• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Farewell Precious One

Farewell Precious One

* This is my third and final non-erotic story dealing with my many pets.

Words can't express how sorry I am little Co-Key, a nickname I named you years before.

In my younger years all I ever had were Poodles, 3 to be exact, don't get me wrong I loved them all, it's just I wanted a little variety.

Over the years I eventually had a black Labrador, and a Canaan Dog both on the medium to bigger sized dogs.

In the summer of '08 I came home and saw my mother becoming familiar with a brown and white Jack Russell, she told me had she not taken her, the dog was going to be put down the very next day.

And that's how we got Co-Co, or Co-Key as I so affectionally named you.

Once you entered our home, you wanted to begin chasing the cats, well we had to break you of that quick.

But what was amazing was when I looked into the beautiful eyes, I saw sadness, fear, and a broken-hearted dog, as I have never seen before.

It didn't take long to realize you had no idea of how to play, and have fun like other dogs, you didn't even know what a dog treat was, as well as you never completely got your share of food, because the other dogs in the previous home, had bullied their way in.

You were terrified of thunderstorms, and fireworks, you would tremble and shake so bad that the bed was literally vibrating.

You loved to crawl under the covers and had to be touching someone at all times, I wanted many times to take you in my arms and just comfort and soothe your pain away.

When we first got you, you ran across the street, and that's when you realized that the game was over, especially when Izzy cornered you, it was the end of the game.

You loved to lay out in the sun, to go for rides in the car, or just run and play with Izzy.

One day I picked you up and cradled you in my arms, you would just lovingly gaze into my eyes, as I gazed into yours. This is what only you and I did, it was meant for no one else.

Every day at 5pm you jump, run, and bark for your dinner, you would sleep next to me in my bed every night.

A mistake I made was when watching a friend's dog, I treated her like I treated you, it was so sad as you watched me spend time with this other dog, I guess the real problem was, you gave birth to this dog, in the previous home, nobody knew that you 2 were related.

I still can see that little sad head, and face to this day, and for that dear Co-Key I am truly sorry.

Little Co-Key you were the sweetest dog I ever had, you welcomed other dogs in, and played together.

As you got older you began to not be so fearful of storms and made leaps and bounds in having fun as a dog should.

Then one day, you went blind, due to a stroke, I carried you everywhere now, because you still had spunk and a lot of life.

Your big sister Izzy was always by your side, to back you up if you needed her to, you loved chasing the toy mouse that squeaked every time we moved it with the stick, you would do circles for hours in the living room, and not bump into anything at all, we realized after some time that you were a show stock, that couple had no idea what they had.

You loved to eat, and eat you did, you ate little bit of blueberry muffin, and don't forget your favorite chitterlings, you inhaled the small amount my mother gave you, I still smile to this day, a dog that liked chitterlings, unbelievable.

When April 1, 2021, came that was a dark day in my life, you were getting tired, you lacked the fun you had at one time, you even stopped eating.

We knew what we had to do, you took your last breath while in our arms as the vet said sadly, she's gone.

My heart broke, the vet and my mother were crying.

My mother recently said that you Co-Key for a small dog, had the biggest heart there ever was.

Each night before I go to bed, I stare at your picture on my nightstand, and those beautiful soulful eyes get me every time.

Like Izzy you are at rest right now waiting for a time when we will all be together, let's just say Farewell Precious One till we meet again, when blindness, tears, pain, and suffering will be a thing of the past, in that day you and Izzy will race to greet us, never to have to part again.

RIP Precious Co-Key.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Farewell Precious One

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 61 milliseconds