of your problem and....."

"No. No, please don't tell him. I...I'm fine, never mind my question." Cassandra replied with a tight smile. She was trying to not be cast under his spell, so she needed him as far away from her as possible. For all she knew, he was responsible for the voices and wouldn't have a reasonable cure for her.

Dinah approached her slowly and then took her hand in hers, "You need not fear the Alpha, madam, he's a good man who has your best interest at heart. He's very wise too and I'm sure he'll have an explanation for whatever it is that bothers you."

"I...I don't want him to know Dinah, I'm fine, I promise." Was her short reply. She could see disappointment flash in Dinah's eyes, she felt bad that perhaps she had caused her such disappointment. She knew she held Caleb in high esteem for whatever reason, but she simply couldn't bring herself to see him. it was hard enough to stay in bed and pretend to be asleep whenever he would come by in the night to watch her like some creepy stalker, but she doubted she would be able to hold herself back if she was to set her sight upon him. no, she didn't need his words of wisdom in this situation.

Dinah nodded her understanding and didn't push any further, but she couldn't keep this to herself out of good conscience. She was only an Omega, answerable to the Alpha, he had entrusted her with the care of his mate and she wouldn't jeopardize that even if the one she was to care for couldn't understand the intricacies of their people

****

Caleb studied the treaty Rinaldi had gotten from his trip to Queensland where the last meeting of the North American Alphas had taken place, he hadn't been able to make it because of an emergency it was imperative he attend in Europe, but Rinaldi had been an able representative. The resolutions of the meeting had been sent to him via his beta, but he would have a chance to get in a few words at the next meeting.

He particularly liked that there were discussions towards Rinaldi getting back his lost pack, a few of them were reportedly still roaming the forests of Cuba, a small group had begun rebuilding, but a pack without an Alpha was as good as endangered. Rinaldi had told him many times that he could feel the loneliness of his people, but he had no say on returning. Protocols had to be observed before he could once again return to Cuba, besides, Alejandro Corona, the slimy dog who had brought an end to the Soldado Pack was yet to be put down and Rinaldi was well aware he would have to end him before he could regain control of his pack. Alejandro ran a small pack in Puerto Rico, he wasn't a member of the North American Alphas Council and had no plans to ever belong to the council, he was an outcast and the members of his pack were given the status of rogue weres. They were the ones who did the dirty work for any slimy bastard willing to drop a few coins. There was a consensus by members of the council to kill them whenever they challenged them. Most of the pack members were weak, but Alejandro and his betas were mostly of equal strength with many other weres, so they had their own share of kills as well.

Caleb didn't doubt for a second that Rinaldi would regain his pack and soon enough, he was an Alpha through and through, he would miss his contributions to the Duncan pack greatly, but time was coming when he would have to take up some of the duties he had assigned to Rinaldi.

A timid knock at the door caught his attention, usually, no one entered his study when he was inside besides his betas, but he knew very well what Roy's knock sounded like and that tiny knock was the exact opposite of Roy's loud banging, "Who's there?" he asked.

"Alpha, it's me, Dinah." The woman's tiny voice filtered through the door.

Caleb's ears perked up, he had assigned the care of his mate to Dinah last week and thee were no troubles between the two, although he never asked Cassandra, the times when he would find himself invading the privacy of her bedroom, he had never gotten any vibes from her to assume that Dinah wasn't executing her task to the best of her abilities and save for the first two days when she had encountered a guarded Cassandra, Dinah hadn't come to him since then, so, why was she here? Had something happened?

"Come in Dinah." He replied.

Dinah opened the door slowly and poked her head in first, before letting herself into the large room that was Caleb's study, not many people entered here. It held some really important information on the pack's history amongst other documents, or so she heard. It was usually under lock and key whenever Caleb and his betas were away, none of the other Weres even dared to reach this wing of the house without permission. She was only here because she couldn't wait to get permission, her forgetful nature would ensure she didn't tell him what she needed to when she needed to.

"You have news about my mate?" Caleb asked, surely that was the only business she had with him.

Dinah nodded, "Yes sir." She replied.

"So? What is it?" he asked when she wasn't forthcoming with further information.

Dinah briefly wondered if she was doing the right thing by telling Caleb about Cassandra's problem, but the wolf in her wouldn't let her keep such vital information from their Alpha, Cassandra was his mate and if anyone had her best interest at heart, it was certainly him. she was in no position to decide what happened between them, she would only relay this information and trust his judgment. He wasn't Alpha for nothing, "Alpha, the madam says she hears voices in her head. I asked her permission to tell you this, but she wouldn't grant it, but I just had to let you know." She blurted out.

"Voices?" he asked curiously.

"Yes sir....i...I think you should talk to her sir. I mean...pardon me if I overstep my boundaries, but...I think she needs you like you need her, but she doesn't realize it yet. Maybe...maybe if you could stop giving her so much space, maybe...maybe she'll come around if you spend more time talking to her than avoiding her. I'm sorry Alpha." She stuttered, her head remained down as a show of obedience. She was usually one of few words, she had a reputation for minding her own business most of the time and she certainly never thought she would have this much guts to speak to the alpha like he was much younger than her, but she cared for Cassandra, even if the woman didn't understand what she was going through.

With someone else, on another day, Caleb would have been mad at such blatant show of disrespect, save for his betas, no other pack member was allowed to give what he referred to as unsolicited advice and certainly not an Omega, but he was at his wits end at this point and was willing to grasp at anything that could somehow get him out of this fix he currently found himself, even advice from this tiny little woman in his presence would be treasured, "Is that all Dinah?" he asked calmly.

For the first time since she entered the room, her head shot up to look at him, she had expected a lot of other reactions, but not this calmness. Caleb wasn't reputed to be the most patient or rational Alpha at that, he was known for snapping at pack members randomly and having a volatile temperament. This calm, collected man sitting in what was Caleb's chair was a far contrast from who he really was, or at least who he was known to be, "Sir? Yes..yes, that is all sir."

He nodded, "Thank you Dinah, your advice has been noted. You may take your leave now."

She remained in his presence for half a minute, "I...I can leave?" she asked for clarity

"Yes Dinah, you can." He replied.

She smiled, "Thank you sir, thank you." She said as she curtsied at him and ran out of the study lest he change his mind.

Caleb let out a sigh of exasperation at her exit, as much as he had been avoiding any sort of confrontation with his mate, it was all coming to a head and he would have to talk to her about all that was going on with her. He had an inkling of what the voices she thought were in her head truly was, even if she was yet to acknowledge its presence, her wolf was somewhere in her conscious and was communicating to her. If she continued to fight it, the animal would force its way out soon and freak her out even further. It was necessary he explain to her the intricacies of where she currently found herself, he should have done that a long time ago, but he had been avoiding it because he didn't want to upset her, maybe that had been the wrong approach to all of this. Dinah was right, she had gotten enough time to arrange her thoughts, he needed to crowd her space until she realized just who she was and why she felt this way. There would be no more handling her with kid gloves.

He arranged the documents on his desk and put them inside a cupboard, his mind made up to confront his mate in that moment. Just as he approached the door, he felt a vibration in his pocket. He thought of ignoring the phone, but then, he had sent Rinaldi to perform a task, so this might be him calling for a feedback. He got out the gadget from his pocket and answered the call when he recognized Rinaldi's number.

"Rinaldi, how is it going?"

"You want the good news or the bad news?" Rinaldi asked, his voice failing to give away anything, it was as playful as Caleb was used to from his beta.

"Whichever one you choose to give in whatever order, I'll take it." Caleb replied, steeling himself for something bad.

Rinaldi laughed, "Well, the good news is, I have your....Cassandra's cousins with me and we're on our way to Connecticut, the bad news is, we were attacked at their house and I might have taken an unconscious woman with me without her permission."

"Attacked? Who by?" Caleb asked.

"I think they were rogues, Joel, Damian and the rest of the boys dealt with them appropriately. I just wanted to give you a heads up before we arrive." Rinaldi said, still not losing his casual tone.

Caleb nodded, "Thank you Rinaldi, we'll discuss further when you return." He said, if Rinaldi was this calm, then there was no cause for alarm. Of course, it was something they would have to deal with as soon as possible, if these wolves had found his mate's relatives, then someone out there knew of her and he had made enough enemies, hence, anyone could be a suspect.

"Oh, and someone wants to talk to you." Rinaldi rushed.

"Who?" Caleb asked, but his beta wasn't with the phone anymore.

"Hi, this is Kylie, Cassandra's cousin, I hope we won't be late for the mating ceremony?" a chirpy voice filled with excitement came through the receiver.

For the first time in weeks, Caleb smiled, "No Kylie, you're just in time." He replied. It was good to hear such enthusiasm from Cassandra's cousin, perhaps her presence would help Cassandra understand her situation better, but even more, he couldn't wait to see how the straight-laced, cold Roy would react to a mate who was his opposite in every sense of the word

****

Kennedy awoke to the sound of laughter. She stretched lazily on a very comfortable bed that felt nothing like the back-breaking spring bed she had the misfortune of sleeping on at home, all she felt beneath her was foam she seemed to sink inside.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • A Were Story Ch. 03

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 161 milliseconds