Chinese Takeout Ch. 01

What was I going to do? I started to cry. I just stood there, sobbing, wishing life was like the movies, where a knight in shining armor, or, to be honest, any armor at all, or even without armor, would come and rescue me.

I heard the throaty rumble of that Harley starting up. Jesus, it was loud.

I did look up, still sniffling, as the Harley came slowly around the corner. The noise it made as it came into sight reverberated right through me. I could actually feel it vibrating me. I watched the guy on the bike, handling that growling monster with casual ease. It couldn't be as easy as he made it look. Could it? But God, the muscles on his arms. Just looking at them made me shiver. With the helmet on, those dark glasses, that patched denim vest, the oil and dirt-stained jeans and those huge black boots he looked a little scary.

Scary or not, I knew he liked Chinese buns. And he'd smiled at me.

He was looking right at me as he rode slowly towards me. He slowed to a stop. He stopped. Right next to where I stood, still sniffling, my cheeks wet with tears. That motorcycle engine was so loud. His head turned to look at me, level with mine as he relaxed on the motorcycle, feet firmly planted on the ground.

My heart jumped.

I watched his hand give the throttle a little twist, then something else. I heard the engine growl, then die away. That throaty growl rumbled on for another few seconds before it finally died completely. Silence fell. He was still looking at me. I was looking at him. I glanced around, checking for someone else. He couldn't be looking at me. Could he? But there wasn't anyone else. Just a blank brick wall.

And me.

He took his sunglasses off with one hand, smiling. Without the glasses he wasn't that intimidating at all. His smile was as friendly as it had been around the front. "Hey, I heard you and that guy. You look like you need rescuing. Want a ride home? I promise, no hands, I need them to ride this thing." He grinned and waved his hands in the air.

My heart did a wild little dance. Who said knights in shining armor didn't exist.

He was fishing in his pocket. I realized I hadn't replied.

"Here, wipe your eyes." He passed me a packet of tissues. Oh! My! God! A biker with tissues?

I reached out and I took them. I opened the packet, pulled out a couple of tissues , wiped my eyes. I blew my nose. I made to pass the packet back.

"Keep them." He was smiling. "I heard you and that asshole you were with. Saw him as well." He looked serious now. "If you like, I can give you a ride home." He fished in his pocket and pulled out a cellphone. "Or you can call your parents if you prefer."

God, I was saved! It was like an awful weight lifted from me in an instant. Was he really offering to give me a ride home on his motorcycle? My incipient sniffles turned to a teary smile. "Would you really give me a ride home? You don't mind? I've never been on a motorcycle before. I've always wanted to see what it's like." I was gushing.

Come on Jay-Lin, you're eighteen, you're not a kid, show some self-control. Get a grip.

I took a deep breath.

"Sure, I wasn't doing anything much. Just going for a ride while the weather's still good." His voice. It was low and it rumbled a lot, just like his Harley.

"If it's not too much trouble?" A ride on the back of a Harley? Me? Wow oh wow!

"Hey, wouldn't have asked you if it was too much trouble girl, just tell me where you live." He grinned. That grin just lit me up inside. I was smiling back like an idiot before I knew it.

I gave him my address. It was half an hour away. He grinned as he fired up the map on his cellphone and keyed in the address. "No problem at all, be a nice ride." He passed me his phone. "Now, take a photo of the license plate and email it to a friend or your parents or someone and tell them you're going to call them when you get home. Never ever jump on a bike or get in a car with strangers, okay."

I hadn't even thought of that. I'd never gone anywhere with strangers in my life. I'd never had some guy I didn't even know take me for a ride in a car. Let alone a motorcycle. At least, not without being introduced. And look how well that'd worked out today. I did as he told me too. I took a photo of the plate and emailed it to my older sister, sent her a quick message with it telling her I was going for a ride with a friend and I'd call her when I got home.

"What's your name?" I passed him back his phone.

"Keith, what's yours?"

"Jay-Lin." There was that smile again. It made him look a lot younger. Almost young enough to date. Down, Jay-Lin, I told myself. Then I asked myself "Why?" I already liked him. I'd never liked any of the Chinese guys I'd dated, not much anyhow. And I'd never dated a gweilo. Mind you, I was jumping ahead of myself here. All he was doing was offering me a ride home. And he was an old guy as well. Probably he was just being nice to me. "Just go with the flow and enjoy the ride Jay-Lin," I told myself. "He's probably just being nice to you because you were crying and he heard that asshole Peter. And when are you going to get the chance to ride on a Harley again?"

