• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Heart of the Wolf

Heart of the Wolf

She always worked late nights at the clinic, especially since the veterinarian didn't really give a shit about the patients that he saw. Dr. Greg Travis used to be a good doctor and care about what he was doing, but that was about 10 years before Cadence. Now, he weighed close to 300 pounds and could care less. Although she was only a technician, she did most of the things that Dr. Travis wouldn't do. As long as it was away from clients, Dr. Travis would have her prescribing medications or performing procedures that technicians aren't typically supposed to do. Either way, she enjoyed her job and enjoyed the animals that she met. She worked well with dogs especially. She could work with some of the most aggressive dogs and have them puppy-dog tamed by the time they left the clinic. Her favorite dogs were the wolf hybrids. Most of the time, Dr. Travis couldn't get anywhere near them. He was too rough or tried to move too quickly and would get snapped at. Catie just knew how to work with them. It was almost a natural instinct.

Her final patient for the night was Luka, a 4 year old male wolf hybrid that had had surgery to remove a bad eye. Luka was doing remarkably well for having one eye and was patiently waiting to be taken outside before she went home.

"Come here handsome," she said lovingly to Luka as she leashed him and took him out to the yard where she allowed him to run leash-free. Luka was particularly protective when it came to Catie or his owner and wasn't very fond of Dr. Travis. Catie would have to talk Luka down from attacking the doctor anytime he came around. However, Catie trusted the wolf's instincts and was always cautious whenever she was closing the clinic alone with the doctor.

"Luka!" she called. He trotted straight up to her side and lowered his head, so that she could easily leash him. "Good boy," she said as they walked back inside. After putting Luka in his run for the night, Catie went off to start write out paperwork and calculating medications for another patient.

"Catie," Dr. Travis called, "Come here please."

She sighed, "Just a moment." She then heard Luka starting to growl low in his throat. She tossed him a treat and then walked into the office. "Yes sir?"

"Here's a stack of bloodwork reports that need sorted through and deciphered. Would you be a dear and do so?" She knew that he wouldn't look at the reports even if she said no, so she grabbed the stack and walked back to one of the laboratory computers to get to work.

After 30 minutes of going through the reports, she heard Dr. Travis get up and start packing up his things to leave the office. She felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. For some reason, her body told her to run. 'I'm being silly,' she thought to herself as she continued to work on the stack of results in front of her. Another 20 minutes passed and she still felt as if something was wrong. She looked over to Luka and saw his amber eye watching her intently. She felt a little safer knowing that he was still keeping watch over her.

It was now 8:30p.m. and her stomach was profusely rumbling at her. She sighed again and set aside the rest of the results to work on when she came to work again tomorrow to release Luka to his owners. She stood up, gathered her things, and started to leave. Luka was whining at her before she walked out. "I'll be back in the morning my sweet wolf. Get some rest." He seemed to half nod and then laid down to sleep. She walked outside into the crisp, night air and began walking the mile towards her house. Catie wasn't one to be afraid of the dark, but she couldn't help but feel like she was being watched from somewhere.

Finally, she opened the door to her home and went straight to the kitchen. She made a quick ham and cheese sandwich and poured herself a glass of white wine to help herself unwind. After her makeshift dinner, she walked upstairs to her bathroom to shower. She quickly discarded her scrubs, turned the shower on until it was close to scalding, and then stepped inside the mist. She was lonely and had been so ever since her mom passed away. Regina Channing had died in a car accident that had left Catie scarred on the back. She had tried to go back into the crumpled car to pull out her mom and in the process the windshield shattered and shards of glass dug into her skin leaving gashes and then scars. She carefully washed auburn hair and left the safety of her shower to climb into bed. Typically, her nightmares of her mom's passing kept her awake. However, Catie had turned to Lunesta to help with that. Occasionally, when nights were bad, she'd take two instead of one.

Saturdays at the clinic were typically easy. All Catie had to do was take care of the hospitalized patients and discharge the ones that were able to go home. Luka's family was having a friend pick him up today, so Catie had everything up and ready to go by the time they got there. She walked into the room to talk with them and was immediately stunned. Inside the room was a 6'5" man that was all bad ass attitude and looked highly annoyed to be here and beside him was a smaller 5'6" female that looked like she belonged as a cover model with her huge tits and too blonde hair.

"So you guys are here to get Luka?" Catie asked.

"What the fuck does it look like?" blondie replied.

Catie sighed and went into care instructions of Luka's eye and such all the while Mr. Asshole continued to stare her down like she was for dinner. Finally she finished and went to fetch Luka. When she walked him back into the room, Luka bowed his head low and slowly walked up to both of the people in there. They petted on him and finally thanked Catie for her time before walking out. In a strange way, Catie felt liked she'd be seeing them soon.

After that, she went back and started cleaning everything before getting ready to leave. She heard Logan the kennel technician spraying down some of the kennels as she opened the door to retrieve Luka's cage card.

"Hey there beautiful. How's my girl today?" Logan was scrawny for his 6 foot height and had a crush on Catie. He continually tries to woo her, to which she declines every time.

"I'm doing well, Lo. Just finishing things up," she said and walked into the surgery room. Inside the surgery suite, Dr. Travis is mulling over some of the injectable narcs. Catie ignores him and continues on to start writing down what she's done for Luka on the medicine board.

"What are your plans today, Catie?" Dr. Travis asks with a sly tone.

"Nothing. I was planning on going home and watching some movies by myself." He turns towards her and looks slightly agitated? "Is something wrong, Sir?" she tentatively asks him.

"No. I'm fine," he's says curtly and quickly turns around and walks away.

Catie ignores the sinking feeling in her gut and turns back towards Luka's records in front of her. As she's writing, she hears Logan and Dr. Travis talking in the kennel about something. She doesn't try to figure out what they're saying and starts recording dosages of medications on the chart. Someone then grabs her and wraps a towel around her face so that it's hard to breathe. The last thing she feels before she passes out is the prick of a needle entering her veins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the fuck is this mutt's problem, Syd? God, why did we get stuck with taking the dog back?"

"I don't know Marshall. Kaine just told us to pick him up for a friend. Maybe he misses the bitch from the clinic."

They finally turned into the long driveway that lead up to the mansion. When they reached the gate, Marshall put in his code and waited for the gate to open enough to let the van through. The garage door opened as they pulled up to it and there stood Kaine. Kaine had dark black hair and piercing blue eyes. He was tall but young. Everyone had been shocked, but not too surprised at how quickly Kaine fit into his new role after his father passed away 6 years ago.

Before Syd and Marshall opened the door, Kaine could feel the anger and fear rolling off of the wolf dog. He knew that Dr. Travis was a snake and (for his sake) hoped that no harm had come to Luka. Luka was a guard dog for some human friends of the clan and they had asked for Kaine to watch him for a few hours before they got home. They told him about the clinic and about the technician that typically did all of Luka's care. And now, Kaine was concerned by Luka's behavior.

Luka! Stop this instant!

Hesitantly, Luka stopped his fussing and laid down. Syd opened the door for Kaine and stepped away. Kaine placed his hand on Luka's forehead and tried to understand what had him so worked up. Luka's thoughts came jumbled into Kaine's head. Must help her. He has hurt her. Help her! He listened as Luka repeated these thoughts in his mind.

Luka! Slow down! Who?

Must save girl! Brown hair! Very pretty! Cadence!

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Heart of the Wolf

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 191 milliseconds