Emotionless Pt. 05

"No, I don't really remember their faces and I'm tired of courtrooms." Lauren said.

Jessie looked at her in confusion. Lauren didn't think about how that sounded, "I'm not a murderer or anything. I have a few charges but mainly petty theft and small things like that from when I was younger."

Jessie nodded. "As long as you don't kill me."

Lauren laughed and drank her beer. Jessie placed her hand on Lauren's thigh, "I'm sorry that happened to you."

"It is what it is. No need to dwell on it. You already know more about me then most people I've known for years." Lauren joked.

"Yeah? And why's that?" Jessie drank from her beer.

"I don't know. I just don't see a point in lying to you I guess." Lauren's ears became hot and she felt vulnerable.

"You're right about that. There's no point, and I won't lie to you." Lauren appreciated Jessie's honesty.

Lauren and Jessie spent all night talking again. Lauren ended up telling Jessie about her childhood and everything that went on in court with her foster parents. Lauren learned that Jessie also grew up with a tough childhood. It explained why Lauren felt they had such a strong connection and why Jessie was so understanding. Jessie got up to go to the bathroom for a minute and by the time she got back Lauren had fallen asleep slumped back into the couch.

Lauren woke up on a couch with blanket over her. It took her a few minutes to remember she was at Jessie's, but she didn't remember getting a blanket. She got up and went to find the bathroom. When she saw that it was in Jessie's room she went back to the living room. She needed to change her bandages. Luckily Jessie left all the stuff on the coffee table. Lauren redid her bandages. As she finished, she heard Jessie clear her throat. Lauren looked up and tried to cover herself. "Shit, sorry. I looked for the bathroom but it's in your room and I didn't want to wake you."

Jessie laughed "It's okay. I'm up now, you can use it."

Lauren put her shirt back on and joked "Well, I'm done now."

"You hungry?" Jessie questioned.

"Yeah, I can't remember the last time I ate."

"Well I'm a shit cook so where do you like to eat?"

"I can cook?" Lauren offered.

"Be my guest." Jessie gestured to the kitchen.

Lauren went to the kitchen and began searching for something to cook. She decided on pancakes, eggs, and bacon. She went straight to work. Jessie stayed in the living room. Lauren even made coffee. "How do you like your coffee?"

"Just some creamer." Jessie said walking into the kitchen and sitting at the table. "Smells good."

Lauren poured their coffee and took it to the table, "What can I say?" She went and got their plates ready. "Here you go."

"Look at that. Got breakfast made and didn't even have to put out." Jessie winked at Lauren and started eating.

Lauren tried to fight but grinned, ear to ear. She quietly ate.

Jessie noticed Lauren's smile and smirked. "This is pretty good, cherry."

"Cherry?" Lauren was confused.

"Yeah, your ears get as red as a cherry when you blush. So I think it's a suiting name." Jessie finished off her pancakes.

Lauren had no idea she actually blushed and tried to deny it, "I don't know what you're talking about. How's your breakfast?"

"Damn good cherry. Thanks." Jessie gave Lauren that devilish smirk.

Lauren rolled her eyes and finished her food. She did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Lauren pulled her phone out of her pocket to see Harper had texted her a few times. All the messages questioning if she was okay and if she needed a ride. Shit, Lauren forgot all about Harper. She quickly replied 'I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you I went to stay with a friend from work. Don't be mad.'

Lauren put her phone back in her pocket. She felt bad that she didn't let Harper know she wouldn't be home but she didn't regret her night with Jessie. Jessie stretched in her chair at the table. "Want me to take you home now?"

"That's fine. I don't want to ruin your day." Lauren said not really wanting to go home and see Harper.

"I don't have any plans today. Do you?" Jessie stood up.

Lauren shook her head. "Work tonight."

Jessie approached Lauren, "I don't think you working tonight is such a good idea. Not after last night." Jessie lightly placed her hand against Lauren's stomach, where one of her worst cuts were.

Lauren felt like she was floating on clouds when Jessie touched her. She tried not to quiver. Jessie walked to the fridge and pulled out some water. Lauren could still feel the imprint of Jessie's hand on her. "You are probably right." Lauren managed to get out.

Jessie nodded before sipping her water. "Hey, how about we go see a movie?"

"Movie theaters are open this early?" Lauren asked.

"Well yeah." Jessie laughed.

"Hey I don't even remember the last time I went to the movies." Lauren nudged Jessie. "Can you take me to my place to get ready first?"

"Sure. Let me shower first." Jessie playfully bumped into Lauren as she walked to her bedroom.

Lauren went back to the living room to fold her blanket she slept with. She placed it over the back of the couch before sitting down. She ran her fingers through her hair and pulled her phone out of her pocket. Harper had responded 'I'm not mad. Just glad you're okay. Have another long work day. Probably will just stay at my place tonight. Let me know if you need something.'

Lauren took a deep breath of relief, 'Okay, thank you. And I'm sorry, again.'

Lauren knew Harper was actually upset. She could tell Harper was not one to really hide her emotions, but when it came down to it she felt trapped with Harper around. Lauren felt she owed her something for helping her out and Lauren knew Harper wanted more than what Lauren could offer her. She put her phone back in her pocket. Lauren listened to Jessie's shower running. She tried to push the thoughts out of her head. Lauren thought about Jessie's smile and breathtaking eyes. She closed her eyes and let her mind wander for a bit. Lauren heard the water shut off and opened her eyes. She heard Jessie rustling around her room. Lauren smelled Jessie's cologne. It was a sweet and rustic smell. Jessie came out in a grey hoodie that had a design on the front that Lauren couldn't quite make out and black jeans. Jessie's hair was a little bit longer than Lauren's. Her bangs were pushed off to the side and she had a cowlick similar to Lauren but her's fit in with her messy hair style. "Ready to go?" Jessie said.

Lauren stood up and adjusted her jeans. "Yes ma'am."

They arrived at Lauren's and went in. "You can turn on the T.V. I won't be long."

Jessie sat on the couch and Lauren went to the bathroom. She let the water heat up as she took off her clothes and bandages. Lauren was quick with her shower. She grabbed a towel and carefully dabbed her stomach dry. She wrapped the towel around her waist and walked to her bedroom. Lauren rebandaged herself and grabbed some clothes. Walking to the bathroom, she bumped into Jessie, who was leaving the bathroom. Attempting to protect Lauren's stomach from impact, Jessie grabbed Lauren by the waist. Lauren cleared throat, "Sorry. Just brushing my teeth and I'll be ready."

Jessie smiled and went back to the living room. Lauren quickly ran her fingers through her hair and brushed her teeth. She put on her cologne and got her belongings. Lauren walked out to Jessie sitting on the couch watching T.V. "Ready."

Jessie looked at Lauren, "Okay, let's go."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 462 milliseconds