• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Dream Weaver Ch. 04

Dream Weaver Ch. 04

123

The chronological order of my stories is now listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

Part 15 - The Whirling Dervish

I was barely aware of the commotion above me. I could not move. I managed to open my eyes, and I saw blood spattering. A second later, FBI lawyer Bond fell to the floor, his head bloody, crushed in...

... by a crowbar.

Cindy! I thought to myself. She's here, she's fighting above me! I realized to myself, somehow knowing it. I saw more blood spatter, and heard a man scream in pain. I still couldn't move, but I fought to stay awake... to live.

Others joined in, and the fight was over. I heard the voice of an older man say "Let's get him in here." I felt hands pull me up off the floor, then half-carry, half-drag me back into the room I'd come from. I was now back on the table, but sensed I was among friends.

"Saline solution, Doctor." said a voice. I realized it was FBI Agent Sandra Speer.

"Good." said the voice of Dr. Leonard Cordell. I felt a needle go into my right arm, into the vein. As the saline solution started going into my vein, I felt instantly better. Life and death kind of instantly better.

"We've got to get some moisture into him, but not too much at one time or it'll thin out his blood. Then we've got to get some nutrients into him." I heard Dr. Cordell say.

A moment later, I felt another presence, then heard another voice, a very familiar voice say "How is he, Doctor?" It was Cindy's voice.

"He's near death." said Dr. Cordell. "We're doing what we can."

"Near death, hell." I whispered, forcing my eyes open. "Not even close."

"Don!" Cindy gasped, taking my left hand in hers. I squeezed her hand as hard as I could... that wasn't much, but I felt her squeeze back.

"Damn, I cannot believe it." Cordell said. I wasn't believing much of it, either...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dr. Laura Fredricson, Deputy Director of the CIA for Science and Technology, dressed in all black, came into the hallway and surveyed the carnage. Four men lay dead on the floor; the heads of two of them had been crushed by severe crowbar blows, one that almost took the top of the man's head off. Two others had had their necks broken. And other men were seriously injured.

Hell hath no fury like a platinum blonde scorned, she thought. And a blonde armed with a crowbar.

Laura had come up to Cindy and taken the blue crowbar from her with the words "May I?" Now, as she wiped the crowbar down, she turned to the object of her sheer fury.

Dr. Casey B Walker was being held to one side by FBI Special Agent Martin Nash, Walker's hands cuffed behind his back. Jack Muscone, Todd Burke, and Teddy Franklin had helped Dr. Cordell get her husband Don into the other room for emergency treatment. Other agents, loyal to Laura, were waiting for their orders.

There was one other person there, as well. The woman whose name could not be spoken came up to Walker. "Looks like Commander Troy was not guilty of treason, after all." the woman 'Diana' said.

"Like hell he's not, even if I didn't prove it... this time." Walker snarled, his face a mask of fury... and insanity.

"There won't be a next time." the older woman said. She turned to Laura.

"Well, Dr. Walker, looks like you're the one who has committed treason here---" Laura started, but Walker interrupted her.

"I want my lawyer." he said. "I'll see you in a courtroom in New York. And then we'll see who's the traitor."

Laura smiled... a smile that nobody ever wants to see. She tapped the blue crowbar in her hand as she said "Oh, I don't think this one is going to see the inside of a courtroom." Then her voice quietened but filled with menace as she said "You know how we handle things like this Walker." She then turned to the CIA agents loyal to her and said "Take this piece of crap out of my sight..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was in and out of it as I felt hands cleaning me up. I found out later that it was a pretty bad mess. Then I was covered in sheets and transported out of the building. Then I was dreaming that I was in that helicopter with Pastor Raymond K. Westboro. 'Kyle' Westboro, the man whose name Ned had used for his identity while in The Asylum, perhaps out of sarcasm... or respect.

In reality, I was being life-flighted to University Hospital. I would find out later that the facility I'd been in was underground, below an old dilapidated warehouse on the outskirts of the City that was secretly owned and operated by the CIA.

At one point during the flight, I woke up and said "Laura!" I heard Cindy say "She'll be coming right behind us. She's taking care of the bastard that did this to you..." I was back out of it by the time she finished the words...

Part 16 - Awakening

When I woke up again, I was in a room in University Hospital. Two bags were hanging on a rack next to me... one was whole blood, the other some liquid food... the only way to be properly fed in a hospital, I thought to myself. I was also catheterized, I realized. Not the first time I'd awakened to that, I realized.

I looked up. I could see through the window that it was still dark outside. Cindy was asleep on the sofa in front of the window. My iPhone and other personal items, as well as some clothes, were on a table to my left, and I could not reach them.

About that time, Cindy woke up, and saw that I was awake. "Good morning, sleepyhead." I said. "What time is it?"

She looked at her watch. "4:30am." she said, getting up and coming to my bedside.

"I think the better question is: what day is this?" I asked.

"Friday, July 1st." Cindy replied.

"Geez... what happened to me?"

"What's the last thing you remember?" she said, answering the question with a question.

"Uhh..." I said, "We had the victory party for solving the Westboro case. You and I talked in my office, then I left for home. I saw a plane come into County Airport, then... nothing after that, until I woke up in that room."

Cindy nodded. "On the road to your house, the Mountain Nest, you called in on the radio that there was an accident. When the responding Officers got there, they found the two collided cars, and your Police SUV, with your crowbar, badge, and gunbelt in the seat. The other cars were empty. Cameras caught a van coming out of there, which went to County Airport. And that plane you saw... probably was the one that took off with you in it. It went to the City, landed at their smaller airport for small private jets. We lost you after that."

Cindy continued: "Your wife recognized the plane that came in as belonging to the CIA, so she had an idea that something was going on with them. We told Bettina and Priya that you were working with the FBI on the Westboro Syndicate, and so to not even bother asking about you. Needless to say, we were all beside ourselves trying to find you, but your wife and the FBI guys were the ones doing most of the work."

I nodded. "So, where was I?"

"There's a secret CIA facility in the bad areas of the City. They had a building there, and an underground base. Apparently they have one in Midtown and one in Southport, and Laura wasn't sure which one you might've been taken to, until that signal device you had was set off."

"I seem to remember someone over me, abusing some heads with a crowbar." I said. "Which I appreciate very much."

"Yeah, I took care of business." said Cindy. "When I saw you lying there..." She paused a moment, working hard to keep from getting emotional, then said "Well, let's just say I didn't hold back."

As much as I tried to stay awake, I couldn't. "Wake me up for Bettina's broadcast..." I said...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" was the next thing I heard. "Channel Two News has learned that Police Commander Donald Troy has been admitted to University Hospital for exhaustion and dehydration!"

Bettina went on, reporting from in front of the Hospital: "Commander Troy has been working for several days with the FBI on leads to the Raymond Westboro syndicate. While many arrests have been made, more are expected. The FBI reported that Commander Troy simply overworked himself and did not take proper care of his body until he collapsed. The Hospital issued a statement saying Commander Troy was resting comfortably, and recovering rapidly."

As Bettina went on, talking about the Fourth of July festivities, my doctors came in. One was Dr. Morgan, the other... Dr. Leonard Cordell.

"Ah, you're looking one hell of a lot better than yesterday." Cordell said.

"Thanks for saving my life." I said.

"Did what I could." said Cordell as Dr. Morgan listened to my heart and took my pulse, you know, doctor stuff. He said "Dr. Cordell, I think we can take him off the blood and saline after this bag is done. We'll keep tube-feeding him, though."

"Good, if that means I won't have to eat the hospital food." I said, trying to smile. Dr. Morgan chuckled, then left.

"I'll just tell you this, son." said Admiral Cordell. "I didn't think we were in time. I am stunned you survived. Happy, but totally stunned. You're one tough S.O.B."

"Not gonna let those bastards get me down." I said. "And please tell Dr. Milton that his device worked... and saved my ass."

"Yes, yes it did." said Cordell. "We picked up the signal. Fortunately we were close by, but your wife will have to tell you all that."

"Which she will," said my wife Laura, entering the room, "when my husband is sufficiently recovered to hear it."

"I'll leave you two alone." said Cordell.

"Thanks, Doctor." I said. He nodded to me, and to Laura, I noted, before leaving.

Laura turned to me. "Come here." I said. She bent over me and I pulled her down and kissed her mouth as hard as I could. She returned it.

When she raised her head, there were tears in her eyes. "Darling, I am so sorry..."

"It's not your fault." I said. "How are the kids?"

"Distracting me, I see." she said, seeing my ruse. "The kids are fine, but Carole has been missing you and asking where you are."

I nodded, then realized I was tired again. I heard Laura say "Just relax, Darling... we'll talk later..." I didn't catch the rest...

Part 17 - Issues And Answers

When I woke up again, out of a (fortunately) dreamless sleep, I felt better. Much better. The I.V.s were no longer attached to me, though I was still catheterized. I took the catheter out (hey, it's my penis, nurses!) and tried to sit up. I made it to a sitting position, my legs hanging over the side of the bed.

I felt a bit lightheaded, but that cleared up as I breathed and then looked around. I was wearing black pajamas (real pajamas, not a ninja suit). I noticed red marks on my ankles, then I looked at my wrists: there were round red marks on them, as well. I realized that the electric shock torture had been real.

No one else was in the room with me. Getting up, I saw my sword cane next to the chair with my clothes on it. I checked my iPhone; it was 5:30am, Saturday July 2d. Taking the cane, I headed to the door. When I opened it, I saw a Police Officer sitting by the door in a chair. It was Patrolman Phil Goodwright, and he seemed shocked to see me.

"Commander!" he whispered. "Are you okay? You should be in bed, sir."

"I'm tired of bed, Patrolman." I said. "Did Captain Ross go home?"

"No sir." said Goodwright. "She's in the waiting room right down the hall, there. Her father just came in a few minutes ago."

"Good." I said. "I'll be back in a minute." With that, I ambled down the hall towards the waiting room. I heard a woman's voice, and she sounded upset. I turned into the room.

Cindy was on the sofa to the left of the door, her father Dr. P. Harvey Eckhart sitting to her left side. And she was crying.

"He was just laying there," sobbed Cindy, "and I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't help him..."

"Now you know..." I said out loud, "exactly how I felt when you were lying on that gym floor."

Cindy looked up, her eyes showing her shock. Eckhart's eyes were twinkling as he nodded.

"Don..." Cindy said. "For God's sake, sit down." I did so, on her right side. She put her arms around me in a bear hug and would not let go. I hugged her back. I also reached over her and shook Eckhart's hand.

"Thank you, Dr. Eckhart." I said. "For everything."

"Oh, it was my pleasure, young Donald." said Eckhart. "I am delighted to see that you were able to survive those despicable people and what they did to you."

"Thanks for what?" Cindy asked, knowing there was something going on between me and Eckhart, but not knowing what.

"Later." I said. "I think I'll keep this secret from you, just for the sake of doing it." That got Cindy laughing, then she started crying again.

And then, standing before me, was the lovely black Nurse Jones. She needed no words. I got up and went back to my room, Cindy helping me and Dr. Eckhart following.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the lovely redhead from outside the Hospital at 7:00am. "Commander Donald Troy remains in University Hospital, recovering from exhaustion and dehydration! Doctors are saying that he is recovering well and should be released from the hospital soon."

"Channel Two News is also investigating a report that Commander Troy was life-flighted from the City to University Hospital. The FBI is not commenting on the situation of Commander Troy's illness, nor where he was taken ill. Chief Sean Moynahan of the Town & County Police Department would not confirm any details, but said he expects that Commander Troy might have to be restrained from trying to return to work too quickly."

"Good thing this is a three-day weekend." I said to Cindy, who was watching the newscast with me. "I guess running the Triathlon is out."

"If you try, I'll chase you down." said Cindy. "And knowing us, we'd end up winning the damn thing." I chuckled, as did Eckhart.

Bettina wasn't finished: "And in national news, career State Department diplomat Dr. Casey B. Walker was tragically killed when he stumbled in front of a moving bus in Washington, D.C. yesterday afternoon. Eyewitnesses say Dr. Walker was on his afternoon jog and tripped just as a bus was coming around the curve. The bus driver, who was a substitute driver, could not stop in time. Police say that the driver was not impaired, and no charges are expected in what was simply an unfortunate and tragic accident..."

"That karma is a bitch." said Cindy.

"As is my wife, when she's fired up." I said, knowing what had just really happened.

"Okay," Cindy said, getting up. "I'm going to go call in to the Station and see if anything is going on. So you guys can talk about whatever it is that you won't tell me about."

"In due time, my friend." I said. Cindy was not mollified, but left. I had obtained the anti-bugging device from my wallet in my pants, and I now activated it.

"I owe you a debt of gratitude," I said to Eckhart, "for that post-hypnotic suggestion."

"Ah, I see you figured that out." said Eckhart.

"Yes, as soon as I heard the words 'January, Suborbital, Denomination', and came out of their drug-induced hypnosis." I said. "I figured you'd planted it in my head when Wargrave forced you to brainwash me."

"Actually, no, my young nephew." said Eckhart. "It was done the night you brought Eleanor Burke in. That's why the three words had to be the same; you were being treated at the same time she was. You were made to believe you were sitting in my office, looking out at the River the whole time, but you were undergoing my therapy at the same time she was."

"You see, Donald," continued the founder and great leader of 'The Vision', "I knew that it was possible that someone in the Government might try to come after you. Your FBI friends are good people, and your wife is a wonderful woman... but there are some very bad apples in those organizations, as well. So I 'conditioned' you that if you heard those three words from someone else, and not yourself, it would create what I call a 'post hypnotic snap', which would flood your brain with activity and allow you to overcome any hypnotic spells you might be under at the time."

I nodded. "It worked. I guess that's why I used those words for my passwords when I was in that dream state... for lack of a better term. But it felt real... very real, too real."

"Yes. Their methods are diabolically effective, and they work untiringly to make them even more viciously efficient." said Eckhart. "And by the way... my daughter has also been conditioned the same way by my methods, without her knowledge. If she is ever in trouble, you can use those same three words to activate her mind and snap her out of any trouble she is in."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 9:30am, Cindy and I received visitors after Dr. Eckhart had returned to The Vision World Headquarters. The visitors were my wife Laura, and Cindy's sister Molly. The only child with them, however, was Carole.

"Daddy!" my daughter cried out upon seeing me, a radiant smile on her little face. There was a smile on my face, too as I held out my arms for her.

"Hi, Fussbudget." I said. "Are you being a good girl for your mommy?"

"Yes, Daddy." Carole said. "Are you coming home soon?" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Laura nod.

"Yes, Carole." I said. "I'm coming back home soon, and you and I can play with Jim, and with Bowser and Buddy." Carole smiled brightly at that.

I chatted with Molly some while Laura waited patiently, then Cindy said "Hey Carole, why don't you and I go take a walk with Molly." Carole reached out for Cindy, who took her, leaving me alone with Laura... who had a computer in her hands.

"Dr. Morgan is going to release you later today." Laura said. "But only after finding a way to make you promise to go home, get in bed, and continue resting. He was seriously considering having you sedated to keep you from doing too much too soon, so don't push your luck."

"Yes, ma'am." I said. "What's the computer for?"

"I'll tell you the whole story when we get home." Laura said. "But I wanted you to see this first." She opened the computer and started a video. It showed a camera in that hallway, recording me coming out, trying to fight off my attackers, and then being subdued. And then it showed what happened next.

My God... how in the hell did I win the Police Boxing Matches? I thought to myself. The video showed the lawyer Bond throwing punches at my head, then getting up to kick the back of my head. He missed and got me on the shoulder... and then there was a flash of blue.

The CIA agents were well trained in the martial arts. But they had no chance when Cindy came into the fray like a whirling dervish. It looked like a choreographed Bruce Lee movie... but the blood showed that it was not.

One man took a solid crowbar blow to the side of the head, and the crowbar nearly went through his head; he was dead instantly. Two other men tried to grab Cindy and were thrown off, the second one having his arm torn out of its socket by a savage blow as Cindy pulled him by her.

Then the lawyer Bond went at her, and the blue crowbar swung again. Blood went everywhere as his head was crushed in. Another man tried to grab Cindy from behind, and as he came over her shoulder she grabbed his head, twisted it, and he dropped dead with a broken neck. One last man received a powerful kick to the head, which also broke his neck and killed him, so I was told.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Dream Weaver Ch. 04

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds