A Wider Sky Ch. 11

The students collectively sighed as Professor Windsor stepped down from the lectern signally the end of class. I started to pack up my things placing them into my bag including my handwritten notebook, which I always looked over my shoulder to catch Gaelen making a snide remark to himself regarding my use the humanistic study tool. But today he only stayed in his auditorium seat, with a focused glare at the lectern where he was daily tortured for answers.

I broke our vow of silence, "Gaelen, I think he just wants you to do better in his class." His eyes shifted to me burning with green flames. I only shrugged my shoulders, I was already used to the temperamental Gaelen and I wasn't going to let it faze me.

He tapped his stylus against the armchair impatiently waiting for something, anything to cool his nervous tense shoulders. "I know." He simply said and then gathered his things in one effortless swoop. My breath hitched as he cupped my shoulder with his large hand, giving it gentle massaging squeezes.

This is different.

"I am sorry about disappearing on you. I just..." He combed his fingers through his hair. "You are so different from other girls. So innocent yet frustrating too."

I pursed my lips and jutted my hip in defense which made his hard lined mouth quickly curl to that sly, cheeky smile I had missed so much. "Don't give me that pout." he remarked. "I'm sorry. I've been... You know... Absent. I just needed to figure things out in myself. What I was feeling because I don't want to push you to a point you are not ready to go to yet, Kiowa. I want your first time to be special, not just some lustful romp in a dorm room."

Wow, so it wasn't about the dossier. "What if I wanted a heated romp?"

"You don't," his voice was so concrete and strong, it was the truth and we both knew it and he wanted to stand up for it, for me.

I took a deep breath rocking on the back of my heels. Holding my bag close to my chest, while I wish it were he I was holding in my arms.

He again smiled as if my presence had amused him so much. He shook his head slightly and rolled his eyes before pressing his hand to the small of my back to lead us down the shallow stairs of the lecture amphitheater to the door.

"Mr. Borgia, Miss Walker," Professor Windsor stopped us as we headed to the same exit at the same time. "I am glad that you, Mr. Borgia have decided to make company with Ms. Walker. Maybe some of her intelligence can wear off on you instead of reciting Miss Walker's answers." Gaelen's shoulders slumped slightly but he kept his defiant stance.

"Perhaps you are right, Professor. I know Miss Walker is one of the brightest students in your class and it's a great show of strength and leadership when one surrenders oneself with those that can challenge him. Don't you think Professor?"

"Touche, Mr Borgias."

I couldn't help but look up at him proudly, my eyes glittering with pride.

The Professor cleared his throat tipping his chin up and waved his hand towards the door with a graceful bow, "After you, Mr. Borgia, Miss Walker. See to it that you don't get too wrapped up in the early festivities celebrations. There is still one more day left of fall classes. One day can make one weak."

Touche, Professor Windsor, well played win. We slunk out of the door with our youthful smart-ass tails between our legs.

*****

To My Dear Readers,

Thank you for your comments and thoughts. I appreciate every one of them. Sometimes I feel like my characters are on a roller coaster that never has that point of steady climb as they fall in love because they are a bit too flawed but I love diamonds in the rough. Not as rough as Novak and Talyis in Of Thorns and Pearls, but still some unique impurities in the gem.

As I posted in the last chapter, I had some unsettled feeling about these most recent chapters for a long time. I think I have been able to fix those issues and would love to hear your thoughts.

On a scale of 1-10 how much in love to you think Gaelen and Kiowa are?

How loves who more so far in your opinion?

What sense do you have about these characters, would you be their friend, would you want to jump his or her bones?

:-D With that, I'll say adieu.

Cheers and Happy Reading,

~Talyis

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 524 milliseconds