• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Toys & Masturbation
  • /
  • Every Girl Should Have a Friend Named Betty

Every Girl Should Have a Friend Named Betty

12

"Bradford, Brown, and Wetherby," announced the receptionist. "How may I direct your call?"

"Michelle Franklin, please."

"May I tell her who is calling?"

"This is Jeff."

"One moment please."

Jeff managed two solid breaths before Miss Franklin responded, "This is Michelle."

"Hey, Michelle, it's Jeff. I, uh, hope I'm not bothering you at work."

Michelle leaned back in her chair, propping her feet up on her desk. "Nope. I wouldn't have given you my number if I didn't want you to call me here. What's up?"

"I tried calling you at home last night, actually the last few nights." Jeff paused to gulp as he considered his next sentence, dreading many of the possible replies. "I was wondering when I might see you again?"

Michelle smiled, though no one could see it. "You mean you didn't succeed?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"You said you tried to call?"

Jeff rolled his eyes. "Ok, I succeeded. I guess you were out."

"I was with my friend Alice," Michelle replied, her smile evolving into something of a smirk.

Jeff sighed. "You were out with her once last week, right?"

"Yes. More than once, although we weren't exactly out."

"You two, uh, must be pretty close."

Michelle paused for effect, then reply softly, "Alice is my best friend at the moment. And, yes, we are very close. You might even say intimate."

Jeff inhaled sharply. "Intimate?"

"Yes," Michelle said. "I've always had very close friends like Alice. I like to see them often, most evenings as a matter of fact. I'm afraid they've chased more than a few of my boyfriends away."

"I see." Jeff licked his lips as he considered whether to take what he interpreted as an obvious hint. His timid soul begged him to opt for the easy route. "Well, if you'd rather see Alice, I understand. Thanks for the two dates; they were fun. I hope you and..."

"No!" Michelle snapped as her smile dissolved. "Wait!" Her feet slammed onto the floor and she sprang forward in her chair. "That's not what I meant!"

"Ok." Jeff paused to exude a sigh of relief. "What did you mean?"

That was close you idiot, Michelle scolded herself. What if he'd hung up? No more fucking games. She nodded as if to affirm that resolve. "I still want to see you. I just want you to understand, about Alice and all; but it's difficult for me to just come out and say it. It's more than a little embarrassing for a girl to admit to certain things, especially to guys.

"Hey, I'm bi," thought Jeff. How hard is that to say? Not like I'd dump you over it; or would I? Will I? Two seconds of consideration produced no obvious answer. "It might help me understand if I met this Alice," he finally suggested.

"Well, our next date would be our third. I can't think of a better time." Her eyes widened as she realized she had upped the ante considerably. "If you want to, that is?"

The exchange of sentences left Jeff even more confused. "Will Alice be joining us then? On the date, I mean."

"Not on the date," Michelle said. "But we could maybe get together afterward at my place. If you want to come back to my place, of course." She inhaled a quick breath as she realized the extent of her own bravado. Slow down! she counseled herself. What the hell are you doing? You must be panicking. Calm yourself!

Jeff nearly laughed. How could he not want to go back to her place? "You have something in mind then?"

"I have lots of things in mind," Michelle said. "But nothing set in stone. Is tomorrow evening ok?"

"Saturday?"

"That is tomorrow."

"Ok."

"Pick me up at six," Michelle said. "No, make it seven."

"I'll be there," Jeff assured.

"I know," Michelle replied, in a pleasant, rather than haughty, manner.

"See you then," Jeff said.

"See you then," Michelle concluded.

Jeff gently lowered the receiver and exhaled a long deliberate breath. He'd only known Michelle a few weeks, half-dozen hours at most, if one added them all up. He still didn't know what to make of her, except she made his heart race in every way a man's can.

Jeff brought his thumb to his lips, idly nibbling at the nail. What is it, he wondered, that makes her so special? It's not just that she's pretty. Is it? I know it's more than that, but what? And what about this other girl? Can I ever be serious with a woman that has a girlfriend on the side?

"You're not still trying with that lawyer dame, are you?"

Jeff shook his thoughts from his head and looked up to see one of his co-workers. "Yes, Mort. I am."

The other man shook his head. "I told you, you're just wasting your time; and money."

"That's for me to decide."

"That's what Travis said too," Mort said. "But he wised up after a month or so of spending money and gettin' nothing for it."

"Travis is a dick," Jeff retorted.

"More like Travis has a dick," Mort countered. "One that gets a lot of action. But he didn't get past first base with lawyer girl. If he couldn't get anywhere with her, why do you think you will?"

Jeff averted the other man's gaze and sighed. "I like her. I don't care if I never get anywhere with her."

Mort snorted. "That's so much bullshit. Everyone wants to get somewhere with a babe like that. Too bad she's a snicker licker."

"A what?"

"Snicker licker," Mort repeated. "Dyke. Rug-muncher. You know."

"Why can't you just say lesbian?" Jeff asked.

"I can," Mort chuckled. "I just like the other names better."

Jeff crossed his arms and leered.

"Pity too," Mort continued. "Because that babe is perfect."

"No one's really perfect," Jeff noted.

"You're right," Mort agreed. "Her face is rather mediocre."

"It is not!"

Mort snorted his amusement. "You are so whipped."

To the other man's surprise, Jeff smiled. He was thinking of Michelle's exquisite face and hadn't heard a word of the last sentence. Mort just shook his head and walked away.

Jeff would have been amazed to know that across town Michelle was still staring at her phone, similarly giddy, yet also concerned. Mort had good cause to think her a lesbian. Her friend Alice, and Alice's predecessors, had indeed sent more than a few potential suitors fleeing.

Not that Michelle lamented the loss. All of her previous prospects had been pigs; or as she liked to put it, "Swine defined." Having been cursed with the kind of beauty that routinely turns heads and drops jaws, the curvy brunette had never attracted the polite, yet shy, sort of man for which she yearned.

After several years of one arrogant jerk after another, Michelle had essentially concluded that all men were the same: necessary for procreation, but otherwise worthless. She had moved to a new town, thrown herself into her career and, for leisure, acquired friends the likes of Alice. She'd dated occasionally after the move, but never for long.

Michelle had never been sad to see a relationship end, no matter who had allegedly done the breaking up with whom. She wasn't sure if she'd ever really been in love. But Jeff was different. She knew it, even if he didn't. Given how long it had taken her to find such a man, she was truly concerned about the possibility of losing him.

While hardly leading man material, Jeff was far from homely. He was her height or a shade taller, a tad on the slender side, but with a dignified, even aloof appearance. His hair and eyes were both black, the latter being both deep and near set, lending him a brooding countenance.

Michelle smiled as she pictured him, though attractiveness was low on her list of desirable traits. She considered looks a bonus; in Jeff's case a big bonus, since everything else about him seemed so perfect.

She had met the man in a bookstore instead of a bar. When she had appeared lost, he'd simply offered to help her find her book. He'd looked at her eyes, not her breasts. He'd held the door, carried her bags, and walked her to the car. All without any pretext; he never even asked for her number; she'd had to request his.

In short, Jeff had proven everything the others were not; a simple gentleman. He planned the evenings, and picked up the tab. He opened the door and pulled out her chair. He did all the driving. Sure, it was only twice, but he had been punctual on both occasions and each time he had brought a rose, both pink, the first one slightly paler than the second.

Michelle felt like more than just a lady when she was with Jeff; she felt like royalty. Of course, in his eyes, she was. Yet often she wondered what he saw in her, rather than the other way around. Sure, she knew she was pretty. So many had wanted her only for her beauty, she had begun to doubt she had anything else to offer.

Michelle dropped her gaze to the pile of papers on her desk. Her vision blurred as her eyes moistened. In that instant she resolved to give up Alice and her ilk, if that was what was required, in order to keep Jeff. But she prayed it wouldn't be necessary. Why should it? The right man would understand. Wouldn't he?

* * * * *

Michelle was a bundle of nerves the following evening as she watched the second hand sweep across the seven o'clock hour. She knew she had offered to take the relationship physical later that night and was having second thoughts; not so much about Jeff, but about herself.

She had never observed the third date rule with any other boyfriend. Most of the time she had been prudish by intent in order to judge the prospect's reactions. On each such occasion, her suspicions had been confirmed, usually by the conspicuous absence of a fourth date.

With Jeff, however, Michelle was confident no such evaluation was required. She knew he was dating her because he enjoyed her company, not because he tolerated her company for a chance at what he really wanted.

The woman sighed heavily, her gaze fixed on the carpet. She was sure Jeff would never expect her to keep her impromptu pledge. She imagined he'd never even mention it, should she change her mind. Her thoughts turned to Alice. Alice was a reliable companion to be sure, always there when needed; but still, she was only a physical friend. Jeff could be so much more.

Michelle wondered if she was being overly sentimental, or downright crazy. "It's not like Alice's going to be hurt," she mumbled to herself.

The doorbell rang, startling the young lady. She started to rush to the entryway, but recovered to walk with a more deliberate stride.

Jeff smiled as the door opened. "Hello." He nodded politely and extended his left hand and the single stem contained therein.

"It's beautiful!" Michelle gasped as she beheld and then accepted the flower. "I've never seen such a rose; it's almost purple."

Jeff nodded. "It's lilac."

"Lilac?" Michelle said. "Where do you get lilac?"

Jeff shrugged modestly. "Once you know what you want, it's a lot easier to find."

Michelle's eyes wandered a bit, before returning to his. "I guess so."

Jeff stood aside. "Ready?"

Michelle smiled. "Yes."

In spite of Jeff's entirely adequate planning, the couple found the evening an awkward one, their worst date by far. Each was aware of the other's unease; yet found no way to relieve it. The anxiety level reached a peak as the pair arrived at the lady's door.

"I forgot my rose," Michelle declared, though foliage was hardly her biggest concern at that moment.

Jeff smiled and moved his off hand from behind his back.

Michelle beamed. "Thank you. Would you hold it for a moment please?" She turned slightly and moved her keys to the lock.

"You're welcome," Jeff said. "But I'm afraid that was about the only thing I did right tonight."

Michelle turned the handle and cracked the door. Then she spun and asked, "What do you mean?" as she grasped her flower.

Jeff issued a substantial sigh as he tried to find a way to verbalize his feelings. "I should have brought this up first thing instead of last," the man ventured solemnly. "I don't know for sure what you meant about that third date bit yesterday, but I think that's a bunch of nonsense myself; something cads use to maybe convince a lady to do something they want but she doesn't. I don't understand how third date got confused with wedding night anyway, so I don't want you to feel obliged in any way to conform to such silly notions. I'm perfectly comfortable calling it an evening."

Michelle pressed her lips firmly together as she pondered the statement on face value and then tried to dissect it for any unsaid meanings. "Does that mean you don't want to?"

Jeff twisted his neck in a manner that looked far from comfortable. "Well I..."

"I want to," Michelle interrupted, unwilling to allow an answer she might not want to hear.

"What?"

"I want you," she clarified in a whisper. "Inside my house for starters. Maybe inside of more." She paused. Her chest heaved as she passed a breath while gauging her desires.

Do you really want him? Michelle asked herself as she tossed open her door and stepped inside. Or are you just thinking to put out so as to not lose him? She absently stroked her lower lip with the rose as she continued to consider the issue. You know he'll be back. You can wait. But, that's it! You don't want to wait, do you? You want to know tonight.

She turned and brought her eyes squarely to his. "Yes," she whispered with a nod. "I definitely want you inside of more."

Jeff's eyes swelled with his apprehension. He tried, and failed to swallow before inquiring, "Are you sure?"

Michelle grabbed his hand and leaned backward. A wide smile graced her features. "I've never been more sure."

Jeff sensed a burning in his chest and realized he could not remember his last breath. "Ok," he muttered before allowing himself to inhale.

Michelle continued to smile as she gently drew the bashful man into her home, securing the door behind them. There, in her foyer, she draped her forearms over his shoulders and moved her face to his. Their first kiss was as tentative as it was brief.

"I hope..." Jeff began the instant his mouth was free.

Michelle moved a hand to the back of the man's head and pulled his face closer, terminating the unwelcome sentence, confirming their first foray with a second, more substantial, exchange.

Jeff's eyes wandered as their lips parted. "I hope I don't disappoint you."

Michelle shook her head slowly. "You won't," she announced, praying that time would prove her claim correct. She allowed her palm to fall, tracing the contour of his arm until her hand found his. "Let's go."

With that, she began to walk in reverse, her gaze demurely dropped in an unconscious bid to lessen her man's doubts. At a premeditated pace, she backed down the short corridor to her bedroom. Her focus wavered slightly as the pair passed through the threshold. To her surprise, she became nervous.

It's been so long, Michelle realized. How long? Three years, maybe four? Yes, at least four. You'd given up on men, hadn’t you? And with good reason; not like you need one. But you do want one after all, don't you?

Against her wishes, her thoughts shifted to Alice. Can any man compare? Her chin popped upward just an inch, but an important inch. If any man can compare, it will be this one. But if he doesn't... She didn't really want to think about that possibility.

Jeff fortunately did not notice his companion's momentary disquiet. In the shadows of the unlit room, the subtleties of her expression were by providence obscured.

Michelle stopped at the foot of her bed and pulled her form once more to his, extending her neck that tiny bit upward to bring their faces adjacent. As their lips met, her fingers sought the buttons of his shirt. Taking the cue, Jeff put his hands to work on the seams of her apparel.

Her body writhed yet she managed to keep her lips locked on his while kicking her shoes from her feet. She cast off her socks as well and then broke their oral embrace, intent on shedding her blouse. But Jeff had other ideas. He reached to grasp the edge of the loose cloth, and then slid the garment down her arms, falling with it until he rested on his haunches.

From his kneeling position, Jeff extended his hands behind Michelle's back, fumbling for the hooks he expected to find there. She smiled and reached for the fasteners that rested between her bulging cups. Unhooking the clasp, she pealed the cloth slowly from her bosom, exposing her bountiful mounds.

Jeff gasped as he beheld their magnificence. He recovered quickly to move his parted lips, seeking not a nipple but her navel, kissing his way around the rim of the sensitive indentation. He smiled between kisses as the woman's stomach muscles trembled beneath his lips.

From there, he eased his mouth over Michelle's abdomen in what seemed to her to be a random pattern, yet he managed to steer his lips ever northward. Her breaths came large and slow as her hands found his head.

Jeff's drooping eyelids popped upward as he felt the woman's fingers explore his coiled locks, grasping them, pulling ever so slightly upward. He ceased his wandering route, moving his mouth to the lower edge of her bosom. There he at first kissed, then suckled, the soft underside of her breasts.

Michelle's lungs expanded with her excitement. Every man before had moved straight to her nipples as if it were feeding at the zoo. She began to run her fingers through his hair with more force, caressing his scalp. Her knees twitched, as if they sought to buckle inward. "That's nice," she whispered. Her hands slid downward to cradle the man's cheeks. Bringing her nose to nuzzle his wavy locks, she exerted a gentle pressure upward.

Jeff took the hint and shifted his mouth over one of her already swollen nubs. Michelle's body tensed as she felt the affection behind the man's tender suckling, so different it was from the lustful feasting that she had previously experienced. Her hands moved to above his ears where she combed the subtle curls of his locks, her fingers moving through his hair in the same gentle fashion that his mouth moved across her flesh.

Jeff alternated without a schedule, but with a purpose; loving each of Michelle's breasts as equitably as possible. Over that score of blissful minutes, she let her appreciation be known with tender sighs and subtle moans. Finally, when her respiration became more audible and he could feel the force of her breath atop his head, only then did he sense it was time to move on.

Allowing his nerve to build over a long breath, Jeff slid his lips back to the lower reaches of Michelle's bosom while his hands moved to her waistline, seeking the seam of her slacks. With an awkward determination, he unfastened and then slid the clothes from her body, his lips never forsaking their duty until his hands reached the extent of their range.

Michelle stepped from her slacks, expecting her lover to stand and remove his own trousers. Instead, he moved his mouth back to her torso, planting his lips in the center of her chest, just below her bosom. With an almost piquing pace, he kissed his way down the well-defined cleft of her abdomen, making a leisurely circuit around her navel.

With his mouth pressed firmly to the lower edge woman's belly button, Jeff paused. With neither word nor warning, he thrust his flattened palms between her knees and, in the same motion, moved his hands upward until her weight rested upon his arms.

Michelle gasped at the unexpected action, then tensed as she felt her feet leave the carpet. Her fingers instinctively flew to the man's head, cradling his chin against her belly to steady her balance. She looked into his suddenly confident eyes while he moved her from the floor to the edge of the mattress. As he sensed her weight transfer to the bedsprings, he slid his palms down her form, snagging her panties as they moved.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Toys & Masturbation
  • /
  • Every Girl Should Have a Friend Named Betty

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 13 milliseconds