Fallen Ch. 15

"You do now. You have a home, a family, food, shelter, clothes... whatever you need."

"But I... I couldn't..."

"You don't need to." I help him to his feet and he hastily pulls on his trousers. While he is doing it I turn my back to allow him his dignity. Again... when did I care about the dignity of a pet? That would be Astaria.

Crouching beside Alex, I gently rouse him and help him to his feet. He is shaky and confused but when Sam takes him in his arms he smiles.

"We're going to be alright now, Alex. We're going to have a home, somewhere warm, somewhere we can be ourselves, be with each other."

"Can we trust him?"

"Can we afford not to? I almost lost you, Alex. I couldn't take care of you. I sat here waiting for you to die so I could follow. I watched you fall asleep, knowing you wouldn't wake up and this morning when... when I couldn't wake you, I... I gave up." He wipes his hand across his eyes. "I failed you. He saved you. He saved us both. We have to go with him. We're out of options."

"I told you, Sam," I say softly, "there are always options."

"Not for us. Not anymore."

Carefully, Alex turns towards me, staring into my eyes. I realise they are green, not as green as Bridge's but moss green, like a forest floor. He takes a step forward and reaches out to touch me.

"I remember. I remember you coming to me. I know what you are. I know what you did but... I think... I think I was close to death and a voice spoke to me. She said that I should come back so that I could help you. She said that if you keep letting Star run away, he won't ever stop, that you shouldn't keep running after him, just make him stop. He's part of her soul, after all, and he won't fight too hard. That's what she said... oh and that we should trust you."

I can't drag my eyes away from him. I can't move. I can't breathe. I actually take a step back as the red light flares in his pupils for a brief instant, and then it is gone.

"Are you alright? Did I say the wrong thing?"

"No... no you didn't. You said exactly the right thing."

I smile and reach out my hands. Sam gives Alex an uncertain glance but when Alex willingly takes my hand he takes a deep breath and follows.

They are as surprised as all the others when we cross the bridge and find ourselves in a different world. They are all eyes, staring around them in wonder. When we approach the house they both stop dead.

"What's wrong?"

"It...it's huge and it looks..."

"It's home, Alex. It's your home now. It isn't a prison, or a museum, or a hostel or a hotel. It's your home. Don't be afraid. Don't ever be afraid."

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Gay Male
  • /
  • Fallen Ch. 15
  • /
  • Page ⁨2⁩

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 300 milliseconds