• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Changed Ch. 03

Changed Ch. 03

12

Hours had passed as Theo sat, staring intently at the little human female fast asleep on the hospital bed when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"There was nothing they could do for him" him best friend said mournfully. "His wounds were too great for him to recover, and it seems he used his last energy to speak with your human"

Heaving a sigh, Cody sat down next to his best friend. "I've looked into the girl to see who we could contact to let them know that she will be MIA for a few weeks" He let out another heavy sigh "She has no one Theo, her mom disappeared when she was a baby, her dad died about a week ago, that guy, he was the last person she had..."

Theo growled softly, "She has me now, and the pack too."

"I know that, you know that, but she doesn't. You have to be ready for those kinds of emotions to be the first displayed when she wakes up. Which brings me to my next bit of bad news. Brett said that she has to be sedated for a few days to give her time to heal the new wounds she gave herself."

"Since when does the Alpha dictate what happens in the Hospital?" Theo ground out harshly

"Since I told him that I thought it was best if she was sedated," a light female voice responded bluntly"Besides, Brett is very interested in this little human after being able to incapacitate 3 fully matured Fairies. Not just any Faires either, she took down Night Fairies."

Theo slumped his shoulders and groaned while Cody let out a soft chuckle. "Hey there Becca, you're looking mischievous today."

"Why thank you Cody," she said smiling at her brother, before crouching down in front of Theo, "I know you didn't want Brett to find out about this, that for some strange reason you want to keep her hidden, but as the pack doctor, I had to let him know of any possible threat to the pack. You know that. Please don't be mad with me."

Theo groaned again, but he could never stay mad at the pretty, blonde woman in front of him who was as much his little sister as she was Cody's. "I'm not happy with this," his said finally, "but you know that I could never stay mad at you Becca. However, I will be staying here with her and there is nothing either of you," he looked pointedly at Cody "can say to stop me."

Becca sighed and tucked a loose curl behind her ear, "I'm okay with that as long as no more harm comes to the patient. If you being here distresses her in anyway you'll have to leave, and if you won't listen to me or Cody, then I'll have to call Brett, can you promise me that?"

Theo simply nodded, his mind in a whirl about the information he had just received. Night Fairies were truly evil creatures, servants only to the Vampires. One of their main objectives was to find the night's meal for their masters, though there were other, more twisted jobs that they performed as well. There was no telling as to why they attacked the male human. They only ever traveled in groups of two, having four of them there was astonishing. Letting out a harsh breath, Theo realized that it was going to fall to him to figure out all of these questions.

Cody watched the emotions run across Theo's face. With a sigh, he laid a hand on his shoulder and squeezed gently. "Don't worry man, we'll figure this out. just stay here, I'll bring you a plate from dinner." Theo rewarded him with a small smile and a nod, though his eyes were fixed on Becca as she administered the sedative through Karen's IV.

"Come on Sis, lets get out of here and get something to eat," Cody said lightly as he placed a hand on the small of her back guiding her out before she had a chance to protest.

* * * * * * * *

Karen groaned softly as she struggled against the heavy blanket of sleep that clouded her mind. Opening her eyes, she saw that she was in a hospital.

"Josh?" she croaked out, trying to look around through the sleep in her eyes.

The tears started to fall before she could stop them when she realized that he wasn't going to be there for her anymore. All of a sudden she wasn't so sure she wanted to be awake any more. There was no one left for her, she was completely and utterly alone. The sound of footsteps hurrying into her room and her looking around again.

"Josh?" She asked hopefully, blinking to try and focus her eyes.

Theo growled softly, but quickly stopped himself. "No. I'm sorry Ms. DeRusse, Josh is in a better place now."

Karen nodded as fresh tears started to flow. Quickly wiping her eyes, she finally got a look at the man who had walked in, warm honey brown eyes stared back at her, full of kindness and sympathy.

Theo watched as the confusion crossed her face, a small smile forming on his lips. Even with suspicion and tears in her eyes she was sheer perfection. He gave her a few moments to to make the connection in her mind before speaking again.

"Hello Karen, I'm glad to see that you're finally awake. You've been asleep for 4 days, in a medically induced coma to make sure that you healed as fully as you could before the sedative wore off. Is there anything I can get you?" He spoke softly so as not to upset her more.

"I know you," she said, hating the way her voice sounded after not being used for a while. " You're that guy from the other day at my shop, YOU were the person who took me away from Josh!"

Karen bolted out of the bed, grabbing the windowsill to keep from toppling over on her unused legs. She whirled around as she heard the man moving towards her.

"Get out!" she said in a low voice "I never want to see you again!"

"Karen, I'm not the enemy, I'm here to help you, you can trust me." Theo spoke quietly while slowly moving closer to her

"GET OUT!" Karen screamed as she threw one of the plastic chairs at him.

Becca came running into the room, with three nurses on her tail. She took in Karen, leaning against the wall panting and furious, Theo standing a few feet away bleeding slightly from a cut on his cheek, and the bits of broken chair in one sweeping glance.

"Dave," she said calmly, "Please escort Mr. Farland out of the hospital, he has broken his promise and is no longer allowed in this room." she turned to glare at Theo, her normally warm blue eyes as cold as ice.

Really Theo?!? she yelled across the pack bond. What did you do to her?!?!

Nothing! She just woke up.

You made her so upset that she threw CHAIR at you!

Holding up his hands in surrender with a sigh, Theo walked out of the room without another word, followed closely by one of the nurses.

After taking a few deep breaths, Becca turned back to the young girl standing in the corner. "Hello Ms. DeRusse, my name is Becca Hooper, I am the head doctor here at this hospital. I am so sorry that Mr. Farland has caused you any distress. He won't be back in here any time soon." she smiled softly when she saw that at her words Karen started to relax. "Please have a seat, I'm not sure that your body was ready for that amount of activity." she said sweetly with a touch of humor. "Please feel free to ask me any questions you have, while I check your vitals."

Karen relaxed a little more, shooting a worried glance at the other two nurses that were still in her room, and shuffled back over to her bed where she sat down gently, allowing Becca to reattach her to the machines. Immediately she liked the tall blonde that had walked into the room as soon as she started speaking.

Noticing the glance, Becca turned to the nurses dismissing them with a nod before sitting in the remaining chair left in the room. "Now, what can I answer for you?" she asked as she checked the machines.

"I would like to go home," Karen said softly "I have a business to run, and a life that needs gluing back together."

Becca sighed, expecting that to be the first thing said "Unfortunately you are not well enough to go home, there are also some things that need to be figured out before you can leave as well. Do you know what kind of creatures you took down the night of the fight?"

"No, I thought they were human until they wouldn't stay down when I shot them. Even then I thought they might have just been hopped up on drugs or something like that. Are you telling me what Josh was saying is true? That there are other things out there, and that I'm not 100% human either?"

"I can answer the first question, though this is the first I've heard about you not being human. The answer is yes, there are things out there that are not human, things that go bump in the night. Normally they try to stay hidden, but there are the rare instances when they disregard the rules that were set in place. Now, what was it that your friend Josh told you?"

Karen took a few minutes to digest what she had just heard before answering slowly "He said that I was mixed, half human, half Spyrim, whatever that is. Then he did something to my neck, but I don't know what. He also mentioned that there was a chance that he'd be able to come back. Do you really think he'd be able to come back? He's all I have." Karen couldn't keep the tears out of her voice or from leaking down her face.

Becca got up and sat down next to woman and hugged her letting her sympathy show through touch. "I don't know if what he said was true, but I do know that I can have some people go out and see if they can find any information."

She let the woman weep on her shoulder for a while before asking, "Do you mind if I see what Josh did to your neck?" she felt the affirmative nod more than she saw it, as the Karen sat back and turned her right side to her. Becca's eyebrows shot skyward as she saw the faint blue design sitting right under her ear. The design seemed to pulse and move in time with Karen's heartbeat. "I've never seen anything like that, it's gorgeous, if not a little odd," She got up and grabbed a mirror and handed it to Karen, "See for yourself."

Karen gasped as she saw her brand new tattoo. Becca was right, it was beautiful, but it was also scary. She could feel the slight power that seemed to emanate from it, and watched as the swirling sped up in time with her racing heart. "I'm going to take it that this isn't a normal thing in any type of person or creature" she said in an attempt at humour.

"No, I don't think it is, but don't worry, we'll send someone out to go gather information to learn more about both you and Josh." Becca said lightly with a smile "How about I get you some clothes, and we can go for a little walk."

Karen's eyes lit up and she agreed wholeheartedly. A walk would be just the thing she needed to clear her head and get her body started on the road to recovery.

They only walked a few minutes before karen began to tire. Then they headed back to her room where she layed down and immediately fell asleep. Becca left her her number written on a napkin with instructions to call her if she needed anything. After that was done she ran straight to the Alpha's house. The door to Brett's study was closed, so she knocked gently instead of barging in. She was shocked when Theo was the one to open the door.

"What are you doing here?" Her anger from earlier came rushing back "Wanted to make sure Brett heard your argument first? So he'd allow you back in that room to torture that poor woman? You're pathetic!" She finished at a yell. She didn't care if she was speaking out of line, she had grown fond of Karen in their short amount of time together and she wasn't about to sit by at let Theo mess with her.

"Becca," the deep booming voice came from inside the room "Please come in, and I'll fill you in on why Theo is here."

Becca huffed and pushed past Theo to go sit in front of her Alpha, bowing slightly as she approached. "I have information regarding the human patient and what has happened." she said firmly, but without real heat.

"I'm sure you do, but first, Theo was not in here to plead his case. He came in here to see if there were any assignments that he could take to get away from the compound for a while."

"I didn't mean to upset her Becca." Theo said in a defeated voice that instantly deflated her.

"Theo," she groaned softly and shook her head "I'm sure you didn't, but what ever happened, she threw a chair at you!"

Theo chuckled softly, gently touching the already fading cut on his cheek. "Yeah, she certainly is something isn't she?"

Becca sighed and chuckled "Man, you've got it bad," she taunted. "I'm sorry I reacted so badly, you know how I get about my patients. However, if you truly want to get away, I have something that you might find very fulfilling, and you might not even feel bad about leaving." Becca paused as she waited for his answer.

"Well, what is it?" Brett asked "Does this have anything to do with the Night Fairies?"

"Yes!" She said excitedly "Karen was told by her friend Josh that she is part Spyrim, and that he could possibly come back after a while. I think that sending Theo out to figure out what on earth a Spyrim is, and everything about them, he'll be able to figure out why the Night fairies wanted her. Plus, if he was to find out anything about her friend Josh, I think that would win him major brownie points with our little human."

"I don't know," Brett said as he looked thoughtfully to his second "information mining isn't really something that a high ranking beta normally does."

"I would rather do it, than trust anyone else to figure out what my mate is and how to help her. You cannot deny me this Brett. If it was Marla, how would you feel?" Theo asked hotly.

Brett growled softly before seeing the truth of his words. "Okay, you may go, but you must report in every week."

"Of course Alpha." Theo said quickly before bowing slightly and leaving the room.

"At least we'll get our answers quickly" Brett said to Becca "Now, is there anything else you need Hun?"

"Yes," she said sheepishly, "I would like Karen to come live with me once she's released from the hospital. Besides Theo, whom isn't very liked at the moment, I am the only one she knows and I would hate for her to be forced to live alone and not have anyone around. Plus, I can help keep the pack a secret until she is ready to find out about us as well."

Brett raised an eyebrow and thought for a moment. "I don't see why not, if you really think that it's the best choice for her. I'll let the rest of the pack know what will be happening once the human is well enough. Also, you're right, we can't have her learning about the pack too soon so we'll need to be careful."

* * * * * * * *

THREE WEEKS LATER

Karen wiped the sweat out of her eyes and she panted, trying to get her breath back. Sparring with Becca was quickly becoming one of her favorite pastimes, even if it meant getting her rear end handed to her on a silver platter. The two women had been sparring and working out ever since Karen was well enough to leave the hospital.It was slow work, but Karen was almost up to speed, after a few more deep breaths she steeled herself and assumed a block position.

"Really Karen? You want to go again? You're ridiculous!" Becca said with a laugh before she attacked without warning.

The fight lasted a little longer than normal, Karen finally being able to use her body again. It was a spinning back kick that ended it and had Becca kneeling down clutching her wrist.

"Oh my god, Becca, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you! Do you need to go the the hospital?" Karen asked frantically and she rushed over, any feelings of victory dying away.

"It's fine Karen, I'll be fine. I shouldn't have let my guard down." Becca said breathlessly

"Let me see, if it's not broken I can pop it back in place." Karen said as she grabbed her friends arm

"Karen! No!" Becca tried to warn her, but it was too late, Karen held her wrist as the bones reset and began to heal.

Karen sat is shock as she felt the bones knitting themselves back together under her fingers. She looked at Becca, with questions written all over her face.

Becca sighed and then flopped back onto the mat "Man! I'm gonna be in so much trouble!" She groaned again as Karen stared at her "I'm a werewolf," she said matter-of-factly. "Everyone here is, you've been living on a pack compound since you first got to the hospital. I would have told you sooner, but I didn't think you were ready to handle more supernaturals running around. I'm sorry."

Karen sat in shock for what felt like forever. "That means Theo is too, doesn't it?"

Becca groaned. "He's going to kill me for telling you, instead of letting him be the one to do it."

"He won't lay a hand on you Becca, not while I'm around," Karen said with fire in her eyes "It's a good thing he hasn't been around or we would have had words already. He's probably run off to mommy and daddy."

Becca burst out laughing at the thought of Theo running to his parents. "He wouldn't actually hurt me Karen, he's a really great guy, you just have to give him a chance." Karen just harmphed.

"I'm surprised that you're taking this news so well," Becca said looking up at Karen.

"Meh, after what I've been through it wouldn't be the worst thing I've learned, besides that explains some of the things I've been noticing, like how fast and strong you are, or how you never bruise for longer than a day, or how there are dog toys and a collar and leash in your house but you have no dog..." Karen laughed at the look on Becca's face as she mentioned the dog toys.

"You found those?!?" She asked incredulously before she tackled Karen to the ground. "I'll teach you to snoop around my bedroom!"

They were laughing so hard as they grappled on the floor that neither of them noticed the man standing in the doorway until he cleared his throat.

"Theo!" Becca shouted "You're back!" She and Karen untangled and she ran and hugged him. "I've missed your ugly mug around here!"

"I've missed you too Becca, how are things going here? I see that Karen is feeling better." Theo answered with laughter and an underlying heat in his eyes as he watched Karen get up from the mat though she refused to look at him.

"I'll see you at home Becca, meatloaf for dinner." Karen said shortly before taking off towards the duplex she and Becca shared.

Becca put her hand on Theo's chest to stop him from going after her "Let her go. She's still pretty upset with you. Come on, we'll go see Brett and you can tell us about what you've learned."

Within 5 minutes Becca, Cody, Brett and Theo were sitting at one of the large tables in the compound's library. "So Theo, what do you have?" asked Brett.

"Unfortunately I wasn't able to find out anything too deep in relation to the Night Fairies. Vamps are pretty strict on keep any association with them down even though everyone knows that they are connected. As for Spyrims, I've found out some pretty important things which might be why the Night Fairies were after her. The most important thing that I've found is that Spyrims can mate with any creature and suffer no consequences. When mated to a shifter, they are able to retain what they were before the turning as well as gain the animal that they are mated to. So Karen will be able to shift to wolf, and do everything that a normal mate will, but also retain her Spyrim nature as well. The most shocking thing that I've found, which could be why the Night Fairies were after her however, is that any male child conceived by a Spyrim, will be born as a full blooded version of the non- Spyrim parent."

Everyone at the table gasped as they heard the last bit of news. It was unheard of to have full blooded children being born to half breed creatures. This was especially huge for the creatures, such as vampires, who couldn't have children. A pure born vampire would be one of the most powerful creatures to walk the earth.

"No wonder the Night Fairies wanted her." Brett said softly, "I'm sure one of the local seethes is behind the attack on her friend and her. We need to protect Karen at all costs. Not only is she going to be a huge benefit to the pack, but we need to prevent the vampires from getting a hold of her. Good work Theo. Take a couple days to get used to being home again, I would also suggest to staying away from Karen for a little bit, but that's not an order. I need to go call some people, I'll be in my office if any of you need me."

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Changed Ch. 03

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 187 milliseconds