Cotton Candy Pt. 02

CHAPTER 27

Approximately one and one half hours later, when Tina makes the final turn, I nearly forget to breathe because the scenic beauty of this place is so mesmerizing. The lake is vast and beautiful with a forest at the edge of it and beside it, there is a small valley where some kind of fair is going on right now.

This place must be famous as a visiting spot because there is also a nice parking place and several cars are parked here. Tina parks her car and we start walking towards the lake which is more beautiful than it looked from a distance. The water is blue and crystal clear and it's so quiet and peaceful that I could spend hours just sitting here and admiring the beauty but Meg is more excited about the fair. So we cut the trip to the lake short, though I love it a lot, and start towards the fair.

Once we get close, I'm surprised, again. What I thought was a local village fair is actually a small amusement park. There isn't a big rollercoaster but there are a few small rides like a merry-go-round, Ferris wheel and lots of stores with games, comics and food. This place must be designed for kids and there's no doubt Meg will love it to bits.

It doesn't take long for my assumptions to come true. I watch Meg pulling Tina from store to store, looking for the offerings. Then they decide which rides to get on first. I feel a little shy to get on the rides, which are designed for kids, so I make an excuse that I want to practice shooting and wave them to the Ferris wheel.

I'm still struggling to hit three balls in a row, to get the prize I'm looking for, when they come back. I hit two in a row a few times but the third one always seems a bit tricky. Tina's voice, from behind, surprises me when I'm about to throw the third ball and I miss, again, almost hitting the owner.

"How're you doing?"

'Perfect timing,' I say to myself. If she hadn't interrupted, I'm sure I would have nailed it this time. I turn around, with anger, to see both of them laughing at my miss.

"We're going for the bumpy ride. Meet us there if you're done with your pathetic attempts to hit the target or we'll come back here after the ride. You can keep trying to hit something until then."

Tina teased me, as usual, before running away with Meg and I concentrate on my throwing routine. Now, it's a battle I'm desperate to win. I want to prove that my shooting isn't as bad as she thinks. I have to win this.

It takes another four attempts but, at last, I nail it and get what I want.

I thank the old man when he gives me the cap I've been eyeing all of the time. I think it will suit Tina. I take the cap and start walking towards the bumpy ride. When I get there, both of them are still on the ride, laughing and screaming like crazy so I pull out my phone and take some pictures.

When they come out, after the ride, I give Tina the cap. I feel proud of my aiming but I'm happier that I'm, finally, able to get this for her as a small souvenir of our trip and she immediately wears it.

Next, Meg decides to ride a small bike ride which is strictly for kids under the age of ten so Tina can't accompany her on this one. We decide to sit by the shore of the lake, where we can keep an eye on Meg as well as enjoy the beauty of the lake, and it doesn't take too long for me to get drowned, again, in its beauty.

After some time, I feel like someone is watching me and I look at Tina. I'm sure it must be her but, to my surprise, I find her looking at the water, instead of ogling me. Now, I get panicky. I have a gut feeling that someone is surely watching me so I look at the surroundings to find out. To my surprise, there is no one nearby other than a few kids playing nearby and an old couple sitting on a bench fifty or sixty yards away from us but they don't look like they're staring at me. Maybe it's a false alarm.

I look back at Tina, who is still looking out to the water. Now, I'm sure she finds something very interesting because her eyes are fixed onto something and she doesn't look up. That's unusual so I follow her gaze and look out to the water to see what she's seeing.

The water of the lake is crystal clear. It's like a big mirror and in the water there is a reflection of us sitting, side by side, on the rock and that's what Tina is gazing at. I look at her through the reflection and she looks absolutely drowned in it. In fact, for the first few seconds she doesn't realize I'm also looking into the same reflection in the water but as soon as our eyes meet, she blushes and tries to look away as if she is being caught in her perverted act.

It's a rare thing to see someone like Tina blushing and when she does she looks so damn cute that my heart skips a beat. This is the most romantic thing ever to happen in my life. I've been on a date with a few guys, got engaged and nearly married but I've never felt so wanted. There's so much love in her eyes and the way she looks into the reflection of us fills my heart.

Yes, I know I'm falling for her, too and I don't want the moment to pass. Tina is trying to keep her eyes on the kids, playing nearby, and not look at me. Her hands are resting on her lap and I put mine over hers, causing her to instantly turn around towards me and I smile at her, letting her know that it's all right and that brings a big smile to her face, too.

She turns her hand, interlocking her fingers with mine. This time, it's me who looks at our reflection first and she follows my gaze. When our eyes meet, through the reflection, we both smile at each other. For the first time, I look at us as a couple and, I have to admit, we look pretty good! I pull out my mobile and take some pictures.

CHAPTER 28

But it doesn't last long because Meg comes running and starts pulling us, again, for the next ride. She chooses the merry-go-round and Tina asks me if I want to join.

"Hey. This ride isn't as thrilling or scary as the other ones but it's fun. Do you want to join us or do you prefer to wait and get bored, again?"

There's no way I can ride it. It's only for kids and all of the people will be looking at me if I ride it. Tina must have seen the look of horror in my eyes and doesn't wait for my answer. They start walking towards the ride as I follow them.

I laugh at the expression from the old man collecting the tickets when Tina actually rides a horse alongside Meg. I took some pictures of them as they enjoy the ride. Both of them look so happy that I want to capture these moments. We have some food, and visit most of the shops.

When we decide to leave, Meg is the first one to protest. I know she's enjoying it very much but the sun is about to set and this place is not very close to my flat. There isn't much traffic on the road in the afternoon but it still took an hour and a half and I don't want to be too late.

When we arrive at the parking place, Meg asks for a picture with the car. I think she loves it very much and I take a few pictures of Meg and Tina and, before wrapping it up, I take one group picture with Meg sitting on the hood of the car as we're kissing her cheeks from both sides. In the light of the setting sun and with the lake and the forest in the background, it looks so beautiful that I actually feel proud of my photography skills.

Meg decides to stretch all over the back seat and soon she drifts away. I know she skips the afternoon naps and I don't think she will be waking up for dinner or to complete the homework as she promised but it doesn't bother me, actually. We are quite full of the food we had at the fair and, besides, she deserves a break. I don't want to disturb Tina while she's driving so I keep quiet but Tina has other ideas.

"I saw you taking some pictures. Are they good enough to show?"

I open the gallery and show her the pictures one by one. There is a total of ninety-two pictures but she likes only four of them, including the picture of our reflection in the lake's water and the last group picture.

"Your photography skills are awful! Next time we visit somewhere, let me or Meg take the pictures," She taunts me.

This is unacceptable. It's not my fault that I don't have a good camera but I tried my best. In fact, I love most of the pictures. Maybe she's good at photography but how can she say she would prefer Meg to take pictures instead of me? I'm so angry that I turn my face away from her and look outside. I'd rather not look at her but I don't think that bothers her, much, because she speaks again.

"I don't know if you have been told or not but I think I need to tell you something"

What now? More taunts and insults? I look at her and nod, letting her continue. I am so angry now, I don't want to speak a single word.

"You have a very photogenic face, Olivia. I lied to you when I said I didn't like the pictures. I know, with that camera on your mobile, that's the best that one can ever do but still, you look simply radiant in those pictures. Have you ever thought about being a model for photo shoots?"

I thought I hated her, just moments ago, but I don't know what to say, now. She's right, someone actually used to believe I could be a model for photo shoots but I don't want to recall the incident. I feel ashamed of myself and I don't know if I can ever tell Tina about him or my past. She must have seen my expression changes as I get all gloomy because, at the next moment, I feel her hand over mine as she speaks again.

"It's okay if you're not yet ready to speak about it."

Now I feel like an ass. I know she'll never push it but I should be the one to tell her everything. She can tell there is something bothering me and if I don't tell her the truth I don't know what she might imagine. She's my friend and also wants me to be my girlfriend, I must share my secrets with her or I might lose her and I can't take that chance. I'll tell her only about the incident. I know she'll never push and I'll try to keep my past as discreet as possible.

"My father always used to say I could try the photo shoots but I was too shy to try it and he didn't push, either. On my eighteenth birthday, I met one of my father's friends who was a photographer for one of the renowned magazines. He saw some of my pictures and asked dad if I was interested. I knew my father loved the idea, it's not about the career or the money, but he only wanted to see his daughter's picture in one of the leading fashion magazines and when he asked me I couldn't deny it.

After two days, when I went for the photo shoot, I was very nervous and the lights, cameras and all of those people around me only made the situation worse. I got tense. The photographer was a very nice guy or maybe acted nicely with me because he was my father's friend. He told me to relax, which is very important for a good picture, but whatever he said only made me tenser. Still, to his credit, he was able to get some pictures and wrap up the photo shoot.

After a week, or so, when the latest version of the magazine came out, my picture was nowhere to be found. None of my pictures were good enough to be published. I had disappointed my father. That was the only thing, in his entire life, he had ever asked of me and I wasn't able to do it. I let him down."

I finally stop and drops of tears roll down from my eyes as I remember the incident of shame. I feel a gentle squeeze over my hand but I'm feeling so ashamed of myself that I can't look at her. Next, I feel her fingers under my chin as she pulls my head up, turns my face towards her and using her other hand she sweeps the tears from my eyes and she smiles

"Look, I told you I'm not going to judge you but, from what you've told me, I don't think you let your father down. I know you're shy and I can imagine how hard it must've been for you. Though you were nervous and paniced, you didn't run away. I know how much your father loved you and I can tell he could never be disappointed because he knew you tried your best," she says.

She doesn't know my father or my past but she sounds so confident that it makes me rethink. Nobody knew me better than him, not even my mom and maybe that's the reason he didn't push me. I tried and failed. Wasn't that enough to make him disappointed in me? I think he loves me too much to be disappointed, actually, and I feel a little relaxed but there's no way I can deny that I can't fulfill his dream, and I sigh.

"What?" Tina asks.

"I appreciate what you said but it's also true that I can never fulfill his dream. He would really love to see my picture in one of those fashion magazines," I answer.

"Nothing is impossible if you really try," she replies.

I'm not sure what to tell her. I know she finds me attractive, somehow, by the way she looks at me;] but it's not the same with the others.

"I know you're telling me this to boost me or maybe because you somehow manage to find me attractive, yet, but it's also a fact that I'm almost thirty now. I'm not as beautiful as I used to be ten years ago and I know I'm still very shy. There's no way I can do it," I state the fact.

"I know it won't be easy for you but I also don't believe it's your age that has taken away your beauty. It's okay with me if you don't want to try, in fact, I feel more secure."

I don't understand what she means by that or why she feels secure and I look at her with the question in my eyes.

"I thought you were clever enough to understand. When you become famous, you may have so many friends and admirers, you may forget about me. I may become an ordinary girl who used to be just a friend of yours." she says.

I think I see a hint of sorrow in her eyes and I'm not sure what to say. If only I could show her how extraordinary she is to me, all of the riches and all of the fame in the world is not sufficient enough to make me forget about her. I wish I could take her into my arms and kiss away all of her pain and tell her she isn't only an ordinary friend, she is my girlfriend, but I need more time to think and, most of all, I need to talk to mom about it.

I'm not sure what my facial expression looks like, tense or nervous, but it must be funny because Tina starts giggling while looking at me. Now I'm surprised by the sudden change in her mood. I hope she isn't hurt enough to lose her mind. She looked so sad a few moments ago.

How can someone's mood change so drastically? Tina keeps giggling and I realize it's nothing more than a ridiculous joke. I'm so angry, I wish to pounce on her or kick her ass for being so pathetic but I can't because she is driving the car. Instead, I start punching her shoulder while she keeps giggling. After enough punches, I turn my face away from her and look outside. There is no way I'm going to look at her. I hate her!

But not for long. I feel her hand over mine, after a few seconds, then she finally stops giggling. At first, I think about pulling my hand out but I don't know why it still feels so good for her to hold my hand.

CHATER 29

After a few moments, she lets my hand go, not what I'm expecting, and I become curious. I'm no longer angry with her but I don't want to look directly at her. From the corner of my eye, I see her shifting the gears. It's an old car with a manual transmission, after all, and then once again she put her hands over mine. I think she likes to hold my hand.

She needs to change the gears often as the road becomes busier and there is more traffic as we hit the north-west part of town. I know she wants to hold my hand but I don't want her to be distracted so when she left my hand this time, to change the gears, I wait until her gear shifting is done and then put my own hand on the gear stick.

She's watching the road and doesn't see it happen. She places her hand on my lap, again, thinking my hand is still there. She looks towards me with surprise, only to find my hand resting over the gear stick for her to take it. As I see a big smile appear on her face, my heart skips a beat and I can't help but smile back at her.

She put her hand over mine and drives along. Every time she changes the gear it feels more intimate. Now I feel like I'm not only sitting in the car but I also have my own part in driving it. Neither of us say anything, only enjoy the silence and the intimacy until we reach home.

I carry Meg upstairs and then to the bed. We have already called mom and told her not to cook for us so Mom had her dinner already and she has some tea prepared for us. So we sit on the couch and, while drinking the tea, we chat for a while. I show her the pictures and also tell her how much fun it was.

She looks very happy, but also a little disappointed that she missed the trip, and comments that she'll be joining us on the next one. Tina also shows her the cap I had won for her but the way mom keeps looking at the picture of Tina and Meg on the merry-go-round also gives me a suspicious feeling that she may actually decide to ride it alongside them instead of waiting with me if she really visits the fair next time.

It's about eight-thirty when we decide to leave. Tina has her car today, so I don't have to accompany her to the bus stop. I don't want her to be too late and I also have to clean up the office. She drops me off on her way and I think it's the best moment to thank her for everything.

"Thanks for everything you did today, for the dress and for the ride and also for listening to me. I enjoyed the trip very much and so did Meg," I say.

I keep it short because I know if I keep on blabbing I may create a mess.

"I think I'm the one who should be thankful. I'm the one who suggested the trip and I'm grateful that you and Meg accompanied me and I'll remember this trip, forever," Tina replies.

I don't understand why she says that because I'm sure this was not her first visit but I don't get much time to think about it as she continues.

"And don't thank me for the dress because I haven't started working on it, yet, but you can thank me, if you like, for me taking your measurements!" Tina finishes with a coy smile on her lips.

I blush deeply, as I remember the afternoon's events and my arousal, once again. I lower my eyes so I don't have to look at Tina and I know how much she enjoyed it. She comes closer, pushes her way up and kiss me before running away.

My eyes go big as I feel her hot lips on my skin before she wishes me goodnight and drives away in a hurry. I stay rooted here, trying to realize what happened during the last few seconds or maybe to savor the feel of her lips, I don't know. Then, I smile and start walking towards the office.

Today, I'm finding it difficult to do my job as my mind keeps drifting back to the incidents since this afternoon and mostly to the kiss. Often, I find myself looking at the mirrors. I know she wasn't wearing any lipstick, so there are no marks from her lips but I still keep looking at the particular spot where she had kissed me.

Maybe I'm wishing she had worn some. It was only a good night kiss which wishes you a safe and happy sleep with sweet dreams. She didn't kiss me on my lips and there was no hint of lust or sex, it's all about the love and care she must feel for me.

I'm cleaning one of the cabins when I see the picture of a small boy happily sitting on his father's lap and his mom and dad are kissing him on both of his cheeks from opposite sides. A nice, happy family on vacation and so very similar to the last picture that I took.

Suddenly, I realize everything, now. I'm so dumb not to see it before. I've loved this picture since I started working here and that's the reason I took the last picture in such a way that it looks almost identical to this one. All I want is a nice family photo and this is our first family tour. Now I understand why she said she'll remember it forever.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 249 milliseconds