• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • Contact Sports Ch. 02

Contact Sports Ch. 02

12

I waited in the lobby the next morning, trying to look casual, failing miserably. My face glowed when I saw Steve walk in and head for me. How'd I get so lucky? One of the most eligible bachelors in England was coming to pick me up. Me! So much for 'the sophisticated woman of the world ennui' approach. Who am I kidding? I was excited as a kid in FAO Schwartz salivating over the toys. Try not to make an ass of yourself please Marie.

"Hello Gorgeous. How are you this morning? Ready for an adventure?" Steve smiled and lit up the room. He was dressed in jeans and a sweater and looked really really good. His hazel eyes warm and inviting. I stepped to him and boldly reached out to kiss his cheek.

Rocking back onto my heels I said "Good morning to you. I had the hotel pack a picnic lunch for us. I hope you don't mind."

Laughing he pulled me into a hug that left me disoriented, listening to his heartbeat. One of my favorite activities when I am close to a man. "Let's get out of here." Holding hands we exited the hotel and ran to his car without a care in the world.

Fastening my seatbelt I glanced at Steve. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. I hope you have lots of energy today."

'Ohhh! I love surprises." I sat back and let him drive, humming Green Day's 'Time of Your Life'. Steve picked up on the tune and we hummed in unison. I hadn't had much of a chance the day before to see the scenery and I was content to look around. The sun was bright and the day filled with promise. Steve soon pulled up to what looked like a youth center and parked.

"What's this?"

"I thought I might take an opportunity to teach you something about soccer. I coach kids in the fundamentals of soccer and figured you could help out today." This was not something that I knew he did. What a treat I thought to myself, I am going to get a glimpse of him that most of the world didn't know.

We arrived at the field to watch what seemed like swarms of kids moving in graceful patterns. Steve rounded everyone up to introduce me and instructed the kids that they were going to have a chance to teach the American about soccer. I blushed at my inexperience but was looking forward to it.

One little girl, named Olivia, with blonde ringlets and freckles led me by the arm over to a ball. I took little swipes at the ball, showing enthusiasm but not much polish. Soon a whole bunch of kids were cheering me on, calling out instructions and tumbling around like puppies. I was laughing when I fell to the ground. The kids 'woo hooed' and jumped on my back and held on for dear life. The breath knocked out of me, a hand reached in to help me back up. Even with Steve's help I had little monkeys clinging to me.

Grinning, looking up at him, he kissed me. "You are adorable Marie." Wow! First kiss! Any hopes of recovering my breath disappeared out the window. That friendly kiss had me tingling all over my body. Something of what I was feeling must have communicated itself to Steve as his eyes dilated. Shakily I pulled myself together as the kids laughed. Their joy was infectious.

Ruefully I snuck a last peek at Steve and went back to being drilled on how to kick the ball between my legs and trying short passes. Every once in awhile I would seek him out and watch as he had his share of kids working on longer passes. I marveled at how they all were able to do this without their hands. A tiny hand tugged mine. I looked down to find Olivia in tears.

"What's wrong sweetheart?"

"I feel funny. Hot." I felt her forehead which was burning up.

"Oh love, you have a fever. Let's go see if we can take care of that." And we walked off the field to the center; I called over to Steve to let him know what was going on.

I got directions to the dispensary from the bored teenager behind the desk and we continued to the back. I explained to the nurse who I was and what seemed to be happening with Olivia. I continued to hold her hand as big tears rolled down her cheeks. She leaned into the curve of my body, so trusting. I smoothed my free hand over her ringlets, crooning tunelessly. Soon enough she was asleep, cradled in my arms. The nurse going to call her mother to come pick her up. Feeling a presence, I looked up. Steve was standing in the doorway, with a tender look on his face. Goosebumps appearing on my arms at his look. He walked over and stroked my hair. His nearness having my system go haywire once again.

"You look so natural sitting there. I never asked. Do you have children yourself?"

"No, I don't. One day I hope to though."

"Let me just say that you definitely have the temperament. You are so calm and obviously Olivia is taken with you." I blushed.

"It's nothing. I have nephews and I adore kids. Thank you for bringing me. I liked coming."

"You are welcome. You did great by the way."

I laughed. "No, I didn't. But you are kind enough to say so. I just might be able to recite all the positions."

"Careful. I plan to quiz you later!"

