Abandoned with the Enemy Ch. 01

I don't know if it was me, but I saw an innocent look in her eyes that asked me to give her a chance. 'I guess.' I said, trying not to sound too easily in giving in.

'A moment.' she said and went back to help Naylee up.

They followed Wendy and me to the clearing I had seen earlier and found a large piece of fairly flat rock. I made up a bed for me and Wendy while Naylee used the same method to make a bed for her and Tashee while Tashee set up a fire in the middle of the rock.

I untied the rodents Wendy and I had caught earlier from the backpack, laid them in front of me and sighed. With just one good arm it'll be a chore to roast them.

Tashee had seen my dilemma and moved closer. 'Let me?'

She gestured at the rodents they had caught and I felt amused at how much we were alike in our survival.

I nodded gratefully. 'Please.'

I admired the ease with which she gutted the rodents and prepared them for roasting. Maybe it was the way they were used to cooking. When the roast was done she offered small roots with it.

'These are a little spicy.' she said and bit on one. 'Good with meat.'

I nibbled on one and it was mildly spicy, enough to add taste to the rather plain taste of rodent meat. I nodded my thanks and shared my meal with Wendy.

Tashee and Naylee were talking low between the two, and I saw Naylee glancing at me a couple of times. She most have gotten the yellow eyes from her father.

Tashee moved closer to me again on her knees. 'May we know your name?'

Ah, I hadn't even thought about that. 'Rafe.' I said. 'I'm sorry, I totally forgot with all the things going on.'

She gave me a gentle smile. 'Is okay. We're sorry for all that happened.'

'Same here. But I don't blame you, we're not quite on friendly terms right now.'

She looked a little puzzled.

'I mean, our two species aren't friends.'

Her face lit up in comprehension, then looked sad. 'True.'

I didn't like to see her sad. It just felt wrong, even if I hardly knew them. 'Doesn't mean we can't be friendly.' I offered.

She smiled again and nodded. 'Please.'

I smiled back. 'I can't be mad at someone who can roast so well.'

She chuckled and went back to Naylee, who glanced at me again with a look of disbelieve.

Tiredness caught up with me and I needed to sleep for recovery. 'I'm going to sleep.' I said. 'You have a good night.'

'Sleep well.' Tashee said.

Wendy crawled up to me and her familiar warmth and smell relaxed me enough to fall asleep in moments.

***

We all awoke with a start when we heard a long roar. Naylee grabbed her gun while Tashee and I both grabbed our knives. Wendy bared her fangs but kept quiet while she sniffed the air. The fire was burning enough to spread some dim light and we watched our surroundings carefully, heart beating fast in combat mode.

'Rafe,' Tashee whispered. 'you know?'

'First time for me.' I whispered back.

A second roar sounded more distant.

'I'll take watch.' I said.

'No.' Tashee said. 'Rest important for you. I'll watch, not much night left anyway.'

'Sure?' I asked, glancing at her, her eyes fully alert and shining in the dim light.

'Sure.' she said and I knew she was.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 152 milliseconds