• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Familiar Friends Ch. 01

Familiar Friends Ch. 01

12

A warm breeze flicked at the heavy pages of Liz's sketchbook and she yawned, stretching luxuriously in the morning sun. Bones popped in the young woman's back as she wiggled into the full body stretch, arms raised to the sky. Her jaw cracked, mouth opening wide before she lowered her arms, twisting each joint. She felt drowsy, warmed by the sun. Liz's eyelids drooped heavily but then sprung open suddenly. Her ears twitched at a faint, one-sided conversation.

"... yeah, I think I see her now," an approaching voice said. "No, probably just thirty minutes. I need to get back to work so I can't be long. I'll call you when I'm done. Love you, babe!" Liz's ears swiveled minutely but she sat where she was, smiling slightly. It was the first day of a full moon and her senses were unusually sharp. "Liz!"

Liz feigned surprise as she turned around. "Rachel," the young woman said, standing to greet her friend. "Thanks so much for coming to lunch with me."

The two young women hugged beside the round, iron table. Liz closed her eyes as she scented the other woman, nostrils flaring to take in the myriad of smells surrounding her. She caught a faint whiff of sweat (early morning Bikram yoga, she knew) mixed with a swirl of interesting fragrances from the other woman's office. But, beneath all of it was the simple aroma of the woman herself. Liz scented deeply before forcing herself out of the hug. Any closer to the evening and she would've found herself purring against the woman. She blushed at the thought while they both sat.

As if by magic, a young waiter appeared by their table. Dressed immaculately in black and white, the young man brought a glass of water for Rachel. Liz watched her friend while she hemmed and hawed over the menu. The sun filtered through the other woman's soft red hair, giving her a reddish-orange halo. Rachel had fair skin with a spray of freckles across her nose and cheeks. Liz smiled shyly at her friend and then blushed when she caught her eyes wandering down to the other woman's chest. Rachel's freckles continued down to her chest and her silver blouse was tight enough to be distracting. With her order placed, the waiter left.

"So!" Rachel exclaimed. "How was your weekend? Oh my gosh, you brought your sketchbook? Can I see? Is it for your art show next month?"

Liz grinned at the onslaught. "They wanted me to add two more pieces so I've been trying to come up with ideas. That's what I did with my weekend. Sketching."

"And napping?" Rachel grinned.

"You know me too well," Liz replied. "What can I say? And, I don't know. You know I get nervous about my work."

"Come on, Liz. You never let me see anything you're working on. I don't think it's fair that your best friend should have to wait until your art shows open before I can see... hey, you colored your hair."

"Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten." Liz fingered her short, red hair. "I... I got bored this weekend. I was up late working and just decided to color it."

"Well," her friend said. "Red looks good on you. I just wish you'd grow it out. You have such beautiful thick hair so I never understood why you keep it in a pixie cut. You should grow it out and we could look like sisters!"

Liz laughed. "No way. I like my hair short. I can just roll out of bed and kind of run my hands through it. Way easier to manage. Besides, no way, you're way more gorgeous than I am and there's a huge difference between real red hair and this. Trust me, I'm an artist. I know sixty-two shades of black by sight. Your hair is the color of molten steel just as they breathe life into it. The metal blushes intensely as it burns and it's beautiful. That's your hair."

Rachel blushed at the compliment, pleasure clear in her eyes and expression. Liz swallowed. Dammit, she thought. Just because it's near the full moon doesn't mean you get to go crazy. Get yourself under control, woman. She's your friend, no matter how much you want her. Still, Liz found herself drawn to the other woman's chest. Where Liz was lean, Rachel was curvy and had the breasts to show for it. Her chest pushed against the tight fabric of her blouse and a heat bloomed deep within Liz's chest, spreading down to her belly. The woman felt a small muscle move in her throat and she coughed to cover the quiet purr that threatened to resonate through her body. It was too early for it to develop but she felt the edges of the change taking place and the sight of her friend pleased her.

"Well, I think you're- oh! The food! That was fast." Rachel rubbed her hands together as the waiter brought out a bowl of greens. Liz wrinkled her nose at the sharp scent of the Caesar salad dressing. She tore off a piece of the complimentary bread while Rachel delicately laid out her napkin on her lap. Pointing her fork at Liz, Rachel spoke. "Don't think I've forgotten the sketches. You were going to show me."

"I wasn't, though," Liz said.

"Come on, Liz. Please? Please please please please?"

Liz sighed. She had a hard time resisting her friend when she was being adorable. Rachel's hazel eyes pleaded with her and she had a hard time saying no. "All right. But, they're just sketches and not finished. At all. I probably won't use any of them anyway. I'm calling this series, 'What exists inside' and, well, here, look."

Flipping backwards through the sketchbook, Liz found her last sketch. She blushed as she turned the book sideways to show off the art. "This one is called 'Aloof.' The idea behind all of this is that we're each driven by something: goals, dreams, strong emotions or undeniable shards of personality. A t the center here is the female subject. She is aloof and independent. I made the crowd and world vague around her and, rather than determined to get to her destination, she's wandering. She doesn't care when she gets to where she's going. Or how. She'll find a way. The world moves around her like a ghost. Her lines are strong and defined, the only clear image in the whole piece."

"Not the only one," Rachel said. "There's a cat on that balcony that's not all ghost-y and stuff."

"Well," Liz frowned. "Yeah. I... Yeah. Each piece shows clearly the one thing that drives the subject. The cat here in this one. Both of them aloof and uncaring of the world around them."

"Ah!" Rachel said around a mouthful of croutons. "You should've had the lady napping with the cat. And given her short adorable hair. Totally you in that case except you do care about people."

"Haha, yeah." Liz laughed uneasily.

"I've always loved your art, Liz. You draw your lines like you're in love with them. They're just so organic. All swoops and curves that come together just like you want. Even things like your buildings don't look hard and harsh. I think you're amazing."

Liz smiled brightly. "Thanks, Rachel."

"Hey, I just remembered! Do you want to come over tonight and watch movies with me and Brad? We've got the new Thor movie."

"Aww, I couldn't. That's your night together." No, no fucking way. Not with the full moon tonight.

"But, come on. You and Brad are comic book nerds. I know you want to see it. And you don't get to hang out with Brad so much."

"I know. I just- I don't want to get in the middle of things."

Rachel cocked her head. "The middle of what things?"

"Oh. I. Umm. You know. Your time together." You stupid, stupid woman, she chided herself. Why not just tell her what it's like when it gets close to the full moon? How your body goes into overdrive and you can barely contain yourself? How even now, you want to just... A quiet purr vibrated in Liz's throat and she coughed to clear it.

"Well, you're being silly. We're going to have popcorn and alcohol and a movie. It's not like we're going out on a fancy date to a fancy place. You should come."

"No, I really can't. Next time, maybe? Just, not tonight. I need to work on my art."

"Well," Rachel said. "Your loss. You're going to miss out on whatshisname. The big blond sexy guy. And," Rachel glanced at her friend. "Kat Dennings. Seriously. Wow."

"Wow?" Liz asked, her eyebrows cocked.

"Yeah. Wow." Rachel made motions around her breasts. "Wow."

"Wait, are-" Liz stopped. Are you into girls? She wanted to ask. She'd wondered occasionally when she caught her friend glancing at another woman or remarking on things but it wasn't something she could easily bring up. It was further complicated that Liz was bisexual. She worried that if she asked, her friend might be uncomfortable around her.

"Are?" Rachel prompted. "Are what?"

"Are you jealous of her tits?" Liz finished lamely.

"Well, no, not exactly. Aww, crap. I have to get going. I'll just leave some money here for the guy. Don't steal it all, okay?"

"I'll try my best," Liz said, rolling her eyes. "God knows what I could do with ten bucks. I'd be dangerous." The young woman shivered as her body flashed with a sudden insane itch. She bared her teeth and rolled her shoulders as the feeling passed. Yet another sign of the approaching moon.

Rachel stood and then walked over to her friend to give her a quick hug. "I'll miss you tonight. Be good. Can't wait to see more of your art."

Liz watched her friend walk away. Her eyes followed the easy sway of Rachel's hips. A small purr escaped her lips as she watched the woman walk; her work shoes made her legs look amazing. Liz sighed, her breath hitching as the tiny changes happening throughout her body brought her closer to her heat. She heard the ringtone of her friend's phone and watched as the woman answered it. Liz's sensitive ears easily picked up her friend's conversation.

"Yeah, headed back. Did you want me to grab anything before I come home? Okay. She's doing good. I got to see some of her art and it's really great. No, she's not coming over. I know. No, I didn't tell her. I froze up. What if she doesn't like me like that? What if she thinks it's weird? I know, I know. No, I'll try next time. Okay, love you. Bye."

The waiter came to take Rachel's dishes while Liz sat dumbfounded. Did I really just hear what I think I heard? I mean, what else could it be? What should I do? She'd known Rachel and Brad for five years and only in the last year had she started lusting after Rachel. And, lately, she'd began to find herself drawn to Brad as well. She liked to think it had nothing to do with her changes but she knew they drove them. It'd been two years since her trip overseas. Two years since the changes started. I could go, she told herself. I could go for a little bit and control the changes. Just for a little bit. I could find a way to let her know it would be okay for her to flirt with me. And then let her be the one to do it. I can resist the changes a bit.

Liz let her mind wander before standing to leave. Naps had become an essential part of her life since she'd changed and the pull became worse around the full moon. It was a short trip to her loft apartment and she quickly stripped naked once inside. Clothes began to feel awkward around this time. She stared at herself in the mirror. Long and lean with modest breasts and tiny pink nipples. Light blond hairs covered her mound. She'd shaved herself two days ago but now... Liz ran her fingers along the little hairs. As she watched, a few more hairs sprouted lazily along her inner thighs. She sighed at the feeling. There weren't many of them but as the evening went on, more would come until it was no longer just hair.

Crawling beneath her covers, Liz replayed her lunch with Rachel. Picturing the way she looked. The way she smelled. The way she moved. She imagined herself at their house. Kissing Rachel. Touching her. Her fingers tickled against the short hairs above her clit as her fingers rubbed the small nub in circles. She clawed at her leg and squeezed her breasts while, in her mind, Rachel mirrored the gestures. Brad entered her imagination. Naked and large, kissing her neck. His thick, hard cock pressed against her bare back. Liz's breathing became erratic as she rubbed herself harder. She gasped and muscles worked in her throat eliciting a deep purring that she couldn't control. Rachel's mouth was on her furry wetness, sucking and licking and driving her wild. She whispered Rachel's name as she came, twitching and rubbing her feet together.

Already tired, the young woman smacked her lips , smiling with the orgasm. She dipped a finger between her lips, feeling how incredibly wet she was at the thought of her friend fucking her. Liz fumbled for her phone at the side of her bed. She dialed and listened to the ringing with her eyes closed. Rachel answered, her voice low in order not to disturb her coworkers.

"Hey Liz. Everything okay?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah," Liz answered lazily. "Is good. Hey. I think. I think I will come over tonight. S'Okay?"

"Yeah! Totally okay! About 7 tonight? You're not drunk, are you? You sound out of it."

"Sleepy. Seven. Tonight. Sleepy." Liz yawned wide, jaw cracking. Bones shifted subtly within her jaw, adjusting for a muzzle that was not yet there.

Rachel laughed. "Okay. See you tonight. Yay!" Liz was asleep before the call disconnected.

-----

Liz stretched herself awake. Legs and arms straight out, cracking and shaking as she reached as far as she could. She made little happy mewling sounds, rolling to her side and back. Finally, she rolled to her stomach and then arched her back, rising to her hands and feet. Her thick blanket fell away, leaving her naked on her bed. Liz lowered her head to her pillow, raising her hips as high as she could. The young woman groaned as a light tracing of fur sprouted along the length and sides of her spine. She fell to her back, wriggling against the bed, sighing in satisfaction as the cotton sheets scratched her back.

The young woman regarded the world through half-closed eyes. She caught pieces of conversations around her as the inside of her ears rearranged themselves. The delicate folds of skin along her ears elongated slightly, barely noticeable to outside observers. Her middle-aged neighbor was watching porn again. The single mother next door was struggling to help her son with his biology homework. Outside, dogs barked and cars rumbled. Liz considered falling back asleep until her eyes wandered over to the old digital clock on her desk. 6:32 pm, the clock read.

Can I do this? She wondered. Liz sat up on the edge of her bed. She could feel the way her jaw was different - her overbite now gone. The hair around her vagina had thickened slightly, still not more than light pubic hair. The tiny blond hairs along her back could be confused for normal hair. I can go and sit. And concentrate. I can hold it off. The movie will help. And I'll flirt a tiny bit. Just a bit. To show her it's okay to like me. Just enough so that it's not blatant. And then I'll excuse myself when it gets too much. When I can't hold it back. I can do this.

-----

Twenty minutes later, Liz sat in her car, staring at Rachel's front door. The summer sun hung fat and red behind her and she could almost physically feel the pull of the pale full moon high in the sky. Her gums itched around her canine teeth and her back molars. She ran her tongue along her teeth, noting that they still felt human. Her lower back ached slightly, bringing with it a numbness as if she'd been sitting for too long. She forced herself to relax. She closed her eyes, focusing inward in an attempt to slow the changes. She'd only tried to halt the changes a handful of times before and found that she could only partially delay her transformation. Stopping it was impossible so far but she hadn't needed to try yet. She was grateful that the full moon was the only thing that brought the changes; she could plan her life around it. And if she needed extra naps in the meantime? She'd trade that for the physical enhancements that came with it.

The only downside she'd found so far was the heat; the incredible lust she felt. Countless times she'd almost gone out during the full moon just to find someone to fuck. She kept her mind but the heat was a thirst she couldn't quench. It nearly drove her mad every time . Her fingers and dildos never seemed enough; only enough to keep her from breaking down and finding a mate. It was a fine line, fighting the animal deep within her for control; not giving into the unnatural heat forced on her with the change. She'd thought that it would lessen over time but after two years, the urge to mate during the full moon was as strong as the very first night. She refused to give into it.

"I've got this," she whispered to herself. "Let's do it." Liz opened her door to step out. The air was warm and she caught herself scenting the area. She'd never been outside this late on a full moon. Hairs lifted on the back of her neck as she caught the traces of other animals that had passed through. "I can do it," she reaffirmed.

The motion sensitive light above the front door clicked on as Liz approached. She startled, nearly hissing at it as her body broke out in goose bumps. More blond hairs grew among the longer blond hairs standing at attention along her spine. As she calmed, she could feel the hair on her back and she tsk'ed at herself. No longer just hair but the start of her fur. She stood for a moment until she felt completely calm. As she approached the door, she heard someone walk through the house and then unlock the door, moments before it opened.

"Liz! We're so glad you could come!" Rachel wore a simple gray t-shirt and thick, checkered pajama pants. Her red hair was pulled back into a simple pony tail. A sweet ache bloomed in Liz's lower stomach at the sight of the other woman. She felt a sudden physical flush that threatened to accelerate her changes. Liz growled as she smiled, forcing her body to obey her will. A single bead of sweat ran down her cheek and it had nothing to do with the warmth in the air.

They hugged and Liz closed her eyes, thinking of small children, puppies, kittens and sunshine on the beach. She could feel Rachel's breasts against her. Liz buried her face into the other woman's neck. She smells so fresh and sweet and amazing. Oh fuck. I can't actually do this, can I? Liz's lips brushed the other woman's bare skin and she held back a moan. She opened her mouth just as her canine teeth pushed further from her gums. Just... just a kiss. Just a little kiss. That's not so much to ask, is it? Just a sweet little kiss and lick. And a little bite. A playful little bite. Oh god. Oh god, please.

With a sudden step back, Liz laughed nervously. "Rachel! Yes! Thank you for inviting me. Gosh. Yes. Man. The movie, yeah? Is Brad here?"

Rachel smiled with amusement. Liz could smell her friend but it was faint and she was able to ignore her when they stood apart. Mentally, Liz cursed at herself for letting her concentration slip. The fur on her back she could hide but not her growing fangs. Just don't show your teeth so much, she reminded herself. And concentrate, for god's sake!

"He's here. Come on in, we were just getting set up."

Liz followed her friend inside, automatically sniffing at everything. She'd been to her friend's house many times but never during a full moon. Her enhanced senses brought an entire new world to her. The smell of food, dirt, people, dust , trash and the bathroom all yelled for attention. A small part of her mind wondered at the scents from the trash - what kind of food and whether it was still good. An annoying aspect of the change was that previously bad smelling things were suddenly interesting. During one change, in between masturbating, she had simply sat in front of her trashcan with her eyes closed. For nearly an hour.

The dull ache in Liz's back vanished with a small cracking sound and she sighed. As she walked with her friend to the living room, she discretely reached back to touch the area above her ass. Her fingers felt the downy skin but there was no bulge for the start of her tail. Yet.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Familiar Friends Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 13 milliseconds