We stayed like that; talking desultorily until Olivia's mum arrived. She thanked everyone profusely and bent to lift Olivia from my arms. Olivia woke momentarily to smile at me. I felt bereft without her weight in my arms. Steve sensing my shift in mood wrapped his arms around me from behind. I leaned into him watching his hands link in front of my belly. His soft lips nuzzling my neck, warming it, a flush spreading over my body as I sighed in contentment. He felt so good and I felt so comfortable there. I needed to be careful. I was leaving in another two days. But for now this felt right.

*****

Soon enough it was time to go. We embraced each other by the waist and walked back to his car. Still not sure of what the day's agenda held, I waited patiently as Steve drove further away from the city to the surrounding countryside. We stopped at a roadside stand to pick up a container of fresh lemonade and continued our jaunt for another ten minutes turning onto a dirt lane. Soon a lovely crystal lake appeared. No one was around either.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"It's private property. No one is here."

"Oh, I didn't see any signs." I laughed and stretched.

"It's mine Marie. I own ten acres and this little pond is a part of my property. This is the back entrance. Come on; let's see what your picnic lunch holds." Grabbing the basket and a blanket from the trunk we headed for the cool shade provided by the stately Elm holding sway.

Spreading the blanket, I dropped to my knees and watched the ripples on the pond from the slight breeze. Chirps from the birds, fluffy clouds and the sun had peace descending over me. Relaxing on the blanket, I watched Steve open the basket.

"Mmmm! Fried chicken, potato salad, salad, rolls and half a cherry cobbler and a bottle of good wine, a Riesling. This is a feast!" Steve grinned lazily. "Plates, cutlery, glasses and napkins. Everything is here."

He was putting everything on plates or in glasses. We ate and drank and talked. Once we finished, I scootched over into his arms and we napped. Feeling safe and protected I snoozed into the early afternoon. Splash! Startled awake I sleepily looked over at the lake, a widening ripple apparent with no Steve in sight. Bubbles coming up, I watched him break the surface and stroke to the middle of the lake. Treading water, Steve turned around.

"Come in Sleepyhead! The water's fine."

"I didn't bring a suit."

"Silly! You don't need one, but if you are modest, come in your skivvies."

I noticed that all of Steve's clothing was piled neatly and I reddened seeing his briefs. Debating, nibbling at my lip, I kicked off my sneakers and toed off my socks and then I lifted my sweater over my head and skimmed off my jeans. This was about as daring as I was getting. My belly button ring glinting in the sun. I shrieked as I hit the water! Cool, almost cold I did my best dog paddle to the center of the lake and Steve. Brushing my hair out of my eyes, I realized that it was only about chest deep, a good thing as I don't like water over my head.

"Nice lingerie. A lovely pink lacy shade, very pretty. And a quick peek too. You are voluptuous my dear, I hadn't realized."

"Thank you Steve!" I chattered a bit, swinging my arms round to try and warm up. He laughed at my chattering and gathered me into his strong arms and gave me a lingering kiss this time. My arms wrapped around his middle and I savored the kiss. His tongue probing gently, I opened my mouth to let him in. A long leisurely sweep of his tongue, warming me up. I snuggled closer enjoying the contact. My breasts pressed tightly against his chest, he took his time with that kiss. I moaned softly when we broke it. Gazing up at him I smiled.

"That was awesome. May I have another?" Instead of answering, he just pulled me close again. We stood there for minutes on end just exploring each other's mouths. His hands finding their way to my face to cup it. Gentle, oh so gentle, my blood humming through my body. Not looking for romance, I think I had found the beginnings of one. Dazed with the possibilities, the water lapping soothingly against our bodies I broke this one. Not sure of my footing at all in the water or with Steve. He sent me a quizzical look.

"Oh, Steve." I sighed. "I...eeeekkk!" I floundered in the lake, as something brushed against my leg. "What was that?" I said indignantly.

"Probably a trout. The lake is stocked with them."

"Oh." I was a little speechless at the thought. I hadn't counted on fish being present. Giggling I pushed off my feet to swim a short distance away from Steve. I needed a moment to think. A reprieve of sorts. Steve seemed to understand as he brushed past whispering he would wait on shore for me, no signs of disappointment in his voice, just acceptance.

I floated onto my back and just lazed in the water gazing up at the sky. My life most certainly at a crossroads. What were my choices? Finally, heaving a sigh when no clear answers presented themselves I waded back to the shore.

Steve, back in his jeans and lounging on the blanket was watching my progress. Water sluicing off my body, I ran my hands through my hair to wring out the excess water. My cheeks pink with sun and his expression I advanced to the blanket. He smiled that sweet smile that I loved and offered a hand to help me kneel down. Sitting on my heels I smiled back.

"Turn around Marie. Face the lake. I will help untangle your hair."

"Thank you Steve. Do you know you are a wonderful man?" He blushed as I shifted my body, telling me to stop. He obviously was as bad as I am at accepting compliments. It was cute actually.

I watched as the sun started to lower behind the distant hills, Steve's hands starting to work their way through my tangled mat of hair. His fingers magic as he massaged my scalp along the way. Long after I knew my hair to be done, he continued. Wanting to give him something in return, I asked him to lie on his belly.

My hands started at his strong shoulders, slow, deep circles over his bones, muscles and skin. Feeling alive at the pleasure of giving something back. Steve groaned in satisfaction as I worked my way over his upper body. He was beautiful. Seeing a bruise probably caused by rough play I traced it first with my finger and then with my lips. His skin had this clean smell that I took a moment to inhale. Finishing my ministrations, I placed a little kiss at his nape for good measure. Turning to his side he drew me to him and we nestled there, doing nothing more than that. We fit together perfectly.

*****

"Marie, wake up love." Steve shook me gently. His face partially shadowed with the gathering gloom. I shivered with the slight chill of awareness. Wow! I couldn't remember the last time I had slept so well and so comfortably with a man. He helped me put on my sweater and gave me another hug. We gathered up all the remaining picnic detritus and walked to the car.

"You have a choice. We can stay here and prepare dinner ourselves, knowing that we both like to cook. Or I can take you back to the hotel and you get cleaned up so we can go out to dinner. Or if you have had enough of my company, I can just drop you off."

"I think I would like to cook with you if you don't mind. And I enjoy your company Steve. This is a far cry from how we started out!" I grinned mischievously at him.

"Wonderful. I like you too. Let's go see what we can make." He winked. Shortly we arrived at the front entrance to his home.

It was an architect's dream house. Clean lines showing fluidity throughout the structure. We went through the front door to the foyer. A carved banister curving up beyond my sight to the second floor. An area rug in warm blues and pinks gracing the hardwood floors and an arrangement of Chrysanthemums in a cut glass bowl near the beginning of stairs. Off to the side, I could see what looked to be a study, the door was partially closed.

And down the hallway the entrance to the kitchen.

"Would you like a tour?"

"Yes please." Steve took me through the house, which was pure elegance around every turn. He left me at the guest bedroom, indicating that through the other side was the bath with supplies available for my use. He explained that he stocked common items for his guests, invariably his nieces who were wont to forget the odd hygiene product. I thanked him profusely for his kindness and thoughtfulness. And went to fix my hair, pulling it back into a ponytail and to brush my teeth.

Wandering back down the stairs, I found Steve already in the kitchen. He was padding around in his bare feet. Cute feet I might add. The makings of a meal in front of him.

"What are we having?" I peeked over his shoulder.

"I thought we could do a little Szechuan cooking, a stir-fry. Something light if that's all right with you."

"Sounds wonderful. "What can I do to help?"

"You can start cleaning and chopping the veggies. The colander is under the sink over there and the knives are in the holder over there."

"Mind if I take my sneakers off? I like going barefoot too."

"Sure, kick them over to the mudroom." Alternative Rock playing softly, Steve had surround sound in his house.

We worked well together, throwing the meal together in no time. Soon everything was simmering and the smells elicited were delicious. My stomach concurring by grumbling audibly, much to my chagrin. Steve just laughed and threw an arm companionably around my shoulders. He guided me over to the back door to check out the new conservatory he was in the process of building. Muted lighting flooded the back yard. While I couldn't make out the flowers, there were tons of them. I realized then that he had brought me flowers from his own garden the night before. I was touched at this small gesture. Impulsively I reached up to kiss his cheek.

"What's that for?"

"For my flowers. Thank you."

"You are so very welcome. I am glad you like them."

Returning to the stove we finished preparations. We sat in the breakfast nook and continued learning more about one another. The whole setting was topped off by a single candle that Steve had thoughtfully lit.

We cleaned up the kitchen at the end of the meal, neither one needing to consult the other, just working in tandem. At one point, Steve surprised me by grabbing me close to dance in a slow circle. The gesture so sweet, it tugged at my heart. If I wasn't careful, I could very well fall for this man. To this point, we hadn't spoken of any plans beyond the immediate ones. It has to be enough I whispered fiercely to myself. Steve again in tune with me in some mysterious way let me go with reluctance. If I just had some sort of sign, I could figure out which direction my thoughts should be. I would have to be patient. Ruminating was getting me nowhere. Brightly I flashed a smile at Steve.

"Well Sir. You have surpassed my expectations. The meal was a culinary delight!"

"Wench! You ought to be spanked for a mouth like that!" I laughed gaily and stuck my tongue out at him. He flicked the dishtowel across my ass, but it was all done in playfulness.

"Tired yet? Or would you like to watch a movie with me? I have an extensive film library. I am sure we could find something to enjoy, knowing some of your tastes as I do."

"If you aren't too tired, I am not either. Besides, I had two power naps today."

"Um, yes. I remember your power naps, accompanied by gentle snoring."

"Ouch... You would have to tell me that. Lead the way to the movies." He just chuckled, the cad.

We agreed to watch 'Wimbledon' with those two cute actors. Settling comfortably onto the couch we held hands as I lounged against his side, his other arm once more ensconced around my shoulders, his lips occasionally brushing against my hair. Soon I was enthralled with the romance between Lizzie and Peter. Unconsciously rubbing my cheek against Steve's soft sweater when they finally made love. His fingers squeezed mine and that was it. I fell in love. Simple and complicated at the same time.

Not knowing Steve's feelings and a fear of being hurt prevented me from saying anything. I may not have said anything, but my body was speaking loudly and clearly. My breasts were aching to be held and my thighs were moist. Still I said nothing. I lost the thread of the movie, just examining how I was feeling about my discovery.

"Right. A bloody good show that movie." Startled out of my reverie I looked up at Steve and my breathing stopped. He was staring at me intently, his eyes burning into mine. Unspoken words flashing between us, time was suspended. I started to speak but he put a finger to my lips, and then replaced it with his mouth. I could kiss him forever.

Sighing into his mouth I was in heaven. The ringing phone broke the silence. As we struggled to comprehend the intrusion, the answering machine picked up and a frantic voice broke into the last remnants of desire.

"Steve! If you are at home, pick up. Marie Meriwether has been reported missing and you were last seen with her. They are going bonkers in the States..." Reality slammed through me as Steve raced to pick up that phone. All hell breaking loose then. Steve grimaced at me as he finished his call.

"Marie, you need to call your editor. That sod, Phil told them you were missing. That he hasn't seen you since yesterday when you left the match."

I pulled myself together and reached for my cell my mood deflating. I had turned it off before I left that morning. Nine messages! Oh my God! And all from my editor too as I scrolled through. Taking a deep breath, I dialed the familiar digits.

"Hello Mike? I am fine. Yes, I know that I haven't called. No, my cell didn't die. Yes, I know I should have called..." On and on it went for about ten minutes. Mike haranguing me endlessly and me answering quietly. Steve had left after the first few to give me privacy, I suppose, my heart sinking at the implications. Finally I was able to hang up and went looking for Steve.

I found him on the deck. My approach muffled by my bare feet. I touched his arm.

"I am so sorry. The network, my editors are all furious with me. Phil, that blabbermouth told them I muffed this job and I am being called onto the carpet. All of this was my decision, but I need to catch a flight in five hours to go back. If I don't go, I am fired." I pleaded with my eyes to his for understanding as I was saying words I hated.

I was devastated at the simmering temper brewing there and then a miraculous thing happened. Without a word, he just pulled me into his arms.

"Marie, you have to make your own decision. I can't make it for you. Knowing you are unhappy is a factor but so are my growing feelings for you. And I think you feel the same. But I will not be responsible for your choice."

My heart leapt at hearing he had feelings, any doubts disappearing instantaneously. With love burgeoning, I kissed him with all the unrestrained passion I had been holding back. His response was just as passionate. I wanted this moment to last forever. Reluctantly, I broke the kiss while keeping him close in a bear hug.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • Contact Sports Ch. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds