• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Letters & Transcripts
  • /
  • An Open Letter to My Readers

An Open Letter to My Readers

After some thought, I decided I needed to write a letter to you, the kind folks who read my work.

First, my sincere thanks for your [ mostly ] kind words and comments. It is a pleasure to write for you and I will continue to do so for quite some time.

I just feel that there are some things that should be / must be addressed and I am hoping that you people out there can be of some assistance, and perhaps I can reciprocate.

Okay, where to begin? How about at the beginning?

When I joined LITEROTICA in 2005, all I wanted to do was write again. I had written for years and years prior -- other subject matter as well -- but really hadn't written much in about 5 years. I had been on another site and slowly crept back into creativity, but only in small doses.

Through the encouragement of some on-line friends, I joined LIT and wrote a few stories. What a pleasant surprise when one of my early efforts, "Programmed for Love" met with very warm responses. Encouraged, I stepped up the pace and made it my goal to write 100 stories by my first year on LIT -- which I accomplished. I got some wonderful feedback, for the most part.

Enter 2006. I don't know why exactly -- but my output dropped to a trickle, for which I am sorry. Although my newer works are longer, the amount of stories dropped by 75%. Even still, I had some wonderful words from my kind readers -- including a very nice letter which my computer deleted -- telling me what they wanted, what they liked. Again, my thanks.

Now, here is the crux of the letter.

Due to illness and outside forces [ a slightly-crooked publisher ] I wrote less -- wayyy less. I became a bit sad and at times, it was an effort to be creative. I make no excuses though, some of it was pure laziness on my part. Those of you who read my work deserve better. I am sure some of you are expecting certain works to be finished and are a bit peeved with me that they have not been.

This year, I made another promise to myself -- which is also one to you. I am going to do better, I am going to write more. I plan to beat my output of 2006, hopefully by a wide margin. My semi-promise to myself is when I did start writing again, to try and average 1000 or more words a day. As of this, I am still around that number.

Okay readers, here is what I want from you. Please.

I would like to know exactly WHAT series you like most, WHAT you want finished soonest. I have one that will be done this year -- for sure -- as there are only two chapters to go on it.

However, I'd like some input from you. Either here or through E-Mail. What is your favorite of all my series? Any story you'd like a sequel to? Do you have any suggestions?

Suggestions will be weighed and if used, will be credited. I DO know how many of my stories will end, but the middle is sometimes wide open. You never know, some of you out there might just surprise me -- and yourselves.

If you have read my stuff and never commented, now is your chance. I make only one request. Please, be serious. I am asking for your help. If you comment negatively -- and even those will be read -- don't just say "I hate your stuff, it sucks Donkey Balls." WHY do you not like it? Any writer worth his socks is willing to improve. I am always ready to try a new approach.

Presently, I have a few series going -- amongst them "Aloha Lovers", "Ghost of A Chance" and "Virtue or Vice". I also have the "Heather" stories, which are a shared-universe type of story, with Heather, Bryan, Aunt Alexus, Vicki and others. Want more of those? How about the "Stiletto Club" series, of which I have another chapter nearly completed? I have a sequel to "Becoming Bree" in mind -- would you like to read that?

I will also be writing some one-shot stories, of course -- but I've been very fortunate that some of those have done well and readers have asked for sequels. Are the any characters in the one-shot tales that you'd like to see more of?

I plan to complete as many of my works as I am able, but I have a long road ahead. If you can give me some kind direction, I am sure I will get there.

I plan to leave this open for a few months and then, I will likely remove it from my postings. Please, if you like my work, I would greatly appreciate your input. Any time you can give me will be appreciated. Oh, if you want to remain anonymous, that will be fine as well.

Thanks a lot from

BrettJ

Somewhere in Chilly Ontario

January 2007

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Letters & Transcripts
  • /
  • An Open Letter to My Readers

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 32 milliseconds