An Unexpected Reunion Ch. 04

"I could tell, I think you've scratched the shit out of my back." I can tell she's trying to scold me but her voice is too full of humour for it to stick.

I look at her and quirk an eyebrow at the cocky grin she's wearing "well, if you weren't such an over achiever..." she quickly silences me with a long kiss that I'm all too happy to surrender to. When she pulls away I push her hair away from her face and smile across at her "don't go away for so long next time. I hate being apart from you." She sighs loudly and runs her nose along the length of mine.

"You have no idea how good it is to hear you say that. When you didn't show up that day, I waited on that platform for two hours just hoping that you'd missed your train or whatever. I felt like a piece of me died..."

A fresh wave of guilt takes over the post coital glow and I feel ashamed for my past behavior all over again "Callie, I..." She places her fingers over my lips and smiles warmly at me.

"Let me finish Lex." I nod against her hand and she kisses the tip of my nose "I drank for three solid days and over the next however many years I was without you I slept with countless women all to try and fill the void you left when you disappeared from my life. I don't like talking about what happened because I don't like to be reminded of how weak I was when I didn't have you. I'm a proud person... that goes without saying. But, nine months ago you walked back into my life and it was as if fate, God or just divine intervention sent you to me to help me become the person I was always meant to be. I thank whoever it was that sent you back into my life because I finally feel complete again." She runs her fingers across my jaw and her thumb brushes away the tear that's falling down my cheek "don't cry baby." She murmurs before laying soft kisses over both of my cheeks.

"I will live with the guilt for the rest of my life Callie... I never wanted to hurt you but..." I pause and worry my bottom lip with my teeth as I try and find the words to say "my dad was getting suspicious, my mum found out where I was sneaking off to and she was covering for me and getting beatings for it from him. Do you know how hard it was for me to come home after seeing you to see fresh bruises on her face or arms? I hate myself for hurting you but I figured you'd move on and forget me eventually." I look down to avoid her eyes but I should've guessed she wouldn't grant me that one small mercy, her fingers curl around my chin and she forces my eyes back up to hers.

Her perfect blue eyes hold my gaze and I take a moment to look at them, the shape, the colour, the crinkles in the corner that deepen when she smiles or laughs. The way they've aged in the last eight years but are still the same ones I fell in love with when I was just eighteen "I never forgot you, not a day went by when I didn't think about you, or hurt for you. I ached over you for eight long years. But I never stopped loving you. I get why you did what you did now. There are a thousand what ifs or things I can tell you that you could've done but everything happens for a reason. All that matters is you're here with me now and in six short weeks you're going to be my wife and then nothing" she pauses as she rests her forehead against mine "nothing will ever force us apart again. I mean it, I've got you back and I sure as shit won't be losing you again."

I roll on the bed so I'm laid on top of her, a small grin plays on my lips as I watch her cock an eyebrow at my bold move "have I told you recently just how much I love you Clarissa?" I murmur as I run my nose along the length of hers.

She looks thoughtful for a moment before shrugging beneath me "I could stand to hear it again" my lips run the length of her jaw to her ear where I plant kisses before whispering in it, her whole body tenses and shivers beneath me.

"I love you" I close my lips around her earlobe and tug it gently with my teeth, Callie groans out loud and I can't help the little smile that forms. I kiss my way down her throat and across her chest towards her other ear "I'd really like to show you just how much I love you if you think you're up for it" I can feel her breath catch before I pull back and gaze down at her. I can see she's trying to appear nonchalant but the way her breathings coming in and the blush that's spread across her cheeks gives her away.

I don't give her chance to come out with whatever sarcastic reply I'm sure was about to come out of her mouth, I cover her lips with mine and kiss her hard. I move a hand between us and let it roam down her stomach towards her sex and let it slide between her slick folds to press firmly on her swollen clit. "You're so wet for me Callie" I feel so brazen with her, no one's ever made me feel this confident or sexy. She doesn't reply, she only moans aloud as my fingers slip inside of her, her hips moving in time with my hands ministrations.

I move my mouth away from hers and begin a slow, arduous trail down her body. Pausing briefly at each of her perfect breasts, I have one destination in mind and I'm feeling impatient to get there. It's been a long week and I'm eager to taste my woman again. My tongue trails the length of her taut stomach dipping into her navel briefly before roaming over her mound and finally I flick the tip against her clit, replacing my thumb.

Her hips jerk up violently at that sensation and I grin into her folds, she tastes sweet and perfect, I cover her with my mouth as my fingers thrust in and out of her quickly. "Jesus fucking Christ Lexie" the way her voice curls around my name makes me lose control and I pick up the pace.

With my free hand I grip her hips tightly in an attempt to slow them down and hold her firmly to my lips, my tongue is thrashing against her clit quickly and my arm is moving so fast and so hard I can feel the burn begin to build. But I don't stop, I don't slow down. I need to feel her fall off the edge and come undone around me.

It feels like an eternity passes when I finally feel her clamp down on my fingers "I'm coming, holy shit I'm coming for you" she calls out loudly, just those words are enough to feel myself flood between my thighs again. I taste her orgasm on my tongue and it's like an exotic delicacy, something to be treasured and savored.

Her fingers tangle in my hair and she pulls me away from her pussy and forces me up her body where her lips meet mine in a hard and passionate kiss. I'm breathless when she pushes me away and sets me with a sultry smile "I love tasting myself on you" I can't give her any kind of reply before she's pushing me back on the bed, she turns quickly and straddles my face to lower her pussy onto my lips again before her head dips and she begins tonguing away at mine. This sneak attack has me climbing high again and it takes no time at all before I'm flooding her mouth with my climax.

Just as I come I pull her up by her hips and forcing her into a sitting position so I can pour all of my focus onto making her come again. My fingers bite into the flesh on her thighs, Callie is rocking against my tongue, riding it wildly. Her entire body freezes when her orgasm hits and she lets out a deep moan that sets my pulse racing.

She pulls off of me and I clamber into her arms panting, sweaty and spent. "I should go away more often if this is the kind of welcome home I get" she utters breathlessly.

I laugh dryly and shake my head against her shoulder "I thought we'd covered that I don't want you leaving me again woman" I mutter as I prod her chest.

Her lips press against my temple and I feel her pull the covers over us, we lie in a comfortable silence and I can feel my body begin to lull into a content sleep for the first time since she went away when Callie breaks it with a quiet question "I have no issues with your mum coming to stay baby, but why is she visiting out of the blue after all this time?"

I don't have the energy to look up at her, all my limbs feel like lead but I take a deep breath and pull her tighter to me "she wanted to come for my final dress fitting. She hasn't seen me in it yet."

"Shit, is that this weekend?" I nod into her shoulder and sigh when I feel her lips press against my hair.

"Yep, which reminds me. Lana rang, she wants to be there for yours and she'll be bringing Becca to try on her flower girl dress."

"Excellent..."

"Go to sleep Cal, we can worry about it in the morning."

She sighs in what sounds like contentment before intertwining her legs in mine and pulling me closer "goodnight beautiful" she murmurs sleepily. I snuggle into her arms and kiss her throat before lying there and listening to her fall into slumber. I know I'll be asleep soon, I want to fall asleep. But I want to take a moment to take in Callie's sleeping features, this woman does not sleep enough.

There are many nights I wake up in an empty bed because she's either woken up and gone to work in her study, or is sat reading in the living room. She thinks I'm unaware of her late night rituals, but I'm not. I just choose not to pry, she's a creature of habit and that's one of the many things I love about her. I trace her features with my fingertips in feather light caresses, I touch her lips, her nose, her chin, her closed eyelids. Every inch of her silk like skin and I smile at her as my heart swells for a moment.

Eventually sheer exhaustion wins and I settle back down on the pillow and close my eyes and surrender to slumber.

Waking up in the morning I instantly know somethings missing, stretching out in the bed makes me realise that it's more of a who is missing opposed to a what is missing. Callie is up and by the smell that's seeping in through the partially opened door she's making breakfast. That's all the invitation I need to get my arse out of bed, throwing on the robe she was wearing last night I trudge down the stairs to the kitchen.

Callie's at the stove frying what smells like bacon dressed in jeans and a rugby shirt, on the table there's a full pot of freshly brewed coffee and pastries. She must've been to the shops because I'm sure we didn't have the ingredients for this. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist and plant a kiss at the bottom of her neck "morning baby" I whisper in her ear.

She turns her face to the side and I kiss her cheek "good morning sleepy" she returns with a smile "sit down, I'm making bacon sandwiches. There's coffee ready and pastries on the table." With a squeeze I let her go and take a seat at the kitchen table and pour myself a coffee.

"As much as I love you for making breakfast Cal, I have a dress fitting today and I don't really want to go bloated." I watch as she shrugs and slides the bacon from the pan into some waiting slices of bread on the counter next to the stove.

"You'll be fine" she walks over to me with a plate in each hand and sets one in front of me before sitting across from me with the other "besides, this is my way of saying 'I'm sorry but I need to go into work today' food is usually a good distraction when I have to give you some bad news." I roll my eyes at her and shake my head, I knew the woman was a workaholic but this is ridiculous.

"Callie, you've just been in America for a whole week. Is there nothing there that can't wait till Monday?" I know I sound like a petulant child but I want her to myself.

She sets me with an exasperated look and takes a sip of the coffee in front of her "yes and no, you're going to be at the dress place most of the afternoon and we've agreed to not see each-other's dresses until we actually get married yes?" I nod silently and take a bite of my sandwich "I have some emails I need to send and a few appointments to set up, we'll be closer to the office than here so I'm going in to kill time more than anything else. I won't miss dinner I promise. You'll have me all day tomorrow, so stop pouting. It's unbecoming" she winks and begins eating her breakfast.

I roll my eyes at her and pick up the paper that's on the table next to her "you know, I've been thinking..." I say out loud, avoiding her stare as I keep my eyes on the paper in my hands.

"That's dangerous" I scoff at her dig and lay the paper back down on the table to set her with an unamused glare.

"Hilarious" my eyes roll and I shake my head slightly "are you still getting those weird phone calls and post cards?" Her whole body stiffens and her eyes flicker up to my face and I feel as though she scrutinizing me slightly.

"I haven't had one since someone broke in here, neither's Lana. Pretty strange coincidence right?"

"You're still convinced it's Torie aren't you?" I watch as she pales slightly and looks away from my gaze. I can't help but sigh in frustration "Callie, it's just not her style. There is something I need to tell you though. But" I hold my hand up to stop her interruption "I need you to swear you won't get mad or worried. Please?"

Callie's hands clench into fists on the table, her jaw clenches and I can feel the anxiety radiate off of her. She stays still for what feels like an age but eventually she nods curtly and I sigh "I've been getting strange phone calls, they started when you went away. They never speak when I answer, it's just a lot of heavy breathing. Always from an unknown number so I can't even try and find out who it is."

Callie reaches out and takes my hand in hers and squeezes it "I'll call the phone company and get you a new number." She pauses for a moment before letting go of my hand and turning back to her breakfast.

She doesn't bring up my mystery calls again, in fact she studiously changes the subject completely. Talking about her trip, asking about my work, how my mum is. She speaks about everything and anything that isn't the fact that someone out there has it in for us and broke into the home we share. I admire her for her strength, but she's so infuriating sometimes. Her constant desire to shelter me from the whole truth in order to "protect me" is maddening.

I eventually leave her alone in the kitchen to shower and get dressed, when I return she's settled in the living room with a book in her lap. I can't resist the urge to lean against the doorframe and watch her. I clear my throat and her head snaps up and she flashes me a dazzling smile, wordlessly she stretches her arm out invitingly and I sink into the sofa curled up next to her. With her arm wrapped around my waist and my head resting on her shoulder she continues reading whatever novel it is that's captured her attention.

We sit there in silence for a while, Callie's hand traces circles over my waist lazily. I feel such contentment I almost feel guilty when I tell her that we need to go and pick my mother up from the station.

Piling into her car she sets off towards the station "when was the last time you saw your mum?"

"Christmas. She had me and Torie there." I glance over almost nervously at Callie, she doesn't like talking about my ex "before you say anything, mum couldn't stand her either."

"I wasn't going to say anything." I roll my eyes at her and shake my head, she's such an arse sometimes.

Waiting at the station my stomach does flips in nervous anticipation, mum hasn't seen me since I got back with Callie. She was pleased for us when I explained how we'd bumped into each other after so many years and decided to have another go at things. When I told her we were getting married, well she said she was happy for us but I can just tell she has her doubts. She was always fond of Callie when we first met but worries we're rushing things, I've told her in the politest way possible to mind her damn business and just let me be happy.

It takes me no time at all to spot her as she moves through the crowd, I'm pleased I got most of my features from my mother and not my dad. The only thing that holds any resemblance to the man that I inherited half my DNA from is the colour of my eyes. "Alexa!" I hear her call out, with a quick side glance at my fiancé I separate from her and move forward to greet my mother.

"Hi Mum" as soon as she's in front of me her arms are thrown around me and she pulls me to her in a firm embrace. The overwhelming sense of nostalgia hits me like a freight train, from the familiar warmth and comfort I always found in her hugs to the perfume she wore. It felt good to see her again. "You look well, how was the train?" I ask as I pull away and regard her carefully, her rich brown eyes search my face as I ask her the question and a small smile plays on her lips.

"Tsk, the train was fine Lex. Where is she?" Her eyes dart around the platform looking for Callie and I can't resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"Over here, come on." Linking our arms together I lead her back to where I'd left Callie standing "Mum, please be nice to her. I think she's freaking out enough about seeing you after so long without you making it any worse." My mum nudges me slightly with her hip and squeezes tighter on my arm.

Before she can come out with what would no doubt be a hilarious response to my angst we're standing in front of a very sheepish looking Callie, she smiles widely at us but it doesn't reach her eyes as she holds her hand out to my mother in a very stiff, formal greeting "Ms. Osbourne, it's so nice to see you again. You're looking well." It's not very often I get the pleasure of seeing Callie's stoic façade slip ever so slightly, and as much as I would usually tease her discomfort this one time I feel for her.

I watch my mother take her hand and squeeze gently "please Callie, you know to call me Alice. It's been a while and you're so grown up now." Callie's cheeks flush a little and she looks at the floor for a moment.

"Thank you, shall we get going?"

September 2014 -- Callie

Lexie is sprawled across my naked chest snoring gently as I lay back and stare up at the ceiling through the darkness. My fingers are trailing lazy patterns across her back as I contemplate the events of the last few months, meeting Lexie again and practically picking up where we left off is more than I could ever have hoped.

I'd be able to enjoy this feeling of contentment if I could just shift the feeling that somethings off somewhere, I find myself constantly looking over my should whenever I'm alone. I have pretty good instincts and right now each and every one of those instincts is telling me to take Lexie and run somewhere. I love her for her optimism and her strength, she's stronger than I ever could be but, this constant state of fear I find myself in is eating me up from the inside. I'd sooner die than see anything happen to her, and I'd kill anyone who tried to hurt her with my bare hands.

Lying here, in this still silence, watching her sleep. I can't help but feel a little envious at her ability to forget about all the unpleasant shit that seems to be going on around us and focus on the more important, more pleasant things. Most of all I'm jealous of her ability to fall asleep on fucking request. With a small laugh and a shake of my head I plant a kiss on her temple and carefully extricate myself from her embrace. As I sit on the edge of the bed I can hear her stir slightly "where are you going baby?"

"Shush" I reach behind me and stroke her hair behind her ears "I can't settle, I'll be back soon. Go back to sleep." She doesn't need much convincing to roll over and pull the covers up to her chin, I stay still until I can hear her breathing become deep and even again and then I move through the bedroom to the dresser to pull out a pair of pyjamas.

I creep through the house quietly, months of sneaking around in an attempt to not wake Lexie up when I'm having a bad bout of insomnia has taught me to keep quiet. In the kitchen I go through the process of making a cup of tea, strong, black and sweet before carrying it through to the living room where I choose to sit in the corner of the sofa curled up under a blanket with a copy of 'A Tale of Two Cities.' I'm barely able to break through the first three chapters before I'm disturbed by the living room door opening.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 11 milliseconds