"Do I sit behind you?" I looked at the seat behind him rather skeptically. It seemed rather small but at least there was a little backrest to stop you falling off. And a couple of footrest thingies to put your feet on. At least, that was what I hoped they were for. It didn't seem like much to keep you secure and safe though.

"Wait a minute." He unbuckled his helmet, looked at it, grinned and gave it to me. "Put this on first, okay."

I took it from him. It smelt nice. Was that what he smelt like? Nice. What did that wording on the helmet mean? Round Out? I blinked at the sticker on the side though. "Ass, Grass, or Gas. No one rides for free." Hang on just one minute. That didn't mean....?

He saw my look and laughed. "You get to ride for free Jay-Lin, okay."

I liked the way he said my name. It made me tingle. "What's Round Out?" I asked.

"My nickname." He grinned as I lifted his helmet and put it on. I didn't know how to do the straps though.

"Here, let me." He smiled, his hands reaching towards my chin. I moved closer to make it easier for him. Close enough to smell him. He smelled wonderful, all masculine and slight sweaty and oily with a hint of deodorant. His hair glinted in the sunlight. His fingers brushed my cheeks, then my chin as he adjusted the strap. I shivered at the touch of his fingers on my skin, shivered at the gentleness with which they brushed me as he buckled and adjusted the strap. For some reason my heart was beating faster. I was feeling a little breathless. My skin tingled everywhere. Weird. But nice. Probably the excitement of going for a ride on the back of a Harley. Me. On a Harley. Cool!

He looked at me. I liked him looking at me. "Do you have a jacket or anything?"

"No. I didn't bring one."

"It might get a bit cold once we're rolling. Tell you what, put this on." He shrugged the denim jerkin he was wearing off. The one with the big patch and all the wording on the back. "It's a bit big but it'll keep you a bit warmer."

I slipped it on. It wasn't just a bit big. It was huge and it came halfway to my knees. Two of me could've fitted inside it. He did it up for me. I watched his hands. Big strong hands but so gentle, so delicate as he fastened his jerkin on me. "What does it say on the back?"

"Southern Booze-Cruisers MC," he said. "The MC stands for Motorcycle Club."

"Is that some kind of biker gang or something?" Suddenly, I wasn't too sure about going to a ride with a guy who belonged to one of those motorcycle gangs. I mean, there was that big shootout down in Waco not too long ago.

Keith grinned. "Naaah, we're not like the Hell's Angels or Cossacks or those guys, they're the one percenters. Southern Booze-Cruisers? We're just a drinking club with a motorcycle problem." He chuckled.

Whatever. It sounded good enough for me anyhow. As long as he wasn't one of those gang guys.

"Now, climb on behind me, your feet go there." He pointed at the footrest that I could see. "The easiest way to sit comfortably is to just hold on to my waist." He grinned. "If you find it a bit scary, just put your arms round my waist and hold on tight." He laughed, looking down at himself. He was big but he didn't have a beer gut. "If you can."

I giggled, liking it that he had a sense of humor. He certainly wasn't full of it like Peter the Asshole. And not a Rolex or a gold chain in sight.

"On you get. I'll take it easy, okay. If you want to say anything, just yell. It'll be noisy when I start her up. Put your foot on that footrest and swing your other leg over."

"Okay." I climbed on clumsily, using his shoulders for support. God, he felt so big and strong. The muscles on his arms were as big as my legs. Bigger. He made me feel like a little doll. The seat was comfortable once I sat down, the padded black leather cool under my butt. I did kind of regret the short-shorts though. That black leather was hot. My legs nestled either side of his hips and legs as he sat easily in front of me. Perched behind him, my seat higher than his, I found I could just see over one of his shoulders if I eased my head sideways a bit.

"Hang on to me now." He started the engine.

Wow!

My hands clutched at his waist, gripping tightly as the Harley rumbled into life, the whole motorcycle vibrating. It really didn't feel that secure. I eased myself forward, closer to him, leaning into his back, my arms going around his waist so that I could hold on, tight. That felt better, although now I was pressed tightly up against his back, my face brushing the back of his head. And he'd been right, I couldn't get my arms all the way round him. But I got a good grip around his waist. No fat. He was definitely in good shape. I could feel the muscle under my hands. His hair smelt wonderful, all tangy masculine scent and shampoo. The growling throb of the Harley's engine vibrated right through my body. He put the bike into gear and slowly pulled away from the curb.

