Eternally Yours

Anne's therapy seemed to be hardly helping her. She needed answers. Some purpose... The Reasons for her escape. Why did she survive and neither of the other two? What did she need to do now to make the second life she had got count? What could she do to make their lives better? She was aware of her father's distress too and it broke her from within. Something was beckoning her, waiting for her to understand, but she couldn't grasp it. She had a strong feeling that her solution was out there somewhere. Only if she could find it.

Derek too had the same strong feeling, but he was not sure if finding the answer would be best in their stride. Something inside him told him, the solution would change their lives forever. That too, in a manner irreversible and something he was not ready for.

He had often found her crying her heart out on the sofa when he returned home in the evening, or cuddled in a corner of the kitchen, the food she had been attempting scattered on the floor or the gas burner alight. She would be mumbling of how she had killed her mother and sister, and ruined his life too. It broke his heart every time and he would gather her in his embrace crying with her.

It was all until the message in a bottle arrived one evening, and changed everything forever. He had been surprised to find Anne rather excited one evening when he returned home. She had carefully laid the dinner on the table and was waiting for him eagerly by the time he had freshened up. It was a simple ready to eat fare, but for him it was a welcome change and he had wondered if her therapy was finally working.

But she had soon proved him wrong by suddenly asking him in the middle of the dinner, whether he belonged to the Soga Mroa tribe.

"What?!" He had exclaimed. He had no idea if he did or did not. He only knew his ancestors were migrants from the islands of Lakshadweep, so he might as well be as not. He had not even heard of the tribe before.

She had then produced a bottle from under the table. There was a parchment inside it and Anne had told him that she had found it on the beach that evening. It had floated up to her seemingly out of nowhere and no one else seemed to be aware of it.

Derek had retrieved the parchment again and unrolled it to find a list of families belonging to the Soga Mroa tribe. The parchment itself was like one they showed in history channels belonging to ancient books, and made of a lovely golden tweed fabric. Indeed he had found his Surname 'Meigo' at the end of the list, separated a little from the rest, along with two other surnames. It was signed Treilma Ara, and the list seemed genuine even to him.

He still had no idea what it all meant and Anne had expressed her wish to research it. Maybe this was the answer she was looking for. Derek had felt reluctance in letting her do so, or at least do some research himself before allowing her. But the shine he had seen in her eyes was something he had been desperate for in the past few months, and so he had given her his alacrity. If only to see her happy. She had given him her first genuine smile in months, and it had been reward enough for him.

In the week that followed Anne had feverishly immersed herself into researching all about every tip off she could preen from the parchment. Every evening he had returned to learn about how much or little information she could gather from the internet and the local library. There was not much gen about the tribe. Only that it was a largely secluded, self-sufficient community inhabiting some vague remote island of Lakshadweep. There was a mystic power revered by the community that protected and guided its people. A shrine was situated right in the middle of the island as a symbolism of such power, and it served as the community centre and support system for its people. Only a few researchers had been able to find the island, and fewer still had been able to enter the community and befriend them. The laws and norms of the community were straight, simple and definite with clear cut rules and consequences preordained for every situation. Very few matters called for discussion and deviation, and such occasions were nearly unheard of.

Anne had tried to search out for the other surnames from The List on social media, and was shocked to realise that the only people active online were people whose surnames were enlisted a little off the list. There were only a handful of them too at that. Most of them had deigned to ignore her friend-requests and a couple of them who had, had no idea of what she was speaking about.

Derek couldn't comprehend what purpose all this research would serve, or why his daughter undertook it with such ferocity. In fact, a strange apprehension plagued him the more she researched. Add to it the strange ways he had begun to notice she looked at him sometimes. As if he was some great puzzle, or as if she had never seen him before. He had even tried to dissuade or distract her in his own way.

But she had grown so passionate about it all. The sparkle in her eyes, and the lively smile which greeted him every time he returned home were his undoing. He was willing to go through the whole world just to see her so lively and happy always. He had had no inkling then of exactly what he was bargaining for to ensure just that.

Anne had cleverly put two and two together and soon pieced together the jumble for herself. She had found a nearly 150 year old written documentary in the city library, on tribal India back then by a British journalist. It had revealed to her that though hostile to outsiders the community displayed commendable brotherhood, and never abandoned each other at any cost. Only two families had been exiled from the island in the past 500 years or so. One among them being the Meigo. The estrangement had been very recent back then and as a result of a curse to beget only sons for the next seven generations to come.

This titbit had puzzled Derek all the more. In a society where sons were still more dear, and daughters had to prove their mettle to be valued; why would someone curse anybody with only sons, and why would it even be seen as such a shameful curse as to deserve exile. His own family had prided themselves for producing only sons for so many generations, and teased him to no end for breaking the family record. For his part, he had been truly happy with the girls. There were really precious to him.

This also proved that the gen Anne was collecting had some truth about it. Was what his family prided over as boon actually a curse? He did not know then that Anne had solved the mystery of the curse as well, but chosen to keep it a secret from him. And in this secret she had found hope.

His sweet torture had started one night when he had fallen asleep before the telly, and woken up in the middle of the night to a soft feminine lips pressed awkwardly to his. The kiss was lingering, full of love, and her hands cradled his face protectively. His sex-starved body had reacted instinctively with his hands capturing her head close to his, and deepening the kiss. He absently moaned his approval even to her lousy attempts. But his mind had quickly caught up with reality and the next moment he had pushed away the female off him as if scorched and jumped to his feet, only to realise that his seductress was none other than his own daughter.

He had been too shocked and confused to react aptly, and he had only managed to send her off to bed after berating her mildly and asking her not to do such a thing again. He didn't want to hear any excuses, as there could hardly be an acceptable reason for her behaviour. He also had felt so guilty for being turned on by her.

The next day at breakfast Anne had taken up the incident herself. He had apologised for his behaviour, but she had cut him short, and claimed she had initiated the kiss intentionally. And she was deeply in love with him.

"You might think I'm deluded," she explained. "But I have truly and desperately fallen in love with you. In these past few months you have become the reason for my existence. Your strong support and love have come to mean the world to me. It's hard to explain, but I know its love what I feel for you, and I want to dedicate my whole life for you. And last night.... You looked so stressed and lonely even in your sleep. It broke my heart and I just wanted to kiss it all away. And that's exactly what I had sought to do."

"You are deluded, Anne!' Derek had berated her once again, just like she had said. "You are mistaking filial love for something else. It's natural to feel such empathy as a family. Especially, after what we have suffered through recently. But what you seek to give me is wrong. It just can't be. I'm your father!"

"I love you, and that is all I know." She had stood her ground firmly.

He lost his calm then, asked her sternly to put an end to such evil ideas right there, and stormed out.

The next few days had however only seen her grow more bold in her advances on him. Her entire attitude had changed towards him and he did not know what to do about it. Apparently, his initial reaction had been enough to convince her that her case was not so hopeless after all. Her father still had desires and through her love she could actually take their life back to normal. He had shrugged her off just like any gentleman father. Wasn't it all wrong? A taboo? And he had never harboured such intentions for his daughter. They had argued long and hard almost every other day. She had even gone as far as to strip herself off her T-shirt and pull him into a desperate kiss one night in the middle of one such argument just to convince him.

But one incident which stood out from the rest had happened one morning in mid-May. Anne had experienced another terrible nightmare the previous night and he had cradled her back to sleep the same way. It had come as a relief for him to realise that Anne never attempted to venture into his bed, and never exploited the moments he offered to calm her after such panic attacks. It spoke volumes of her change of heart. She was not trying to replace her mother, or compensate his loss. She was offering a new life for him. A fresh start. And she knew what she was up to. But he just couldn't accept it. Could he? It was all wrong. Was it not?

It so happened that morning, he had woken up to a throbbing erection, and a sleep ruffled, smiling Anne tangled in his arms. Her face was illuminated with the passion of her youth, and her eyes were full of love and desire for him. He had immediately got off the bed and scanned his surrounding. He had fallen asleep beside her in her room while cradling her to sleep without even realising it! He had turned to look at her feeling sheepish over the slip on his part, and fearing her reaction. What he saw had knocked the breathe out of his chest.

Anne lay sultrily before him, her arms outstretched and her womanly form in all glory. "You don't have to leave, Papa..." she had rasped with seductive calm looking directly into his eyes. Her eyes had then flicked to his erection and back as she continued, "... And take care of that yourself. I'm here for you."

Derek had fled that instant and shut himself up in his room. His daughter was turning into devil's temptation and that day she had outdone herself.

"Preizo, come! The movie's over." Derek was pulled from his reverie by his daughter this time. Indeed the screen was wrapping up the credits roll and the hall was nearly empty now.

Anne stood before him tugging at his hand, and the seductive smile on her countenance told him that she had divined what exactly he had been thinking of. He smiled in admittance and allowed her to lead holding her close to his side.

"So, enjoyed the movie?" He asked as they stepped out in the pavement again.

"Yes! You do know how amazing his movies always are."

He simply rolled his eyes to hint that he actually did not know and laughed when she playfully swat his arms in response.

"I do hope you at least followed the gist of the storyline," She continued. "It will be a shame not to be able to discuss it with you later on."

"Well, you can always tell me the story," he suggested. Then lowering his voice he added, "You know, on nights when we both are satiated and spent but not sleepy!"

Anne blushed at the enunciation, but held her head up, drew her lips closer to his and responded in a sultry whisper, "But we always have other things in mind then."

Derek knew she was only playing along. What could he probably do in public after all? But he sensed the challenge in her undertone, and so he tightened his hold around her and leaning in closer he whispered, "Then it would act as a wonderful distraction, would it not?" Before capturing her lips in a long and hot kiss.

"Preizo!" Anne breathed when he finally let go. Her lips were a bit swollen and quivered lightly from the force of his kiss. She looked around even as she tried to catch her breathe to see if anybody had noticed them or worse taken offence. A few couples were smiling at them understandingly, few others even winked at them. Otherwise no one seemed to mind.

"Come, let's go before anybody throws us out for improper public behaviour," she urged pulling him along even as her blush coloured her cheeks. "I hope lunch is next up in your plan. I'm famished."

He was surprising her more often these days. He had never indulged in such public display of affection before, not even on the island. She silently wished that this new found happiness of theirs would always remain so.

Derek followed along chuckling inwardly. She would never dare challenge him in public again. Goodness! He had so enjoyed the thrill of it. He would love to do it again. But he had to agree he had taken a great risk on a whim. He would have to choose his location sensibly next time.

Lunch was a cozy affair. He had already booked a table for two in an uptown garden restaurant, and let her choose from the menu. The food was delicious, and they discussed their next venue during the course of it. He intended to take her on a local shopping spree. He had plans to order some fruits for the island up to Meem. On the look of doubt on her face, he had laughed and informed her that Treilma Ara has sanctioned his list. The fruits wouldn't be such great a temptation. She had relaxed and smiled sheepishly then. He then planned to show her around some places of interest till sunset which he planned to view from the Jalandhar Beach which was famous for its breathtaking sunset.

As evening progressed he realised all the inhibitions he had felt about going out in public with her, when he had planned it all, had been for nought. He felt strangely at peace with her. As if he truly belonged to her, and she was his alone. He felt no shame in flaunting her to the world. All the mortifications he had felt at her earlier advances seemed from a different life now.

Breakfast that day after she had invited him back to her bed had been a terrible affair. He had lost his calm horribly, when she had accidentally touched him. He had left her reduced to tears, and both hadn't spoken to each other for the next two days. She had stayed to herself but made it clear enough that she was still adamant about the new relationship she wanted with him, and would not hear otherwise.

On the evening of third day, he had been stretched thin and couldn't stand their hostility any more. He had returned with the intention to make her sit and understand his perception. He hoped she would finally see sense and life would return to normal. But he had again been in for a surprise, with Anne being her earlier cheerful self. She wasn't even trying to seduce him.

She had made a nice dinner and made small talk. He however knew she had another reason for this change of attitude. He feared if it was actually a change of tact, and desperately hoped not. She had smiled divining his thoughts and assured him it was nothing such. She had then revealed another bottled message, she informed she had arrived that evening in similar fashion. There was a similar parchment inside, again signed Treilma Ara. This time it was a local navigation map of the Lakshadweep, and his intuition told it was actually an invite; a chance to return to their roots.

"Even I think so," Anne had said divining his thoughts again. "Please, Shall we go, Papa?"

"I'm not sure, Anne. What if this is a trap? What if its a joke? They may turn out to be anyone- dacoits, pirates, cannibals! We don't even know if this is genuine, honey. How can we trust two wayward parchments that appeared out of nowhere?"

"I trust your instincts, Papa," she had calmly responded. "And you know, these are genuine. Even facts fit perfectly. Please, let's go. I trust this is our calling."

"But let us at least think over it well. We just cannot jump blindly into anything. These are uncharted territories."

"The territory is charted right before you." She had joked.

"You know what I mean!" He had smiled too. "But we don't know our destination. There is hardly a spot marked."

"Meem has been highlighted slightly." She pointed out.

Indeed it was. But his instincts told him it was not their destination. The boats that were drawn away disappearing into oblivion from Meem like foot prints were actually important.

"You really think so?" She had questioned. "Even I did feel the boats were an important clue."

Her observations that day cleared away any doubts he might have had about her mind reading skill. It was clear she actually read minds and did not just make intelligent guesses, like his wife had believed. Maybe it was a power bestowed on her as a part of the tribe. It also had him finally thinking seriously about her research and the tribe.

The first parchment had helped Anne come out of her trauma. Maybe this trip could actually solve their problems. And he had spent a better part of the next few weeks trying to decide the best course of action. His instincts favoured the trip. But how far could he go relying only on his instincts?

Anne had finally thrown him a bait a few days later which he had found too difficult to resist. She had offered to agreeing to his any condition if he took her to the island just once. He could actually put an end to all her recent antics with a single bargain. And it was a little trip after all. He also had a strong feeling that this trip will solve his dilemmas.

He had at long last agreed, and the weekend saw them on their way to Meem. They had been at a loss for further directions there when a tall, dark and charming man in his early 50's had arrived at the inn, apparently looking for someone. Their eyes had met and Derek's instincts had felt a strange affinity with this man. The man had introduced himself as Deiro and said he could lead them to Treilma Ara if they wished.

"How do you know we wish to meet Treilma Ara?" Derek had asked.

"I have the power to read faces, brother. Just like the way this amazing lady here can read minds."

"How do we trust you?" Derek had again questioned despite his favourable instincts.

"Trust me if your instincts does." He had offered with a smile.

And trust him they did. Arriving at the island had been another great affair. Deiro had taken them directly to the shrine where a soulful and elderly man waited for them with open arms. Treilma Ara had turned out to be the title of the elderly man who was the caretaker of the shrine, and Head of the island by default.

He had smiled knowingly at them, and welcomed Anne into the community as Iva. Seven drums had immediately rung to gather the entire community and everyone had been awestruck to know that the heir of Meigo had finally returned. Deiro had all the while murmured a running commentary in Derek's ears explaining briefly everything that unfolded before them.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 105 milliseconds