Ebb Tide Ch. 02

"The pool boy? That ghetto trash that my son befriended...yes, I recall Mr. Vardanyan now. Ford, Wynn and Georgianna always referred to him as 'V'. He was a peripheral nuisance at best. What is he doing getting involved with my business now?" he commented.

"He bought a house opposite the latest residence you maneuvered your former wife into," Rogers went over his report. "Since her renter's agreement was fraudulent, it was never properly filed. It is unlikely that he knew she was living there. The two officers involved reported that she seemed surprised to see him."

"Those same two officers suffered an immediate humiliation when they found themselves epoxied into their own vehicle, windows up and AC disabled. They had to be rescued."

"Was there an investigation?"

"No sir. It seems an unfortunate ticket was assessed to your former wife that would have been difficult to defend, so Hathaway opted for a subversive bit of police intimidation." Rogers paused. "What happened to the two Robbery/Homicide Detectives he sent, Sgt.'s Timothy Brokaw and Bradley Ustinov, is unclear. I suspect Vardanyan ambushed them. They were most likely disabled, then he dumped their unconscious bodies elsewhere."

"Hathaway instituted an increased policy of police harassment with the aim of making Mr. Vardanyan vulnerable to Assistant Sheriff Mahaulu. The target failed to act in the predicted manner. The next morning, Vardanyan handed the badges of the two Sergeants plus substantial video evidence over to one IAB Detective Lieutenant T. Crowe Buchannan. We are investigating any previous ties between the two."

"Hathaway authorized a smear campaign -- which has proven to be yet another utter failure. Mahaulu is now in a vulnerable position ~ his activities and integrity have become suspect. One of your prospects...Officer Bartholomew Shell, was videotaped planting evidence in Mr. Vardanyan's vehicle. Hathaway and I concur that Shell's retrieval is uneconomical."

"Following the shootout this morning, acting on his own initiative, Mahaulu and Detectives Brokaw and Ustinov confronted Mr. Vardanyan. My initial investigation suggests he dismantled them. Mr. Vardanyan's exposure of that event further undermined their chances of career advancement."

"All three failed to adjust to their target's tech savvy nature and clear counter-intelligence training. The IAB has no current plans to rigorously pursue the matter, but the records of all those events remain."

"Find a way to sanction those two detectives," Pharris stated.

"I'll direct Hathaway on how to re-motivate the Assistant Sheriff to get off his ass and attempt to be effective." Rogers could only nod. To Rogers it was obvious Hathaway was clearly out of his element. If Hathaway kept fucking up, Pharris would dispose of him and Hathaway's replacement would be in a weaker position vis-à-vis him (Rogers).

"I expect a full dossier on Mr. Vardanyan by lunch tomorrow," Pharris demanded. "Back to my ex-wife -- status?"

"You were in the final process of rendering her homeless," Rogers resumed. "It was predicted 96% likely she would be forced into prostitution within a month."

"In accordance to your plan's outline, she was scheduled for numerous of sexually assaults and degradation. Five months into this phase -- she would be lured into drug addiction and unprotected sex. Within six months, we projected a forced abortion after which she would be committed to the women's correctional center in North Las Vegas."

"There was already plans to induce one of the female gangs to continue her dehumanization. The chance of her turning to suicide within three years was 88%. Option A -- you step in and have her committed to a private institution for use later. Option B -- death."

"How do you plan to get things back on track?" Pharris inquired. "I enjoy knowing she is unwittingly starring in her own home videos. Her boss and fellow employees seem to be aroused by those unsolicited downloads as well. When those are revealed to the casino management, they'll fire those few who dare defend her from me. You should wire Mr. Vardanyan's home. Since he has elected to interfere with my property, he deserves his fair share of suffering."

"Baphomet, I recommend against that for the time being. He is dangerous and all the more so because we don't understand his capabilities," Rogers cautioned. That warning caused Pharris to turn around.

"Is he one man, or is he working with others?" Baphomet asked.

"I'd like more time to be sure. We already know he served 12 year in the navy. He became a Hospital Corpsmen -- was assigned to a Marine Amphibious Unit. Before he turned 22, he qualified for and passed the SEAL training program. What he did there...I'm working on the specifics. He has garnered enough specialties to be worrisome."

"Worrisome?"

"Things like advanced electronics and computer courses, unconventional warfare tactics, explosive creation & disarming, scouting and illicit intrusion as well as hand-to-hand and firearms expertise. He also has a degree in Botany."

"So...he's a super-soldier...and?" Lloyd scoffed.

"It is his last six years that bother me," Rogers confessed. "My instincts tell me he joined with DEVGRU..." Rogers could tell Lloyd didn't understand. "Formerly SEAL Team Six. Currently a key component of the Joint Special Operations Command along with likes of Delta Force."

"Again," Baphomet snorted. "And?" Rogers stifled a grumbled.

"DEVGRU are an elite class of professional operators, Baphomet. Missions those type of combat specialists go on are normally National Security matters. Their after-action reports never see the light of day because officially they never happened. Of greater concern to me is that the CIA recruits men from JSOC for their own shadow operatives."

"You were in the CIA," Lloyd pointed out. "Is he going to be a problem?"

"Baphomet, I was a CIA Clandestine Services Operations Officer. The people the CIA recruits out of JSOC are a different breed. They rarely worry about killing to achieve their objectives, are highly innovative and prone to be insular -- people with few obvious attachments. I'm not worried about killing him -- I can," Rogers related.

"Glad to know you haven't lost your edge," Lloyd guffawed.

"What I am worried about is him killing me, or you, or anyone else in your organization," Rogers explained. "He is more than capable and willing to end all of our existences. I also believe he was behind the explosion at Vegas Fantasies though I am sure no one will ever be able to pin it on him."

"He should be utterly ruthless and right now he has the initiative," Roger said.

"How so? He is still one man," Lloyd grew condescending. "Go after his properties, bank accounts and render him unemployable. Then he will be one man without resources."

"Sir, I recommend you talk with Circe before anymore unfortunate accidents happen," Rogers recommended.

"Very well. If he blew up one of her enterprises she might have uncovered something I need to know," Pharris allowed. Rogers knew his employer had many loathsome qualities and perversions. The man was neither loyal, generous nor forgiving. He was also brilliant in his own way. That was why Rogers had joined with Pharris to find and dispose of the previous Baphomet and Xaltotun's heir.

Xaltotun's death had been an unexpected complication in Lloyd Pharris' rise to power. He was unable to leverage the Lord of Pride's favor before that man's death. Now there were six roughly equal powerbrokers in Las Vega's dark underbelly. Pharris wanted to break that deadlock and seize power. Lloyd wasn't stupid enough to launch an all-out war against his fellow Vice Lords.

"Run down this bastard's past. I'll see you at lunch tomorrow," Lloyd dismissed Rogers. Rogers was out the door for several seconds before Lloyd decided on his own, parallel, course of action. Hathaway had turned a simple assignment into a mess. It was his flunky's neck on the chopping block if this Vardanyan person caused anymore blow-back.

"Hathaway," he called the man at his home. The woman on the other end -- one of his cheap sluts he kept around -- knew enough to hand her 'man' the phone.

"Sir," Hathaway sounded nervous, as well he should.

"Vardanyan had better not be a problem for me in forty-eight. Understood?" Pharris demanded.

"Yes sir," Hathaway gulped. Pharris hung up. He had a late dinner with the several key party officials and donors with Nevada's Democratic Party. He would have a few Republicans over to his house for a Saturday BBQ. Whoever won in the 2014 elections would owe him. Whoever lost, would end up owing him too. He loved his life.

Principal Characters :

Vance (Vardan) 'V' Vardanyan -- A stocky, six foot tall, 240 lbs., 33 year old former Navy Medic who grew up in Las Vegas before serving for 12 years with the Seals and then 3 more in the field with the CIA

Dabney Curtiss -- Attractive 26 year old Las Vegas prostitute who idolized Vance 15 years ago when he befriended her like an older brother while dating her much older sister in HS.

Georgianna 'G' Norquist -- Attractive 40 year old blonde, former trophy wife of Lloyd Pharris, currently being harassed by him for divorcing him.

Lloyd Pharris -- Powerful corrupt lawyer, former husband of Georgianna, currently a member of The Lords of Vice (as Baphomet Vice Lord of Envy who runs criminal corruption in Las Vegas); he employed Vance as a pool boy during Vance's last 2 years of HS.

Detective Lieutenant Trixie Crowe 'TC' Buchannan (LVMPD Internal Affairs Bureau 31 -- A compulsively hardworking, honest police woman perceived as a classic over-achieving misanthrope, who is blocked by her managers from investigating serious corruption in the police force.

Detective Sgt. Soledad Moreno (LVMPD Robbery/Homicide -- Homicide) -- Hispanic female, detective who is only close friend of TC Buchan.

Reagan Cho, daughter and intended successor for Circe , Vice Lady of Lust -- Tall, fit, dark tanned skin Asian-American. Long black hair and black-rimmed glasses. Very serious and intense most of the time; taut in mind and body, but has a witty sense of humor about her when in good company. If she has a flaw, it is her willingness to let less gifted people know she is smarter than they are.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in [...] milliseconds