He turned his head slightly. "Want to say bye to your friends." He was laughing.

I giggled, clutching at him as the bike wheeled around to go back the way he'd come. "Yes please."

He was still laughing. He'd known I'd want to do that. He was right of course. I did.

The Harley growled as he eased around the corner. I kind of leaned with him as he turned even though it was a bit scary. He pulled up alongside Ginny and Jiffy and Peter. They were still talking, Peter acting the nonchalant asshole, although Ginny did look worried. I'll give her that.

Until they saw me on the back of the bike.

Ginny's eyes widened in shock. Jiffy blinked. Peter flushed, looking angry.

"Don't worry about giving me a ride home Peter, I've got a ride - and don't bother calling me again either, okay." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Jay-Lin ..." Ginny was upset and panicking, I could tell.

"It's okay, I'll call you tonight Ginny." I gave her a quick smile, then slapped Keith's shoulder lightly. "Let's hit the road, Jack."

I have no idea where that line came from but slapping his shoulder and using that little phrase from nowhere just felt so natural and right. So did holding on to him tightly, pressing myself up against his back as he gently eased away.

"You cheating little bitch." I heard Peter yelling out clearly. Without looking, I flipped him the finger. Another first that just seemed to come naturally.

The low growl of the Harley's engine turned into a throaty roar, setting off car alarms across the car park as Keith gave the throttle a twist, sending us surging across the parking lot towards the exit. I would have squealed with excitement except I didn't want to sound like a silly little fangirl. But I did sort of hold onto Keith tighter than I needed to. It felt good to hold him tight. He slowed, eased around and onto the road. Peering over his shoulder, I felt rather than saw him twist the throttle. The Harley's rumble turned into a throbbing growl as we rocketed down the street.

I held on a lot tighter. And not because it felt good.

I loved it. That throbbing growl. The smell and feel of him as I held on tight. The way people in cars looked at us as we roared past them. Always when I'd seen a motorcycle before, it'd been me looking out the car window as a motorcycle roared by, looking at those girls perched on the back with slightly envious eyes. Now it was me sitting there, seeing those same slightly envious looks directed at us.

At me.

What a buzz.

I'd never imagined being on the back of a motorcycle could be like this. It was better than I'd ever imagined.

"Liking it?" Keith turned his head after we'd come to a stop at a red.

"Oh yeah," I said without even thinking. "This is so wild. I love it." I did.

The light turned to green. Keith pulled away quickly, I held on, enjoying it as we followed the parkway along the river towards home. To start with, the way Keith leaned the Harley over as we followed the gentle curves made me tense. Once I got used to it, it seemed natural to just relax and lean into those corners with him.

"Good girl," he yelled over the wind and the engine noise as we leaned into another curve in the road.

I didn't bother trying to reply. I just smiled as the wind washed my face, brushed my legs, flapped the denim jerkin I wore, gripping Keith a little less tightly now. But I still pressed up against his back. I liked the feel of him pressed against me, so big and so strong. I wanted to stroke those arms, feel the muscles there. I wanted to touch them to see what they felt like. This was just so cool. Half an hour of this wasn't nearly long enough. We were cruising along now, part of the traffic, which wasn't particularly heavy. Saturday afternoon shoppers mostly I guess.

"You okay if I go a bit faster?" He was yelling again.

Faster? My heart jumped. Nervousness? Excitement? Both really. "Okay," I yelled into his ear.

"Hold on then. Yell if you want me to slow down."

I held on.

That growl grew faster. Deeper. Louder. Bellowed. Keith pulled out into the fast lane, taking us past the car we'd been sitting behind. Dad driving, Mom in the passenger seat. Two girls in the back, one around my age, one younger. Both looking at us. I waved at them with one hand as we went past, laughing, exhilarated by the looks on their faces. Faster still. The Harley thundering down the highway. I had no idea how fast we were going but whatever it was, we were passing everything on the parkway.

