• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Circle7: World on Fire Ch. 03

Circle7: World on Fire Ch. 03

12

Circle7: World on Fire Ch.03

"Luke battles Heaven and Hell; The Devil gets his due."

*Author's Note: Hello again for the last time for this particular series! It's been a ball writing it, but I need a break from the supernatural. Who knows, maybe Luke will show up again later down the road. He's really fun to write, after all. A couple of things before we get to the good stuff. First of all, if you are in any way going to be an asshole about me blaspheming/being a heretic/whatever is up your ass because I turn Lucifer into a relatable character, just stop reading now. Go away. Try one of my other stories that aren't supernatural. Anything but getting to the end and being uptight because there are biblical characters. Second, if you're not a fan of the story and decide to rate it low, take the time to comment and tell me why! I can't make my next story better if I don't know what's wrong with this one, after all. Finally, this is more the culmination of a story than it is a sex romp, so if that's what you're looking for...well, I warned you. As always, if my writing isn't your cup of tea, no hard feelings. Just put the cup down and leave. Enjoy!*

******

"COME AND GET HER, BROTHER."

Luke couldn't help but stare at the twisted message composed of the unlucky guests' limbs. Some things made sense now, even as more questions arose. Metatron's search for Michael hadn't been successful because Michael hadn't been in Heaven or on Earth. He'd been hiding out in Hell.

But that didn't make sense. What were angels and demons doing working together? Luke was sure he had smelled the rank ichor of demons among the angels that had attacked. Why would demons ever follow Michael, of all angels? During the original war in Heaven, Michael had been the commander of Father's army, leading the charge to drive the demonic outside the Gates. Luke couldn't understand why they would ever take orders from him, even under pain of death.

But none of that mattered. Michael had Britney, and Luke needed to go after her. Limping heavily, Luke dragged himself outside the ballroom to find a massacre. Michael's army hadn't stopped with the guests of the gala. They had torn a giant swath through the resort like rabid dogs, destroying everything in their path. Cars were overturned and smoking, large patches of the once-beautiful foliage were smoldering, and the broken bodies of the resort's guests were strewn about like litter.

Luke was no stranger to violence; of course, having inflicted far greater harm in his time as King of Hell, but for an Archangel to do this...it was beyond comprehension. Mindless. Even in his madness, Michael should not have fallen so far.

So lost was Luke in his thoughts that he didn't feel the angelic presence behind him until it was almost upon him. Turning too slow once again, Luke could only brace before he was slammed into the railing, a hand on his throat immediately.

"What have you done now, Lucifer? Were you not satisfied with the mischief and corruption in your club? What did these innocents do that you felt the need to wantonly murder so many? WHY?!?"

As Luke struggled, he began to recognize the features of his attackers through his blurred vision. The sandy brown hair, waving in the fierce wind generated by his anger, the boyish good looks that were visible through the rage on his face. They could belong to only one angel. Luke choked out a reply as spots danced before his eyes.

"Gabriel...Gabriel, it wasn't me...Michael..."

Luke felt the pressure loosen as Gabriel stood back, taking in Luke's sorry state for the first time.

"What happened to you, Lucifer? There was a time when you were the greatest of all us, save Michael. Who did this to you? I sensed no one else while I followed you from Seattle."

"You should know, Gabriel. Aren't you the Watcher? Isn't that what you do, always flitting around spying on everyone without having the gall to actually matter? Angels, Gabriel. Angels did this to me. While working with demons."

At this, Gabriel backhanded Luke, sending blood flying from his face in a wide spray before spitting on the ground in front of him.

"How dare you, Belial! No angel would work with a demon. Not willingly. As if the angelic would stoop so low." Gabriel's face only hardened as Luke began to laugh mirthlessly.

"You really must not have been paying attention, Brother. You can call me Belial, Abaddon, the Great Dragon, it doesn't matter. None of the old names do. Go upstairs and take a look, would you? It sure wasn't me that carved the humans up like cattle just to send a message."

Gabriel was gone and back in a flutter of invisible wings, looking visibly shaken.

"Lucifer...if not you...who did this?"

"I've been trying to tell you, Gabriel. It was Michael. He's completely lost it. I was here hiding from him with my companion. By the way, that's who he's referencing when he says 'come and get her', so I really don't have time to sit around shooting the breeze with you. I don't care if I have to tear down the Gates of Hell, I'm bringing her back."

"Not in that shape, you aren't. I'll make you a deal, Lucifer. Tell me what's going on, and I mean everything, and in return I'll heal you."

Luke snorted. "Can't be done, Brother. Once again, I seem to be a unique example of the Divine."

But Gabriel persisted, and so Luke went back to the beginning. Circle7. Britney and her awakening as a Nephilim. Michael's crazed insistence that the human race had become irredeemable and his attempts to flood the Earth again as in days of old. Luke described the terrible battle with his brother, Father's intervention, the loss of his wings, and everything that had happened since. As Luke spoke, he watched Gabriel's face get darker and darker, until he finally stood as Luke finished his tale.

"Much as it pains me to say it, it would seem you and I have a common cause. So I'll do more than send you on your way to Hell. I'll join you."

As Luke took Gabriel's extended hand, the Watcher Angel's eyes flared a familiar blue, and Luke felt new life seeping into his bones. He stood tall, strong again but still diminished.

"Much better. My thanks, Watcher. Does this mean you're going to get off your angelic ass after all these millennia and get your hands dirty?"

"Make no mistake, Lucifer. We are not friends, you and I. But if this is truly Michael's doing, then he must be stopped. Even if it means allying myself with the Deceiver."

Luke shook his head in disbelief.

"Very well, then, ignore me and call me whatever you want. One small problem, though. We can't just waltz into Hell. The Gates are impenetrable. Even I can't just stroll back down there."

"But I can. Watchers have to be able to watch, don't they?"

"My, my! So the voyeur has some use, after all."

"Be careful, Lucifer. I may need you, but don't forget you're speaking to an Archangel."

"Gabriel, my boy, If I gave a shit about the hierarchy of angels, I'd probably not be the most hated angelic being in all of Creation."

-----

Gabriel was true to his word, taking hold of Luke's shoulder, and in a flash, they were inside the Gates of Hell.

"Now what, Lucifer?"

"You're asking me?"

Gabriel sighed in exasperation. "This was your domain for countless centuries, was it not?"

That was true enough. Luke took stock of their location. It appeared as though Gabriel had brought them to the 2nd circle of Hell: Lust.

"Well, hate to offend, Brother, but we're in Lust now. Exit's this way, buuut..."

"But what, Lucifer?"

Luke grinned. "We may have to fuck a few people."

-----

Lust, contrary to most people's belief, was not some pleasure den where men and women got to have passionate sex for all eternity. Rather, it was a depraved plane where one's greatest sexual desires were warped and twisted against them. As they walked among the denizens, Gabriel could see all manner of sexual horror. Men that enjoyed dominating women were bent over pillories to be flogged and sodomized. Women that preyed on children were pursued relentlessly by giant, misshapen infants, teeth bared to sharp points. Gabriel could barely look, while Luke walked on with little interest.

"Does this...disgusting display not horrify you, Lucifer?"

Luke looked around at the Archangel, eyebrows raised. "This is only the 2nd circle, Gabriel. The horrors of my former domain get much, much worse."

They were nearing the stairway that led downward, toward Gluttony, when their path was barred.

"Who would pass through the domain of Lust?"

Luke strode forward, grinning broadly. Maybe they wouldn't have to fight, if he could charm his way out of this.

"Lilith, is that you, my dear? You're looking radiant as ever! What a healthy glow you seem to have."

The being in front of them was beautiful indeed. Flowing, silky red hair framed an innocent-looking, doe-eyed face. Her body was a work of art, every curve the pinnacle of male fantasy, every inch of ivory skin smooth and flawless. Even Gabriel's pious eyes couldn't tear themselves away.

"Mmm, Lucifer. Rumor said that you had left us for good. For a human, no less."

"Oh, nonsense, Lil. I was just taking a vacation, and now I'm back! Did you miss me?"

Lilith seemed to glide as she moved, twining between Gabriel and Luke, slender fingers caressing their skin.

"I always miss you, Lucifer. The humans you send me are never quite as...resilient as you."

Gabriel gave Luke a questioning look that Luke pointedly ignored. "I'm so sorry, love. Been on vacation, you know. But look, my dear. I've brought you a special treat! An Archangel for you to play with."

Gabriel began to protest, but Lilith took Luke at his word, grasping the sides of Gabriel's face firmly and kissing him languidly. Gabriel's jaw went slack and his eyes glazed over.

"Oh, Lucifer, you always give me the best toys."

"Now, Lilith, nothing permanent. Send him down to Violence when you're through, won't you?"

"Of course, sire."

With a grin, Luke began to descend the steps to Gluttony, even as Lilith bore Gabriel to the ground, straddling the hapless Archangel and beginning to ride fiercely.

Luke grinned as he made his way down the stairs. It may have been a dirty trick to play on Gabriel, but the fewer disturbances they caused on the upper Circles, the less likely it was that Michael would be prepared for them Below. Besides, Lilith wouldn't cause Gabriel any permanent damage...probably.

Luke descended quietly through Gluttony, passing by the horrors of those that had stuffed themselves with food and drink on Earth. Here in Gluttony, they were forced to eat from troughs of slop until their stomachs burst, only to have the viscera added to the foul mixture and forced to eat anew. Luke ignored their cries for help, knowing that the demons tending them would raise an alarm.

He was not challenged further as he descended until he reached the 6th Circle: Anger. Here, everyone fought constantly, the victors pitted against each other until there was one winner. He was, however, a champion in name only, for as soon as he won, he would be born again in the muck of blood and gore as the weakest among them. Those that fought their way through their lives were doomed to do so forever. Even Lucifer could not pass through this Circle unmolested, and he was soon challenged by an angry human, screaming in his face as spittle flew.

It was, of course, an easy task for the former King of Hell to send the human flying. However, such a display of strength also brought the demonic keepers around. As two of the impish creatures kept Luke busy, a third ran back the way he had come, clearly intent on sounding an alarm. Luke panicked for a split second, when a red flash of light split the air, depositing Gabriel on top of the fleeing imp.

"Ah, perfect timing, Brother."

Gabriel groaned as he rose, twin daggers already ready as he cut down the stunned demon and turned towards Luke in the same motion.

"Don't ever leave me alone with that...that thing again."

Luke took advantage of his own foes' distraction and clapped their heads together, sending them sliding to the ground unconscious, unable to help a sly grin.

"Why, Brother? What did she do?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Ohhh, did she do that one thing where she snakes her tongue-"

"I said I don't want to talk about it. Ever."

Luke's grin faltered as he looked over Gabriel's shoulder. The commotion caused by their fight had attracted more attention. There were a dozen demons rushing toward the pair. Gabriel turned as he saw Luke's expression, and quickly stooped to pick up one of the fallen demon's tridents and offer it to Luke, who only smiled.

"Lucifer, this is no time for games! You need a weapon!"

Luke's grin only widened as he reached above his head.

"I agree, Brother. But tridents aren't to my liking. Didn't you ever wonder why I was called Morningstar?"

As Luke reached above his head, Gabriel saw the air shimmer, then coalesce into one of the largest weapons Gabriel had ever seen. It was a ponderous morningstar, the head twice the size of Gabriel's own, with wicked spikes protruding from every angle, connected to a thick chain attached to a menacingly pointed haft. Luke's grin returned at Gabriel's wide-eyed look.

"Size matters."

Gabriel snorted in disgust. "This is no time for jokes, Lucifer."

"Surprisingly, I agree."

Then there was no time for words as the demons set upon them, vicious in their intensity. Gabriel was like lightning among them, slipping under the reach of their tridents to slash and tear at their exposed bodies. Luke was less delicate, his enormous morningstar knocking aside his opponent's weapons with ease, the backswing dealing punishing blows into the demons. The two brothers made short work of their foes, leaving Luke panting to catch his breath. Gabriel wasn't too tired to notice.

"Are you alright, Brother?"

"Fine. My stamina isn't quite what it used to be. Losing your wings is a bitch."

The two continued on through Anger without further opposition, but Luke knew what lay ahead. The 7th Circle: Violence. While Anger was a place where the damned were forced to fight, Violence was where the damned died. Again and again, tortured and flayed, broken and beaten, the denizens of Violence had the pain and suffering they inflicted during their lives thrust upon them tenfold. Unfortunately, it was the only way to get further down, into the Malebolge of the 8th Circle. That descent was guarded by the legendary Minotaur, a fierce man-bull hybrid that breathed fire.

Unlike his sordid relationship with Lilith, Luke had never gotten on well with the Minotaur. It was a mindless brute, with no appreciation for subtlety or manipulation. Of course, being the Gatekeeper of Violence didn't really call for much in the way of guile.

"Gabriel, we should take a different route down. The commotion will have alerted the lower levels. They'll be ready for us now."

"It'll be fine, Lucifer. We need to stop Michael as soon as possible. We can't afford to backtrack or take the long way around. Besides, you saw how easy it was to deal with those demons. You might not be strong enough to fight angels right now, but demons are weaker by Design."

"Lesser demons, yes, Gabriel, but-"

"Enough, Lucifer. We go forward."

Unfortunately, just as Luke predicted, all of Violence was waiting for them. The narrow, twisting corridors of the Circle acted like a funnel, keeping the demons from surrounding Gabriel and Luke but turning their journey into an unending slog of viscera and gore. They howled and screamed as they attacked their former master, ravenous for Luke's head. As Luke swung his oversized morningstar, pulping the head of a demon, he called to Gabriel.

"Take a left up ahead!"

"What? The path lies forward!"

"And it will take us years at this rate! Left! Now!"

Diving through the door, Luke and Gabriel slammed it shut behind them, the horde of demons beating on the barrier ceaselessly. Gabriel turned to Luke with a scowl.

"Now what, Lucifer? You've led us straight into an empty room."

Panting from exertion, his body already beginning to tire, Luke still managed a daring grin as he replied.

"There's more than one way to get past Violence. This really never was my favorite of the Circles, so I had a back door installed. Well, tunnel, really. I used to come back from visiting Lil and hop down the slide to reach the 9th Circle. I know it's around here somewhere..."

Gabriel went red with anger as he teed off.

"Somewhere? SOMEWHERE? You mean to tell me you trapped us in here without knowing for certain if we could even get out?!?"

Even as he yelled, however, Luke was moving aside a hidden section of wall that had been indistinguishable from the rest of the room.

"You were saying? We can drop down here, then it's just a short run to the tunnel. If we're lucky, no one will have found it all these years." Luke dropped down out of sight. Gabriel followed, squeezing into the narrow hole and falling sharply as he called down.

"And if we're unlucky?"

Gabriel landed heavily as Luke replied.

"Well...that."

As Gabriel stood he saw what Luke was pointing at. The corridor they were in was short, ending in a very small tunnel, barely enough for a man-sized being to dive through.

Standing in front of the tunnel was the Minotaur.

It was an imposing beast, fully twice the size of Luke or Gabriel. Steam hissed from its nostrils as fetid drool dripped from wide, curling lips to sizzle on the floor. Massive horns curled upward from its ugly head into deadly points, and though it stood on the legs of a bull, its torso was that of a bodybuilder, large muscles rippling all along the bronze skin. It held a gargantuan double-sided axe in its powerful hands, gripping the haft tightly as it advanced on the intruders. Luke did his best to placate the monstrous creature.

"Now, now, easy there, big boy. Tell you what, after we tear Michael limb from limb, we'll bring you a few heifers from Earth. You can go to town on them, never been touched, Grade A USDA Prime!"

The Minotaur was unimpressed. It hefted the battle-axe high and brought it down with unerring speed, Luke and Gabriel only barely able to get out of the way. Luke tried to keep it busy, whirling his morningstar in a blurring figure-eight pattern. The Minotaur was undeterred, knocking aside the ponderous morningstar like a beach ball, then reversing it to drive the pommel into Luke's gut and face Gabriel. The former King of Hell went flying, careening against the wall. He bounced up quickly, only to note that the demons above had finally broken through the door. They were dropping down as quickly as the hole above would allow, quickly filling the entryway.

As he battled the Minotaur, ducking under the wide, sweeping blows, Gabriel realized their position was untenable. He had massively underestimated the Minotaur, Gabriel's daggers nowhere near long enough to get inside the great bull's formidable reach. Furthermore, the demons from Violence were nearly upon them. The Watcher Angel knew there was only one option remaining to them. Gathering his strength, he called out to Luke.

"Run, Lucifer! Get to Michael and stop him! I'll hold them off!"

Taking the Archangel at his word, Luke sprinted for the tunnel, even as angelic fire erupted all around him. Gabriel had immolated himself, burning so hotly that not even the Minotaur's affinity for fire allowed it to pass.

Scarred and smoking, Luke tumbled down the small entrance, careening about as the slide grew steeper and steeper. He shot out and struck the opposing wall at high speed.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Circle7: World on Fire Ch. 03

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 93 milliseconds