Batgirl: The Price of Silence Ch. 11

Jenny saw the look of surprise on Batman's face. "Very interesting Commissioner, we think the man may be involved in our latest case! Now, brace yourself Jim, I have some bad news for you!"

"Oh?"

"Yes! I'm afraid it looks as if someone has abducted your daughter!"

"Barbara?" gasped the Commissioner of Police.

"I'm afraid so, sir! Someone has kidnapped her from her apartment, which is where I'm speaking to you from, at this very minute!"

"Oh my goodness! I'll get a squad car over there straight away!" gasped the worried policeman.

"I'd rather you left this to us, Commissioner," growled Batman. "Your officers might inadvertently disturb a clue as to her whereabouts, or the identity of her kidnappers."

"But... very well, Caped Crusader! Please... Please do everything in your power to get my little girl back, safe and sound?" The Commissioner of Police sounded as if he was on the verge of tears.

"We will, Commissioner, we will!" replied Batman, gently. "I'll contact you, as soon as we have any news! In the meantime, try not to worry too much. Barbara is a very courageous young woman!"

"Th-Thank you, Batman!" The police commissioner hung up, too upset to say more.

-oOo-

James Gordon replaced the receiver of the red Bat-phone and stared into space, a look of anxiety on his normally placid features.

"Begorra, has something happened to Ms. Gordon?" enquired Chief O'Hara, who was standing just a few feet away, on the other side of the Commissioner's desk.

"It looks that way, Chief," the lawman replied, looking up at his loyal Chief of Police, tears glistening in his usually steely gray-blue eyes.

"Barbara has been abducted from her apartment, by a person, or persons unknown!"

"Bejazus!"

The Commissioner of Police brightened up a little. "Still, the good news is that the Dynamic Duo are already on the case! How they learn about these things so quickly, is beyond me? If anyone can find my princess, it's them!"

-oOo-

While Batman was talking to Jim Gordon on his mobile, Jenny had an idea. As soon as Batman ended his conversation, and put away his cell phone, she broached the subject with him.

"Batman," she began, "if whoever has Barbara suspects she is The Batgirl, why don't we try to convince him, or them, otherwise?"

Batman frowned. "How do you mean, exactly?"

"What if I were to dress up in one of Barbara's Batgirl costumes, and pretend to be the Dark Damsel? My vital statistics are almost the same as hers, and the costume wig should hide my blonde hair, effectively. We could all make an appeal to her kidnappers, for her safe return, on the local television channel!"

"Hmmm, that's not a bad idea, Sparrow," Batman conceded, grudgingly.

"Holy Doppelganger, it's brilliant!" enthused Robin, punching a fist into his other palm.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 56 milliseconds