Beneath me I could feel the Harley's throbbing vibration, I could hear a thundering growl of sheer noise and power, I could see the other traffic on the road parting before us. Where they didn't get out of our way, Keith wove the Harley around them, easing casually from lane to lane, overtaking them with nonchalant ease. My heart was pounding almost as loudly as the Harley's engine but in my case die to sheer excitement as we cut in front of an SUV with a dozen feet to spare before flying past a couple of cars and cutting back to take a small truck on the inside.

He eased off the throttle. We slowed, curved off on the exit that would take me home, slowing more, the exhilarating rush of that thundering ride fading with our slowing speed. Riding the suburban streets towards home didn't feel the same, although it still felt like nothing I'd ever experienced before to sit behind him as the Harley growled down the road. Now we were getting looks from neighborhood kids playing on their parents' front lawns. A group of teenage boys standing around a car at the side of the road turned to gawk. Keith saw that. I heard him laugh.

"You don't get many Harley's around here." We were going slowly enough that I only had to talk loudly, not yell to be heard.

"Bet you don't get many hot chicks on the back of them round here either."

Did that mean he thought I was a hot chick? My cheeks burned. I'd never been called a hot chick before. I kind of liked it when he said that. I wondered if he really meant it. But he was so old. Way older than me. He was probably just being nice to me. I was still thinking confused thoughts when we pulled into my parents' driveway.

"This the right place?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said. I really didn't feel like getting off. I didn't want to stop holding him either.

He turned the engine off. That low "potato potato potato" rumble as the engine idled died away.

"You can let go now." He was laughing at me. "But only if you want to."

Blushing, I let go of him, rather clumsily swinging myself off. He swung himself off as I fumbled at the chinstrap for his helmet.

"Here, let me do that Jay-Lin." He was smiling down at me. Standing, I realized just how big he was. Six foot maybe? Tall and very solid. Those arms of his were so muscular. Like he did weights. He made me feel like a petite little china doll. But his hands were delicate as he undid his helmet, gently easing it from my head, placing it on the Harley's handlebars. I couldn't stop myself just looking and looking at him. Until I realized old Mrs. Purvis from next door had paused her gardening and was watching us with blatant curiosity.

"Would you like to come in for a coffee?" I threw caution to the winds.

"Sure, love too." That smile again. His cheeks dimpled when he smiled. He followed me round to the front door, then inside and down the hallway to the kitchen.

"Nice place," he was looking around.

"Thanks." I suddenly felt tremendously shy. I'd never invited a guy home before. Not ever. Now I was home alone with a biker. Now I felt a little nervous as well as shy. "Would you like a beer instead of a coffee, there's some in the fridge?"

"Coffee's fine, I gotta ride home." He grinned as he pulled up a stool at the breakfast bar. I could feel his eyes looking at me as I measure the coffee into the percolator, added water and flicked it on. I tingled. Everywhere. Knowing he was looking at me had me a little short of breath.

"So what do you do Jay-Lin, you at College?"

I blushed. "I'm in my last year at High School," I admitted after a second. I felt like such a baby. "What about you?"

He grinned. "Bit of this, bit of that. Work for myself. Give myself time of when I want it."

"That must be nice."

"Oh yeah, means I can ride whenever I feel like it and the weather's right. Like today."

"I'm glad you were. I mean, thanks so much for that ride home. That was just so amazing."

"You liked it?" He was grinning at me.

"I loved it. That was just so wild, I wish I could do that again. I wish my friends could've seen me with you." I did. I really did. That ride had been such a buzz. I still felt the exhilaration.

He laughed. "Well, a couple of them did."

"Not them, I was thinking about those cats at my High School, they'd be so jealous." They would be. Some of them made fun of me because I didn't have a boyfriend. They dated guys like Peter. Assholes.

Keith grinned. "Want to come for a ride again?"

My heart leapt. "Really? You mean that?" He wasn't teasing me was he?

"Wouldn't ask if I didn't mean it. Want me to pick you up from outside your High School and take you for a ride?"

"Oh yeah!" Okay, I squealed like a fangirl. I did. I was so excited. And yes, I admit it. I did want to go for a ride. With Keith. There was something about him and it wasn't just his Harley. Those cats at school would be so stunned. Although that wasn't the first thought that occurred to me. More like the last.

He laughed again. "Okay, you're on. Gimme a day, a place and a time, okay."

I thought. I thought fast. It wasn't hard. Mom and Dad always worked late Wednesday nights. "Wednesday this week. Three fifteen, Saint Bernadette's Catholic High School on Truman Avenue."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds