• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Guilty Until Proven Innocent

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

12

Thanks to all who leave meaningful feedback. I enjoy emailing with you.

Joe Walsh: "Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through. I can't complain but sometimes I still do."

+ + +

Forever lasted three years five months and twenty days.

My calm, quiet, predictable existence started turning to shit two weeks earlier. My name is Mark and my wife of three and a half years is Karly. We met at a career day's event while I was earning my masters. She was extolling the virtues of the company she worked for. My degree and her company weren't a match but we were.

After a few cookie cutter dates things just caught fire. The karma was there. She was six months removed from an engagement and I had been playing the field for the last two years. We spent most of my free time together. She was working a salaried position and I was knee deep working on my thesis. We were both fairly conservative when it came to starting to have sex, but once it started there was no doubt we belonged together.

We were married the summer after I graduated. We professed that our love would last forever.

I landed a job geographically close enough to allow Karly to keep her job. I work in network solutions for a company based in northern Indiana. I'm a project manager and have a dozen people reporting to me.

When we do a major client set up, a group of four or five of us will travel to the customer site for upwards of a week. I don't decide who travels. We have a group of project managers and my boss, Dennis, to make those decisions. We try to make sure everyone gets their feet wet doing onsite installs. This time I had two guys and three women. All had at least one onsite install in their background.

At age twenty seven, my master's degree was paying big dividends. All but one of this crew were older than me. This client had been difficult to work with so the maturity of the crew would almost certainly be an asset.

It didn't take too long for the first angry encounter. We arrived at 8 am, had the introductory meeting, and then started implementing our solution. It was mid-morning when their so-called expert lost his temper with LeeAnn. She is one of my more qualified people. Along with their site manager, I helped defuse the situation. LeeAnn was visibly shaken. I took her to the coffee room to give her a little time to recoup. After about fifteen minutes she returned to her desk. Unfortunately this whole scene would repeat itself shortly after lunch. Their resident expert was sent home for the day. I tried for a half hour to get LeeAnn calmed down, but in the end I sent her back to the hotel.

LeeAnn joined the team for dinner. Afterwards I told them I was going to run around the park, by the hotel, and invited any or all to join me. LeeAnn was the only one to accept. We really didn't say much while we jogged until she broke the ice. Her voice was more pleasant than usual.

"You know we could run away and live happily ever after. Go lay on the beach and enjoy ourselves."

"What brings that on LeeAnn?"

"Well you know, just up and go. Leave everything behind."

"LeeAnn, let's not go there. You know the company policy about managers and those they manage."

"Okay."

I sat in my room, quite dumbfounded by that discussion. I talked with Karly but didn't bring up LeeAnn's actions. LeeAnn had always been less than pleased that I was her superior. You know, the little snipes, the rolling of eyes, all the body language that indicates a lack of respect. I didn't know where today's conversation had come from.

In the morning I approached LeeAnn "Things ok today?"

Quite curtly "I'm fine Mark."

Thankfully it was an uneventful day. Their expert expressed his doubts about what we were installing, but he didn't lose his temper. My team and I had dinner again. While waiting for our food, a guest ran into a server knocking the tray of food to the floor. The guest was a jerk, yelling and screaming. After dinner I jogged by myself. I talked with Karly then turned on the 10 pm news. I heard a knock on my door.

I opened to find LeeAnn with her coat on.

"Hi LeeAnn. Everything alright?"

The tone of her voice was different "Just wanted to show you something you might like."

She proceeded to unbutton her coat and displayed her naked body to me.

"LeeAnn, cover up! Thanks for the offer but NO, NO, NO! Go back to your room. I'll see you in the morning."

She gave me a mock sad look then smiled "Okay, bye, bye."

I decided I needed to alert Dennis. I sent an email requesting a moment of his time to talk privately about LeeAnn. That email would turn out to be very valuable for me.

In the morning I approached LeeAnn "Things ok today?"

Quite curtly "I'm fine Mark."

She's good at what she does but her behavior was nothing short of bizarre. Dennis responded to my email, later in the day, that he would try to get with me when I returned. Nothing unusual the rest of the trip. Things seemed to be fine back home. LeeAnn was just as brusque as she'd always been. I hoped that whatever caused those two nights of strange we're in the past. Stupid me. Sunday evening I received a text from LeeAnn.

'That was the best sex I've ever had' with lots of lovey struck emoticons.

I hadn't seen LeeAnn since our plane landed on Friday evening. She must have mistakenly chosen my phone number when sending her lover a text. I did not respond. I would talk with her in the morning. The thought of LeeAnn with a lover was hard for me to imagine. Just saying, but the same could easily be said about me.

"LeeAnn, I think you mistakenly sent me a text last night."

Quite curtly "Mark, I didn't send anyone a text message last night."

I didn't press the issue. She was knee deep debugging a problem. I had a very busy day myself. Tuesday night I received a sexting message from LeeAnn, complete with a naked selfie.

'Could the sex with you get any better? I don't think so' with more of those lovebird emoticons.

I sent another email to Dennis, reminding him of my attempt to have a private conversation with him. He replied and apologized for not getting back to me. However, he put me off until next Monday, as he was out of town.

LeeAnn called in sick on Wednesday. I would have to wait a day to confront her. My day was about as average as it had ever been. I really didn't expect it when someone called my name as I was getting into my car. Whatever I got hit with was sufficient to knock me out. I awoke in the ER.

The police took my statement and brought me up to date. Apparently Terry, LeeAnn's husband, had decided that I was having an affair with LeeAnn. He did an excellent job of beating the shit out of me. I had a concussion, two broken ribs, a hernia, and a broken hand. My face was heavily bandaged.


Terry had left copies of LeeAnn's text and sexting picture with my unconscious body. The photo had been colored with a black marker to hide the face, tits, and pussy. Unfortunately he had delivered the same copies to Karly.

Karly answered her phone the first time I called. She hoped I would die a painful death. The hospital kept me overnight, for observation, and now Karly would not answer her phone. On Thursday I took a cab back to my car then drove home and stayed there. Karly wouldn't talk to me when she got home. Rather than starve I had a pizza delivered.

On Friday I went into the office, even though my side was killing me. Mid-afternoon I was told that I had been placed on paid leave. Apparently Terry had filed a complaint. My hearing would be Monday when Dennis returned.

When I made it home I found Karly dressed like a slut.

"Where are you going dressed like that?"

"I wasn't expecting you home so soon. I left you a note. I have a date."

"Karly, don't do this. There's no going back if you do."

"Oh I see. You can fuck around and I can't?"

"Show me your proof. I haven't done a damn thing wrong."

"I suppose her jealous husband beat the shit out of you as a warning to quit flirting?"

"He has mistaken me for someone else. I have not done one thing that would jeopardize our marriage."

"I've seen the texts and her picture. Looks like you're not as innocent as you say."

"Do you see me responding to any of them? Did you find any emails from me? Do you have any photos? I know those answers. NO! There aren't any to be found. I am completely innocent."

"I don't believe it. I may or may not be back tonight. I wouldn't wait up for me."

"Don't' do this. I'm warning you."

"Deal with it Mark."

And with that my wife tipped the first domino over to end our marriage. She had a date with someone she worked with. It was her idea of revenge for what she thought I had done. Her note said basically the same thing she had just said. I was pond scum and she intended to have some fun too.

After our heated exchange I laid down, trying to get comfortable. It didn't work. I left a note for Karly.

'Something is really wrong. I'm headed to the ER. It's 6 pm Friday.'

Tests revealed I had a ruptured spleen. I listed my brother as my emergency contact. They operated, stitched the spleen, and then zipped me back together. I awoke to the sound of beeps and hums. I drifted into and out of lucidity until I was greeted with a sun filled room. After eating their suggested diet I sat pondering my situation. My confusion was interrupted by my cell phone buzzing.

I didn't recognize the number but answered it anyway.

"You are one dumb fuck. I thought you were smarter than that but NOOOOOOO! You had to get it on with her again last night."

"Terry? You've got the wrong person. I'm in the hospital and have been since 6 pm last night."

Silence.

"Terry? You still there?"

"I went to the gym at 8 pm last night. I was only gone for an hour. Her text message to you this morning talked about the great sex you two had."

"Terry, I was on the operating table. I'm still here. Room 612 at University Hospital. I'm not going anywhere today."

"I have to get to the bottom of this. I'll see you in a bit."

I checked and found the text from LeeAnn.

'The sex last night was mmmmmm mmmmm good.'

The floor nurse dropped by to check my vitals and change my drip. I felt like asking her for something to end this nightmare. She left but said she would be back in a bit to change my dressings.

No sooner had the nurse left when Karly entered my room. She was still dressed like a slut.

"Mark, I saw your note. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. You can leave. I don't want you around."

"Mark, don't say that. I was worried about you and came right here when I read your note."

"That means you ended our marriage by staying out all night. Leave. Just get out."

My voice had risen to the point that the floor nurse stuck her head in and asked if everything was alright. I asked her to escort Karly out of my room. Karly became belligerent. Security escorted Karly out.

I was trying to make sense of what LeeAnn was doing to me. Revenge? For what? Turning her down? Being her boss? It had to be she thought my phone number was for someone else. Nothing else made any sense.

Karly called my cell.

"What didn't you understand? Our marriage is over. Leave me alone."

"Mark, that's bullshit. You fucked around and now you're all high and mighty."

"That's where you're wrong Karly. I didn't fuck around. You did. We're done. Leave me alone."

I hung up. She sent a text message 'We need to talk.'

'No we don't. Move your stuff out or set my stuff by the door.'

'I thought we were soulmates?'

'Is that what you thought when you were having your revenge fuck?'

'Is that what you thought when you were fucking your bimbo?'

I didn't need this. I turned my cell phone off. Give me morphine, please.

Just before lunch the nurse came back to change my dressings. She started with my face. Terry and LeeAnn knocked and asked if they could come in.

"Oh my gawd Mark. What happened to you?"

"Hi LeeAnn. I was mugged leaving work on Wednesday. This must be your husband. Terry isn't it? What happened to your lip?"

Diverting her eyes "I ran into a door. Where did it happen? Who did it? Did they arrest them?"

"It was in the employee parking lot. I don't know what the status of the investigation is at this point. Last night they discovered I had a ruptured spleen. Nothing serious, just a few stitches fixed the problem."

I knew it was Terry who had inflicted my injuries. So did the police. Apparently Terry had withheld, from LeeAnn, his encounter with the police.

The nurse was finished with my face and asked if I wanted my company to leave while she did the spleen surgery dressings. I said no, let them stay.

The nurse needed something so she left saying she would return shortly. LeeAnn sat on the chair and Terry tried to start a conversation "Mark I just don't know what's going on. None of this makes any sense."

"Tell me about it. Come here for a minute."

Terry came closer as I whispered "LeeAnn was acting very oddly on the last road trip. Has she been under pressure recently?"

Whispering back "Her mother died in a car crash last Christmas, and her sister just started chemo for breast cancer. She seems to be dealing with it ok."

The nurse returned so Terry backed up against the wall. It got quiet in the room. Karly stormed in and started yelling at me and LeeAnn. The nurse called security. Terry restrained Karly until security arrived. After the peace and quiet was restored the nurse continued her work.

LeeAnn got up and stood close enough to hold my hand.

"Last night was awesome. We need to go to that beach again. The sex with you is so good."

Terry, myself, and the attending nurse stared in disbelief.

The nurse looked at Terry and said "Don't let her leave. I'll be right back."

Terry wrapped LeeAnn in a hug. He mouthed 'I'm so sorry.'

After about five minutes the nurse and a pair of doctors escorted Terry and LeeAnn from the room. I had all afternoon to replay the entire two weeks. There were two very different Leeann personalities. It was several hours later when Terry returned. He was very apologetic. He asked me about her odd behavior. When I told him of the angry encounter he lit up.

"I'll be right back."

He returned with a doctor. I repeated my story.

Terry began "Mark, when LeeAnn was a child she was mentally abused quite severely. Her father was relentless in his verbal mistreatment of her. She has been in the midst of a nervous breakdown since last week's encounter. You said she did something strange the day after her work encounter. Was there any conflict involving her that day?"

I said no but then thought about the guest and the tray.

"While we were eating dinner, a guest had an angry encounter with the wait staff."

The doctor joined in "That would do it. She has what we call Dissociative Identity Disorder. Basically she has dual personalities. It is usually a reaction to trauma as a way to help a person avoid bad memories. You must have been the person who interceded on her behalf. You made an imprint on her fantasy personality."

"So what about Sunday and Tuesday? Did something go on those days?"

Terry offered "She backed into the lawn mower on Sunday. I yelled at her for being so careless. I found her text to you on Tuesday. We had an angry encounter. The more she denied the angrier I got. I finally left the house and didn't return until after midnight."

"How about last night?"

"We had a knock down fight again. She was upset that I had filed a complaint against you. She was still denying an affair and that just pissed the hell out of me. I can't tell you how bad I feel for you. You did nothing wrong and I've made a mess of your life."

"Terry, knowing what we know now, I can't say I blame you. Doc, what can you do for LeeAnn?"

"Very little. She needs extensive counselling to help her understand what's happened to her. People get over it. It just takes time. I need to get going, but feel free to ask for me if you have any other questions."

Terry apologized again, then left. Even though she had turned my life upside down, I really did feel sorry for LeeAnn.

They informed me that I would likely be released by noon on Sunday, if I had an uneventful evening. I sent an email to Dennis asking him to please contact Terry as there had been some pertinent developments.

I scrolled through the text messages from Karly. A whole lot of anger being vented towards me. It saddened me to think that this strange set of circumstances had ended my marriage. I played the voice mails but her attempts to justify her actions only fueled my anger. They all hit the trash can.

On Sunday I drove back to find my house as I had left it. Karly had not moved out and my stuff was still there. I started packing what I thought I'd need for the next week.

Dennis called around 3 pm and asked if he could drop by. He said everyone was convinced I was not at fault, and had done nothing wrong. My attempt to talk to him about LeeAnn, along with Terry explaining her medical issue, had satisfied all of higher management's concerns. I was reinstated and this would be expunged from my employment history. LeeAnn had been placed on unpaid leave.

I had just placed the last sack in my car when Karly pulled into the driveway.

"So like some chicken shit you're just going to turn and run. What a fucking pussy."

"Karly, LeeAnn had a nervous breakdown. Nothing she alleged ever occurred. She's under observation at University. You should talk to Terry to confirm what I'm saying. I'm cutting my losses and am going to start over with someone who I hope thinks before she acts. I thought that was you. I couldn't have been more wrong. Thanks for the good times but I really never want to see or hear from you again."

"Mark, don't go! She made it up? How was I supposed to know? Mark, please don't go."

"Karly it doesn't work that way. I don't plan on spending the next forty years worried if whatever I've done that day is enough for you to go to the bar and fuck whoever happens to be there. I won't stay married to a woman who uses her cunt as a weapon of revenge."

"Mark, no! This is just a big misunderstanding. We can get by this. Don't go. I'm sorry. Please?"

I shook my head and closed my car door. She's convinced we can get past this 'misunderstanding'. Are you fucking kidding me? A misunderstanding? The tone of the text and voicemails had certainly changed. Apparently she thought I would get over this is a few days.

My hopes for an amicable divorce were not to be. We have no kids, no pots of gold to divide, yet the judge orders two months of weekly counseling sessions. Apparently Karly saying she didn't want a divorce was the reason behind this roadblock.

As much as I wanted to skip them, I certainly didn't need any blemishes on my reputation. The first session ended badly. The counselor tried a divide and conquer approach. I sat in an empty conference room while Karly stated her case. Then we swapped chairs.

"Mark, tell me how you feel."

"How do I feel? Pretty simple. I won't stay married to a woman who uses her cunt as a weapon of revenge. Game over. Goodnight doc."

"Mark you do realize she thought you had cheated?"

"That diploma on the wall, did you find it in a box of cereal? What part of what I just said didn't you understand?"

"Insults don't help us resolve this Mark. I know you're angry but you have several years together. Do you still love her?"

"I love who I thought she was. Do I love who she turned out to be? No. Are we done?"

"What can she do to regain your trust?"

"I won't stay married to a woman who uses her cunt as a weapon of revenge."

"You've already said that."

"I won't stay married to a woman who uses her cunt as a weapon of revenge."

"Is that all you're going to say?"

"I won't stay married to a woman who uses her cunt as a weapon of revenge."

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Guilty Until Proven Innocent

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds