Endangered Ch. 08

He made sure to cradle her head against his chest as he sat down, afraid her already scrambled brain would simply fall out of the gruesome wound. He tried to lay back and fell instead, the insidious relaxation creeping rapidly back through his senses.

Blood. Remember blood.

His teeth transformed admirably to their razor-sharp dragon form. He winced, biting into his wrist with a tearing motion. The thought made him feel queasy for a second before that feeling too was lost to the creeping darkness. He held the wounded wrist above her mouth, watching his rich lifeblood splatter down onto her blueing lips. He held the seeping cut to her mouth as he cradled her to his chest. His head lolling backwards onto the white plastic of the tub, narrowly missing a slightly protruding jet nozzle.

***

Michelle sighed, wishing she wasn't still in her dress.

All sorts of emergency response vehicle lights lit the street with a gaudy strobing.

"So, you're telling me he disarmed four armed, dangerous men? This young man, Chris?" The senior detective was understandably sceptical of the mildly intoxicated club-goer with her fluffy bunny-eared headband.

"Well, I mean, like, I don't know him. But my friend Bethany pointed him out to me because he's super-hot. But yeah, I caught a glimpse of him fighting this terrorist guy in a balaclava and totally putting him in this awesome sleeper hold."

"And where is he now?" asked the suited cop.

"Like, how am I supposed to know?"

"Well what did he do after incapacitating the assailant?"

"I don't know. It was crazy in there," a haunted look came over the young woman's face and the detective sighed, dismissing her back to her waiting friends and saying that she would be contacted later.

Michelle had heard enough. She needed to step in now and guide the investigation along a suitable path, they knew too much to be left completely in the dark. This was far from ideal but it could be used if they played it right. She had to do something.

"Detective Sergeant," she stepped around the side of the ambulance she'd been sheltering behind, causing the man to turn sharply. "I believe I can answer some of your questions."

"It's not polite to eavesdrop, Miss..."

"Michelle Hamund," she supplied.

The detective thought Michelle cut an attractive figure with olive toned skin and short black hair, her figure wrapped up in a modest navy cocktail dress. She had that air about her though, he could almost smell them coming after twenty-five years with the Denver PD. She was a suit.

"Tony Field, now let me guess. FBI?"

Michelle only smiled, presenting her NSA id for inspection. She wondered how her title of Special Presidential Advisor would go down.

"NSA huh, don't see you guys around here often." He snapped a picture of her id with his cell phone and handed it back to her.

"Actually, I'm a witness, Sergeant," Michelle said.

"Do you know this Chris character who keeps popping up? There aren't any god damn security cameras on this entire street so I don't even know what he looks like."

"Well, yes. Chris Baryst, he's an... asset of ours. I'm here helping with some of his training, among other things."

"Don't suppose you're going to elaborate on that," the detective shook his head in disgust.

"Don't suppose I will," Michelle beamed cheekily back. There was just something about being higher on the chain of information that Michelle couldn't help enjoying. "Cheer up, Tony, you've got one heck of a story to break to all those reporters over there. They're going to gobble you right up."

"Whatever, so you've got some hot shot kid in your stable who knows how to handle himself. What about the gunmen? What can you tell me?"

"Actually, this one came out of the blue on us. I'm pretty sure it was targeted at our asset but I'd appreciate it if you kept that to yourself. I'd owe you one. Chock it up to another act of random, senseless violence," Michelle spun her magic, asking them for a favour always seemed to work. Most people have difficulty saying no.

"So, this is not a terrorist attack?" Tony needed to be crystal clear about this part, the safety of his hometown was paramount to the desires of some cute NSA spook. It was all very well to keep the media's noses out of things, but he had to be sure this wasn't the start of something bigger.

"No, we don't believe so at this time," Michelle said.

"We don't believe so at this time," Tony parroted. "Nice. I might use that. And your asset, Christopher, where is he now? There are also a few accounts of a woman lying shot on the sidewalk. I'm sure forensics is about to have a ball cataloguing all the blood on the sidewalk."

"Ah, yes. There was a woman shot, Christopher took her to get treatment before you arrived."

"Her name?" Tony followed up.

"I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to discuss that," Michelle hoped her smile would smooth out this last big wrinkle.

"Jesus," Tony stewed. "You've got to be kidding me. You know I can't just throw the whole god damn thing out the window when you bat your eyelashes at me. We've got almost 80 shell casings in that van and bullet holes all over a downtown building. That doesn't just magically disappear when you snap your fingers. People want answers. What a fucking headache."

"I can help," Michelle pulled her card from her wallet and passed it to the disgruntled detective. "I'll have someone call your station tomorrow morning and everything will be fine. We'll take the two surviving gunmen off your hands too. If the FBI gives you any stick, send them my way. In the meantime, I need you to get ahead of the story. Can you do that for me, please, Tony?"

"What do you want me to say?" he sighed accepting her details.

"Why don't you paint a nice little picture of our hero fighting off a deranged, mindless, and hateful attack before rushing a wounded woman to hospital, possibly injured himself."

"Can I use his name?" Tony was tapping away in his phone madly.

"Sure, but leave out any mention of my agency. Perhaps the girl you were talking to earlier could be approached by the media for her comment."

"Of course," the detective's sarcasm was palpable. "What if something comes up?"

"Don't worry, Tony. I'll be keeping an eye on things."

"What? You gonna' work your spook magic?" Tony chuckled gruffly. Suits, they were so full of it.

"Something like that," she smiled, if only the poor detective knew the half of it. "But for god's sake, don't mention anything about the sniper when you find him."

"Sniper?!" the detective spluttered, looking cautiously up at the surrounding buildings. This was the first he was hearing about a sniper.

Michelle was already turning to walk away and simply pointed down the street at an old apartment building.

***

"I can't believe it, Dad, why would anyone want to hurt Chris? He's so nice," Hailey murmured, hugging Stephen close when he finally made it into the little conference room the dragon's brood had been escorted to.

Everyone looked up as Reyla burst into the room, obviously seething, followed closely by Michelle and her head of security, Timothy Garril.

Annabel shot up out of her seat and looked like she was about to demand something but was smart enough to catch Michelle's pleading look and frantic gesture to cut it out.

"Well, this is just what I need," the beautiful Drow glowered around the room, performing her duties in a silken robe once again because the dragon's troubles had her up in the middle of the night. "A shooting in the middle of my district. Humans crawling everywhere. It will be a wonder if they don't discover the tunnels and connections leading to the Compound."

"They won't," Tim assured. "The concealments are holding and we're quietly bringing in people who can help if they start to falter. Rufus says the enchantments at The Cauldron are fine even though there are police swarming all over it. They haven't even noticed our CCTV system."

"I've taken care of the police and media," Michelle added. "Come tomorrow I will use my authority to take over the investigation. It will be a good first case for the team I've been putting together."

"Yes," the elf purred dangerously as she paced back and forth in the confined space, everyone trying to give her room. "I'd like to know how this one slipped past our net. I'll admit you all did a satisfactory job of defending yourselves and containing the situation. Your enchantment is becoming quite formidable, Annabel."

Annabel couldn't help a little smile as Reyla gave her a nod of approval.

"Immi's been helping me," she explained proudly.

Reyla's scowl returned at the mention of the sprite who'd gone back to observe the happenings at the club after they'd all made it to the safety of the compound.

"Something tells me this was a human operation," Michelle speculated.

"But why would humans want to kidnap Chris? Could it be Radek again?" Susan asked.

Michelle and Tim shared a concerned look and Reyla paused her pacing at the mention of the name.

"I don't think so," Tim said. "After the fact, the attack seems woefully inadequate to capture Chris. They didn't stand a chance. I also don't think it was any of the other troublesome characters we try to keep an eye on, there were no Beings on the scene. It was just a couple of humans."

"They were well trained though," Michelle thought aloud. "It was a classic overwhelm and capture operation. It might even have worked if Annabel hadn't stepped in."

"We wouldn't have let our mate be taken," Petra said coolly.

"Yes, but having pictures of two full grown dragons rampaging around downtown on the morning news wouldn't have helped the situation at all," Reyla met the dragoness' glares head on.

"Never mind, I'll find out more tomorrow when we take the two survivors into custody," Michelle eased the growing tension.

"Is Lillian going to be okay?" Stephen finally asked. He'd known the vampire for several years now and just knew that things wouldn't be the same around Denver without her. She was like a buffer between Reyla and the 'real world.'

"Treacherous bitch," Reyla hissed, her anger boiling over yet again, the malice in the words triggered several gasps around the room. "Her connection to me broke almost half an hour ago. I hope your young dragon knows what he's doing."

***

It was just as wonderful as his scent had always promised. So strong, so rich. Her body tingled as the parasite animating her once living cells writhed in ecstasy, feasting on his powerful life essence. It was first in her mind as she began regaining consciousness, dominating her senses. It trickled over her wriggling tongue, a symphony of exquisite flavour and promised strength.

His magic had already spread throughout her body, forcing quivers and shakes as her muscles fired involuntarily, reconnecting to nerve pathways as the terrible damage to her head was repaired.

Something was rising inside her.

It grew slowly but before long her whole awareness was filled with the strangest feeling, like her spirit was being pulled in two directions at once. Her body began shivering uncontrollably.

Reyla's blood pact burned hot against the skin of her neck. The dragon's blood answered the challenge, racing through her veins to destroy the elf's. She tried to cry out, pain blossoming behind her eyelids. Her muscles locked in spasm, unable to even move as a battle raged inside her damaged body. It seemed to carry on interminably, but it was probably only a few minutes until she felt the tide turn.

He was winning. The elf's craftful magic was no match for his raw power, not when his potent blood was seeping into her every cell. She felt his essence moving inside her, bonding, burning out all trace of the Drow's influence. When it finally ended, tears of blood were seeping from behind her eyelids. They were half from the pain and half from happiness, for she knew she was free from Reyla forever.

When she finally calmed enough to enjoy his blood again, she wondered how it had come to this. She could remember turning, seeing the longing and sadness in his handsome face, then... her vampiric awareness could sense that half her brain was knitting and growing itself back together. She studied herself with that most basic of senses, watching the incredible regenerative power of the dark beast lurking inside her. Thankfully, it was consumed with repairing her and she didn't have to fight for dominance.

As more and more of her consciousness returned, she slowly grew aware of her surroundings. His warmth beneath her, the rhythm of his steady breathing. Was he asleep? She still couldn't really move.

His flavour was superlative. She knew now what the young vampire, Amanda must go through on a daily basis after tasting him. She had been right to warn Lillian, there was no way she could willingly return to human blood after tasting his rich, incredibly satisfying flavour. It was so heavy with life essence. She'd never imagined such a thing possible. He was so much better than her wildest fantasy.

There was something lurking there in his taste... she couldn't describe it. Her sensitive tongue could sense his human and dragon heritage but there was something else blended into the background. It was completely novel. This was surprising given her half millennia of life as a vampire, yet her parasite was deeply satisfied and yearned to feast on it forever.

Her womanhood came alive as more of his blood was absorbed. Such a delicious banquet had her dewing quickly, her sex giving an involuntary shudder of anticipation. She thought back to their argument. He had wanted to bed her, to truly have her as part of his brood. He felt for her. In truth, she felt something for him too. There was chemistry there and they had been dancing around each other for months now.

Her reasons for resisting him were now moot. Already she knew that with his blood passing her lips, he had absolute influence over her. There was no trace of resentment. He had saved her. If she had his blood, she would grow powerful. Her inner beast was excited by the thought. To have such a rich source of sustenance at her beck and call could eventually make her a ruler amongst her kind. It was a deeply arousing fantasy for the twisted and power-hungry creature his blood had set free.

It would not be without challenges. Firstly, she must jealously guard him from others of her species, from anyone. He would be hers alone, it was the only way. Greedy, she could not tolerate sharing him. He would have to be lured away from his little flock of leg-spreaders. How? With her body, of course.

The beginnings of her wide smile twitched the corners of her mouth. It wouldn't be long now, her body was warming, becoming more responsive again. The poor boy wasn't going to know what hit him, he was dealing with a professional.

***

A warm, pattering sensation intruded into his sleepy, dreamless mind. It felt so far away, so detached, yet still warm and pleasurable. The sensation rose up his body, accompanied by some sort of caress. He smiled stupidly, his mind foggy.

It was water, he decided as the sensation splashed warm across his face, into his hair. A hand followed behind, massaging his scalp and making him groan in satisfaction. He felt his cock twitch, eager for the same treatment. A faint feminine coo reached his ears and a warm weight settled on top of him, squirming sensuously against his bare skin.

Lips on his shoulder. Kisses. A hand ghosting teasingly down his abdomen, towards his swelling cock. A sharp nick of pain where her mouth touched him, raising his consciousness. A love bite? The woman sucked against his skin, sort of like the time Annabel gave him a mark on his neck. He could feel her body quiver against him, a muffled cry rising in her throat.

His mind fought the effects of the tranquiliser, his body filtering the drug from his system as fast as he could.

Her lips were against his ear, licking, nipping.

"Wake up little dragon, I need your full attention."

His eyes fluttered. He knew that voice. That adorable accent.

"Mmhh, yes, that's it. Typical that your cock wakes up first."

His body thrummed with warm arousal, a tortured groan of desire rising in response to her words, her touch. She leaned back and the warm water trailed back down across his chest and tummy, across his diamond hard erection. Her hand took a firm grip below his aching crown, squeezing almost torturously. Another cupped his testicles ever so gently and still the water splashed down.

"Lillian," it came out as a hoarse moan.

"Yes, my sweet, sweet dragon?"

Finally, he managed to will his eyes open, squinting against the light and misting water.

"Lillian!"

"I'm right here, Chris," the vampire leaned forward, kissing his chin playfully.

She was a vision above him, seen through bleary eyes. A wet, voluptuous goddess in red, her dress clinging indecently to her lush figure, absolutely soaked through. He blinked rapidly, hoping that it wasn't just his mind playing tricks on him. He thought it must be, the detachable showerhead was floating in mid-air next to her, spraying down over them both.

"What... you're okay?" He frowned, trying to raise himself in the tub but finding his body unresponsive. Whatever had been in that dart really packed a punch. All he could do was raise his head a little, finally getting a decent look at her.

"I'm fine. Thanks to your blood I've made a remarkable recovery."

She still held his member captive, stroking slowly up and down like it was the most natural thing in the world.

"Lillian! Your eyes!" Chris frowned, her usually hazel eyes were completely black. No pupil, no iris, no sclera, just a soulless black orb. His heart started to race. He barely managed to lift his head, looking down across their bodies. His clothes were shredded. Her hands, wrapped so lovingly around his manhood, were tipped with wicked black talons. "Lillian?"

She smiled down predatorily, her pearly fangs coming to rest on her bottom lip. Her hands didn't release his throbbing cock as she leaned in, sniffing him, brushing her lips above his now thundering heart.

"Just like a little scared little rabbit," she crooned.

"Lillian!" he'd never seen her like this before. "Lillian, I can't move, the tranquilizer?!"

"What tranquilizer?" she purred. "I've got you right where I want you."

She sunk her fangs into his pectoral muscle without warning and there was absolutely nothing he could do. His arms lay uselessly at his sides. He groaned in pain as she slurped and licked greedily at the crimson fluid welling up in the two puncture wounds. A warmth spread out from the wound, his cock twitched harder when it should have been wilting in terror, a trickle of slimy precum leaking from the tip. Shit, it wasn't the tranquiliser at all! It was her vampire's feeding toxin. She had paralysed him and now she was going to fucking eat him alive!

"Lillian, please! It hurts," he croaked.

She giggled, a sound he was sure he'd never heard from her before. The vampire abandoned her meal to rise above him once again. His own blood stained her lips, running down her chin and onto her pale neck. Her dead eyes gave nothing away. No sympathy, no remorse, no emotion whatsoever.

"What's wrong, Chris?" Suddenly he could feel her sinister claws against the tender skin of his ball sack, a threat any male would instantly understand. "One little peak at the real me and the big bad dragon is a whimpering little kitten? You'd better get used to this, young one. I resisted tasting you for months, tortured myself with your scent. You have done this yourself! You chose to feed me your blood. You broke my blood pact I will not go back after tasting you. Now you have to live with the consequences!"

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 304 milliseconds