Cynthia's Moon Ch. 02

"She's gorgeous. I couldn't help myself." He explained flippantly. A growl rolled in her throat.

"Don't remind me," She snarled her words at him, "she's not that beautiful. She doesn't even have any status, what could he possibly see in her? She's not even strong enough to ward off a hyena like you."

"You know, if you really want my help, you'd do well to not talk about me like that in front of me." The blonde looked over towards her annoyed hired muscle, and she moved around the bench to sit in his lap and her hand upon his shoulder in a feigned sympathetic manner. She spoke as though she was completely apologetic to her very core, but he knew better.

"Oh, but what makes you think you even deserve my respect, Vincent? I had to bail you out of jail, and I'll have to pay out to change your name and make you disappear, all because some slut secretary I told you to kill got you hot. So don't give me this bullshit you deserve better treatment. When I hired you, Vincent, you told me that you were a professional."

"So what is the plan, Bridget?" He spoke again, draping his arms across the back of the bench, refusing to hold the woman now possessing his lap. His teeth were gritted down and locked closed to keep his anger under control. She smiled seductively and set her hand to his thigh, rubbing it back and forth to ease his aggravation.

"I'll think of something. In the meantime, perhaps I should try to get an invite to the Hunt tonight. See just how serious he is about her." Her mind browsed through the men she knew might have an invitation and no date, while Vincent was staring at her with a bewildered look upon his face.

"Wait, you want to kill this she-wolf, and you're not even sure that he's serious about her?"

Something wasn't adding up to Vincent. He stared at Bridget observantly, who rolled her eyes at him, annoyed with having to spell it out for him.

"Okay, he's taken a little more interest in her than he has in other women that he's had as of late. Usually when he finds a girl, he'll bed her on a few occasions and then he'll dump her and move onto the next one."

"So why not just let this guy have his way with her and see if it fizzles?"

"Because he's not treating her like she's some piece of ass! That's why! Every bitch I know has been trying to land him for years. Any woman who ends up on his arm should feel so fortunate that he'd even notice them." Her voice became reminiscent for a moment. "Plus she's in heat right now. Do you know what that would mean if he slept with her now?

"Yes. Of course. Why do you think I wanted her?" He asked her bluntly ignoring the jealous scowl on her face.

"I don't like to kill women if I don't have to. If I had taken her, she would have eventually conceded to being my mate. She had never met your guy at that point, so it wouldn't have interfered with any courting that was taking place, thus negating a challenge against me on his behalf. He would have been eligible to you, and the story would have a happy ending for the both of us. 'Cept that the asshole you seem to love so much was watching her very closely that night."

Bridget didn't think about that. She wasn't that smart, but smart enough to know that might have worked. Since it didn't, her mind drifted to another way to take charge of the situation.

"I'll have to consider my next step in all of this. I may still need your help if plan B at the Hunt doesn't work. I had him once, I'm not going to let him out of my grasp again."

"So, why did you cheat on him if you love him so much?" Her anger flared up, and she looked to him.

"We're not going to talk about that! I was young and stupid, I'm much more mature and ready for a relationship now. He has to see that!"

"Yea, much more mature," Sarcasm left his smirking lips, "you're hiring out a hitman to kill what might just be some piece of ass to him. That's a step up in my maturity handbook, too."

Vincent grinned and enjoyed busting her balls over this. The rage now boiled in her blood.

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up! We're not discussing this, and whether you like it or not," She stood up and glared down at him, "I am the one writing your God damned checks. So you'll sit when I say sit, you'll bark when I say speak, and next time I point you in a direction and say kill, you go for the jugular, or Mother Luna help me, I will ruin you. Do you understand, you half-brained mutt?!"

Vincent couldn't even get mad, and he was too annoyed with her to laugh at the spectacle she was making in broad daylight on a busy street corner. He nodded softly and rose unceremoniously, kissing her cheek.

"I love you too, honey."

Immediately, she slapped him in frustration and stormed off towards her car.

"What? She didn't mean anything to me!"

The crowd now having gathered around them wrote off the scene as a lover's spat and went about their business. Tilting his head to the side, Vincent cracked his neck and looked up at the condo penthouse into Cynthia's windows. Faintly, he could see the outline of that curvacious body of hers, as she drew her curtains closed to block out the noon sun. He licked his lips subtly and placed his sunglasses back on.

"Vincent!" Bridget's voice screeched out from her red car that was parked down about 100 feet, and he started leading himself down the sidewalk.

"I will have you," he whispered to himself, "my raven haired goddess."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 442 milliseconds