Good Enough for the Goose...

I had been sitting down for less than five minutes when a voice intruded into my solitude.

"So here is where you are hiding," a voice purred.

I looked up just as Barbara slid into the wicker swing next to me. She settled in so she was seated facing slightly towards me without me saying a word. Her little black dress settled across her tanned thighs in a way that clung to her body - hinting at what lay beneath without revealing anything. Seductive but innocent at the same time. It said something of my state of mind that I noted this almost academically.

"You look like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders," she commented. I didn't really want to talk about it to my wife's lover's daughter - no matter how hot she was.

"We've been really busy in the office. A lot of audits going on," I said to end the conversation.

"Really?" Barbara asked in an interested tone. "I just finished my last accounting course at school. We spent several classes talking about use of forensic accounting in law enforcement. I thought it was fascinating."

Even in my grief that surprised me. "Really?" I asked in a disbelieving tone.

"Well, it's not sexy or anything ... but it really is detective work to take all the right pieces of information out of a ton of other facts and putting them together to get a clear picture. Plus, since some people are trying to hide that information it gets even harder."

"Most people don't see it that way," I admitted.

Barbara started going into a remarkable amount of detail on just what she'd learned in the class and why she enjoyed it so much. I have to say I was impressed. I've had people finishing internships at the firm that couldn't have spoken that well on the topic. Focusing in on her words actually helped me set aside both her looks and more importantly the rage boiling deep inside me. I found myself slipping into my role of mentor. It helped me put my emotional turmoil in the back of my mind a bit.

"You really did enjoy the class," I remarked. "You seem to have an excellent grasp of the topic." Barbara blushed at my praise. For a moment, the pin-up girl was gone and I could see a sweet girl honestly touched by my simple praise.

"I've actually thought about going into the FBI when I finish school. Dad wants me to either become a prosecutor or go to work for one of his friend's law firms. I don't think that is what I want to do."

"You should follow your own dreams and not your father's." It was honest advice, not that I wouldn't be above spiking the prick's plans. "I've done some work with the FBI when audits turned up something criminal. Sharp people."

Before Barbara could reply, Kelly stepped out of the shadows. "Here is where you disappeared to. You weren't doing anything naughty we you?" she asked in a teasing tone.

Barbara turned to face my wife with a brilliant smile. "We were just talking about Bob's job. We just covered it in class. I wanted to pick the brain of an expert."

"Well, Hogan is that," Kelly said in a proud tone. "I looked at one of his audit reports where an employee was embezzling money using his boss's login. Hogan caught that some of the transfers happened when the guy was on a business trip but the logins occurred from the corporate office. Most of us would have stopped when the boss was identified. Hogan kept digging. I could have gotten a conviction on the employee on my first day out of law school. Hogan didn't really leave anything for the DA's office to do on that one." Kelly was beaming at me with pride on her face as she related this little story. That confused the hell out of me. How could she be proud of me and claim to love me while carrying on a six month relationship with her god-dammed boss?

A shadow of my confusion must have crossed my face because Kelly asked, "What's wrong, dear?"

"Nothing," I said. "Just thought about a problem."

"Well, stop that! This is a party!" Kelly admonished me. She barely drew a breath and said, "Hogan, you will never be able to guess the opportunity I've been given! Paul and Margret want me to move into more of an administrative role since I plan on going out on maternity leave as soon as you get your job done! That way when I go there won't be any cases left hanging. I'll be working directly for Margret!"

Something in my heart leapt at the thought Kelly would be away from that bastard Paul. My hopes were dashed a mere second later.

"I will have to travel occasionally," Kelly continued. "I will courier sensitive papers to Paul on the campaign trail; so I won't be a part of his campaign, but I will still get to see some of the behind the scenes activity. That will be so much fun!"

I could feel my heart shatter all over again. I know I heard Kelly say she planned on ending her affair so we could have a baby, I could easily see her falling back into her affair in her excitement to be part of the campaign. And if she did get pregnant who is to say it would be mine? Paul is about my size and coloring. Short of a DNA test it would be really hard to know. My rage started to grow but I clamped down on it. Now was not the time.

Barbara started talking to Kelly about her new position and the campaign. The two were soon wrapped up in their conversation and I was forgotten. I took the opportunity to pull myself together. After tonight, I would start to plan. I needed some way to counter Paul's political power but frankly I had no idea how to do that.

The answer walked into my office two days later.

__**__

"Your four o'clock appointment is here," my admin called in through my open door. (We're not allowed to call them secretaries anymore.)

I glanced at my Outlook calendar and didn't see anything booked. Before I could reply, she walked in - Barbara Evans.

"Hi, Hogan," she called as she walked in. Her long dark red hair flowed down and over her shoulder. She wore a light sundress that showed off her gorgeous legs with sandals with straps that wrapped around her legs almost up to her knees. Her chest was demurely covered with no cleavage showing but the material clung to her breasts in a suggestive fashion. Two thin straps held up the dress leaving her arms bare. I was speechless watching her walk in.

"I hope you don't mind," Barbara started. She closed my office door behind herself. "I told Mary that we had an appointment to discuss my career and how Kelly works for my father."

I rose politely from my chair. "I am happy to see you. I was just working on some reports." I gestured for her to take one of the chairs in front of my desk. After she was seated, I sat down. "What did you want to talk about?"

The happy face suddenly melted off Barbara's face. "I think you know, Bob. I saw it on your face when you talked to my bastard father. I am so sorry that he's destroying such a nice guy."

I was stunned. That was not what I was expecting.

"What are you talking about?" I asked cautiously.

Barbara grimaced. "The fact the asshole known as my father is having an affair with your wife." I slumped back in my chair at having it thrown out so bluntly.

"Did you just find out?" Barbara asked gently. I nodded. "I am sorry."

"How - when did you find out?" I asked.

"About three months ago," Barbara admitted. "I don't know when it started but I found out in February. I'd gone home early one Friday and they were having one of their meetings at our house. I was having a late lunch with a friend from high school so I just ran in to drop off my bags, say hi and go. Dad asked when I would be home and I said after dinner.

"Turned out my friend got sick and couldn't make it. I grabbed some lunch and went home. I saw my dad and Kelly having sex in our hot tub. I took pictures and even got them running naked back into the house. There was a foot of snow on the ground too."

"You took pictures of your dad having sex?" I asked in shock. I also wondered if I could get copies of the pictures. It would really help with the divorce.

As though she read my mind, Barbara reached into her bag and brought out a large envelope and placed it on my desk.

"Here are the pictures from that day and a few others." She paused and smirked. "Dad has a security system installed in the house. The entire outside is covered and several of the inside rooms have cameras. If you know the website and have the key fob and password you can get in from pretty much anywhere. There is a thumb drive in there with video too."

I was in shock at this. Paul's daughter was handing over everything I would need for my divorce and to destroy her father.

"Why?" I asked.

The sad look on Barbara's face was replaced with anger. "Because," she said in a quiet voice. "I hate that bastard more than you ever could." I said nothing but waited. After a moment she started to talk.

"Dad met Mom when she was a college student. He was a brand new lawyer assigned to a sex crimes unit in Philly. Mom had come over from Ireland for school. Her family was well off but were killed in a bombing in Londonderry. She came over here to get away from the Troubles." Her voice had taken on a soft lilt that she'd probably leaned from her mother.

"Mom was dating some loser that hit her hard enough she ended up in an ER." Kelly paused and placed a small book on my desk. It was fairly thick and decorated in green and lace.

"I found her journal after she died and she was something of a submissive. She liked having a strong man take charge. This asshole took it too far and she ended up admitted to the hospital. Dad was assigned to the case. They met, the asshole went to jail and a year later they were married. Dad was always ambitious. He got a smart, beautiful woman with an exotic accent. Mom got a strong man that would protect her.

"I came along a few years later. Dad wanted me to do gymnastics. He thought having a daughter performing in the Olympics would do wonders for his political career. Do you know what ends most gymnastics careers?"

I shook my head and said, "Never thought about it."

Barbara smiled. "They call it the Three B's: boobs, butts, and boys. I got the first one. I was told to do cheerleading and be the All-American girl. I didn't mind as I liked performing but I realized by the time I was sixteen I was merely a prop for my father's ambitions.

"Mom knew it almost from the start. Dad was having affairs almost from the time they were married. Mom knew and begged him to stop but she was too weak to do anything about it. She felt trapped. She was a staunch Catholic so divorce was out."

Barbara paused a bit and l let her gather her thoughts. After a moment she continued.

"Sometimes I wonder if her poor reaction to the cancer treatments was a result of her unconsciously wanted to die or actively sabotaging her treatments. In any case, I was in the hospital with her when she died. The official story is my father was in court winning a homicide conviction. He had the doctor change the time of death. He was actually fucking his assistant at her apartment to celebrate. He just trotted out Mom as his trophy and the press loved the story of how they met. The heroic DA riding out to save the battered woman. Hell, the bastard hit her himself more than once that I saw."

"Why are you telling me all of this?" I had to ask.

"Because you don't deserve this, Hogan. My dad, he's ... he's not a good person. After mom died he kept his affairs discreet until I left for college. That is when he started hosting "meetings" at the house. And they are not just for his job. He also has meetings for some of the charity groups he is involved with. I know for a fact he is sleeping with two other women from those groups too. One of the poor woman actual think it's 'true love' and is planning to leave her husband."

"Is that what Kelly thinks?" I asked. I know what I'd heard but I was still curious.

Barbara shook her head and said, "No, she seems to think it's just fun. They say power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. Kelly seems to be proof of that. I heard her talking with my dad about some Senator they met with and how horny she was when she got back to Doylestown."

I winced at the blunt comment. I even remembered the day. I'd come home to a wild woman and it was one of the best nights of sex in my life. A cherished memory was now sour because I knew now that my wife had probably not even been thinking of me at the time.

"So, what do you want?" I ask. To her credit, Barbara looked me right in the eyes when she answered.

"I want you out of your marriage to that cheater. I want my father's career destroyed to the point he would never be elected dogcatcher in a town full of cats. I thought of just sending my stuff to the papers or even to the other party but he has too many friends. I figure together we can make them pay."

"Won't that make it harder for you to finish school?" She again shook that deep red hair.

"No, Mom left her inheritance to me as a trust fund. I haven't touched it but if it came to it I could pay for the rest of my schooling and a MBA and still have a nice nest egg left."

"If your mom had that much money of her own, why didn't she take you and leave? She could have gone to Ireland beyond your father's reach." Barbara grimaced.

"As I said, she was raised very Irish Catholic. She was taught divorce was not an option. Whatever else happened, Mom clung to her faith until the very end. It is the one thing that makes me think her death was unconscious rather than deliberate since they also see suicide as the unforgivable sin."

I have to admit, I couldn't see Barbara as anything but truthful. She said she wanted her father's career destroyed and me having this information sure couldn't bode well for his ambitions. I couldn't see any way this could be a trap of some sort. If Kelly and Paul wanted to wipe me out they could do it openly in court. This sneaky shit was only for when you were desperate. Like me.

A plan started to take form in my mind. I would need Barbara to help with several items. If nothing else, it would tell me how committed she was to destroying her father.

"Okay," I agreed. "But I don't want to destroy him by releasing these images or even naming him in my divorce." Barbara looked surprised at that.

"Why not?" she demanded. Her face flushed red in her passion and she drew a breath to launch into some speech. I stalled her with a raised hand.

"I didn't say we wouldn't destroy him, but I don't want to have to deal with the bad press of being the cuckholded husband in a political scandal. Instead, I want to destroy what he's wanted all of his life. Destroy his power and influence and I can get a nice quiet divorce that no one will care about."

Barbara looked at me with shock on her face. After a minute, a sly smile grew. "What do you need from me?"

I smirked. "I am going to do what I do best. Get me his financial records, personal and his campaign stuff. They got Capone through tax evasion. Having met your father, I have no doubt I can find something. And if not ..."

"What?" she asked.

I smiled. "I can make some."

-**-

Over the next three days, Barbara and I were busy. She installed a keystroke logger onto her father's personal laptop and the home desktop. She also performed a full hard drive backup of his computer. We set up their security system to upload its recordings to a cloud space I knew of that was physically hosted overseas. So nice of the ass to bug his own house.

For my part, I didn't bother bugging Kelly's phone. Thanks to Barbara's evidence, I didn't need anything more on that front. I did activate the GPS tracker intended for parents keeping track of children. It mostly just used cell towers for positioning unless I sent the command to activate the GPS. I just didn't want her surprising me at home when I was busy with my work.

I faked a groin injury the day after Barbara first came to see me. That gave me an excuse not to have sex with my wife. (I never thought I would ever have to come up with an excuse not to have sex with my lovely wife.) After hearing of the number of Paul's partners I didn't want to take any more chances than I unknowingly had. Plus, I don't think I could have done it without my anger breaking out.

On a side note, I did make an appointment with a doctor to be tested for STD's. Nothing showed up at first but some of those bugs, like HIV, can take months before that give a positive result for antibodies.

It was a randy, frustrated Kelly that left for her 'final' rendezvous with Paul at the conference in Pittsburgh. Unsurprisingly, she was really excited to go. Leaving her hanging the last few days had her really keyed up. Some guys might have given her the 'good-bye fuck' as revenge. My problem was somewhere inside I still loved her. I could never trust her again but that didn't mean I didn't love her in some part still. But I also couldn't stand the thought of fucking her after what I'd learned.

Thursday morning came and Kelly was waiting with her packed bag waiting for Paul and a junior lawyer from their office that was going to the conference with them. I wonder if the young guy knew he was their cover?

"So, I will be home Sunday afternoon," Kelly said as she walked up behind me after dropping her bag by the front door. I was sitting at the table with my back to her sipping my coffee. She wrapped her arms around me and leaned down so her lips were right next to my ear. "Hopefully you're feeling better and we can get started on the little one," she whispered. Her tone to raise a dead man and her smell ... it took me back to more innocent days. I wanted to cry right there.

But I managed to hold it together.

"I will keep it iced up so I am all healed up," I assured her. I patted her arm and kissed her forehead.

"Hmm," she moaned. "I wish I didn't have to go to this. It would be so much better to just stay home with you and be naked all weekend."

"You can always tell Evans that something more important came up," I said. It just slipped out. And by the way she looked at me she'd heard something in my tone.

"What is your problem with Paul?" she asked in a startled voice. "First you were rude at the party and now you sounded like you hate the man." I forced myself to calm and shrugged.

"Honestly? I've seen too many hot-shits like Evans that think he's untouchable and power incarnate. They're big fish in little ponds. They sell the illusion of power and get people to buy it. Like that mayor in South Carolina last year. Big 'powerful' guy embezzling from the city while sleeping with three married women. Now he's doing ten years in the federal pen and they are all divorced and publicly humiliated. I get the same vibe off Evans. If he gets to Washington he'll be banging clueless interns in a week. But eventually the wheels will come off on his ride. And his shit will splatter over everyone around him when it does."

Kelly was looking at me in shock. She'd heard me rant about the scum balls before but I'd never linked Evans to it before. I probably should've kept my mouth shut but it felt good to let it out. And while the marriage was over I also felt it was fair to give Kelly fair warning. I still loved her even if I'd never trust her again.

"Hogan, that's a horrible thing to say about Paul!" Kelly protested. "He's a good man who's done a lot for the people of this county! He's not like that!" I heard an almost pleading tone in her denial.

In timing that couldn't be planned, we heard the sound of a car horn come from outside the house. Paul had arrived. Kelly let out a frustrated sigh. She gave me a little glare that quickly faded into a mixture of regret and what almost looked like fear.

"I will be home in four days," Kelly said in a conciliatory tone. "We can talk about this then. But be ready, love, we have a baby to start on." Then she wrapped her arms around me for a passionate kiss. A kiss I returned just as fervently.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 16 milliseconds