• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Blood and Ice Ch. 14

Blood and Ice Ch. 14

12

sorry this took so long but i had bad computer problems which are hopefully now sorted

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Fourteen: The Quest For The Sword Of Shadows Part Two

"I don't understand how that's possible." I said

"It's possible because your mother and I mixed our blood lines when we weren't supposed to." father said.

"I don't understand what other bloodline?"

"My bloodline I'm not a born shadow raider."

"Then where are you from father?"

"You will find out when you're ready and can handle the truth." he said, and he wouldn't say anything more on the matter.

"So what has this to do with the shield of shadows?"

"Only the master of the shadows can find any of the mystics of shadows. It is said that they and they alone know the location of the mystics."

"So basically your saying that the only person that could possible know where any of the mystics are is me?"

Both father and Peter nodded.

"Right then we better start looking a bit harder because if Gabriel gets wind of anything before I'm ready I don't think it will be me doing the killing."

Peter laughed. "One thing I need to know Alexandria now that you know part of the truth of our existence. Can we still count on you?" father asked.

"Father I would follow you and mother to the end of the earth and back. This is my family and my home. I would rather die than turn my back on my family. Dose this mean that I will always be a princess?"

"No, when your mother dies as she's not immortal, I will leave to live with my father and you will do the same when your child is old enough to rule on their own."

I nodded, got up, and lifted the torch off the wall and started to go around the bottom of the wall looking for anything that could give me a clue.

"Lex there's nothing here." Peter said.

"No, there's something here I can feel it! Father can you take this for a moment please?"

Father nodded and I handed him the torch. As I was giving father the torch that's when I saw it. If you hadn't been looking out for it you definitely wouldn't have seen it. It was the smallest crack in the floor imaginable.

"Peter, do you have a small knife?"

He handed me a small pen knife. I positioned it over the crack took the hilt of my sword and started to hammer the knife into the crack. I eventually got the knife deep into the crack I started to move it about a bit, finally prizing the crack wide open. I broke around the hole, widening the crack. I couldn't see anything at first. Father handed me the torch back. I held it to the opening and I could see stairs.

"Still think there's nothing here Peter?"

He was lost for words.

"Peter call the rest of the council will you?" father said.

Peter nodded and left.

"I told you that you knew the location of the shield. Just believe your self and you will accomplish your destiny."

"Just out of curiosity, why dose your father think that I would turn my back on the clan?"

"He just thinks that it's too much power in one person. Don't judge your grandfather before you meet him."

"Hasn't he done that already?"

Father laughed. "When you meet him you can prove him wrong."

Father put his arm around my shoulders. "Did I ever tell you that your mother and I are very proud of you?"

I hugged my father tightly as the rest of the council started to fill into the room.

"Why don't we try and open this hole even more to accommodate us." father said.

The council got to work breaking open the entrance, but it would only open enough to accommodate one person at a time.

"I'm going first." I said. I took off my red jacket and my sword. I handed my sword to my father. I slid easily into the entrance I shouted up to my father to hand me my sword. He did then he came after me.

"The rest of you wait until we return. Guard the entrance and the palace!" father shouted up to them.

One of the council handed father a torch. Father then handed the torch to me and then asked the council for an other one. I looked around to see where I was but the only thing I saw was dark wet walls.

"Are you okay Alexandria?"

"I'm fine father."

I led the way. It was like walking through complete darkness. I don't know how long we walked for, but we never stopped. I started to hear something.

"Father, do you hear that?"

He nodded.

"It sounds like running water" he said.

"Can you swim?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "Your mother and I went swimming every summer." he said with a smile on his face.

We carried on until we reached a set of stairs lined with torches. At the bottom of them was a pool of water.

"Fancy getting wet?" I asked with a laugh. We set down the torches, I removed my shoes, sword, and anything else that would weigh me down.

"How about I go see where this take us and then I come back for you father." I said.

"No way! If you go I go so you better take this Alexandria" He said as he handed my sword back.

I nodded. he stripped down to his shirt and trousers I went into the water first it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. I took a deep breath before diving under the water surprisingly it was light underneath the water.

I could see where I was going. there was a stone arch that I went through. I could feel father following me. The stone arch lead to another set of stairs that went up. I followed hoping that there was air. Luckily for us, there was. I reached the surface and waited for my father.

"Where exactly are we now?" I asked.

"I honestly don't know." father said.

I climbed out of the water and followed the stairs. They lead up and then down, finally levelling out. At the end there were large and very heavy looking wooden doors. I looked at father. He nodded. I opened them and stepped through.

I stepped into a extremely large room. There were black pillars. In the middle sat a circular table with an orb in the middle.

"All this for an orb?" father said.

I ignored him and walked up to the table and placed my hands on the orb. Again I saw visions of war and bloodshed only this time I saw someone talking to someone shrouded in black.

He said "My lord, I pledge my life and my soul to your teachings. I will follow you as will all who follow in my bloodline! They will be bound to this deal until Gabriel lies dead in the ground."

The person in black said "Very well, and to seal this pact my son will go with you. Learn your ways. Only when Gabriel is dead will our deal terminate."

It then showed me the location of the next mystic.

"Alexandria are you okay?" He brought me out of the vision.

"I'm fine father."

"Do you know where the shield is?"

I nodded. I found a black cloth, similar to the one the guard gave me.

"Hold this father but don't touch the orb itself." He nodded. I drew my sword, sliced my hand, and drew blood. I walked over to the table. There was an engraving of the serpents in the middle.

I let my blood drip onto the table. As soon as my blood hit the table it started to glow. The table turned and opened. In the middle was a shield of pure sliver with the orb and the intertwining snakes. I picked it up. It was heavy, and big. I strapped it to my back.

"How did you know it was there?"

"The orb."

"You've lost me."

"What do you know about the orbs?"

He shook his head.

"They show the location of the mystics of the shadows. Also I saw something else. Someone making a deal."

"Did you see their faces?" father asked.

"No just their voices."

Father nodded. "How are we going to get back, the shields to heavy to go under water?"

"How about we try that door behind you Alexandria?"

I turned around and sure enough there was a door at the end of hall.

"Do you have pockets in your trousers father?"

He nodded.

"Can you keep a hold of the orb for now?"

"Of course." He said as he put the black cloth containing the orb in his pocket.

We headed to the door. It lead out to a corridor very similar to one we had just came from. This time, however, we had to fumble in the dark as there were no torches in this corridor. I don't know how long we walked for, but I was beginning to get tired.

At the end of the corridor there was a flight of stairs. At the top I paused. I could hear people moving about. I reached above my head it was a stone floor, but I had no idea where we were.

I waited until the footsteps and voices and stopped. Then, I moved the stone slab just enough so that I could see where we were. We were in luck that day, it was Eithidan. It was just a different stone. I lifted off the slab, climbed out, and helped my father out. We must have made a lot of commotion as Peter came running in.

"Lex, thank heavens your okay!" He felt the shield as he hugged me.

"You found it!" he shouted.

I nodded.

Father said, "I think we should arrange a council Alexander, go to the castle and call the council together please."

Alexander nodded and left. Peter, Damien and I collected our things and headed to the stable. Since we didn't have our horses with us we had to share. I climbed on the back of my fathers, Peter climbed onto Michaels, and Damien onto Drake's. We made it to the castle in record time.

They were all excited about the fact that I had found one of the mystics. When we reached the castle the council was ready. We just walked right into council. Mother almost smothered me with a hug.

"Oh Alexandria, are you okay?"

"Mother, I'm glad to see you but your suffocating me."

"Oh, sorry." she said and then she let go.

"Is it true that you actually found one of the mystics?"

I nodded. "We'll explain it all at council mother." I said as I headed up to the council room with mother clinging onto my arm. I took my seat next to father as he began to speak.

"I am very glad to report that my daughter has found one of the three mystics and she plans on finding them all.

Alexandria will you place the shield on the table for us?" father said.

I nodded and placed the shield on the table. Everyone stood up when I had done this.

"Where did you find it your highness? As a clan we have been looking for them for as long we can remember." Drake said.

"It was under Eithidan and I have the location of the armour. It will be more difficult to get, but not impossible. I'm going to need help on this one. I can't do it alone this time. I'm hoping that when we find the armour that the location of the sword will be more obvious to me." I said.

"You know the location of the sword your highness?" John asked.

I nodded. "I don't know how to get there yet, but I'm hoping that with the next orb I will find the next location." I said.

"What do you need us to do Lex?" Peter asked.

"I need a distraction and I need a big one at that. It needs to last at least two hours." I said.

"And where exactly is the armour?" mother asked.

"It's deep within the belly of the execution grounds of the light raiders." I said.

"I'm not going there again!" father said.

"Look father, I don't pick these locations this is where the armour has been hidden and there's nothing I can do about it."

Father nodded.

"Well, your going to need one hell of a distraction your highness!" Drake said.

"That's why I'm asking for help. It's too big for just Peter, Damien and I."

Father looked at me. "Are you certain it's there? It just such a big risk that I want to be sure that what we're looking for is defiantly there." father said.

"Father, when are you going to trust me. If you won't help me then I will have do it alone."

"Are you turning your back on us?" father said.

"Never Father! When will you understand that I'm trying to do this for this clan? Why don't you trust me?"

"Your highness, please try to understand that you're still young and inexperienced. We just want to make sure that you are sure that the armour is there to protect our clan." Alexander said.

"I know that. But why don't you trust my judgement father?" I asked him again.

"Because you are young and this council has more experience." father said.

"Father please, trust me on this. I wouldn't endanger this clan if it wasn't for a good reason. I may be young and inexperienced but please trust my instincts." I looked deep into my fathers eyes.

"I can see in your eyes that you are telling the truth. We head to the execution grounds in the morning. Council dismissed." father said. Everyone left.

I went to leave with them but father said, "Alexandria wait behind please".

I reluctantly stayed behind. "Alexandria I don't want you to think that I was patronising you. It's just that I'm charged with this clan's security."

"Father, I know that! Don't you think that I thought of that before I asked for your help?"

"My apologies Alexandria. I meant no harm. From now on I will trust your judgement. Will you come to your mother's and my room? We would like to talk you."

I nodded, picked up the shield, strapped it to my back, then father put his arm around me and guided me to his room. Mother was on the other side of him. We entered there room.

"I'm just going to get changed." father said. He left for the bathroom.

"Alexandria please don't be hard on your father. He's just not used to guiding a young person. I'm sure he told you he that he was never meant to have a child. He loves you unconditionally!" mother said.

"I know mother. I guess I'm not used to being in this situation. Up until about eight months ago I didn't have any parents, now I have both of you and this responsibility."

Mother nodded.

Father said, "Alexandria, I believe this is yours." as he came back into the room. He handed me the black cloth with the orb.

"Thank you father."

"What's that Alexandria?" mother asked.

"It's one of the orbs. There is another one in my bag that Peter has" I said.

"Are they what I think they are?" mother asked. I nodded.

"Can you use them?" she asked.

"I think so. Can't you mother?"

"No, only someone with the gift of visions can use them. What did you see when you used them?" mother asked.

"I saw past battles and I saw someone making some sort of a deal but I couldn't see their faces." I said.

There was a knock at the door. Father went to the door and I heard him talking to someone who handed him something. Father closed the door.

"Alexandria, I hope you don't mind but I had someone bring you night clothes. I was hoping you would stay the night." father said.

"I'd like that, Father. Were is flash?"

"She's in your room." father said as he handed me the clothes.

"I'll just go and get changed." I said.

I removed the shield and placed it with my sword next to my father's. Then I went to the bathroom. I had a quick wash. I could hear my parents talking.

"She's just scared and overwhelmed Lucifer, just give her time but I'm certain that she knows what she's talking about."

"I know Melissa. I'm just scared of loosing her! On top of that, you know what my father's like. I'm not sure if he will accept her. He doesn't believe that she can handle her powers."

"How can you possibly know that when she hasn't even got her powers yet? Do you trust her?" mother asked.

"Yes I do with all my heart but it's my father I worry about because they will need to meet at some point."

I changed into the nightdress that father had given me and went back into their room. Mother and father stopped talking when I entered. The night dress was a little reviling, but I wasn't caring.

"So what else can you tell me about the orbs mother?"

"What do you know?" she asked. I sat down on the bed next to her. "Not a lot. Just that they contain the whereabouts of the mystics and that only a member of the royal family may touch them." I said.

She nodded. "When you unite all three orbs and place them in the alter of the dammed you can realise and control the army of the dammed." mother said.

"The army of the dammed?" I asked.

"Yes, that's my father's army. He can't use them until they're released." father said.

"When can I meet your father?"

Mother looked at father.

"I'm not sure that would be a good idea. As you know, he thinks that you're too powerful." father said.

I nodded. Father sat down next to me and slid his arm around my shoulder. When he did I felt a twinge in my stomach. I had seen the vision before.

I ran into fathers room the corridors were on fire. "Father!" I shouted as I went into his room.

"He's not here." a voice said. The person turned around, it was Gabriel.

"Where is he?" I said.

"Not here!" he said. He balled up his fist and punched me in the face and everything went black.

"Alexandria", mother said looking concerned.

"I'm fine mother, just a vision."

"What did you see?" father asked.

"Remember the vision I had some time ago about the castle going up in flames?"

Father nodded.

"It was the same one.", I said.

"Was there anything different this time?" father asked.

I looked at him. "Just one thing. Remember that I said it was you that was knocked out by Gabriel?"

Father nodded.

"This time it was me." I said.

Father looked like he was about to faint.

"Are you sure?" mother asked.

I nodded.

"Is this vision for certain?" father said.

"It's the third-" I stopped.

"Third?!" father nearly shouted. Father looked at me. It looked like he was going to go through me.

"When did you see this the second time?" father yelled at me.

"Some time ago. I didn't say anything because I thought it would pass." I said.

"When you see something more than once you can be certain that it will happen, this much I do know about visions." mother said.

Father was pacing the room in a temper. Mother got up and calmed him down.

"I'm sorry Alexandria, but please understand, I'm scared that something might happen to you!" father said.

"Father please don't worry I'll be fine."

I went over and gave him a hug.

"Why don't we get some rest?" mother said.

We both nodded. Mother and I laid down in the bed father climbed in behind me he cuddled up to me and my mother. Before I fell asleep father brushed my hair back and whispered in my ear, "I love you Alexandria. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you."

I turned round and whispered back. "Don't worry father. I had another vision. I saw Peter and I getting married and having a child."

"When did you have this?" he asked.

"When we went to James and Sarah's." I said smiling.

"Did you give birth to a boy or a girl?"

I whispered the answer in his ear, and he hugged me very tightly.

"Can we get some sleep please?" mother said.

Both father and I laughed. I fell asleep with father's arms around me and mother in front of me. I felt like I was home.

A knock on the door woke both father and I. Father said, "Enter!"

The door opened, I could hear Alexander whispering, "My lord, I'm sorry to wake you but we're ready to move out when you're ready." Father nodded.

"Alexandria, wake up! We need to go get your armour."

"okay I'm up."

I went to the bathroom to get changed. I tied my hair up and came back out "where's my armour father?"

"It's here your highness.", Alexander said as he handed me my armour. I strapped it on quickly I pulled on the shield as well as my sword. Alexander handed me my helmet.

Alexander said, "She looks quite the warrior my lord. Just like you, she's defiantly your daughter."

"I wish she looked more like my daughter!" mother said.

"Now where would the fun be in that mother?"

Mother just put her eyes to the ceiling and Father bent down to kiss her,

"We wont be long" he said.

Mother nodded and said, "Look after our daughter"

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Blood and Ice Ch. 14

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 18 milliseconds