Detective Spring Ch. 07

"The Shade attacked us at the warehouses, we were in the fourth building. I heard you scream and came running back but was attack by another group of them. When I finally made it back you were already gone and they had taken your sister and John too. I came here to find you all and then found out the dungeons are magic proof and got locked up myself." I explained.

"I guess it's a good thing that I slipped up then or you might not have known where to look." She said weakly, as exhaustion began to overtake her once again.

"Yeah." I said quietly as she slipped into unconsciousness once again. I covered her with a light blanket and moved to the doorway. Cadence was waiting in the living area and I could hear John in the shower.

"So she's okay. Did she seem normal, not all 'I'm going to kill the world' and such?" She asked in kind of panic.

"Shh, relax, she seems fine as far as that goes, why are you so worried?" I asked, trying to calm her as I closed the door, leaving it slightly ajar.

"I was prepared for the sky to start raining fire, if she came back. I was not prepared for her to be able to handle the power. What if it's just a façade because of her weakened state?" She mused while pacing back and forth across the room.

"We will figure it out. Let's just be grateful she is alive and can control it for now. If not, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. We can abate the darkness to some extent." I said calmly.

"We? What are you going to do? You may have magic, but it's not enough to stop her. As for me, she only stops before hurting me because the whole reason she went dark was to protect me." She was still pacing.

"I am her mate," I growled, before making an effort to calm my tone. "And you are her sister. She didn't just stop because she swore to protect you, she did it because she loved you. Love is a powerful force, with more magic than even your sister. Now go rest, shower, and for god sakes eat something, I can hear your stomach growling from here. I will watch over her and you know that's what she would want, so don't argue." I stated. I didn't know if that's really what she would want, but it would make sense that she wouldn't want people worrying over her when they should be caring for themselves.

"Fine. But i'll be right across the hall if she asks for me or you need me to take over. By the way, why didn't you tell me you were her mate?" Cadence asked me.

I shrugged and said the first thing that came to mind, "It didn't seem important at the time."

She nodded with a smirk and went into her bedroom, I turned and went back into mine, where Alys was still sleeping. I went and sat next to her once again. Her back was healing faster than I thought it would, but it would still take some time. A man rolled in a cart behind me, bowing to me as I stood before promptly leaving. The cart had a mixture of normal food along with bags of blood, and the bottom shelf had some clothes on it.

I grabbed a pair of sweatpants that looked my size and a bag of blood, drinking it as I went into the bathroom. If she made a sound I would hear it even in there. I showered quickly, toweling off and throwing on the sweats before going to check back on Alys; she was exactly the same as when I left. Grabbing two more bags of blood, I sat down on the other bed facing her. Taking my time now, I drank them as I contemplated how all of this might work out tomorrow. If nothing else, it was clear that they would no longer have to hide, and we would not let them take our future from us. I would make sure of it.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 317 milliseconds