Blood and Ice Ch. 08

"Thomas is my grandfather so he must have meant father."

"But who's the person with his daughters sword?"

I handed him my sword. "That would be me as this is my mothers sword. But it also mentions that I would fight to get my father back which means that father must get kidnapped."

I paused to see his reaction. "I don't know if he does or not, I'm sure he's read the book."

"You should tell him your father needs to know!"

I was ready to protest when I was interrupted.

"Exactly what do I need to know Alexandria?" father said. He had returned with food.

"It's nothing father, just something I read." I said while trying to hide the book.

"Peter could you leave us?" father asked.

Peter nodded and left. Father locked the door. "Now are you going to tell me what it was or will I have to get it out of Peter?" father said. He looked at me very menacingly as if to say do what I say or I will have to hurt Peter.

"Very well father. I read a vision of grandfather's. It described woman on a horse giving orders to Michael, and that person had mother's sword. She said that they would get their father back come hell or high water. You've probably worked out it was me on the horse and I think you what that means." I said, waiting for the backlash.

"So when were you going to tell me that I was going to be kidnapped?", father said. He was very annoyed.

"I didn't know how to tell you father. I didn't want to upset you."

"But you should have told me Alexandria!" he was shouting now.

"Father, please calm down I didn't know how to tell you and do you honestly think that I would let anything happen to you?" I asked him.

He sort of calmed down. "I know you wouldn't but if you find anything out you must tell me okay?" Father had now fully calmed down, he pulled me into a hug.

"Promise me that if you see or read anything that you tell me okay?"

I nodded.

"Here, take something to eat and some blood. You need to drink wolf blood more regularly.", he said as he handed me a goblet of blood.

I drank deeply. It felt like the blood was washing away the memory of Jess and Jason.

"Why do we drink wolf blood father?" I asked.

"We drink it because it's scared to us and it keeps us looking young. It's our vital force, so to speak."

I nodded, sat down on the bed, and he handed me a tray of food, for which I was grateful. Father put his arm around me. "Do you know how it happens?"

"No father, I don't. I just know what grandfather left in the book. But, if I see anything I will tell you."

While we were talking flash had brought the sock out again and was running around the room with it.

Father laughed, "She's a rascal all right. She reminds me of the wolf your mother and I had."

"You and mother had a wolf?"

"Yes, his name was storm. He was a character. He ran off during the siege and we never found him again.", he said looking at the cub. "It's a scared bond that we have with wolves which reminds me there will be a sacrifice tomorrow if you want to join us" father said.

"Okay, as long as its not flash that's sacrificed its fine."

"Don't worry. Flash will never be sacrificed." father said.

I picked the cub up. As I did I felt the all to familiar twinge in my stomach. I saw a small camp. It was in the forest. There were a few tents round a fire. I saw Gabriel talking to the rest of the camp. "We need to kill the princess! She's our next target. After that we will take back the castle and our rightful place. Also, I need to concentrate on conceiving an heir after that. They wont be able to stand up to us then but our priority is the princess. We know that if she's alive when the final battle comes we will loose the war! That's what's been foretold." they talked a little more. I heard their plan before father shook me out of it.

"What happened Alexandria?"

"I had another vision father. Their going and try and kill me and Gabriel is trying to conceive an heir.", I said looking into fathers eyes.

"I expected that they would retaliate by trying to kill you but the news about him trying to conceiving an heir is a bit worrying. If he does it will mean big trouble." Father looked worried.

"Does this mean trouble?", I asked.

"It might. I take it that your vision wasn't of the future."

"No, I think it was happing now."

"I don't want you to worry about this. Why don't you go back to sleep."

"Only if someone stays in the room with me. I don't want to be left alone, not now."

"I'll send Peter back in until I come back."

I nodded.

He went to the door, unlocked it, and let Peter back in.

"Sorry for throwing you out Peter, I just needed to talk to my daughter."

"No problem, my lord."

Peter came in and sat down next to me on the bed.

"I won't be long Alexandria."

"Okay father."

Father left.

"I heard everything from outside. Are you okay?" Peter asked.

"I'm fine Peter. I'm feeling a lot better, well sort of better. I had another vision. Gabriel and the light raiders are going to try and kill me before the final battle."

"Well if I have my way they won't get to within three feet of you. I promise you that Lex." Peter said taking hold of my hand. He stroked my face with his other hand. "I love you Lex.", he said as he leaned in to kiss me.

"I love you to Peter." We fell on the bed and were kissing passionately, hands roaming all over each other. I was trying to take Peters shirt off and.....

"Ahem!"

We heard from behind us. Father was standing watching us. "Oh, father we didn't hear or see you." I said as I pushed Peter off me.

"It's not a problem. You're allowed to. Just not on my bed okay?", he said laughing.

Peter whispered in my ear. "Maybe you want to go to your own bed?"

I giggled. "Not tonight Peter. Father wants me to stay here with him, if that's okay with you.", I whispered back.

He nodded, gave me a kiss, then left me with my father.

"I'm sorry father, we got carried away."

"It's not a problem. The only thing that I ask is that until you marry you use protection."

"Father did you inform the council?"

"Yes, we've agreed that from now on a member of the council must be with you at all times. Also, security has been tightened and tonight I want you to stay with me okay?", he asked as he kissed me on the head.

"Where will I be sleeping father?"

"In my bed with me, but don't worry I'm not going to touch you.", he added noticing the look on my face. "Why don't you go and get changed for bed. I left clothes in the bathroom for you."

"Thank you father"

I went to the bathroom to change. He had left me a deep emerald green nightdress that left very little to the imagination. I felt a little exposed wearing that in front of my father so when I went out I tried to cover my self up.

"Don't be shy Alexandria, its okay", father said as he came over and kissed me on the head. "You've grown into a fine woman. Come lets go to bed."

I noticed that father was only wearing shorts. He got into one side of the bed and I got into the other. I cuddled up to my father it felt good to be in his arms. I felt safe and secure. Father was stroking my hair when I fell asleep.

When I woke up father was gone. It must have been afternoon, and the snow was falling very heavily. Father had lit a fire so the room was lovely and warm. I didn't want to move but Damien came in.

"You're awake! Lex, your father has requested you presence in the council hall."

"Can you tell him that I'm sleeping I don't want to get up yet."

"I'm sorry, but he told me to wake you. You're going to have to go!" Damien said.

"Okay, but you may tell my father I'm not happy."

Damien laughed and left. I got up and got dressed. When I went out of the room Peter was waiting for me.

"At your father's request, I will take you down to the council room." Peter said, and then he gave me a kiss.

"I'm glad he did." I smiled.

We walked down to the hall. Father smiled when I came in.

"I'm sorry to have to wake you Alexandria, but we needed your presence today. Otherwise I wouldn't have sent for you."

I sat down next to father. There wasn't a fire lit in this room so I was shivering a little. Peter noticed this and threw his cloak round my shoulders. I felt warmer.

"Thanks Peter!"

"Tonight is a very special night as my daughter will take part in the sacrifice for the first time." father said.

"Here's hoping it's not my last." I said under my breath. Peter burst out laughing. Father shot him a look as if to say, "Why the hell are you laughing?"

"I'm sorry my lord. The laugh was in response to something that Alexandria said."

Father gave him more dirty looks. Peter immediately shut up! Father put his hand on my shoulder and I felt the twinge again but this time it was different. I saw it as if it was happing right in front of me. I was sitting on spirit looking over a field. I could hear the thunderous hoofs of horses. I looked round. Our army was very small in comparison with our enemies. Michael rode up to me.

"Your highness I really don't think we can win the war. We're defeated. We need to retreat. I beg you, we need more men." he said.

"Okay we will retreat, but this isn't over." I said.

"Lex? Are you okay?", Peter said.

"I'm fine, just another vision. Why am I getting them so often?" I asked.

"I don't know, but there must be a reason. What did you see?" father asked. "I was standing on the edge of a battle field. Michael came up to me and said that we would be killed if we didn't leave because we didn't have enough men to face our enemy." Father looked at me. "Where was I, do you know?"

"I didn't see you father."

"I think we should stop all ceremonies until we have built up our army."

"Alexandria, I think that's a little extreme don't you?" father said.

"Father, I really think we should build up our army. I'm getting a warning about something. This might be important. If we ignored the visions and entered the final battle, as we are now. Do you honestly think that the light raiders are sitting doing nothing? No! They're building their army and trying to build their royal family. I'm taking over in this case. You know that I can. If you don't do what I say I will remove you from office.", I said and waited for his reaction.

He looked taken aback. "Very well, everything is postponed until further notice although I don't see the point." he said side eyeing me.

"Well maybe you should get inside my head and see what I see. Then you would."

Father was not amused! We spent the rest of the council meeting discussing how we would expand our army. By the time we finished father wasn't happy that I could get one over on him, but he had to live with it for now. By the end of council we had no idea of how to increase our army's size. We decided that we would discuss it at the next council.

I couldn't think of any way to do it, then it hit me! Of course why didn't I think of it sooner it might be difficult but worth a try and anyway it would be a good excuse to get away from the castle for a little while. Anyway although I wasn't sure if father would agree to it but I had to try I went to sleep that night with a little hope in my heart. I was only hoping that it wouldn't be in vain.

I was rudely woken by flash sticking her nose in my back. The cold wetness woke me up. "You little scamp! Are you hungry girl?"

She yapped back in reply so I got dressed and took her down to the food hall. I gave her a breakfast of bacon and sausage which she devoured. Alexander came in when I was feeding her.

"You seem in better mood today, your highness. How are you?" he asked.

"I'm better than what I was, that's for sure. It's better knowing that Jess and I were destined to fight and that it could have gone either way. I'm just glad to be alive. I have an idea of how to boost our numbers but I'm not sure if father will agree."

Alexander looked interested. "What is your idea, your highness?"

I told him my plan. "He might be interested as they can be trusted with you. Obviously, your father won't be able to go with you; because if he did the castle would be gone. It would probably be either me or Michael that would go with you. Run it by him at council."

I nodded. I waited until it was time to go up the council room. When I got there father was waiting, looking over papers.

"Father?"

He looked up. "Alexandria how are you?", he got up and gave me a hug and a kiss.

"I'm fine father and I have an idea for getting more members for our army. It's drastic, but it might work."

I explained my plan to him. He mused over it for a few minutes.

"It would work. It's dangerous, but of course I would insist on a few members of the council going with you."

I was pleased that he was going to agree with my plan.

"I have come to the same conclusion. Would you mind if it was Alexander and Peter?"

"That would be okay, but I want Damien to go as well. Okay?" father said.

"Good! Father, thank you!"

"No! Thank you If it wasn't for you I would still be in that hell I was in. I thought that both you and your mother were dead. I didn't see a reason for living, but you've breathed life into me again. Please take care while you are away, I couldn't deal with life if anything happened to you"

"Don't worry about me. I will be fine and I'll be taking my sword with me. They are the ones that should worry."

"I'm so proud of you. I'm glad I have you as a daughter.", father said. He made me beam with pride. The rest of the council had arrived. When they were all settled father told them the plan.

"So, Alexander, Peter and Damien; would you accompany my daughter on this mission?"

"My lord, it would be my pleasure and honour to accompany and protect your daughter." So said Alexander, Damien, and Peter at the same time. Finally everything was settled. The council was prepared to take a chance on my plan. I was going back to James and Sarah's house.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 64 milliseconds