• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Highland Pack Ch. 01

Highland Pack Ch. 01

123

Hello everyone,

I'm back with another adventure. This story is a collaborative effort with my good friend and buddy CelticCat. Her characters will undoubtedly make an appearance in this new world. As you know, I can't just end a story. I always find a way to keep going. Well, In "Brother Wolves", a new pack formed. I asked myself, what happened next. In "Battle of Wills" Stork and Belinda receive a well-earned vacation. Voila, a new series was born. I hope you enjoy.

AN: All characters involved in any adult acts are 18 or older. Now please enjoy the new strand.

IR2R

*****

THE HIGHLAND PACK

(The Macgregor Pack)

Kabooom, baboom, baboom! Thunder crashed in the night sky. Lightning flashed behind the clouds as the alpha of the Macgregor Pack stood outside on his patio. He could feel each and every member of his unusual pack, and most were content. His children, were sleeping, and the rest of the people in their small but sturdy home rested as well. The only person not sleeping, besides him, was the one woman he loved more than life itself. His mate was not wolf, but dragon. Yet the truth of the matter was, their mating was really the root of the problems they kept encountering.

When Andrew relocated to the Highlands and became pack alpha, Laird MacLean gifted the pack with private grounds on which they could establish their home. The ground included a small stone castle that served as the alpha home. Over the last few years, pack members had constructed small but sturdy homes for their families.

However, as more were came and requested asylum, new structures were built. And housing was provided for them. Unlike the compounds at home, Andrew did not have a community center built, choosing the use the first floor in the alpha home for group gatherings, meetings, and meals. Everyone in the pack dined together on Sundays, but had the freedom to prepare their own meals in their homes through the week.

Gao insisted that each person be allowed to be true to their own genetic make-up. Andrew agreed. Wolfs were pack animals, needing closeness and kinesthetic touch, where Were-cats, preferred solitary time. With only their closest loved ones near. Were-bears like wolves were pack as well, but made up of smaller units. As his pack grew, many people outside of the pack had questions. It was just those concerns that plagued the young alpha this night.

"Andrew, what's wrong?" Gao asked her mate,

"Nothing, I have to meet with alphas from the UK and France. They have questions. Don't worry. It's the usual. They are wondering about the pack." he replied hiding his real worry.

Gao was not fooled. Her dragon suspected their mate was trying to protect them, but she was not hiding in some small room.

"Andrew, don't lie to us. What is wrong?" the dragon demanded.

Andrew smiled, His mates dragon was a formidable foe. She was fiery and extremely protective of them. The pack was her new family and she was the most protective female alpha he'd ever seen. He recalled Serene visiting after they formed the pack; Gao had questions and his former Madam Alpha answered as best she could.

The members of the pack were small but growing each day. Many others had come. At first, he only wanted wolves, but a few loners appeared and he found his pack made-up of wolves, a few were bears, were cats, and various others.

He never turned anyone away. The Macgregor Pack was unlike any pack in the world. It was a pack where you could belong. Having lived with Bertrand, Andrew learned how to be a compassionate leader. He applied that knowledge each and every day. His mate was a blessing for him. She gave him reasons to smile every day. She was also instrumental in helping him to decide to take on the responsibility of alpha. He loved his pack. The only thing they asked was that they love and respect each other as well as protect the family.

At first, Andrew struggled with his new position. However, after the initial naming ceremony, both Rayan and Brecken thanked him for bringing their pack back and honoring their parents. They swore their loyalty to him. In an instant, the bond with the brothers and the new alpha became stronger, and he accepted them as the head betas in the newly formed pack.

Caitlyn and Conor were a great source of strength for him. Often, Conor would serve as his mentor. Which was unusual being that Conor was a Dragon Laird. But, to Andrew, he was so much more; he was a friend. Besides, he had additional backup, Alpha Bertrand was a call away. He smiled. He had strong allies. Jackson, Bertrand, and Kingsley not only stood for him, they stood with him.

Gao waited for him to formulate an answer. She understood that her mate was not very outspoken, and oftentimes, he had to take a minute to formulate his words. She smiled, noting how he was beginning to seem stressed. She hugged him and she sent him a wave of love. We are wolf love. Despite what other might say, we are family. I am apart of you as you are a part of me. Our children are both wolf and dragon. Our children are unique Andrew, and we will protect them. Andrew pulled his woman in his arms.

"I love you so much woman. I never thought, I'd meet someone as wonderful as you. You keep me sane." He whispered. Gao smiled and returned his embrace.

Gao returned his embrace, but she asked once again, "What do they want now?"

"Nothing, they just have to find fault. Soon, they will find something else to focus on." Andrew promised, praying that his words were true.

*****

Meanwhile, the alphas across the globe were meeting. A new pack had formed and chosen the name of a pack that had long since been destroyed. Yes, they knew two original members still lived and were raised by a dragon clan, but they were not pack alphas. The alphas agreed that if the beta stepped down and handed his leadership to one of the original MacGregor's wolves then they would have no real problem with that pack being resurrected. However, this wolf was American, not Scottish. How could he lead a Scottish pack?

Rayan and Brecken knew of the rumors and they defended their alpha fiercely. He was more that qualified to lead and they dared any creature that challenged him.

The female wolves had questions about his mate. She was not a wolf at all. How could she serve as alpha female to a wolf pack? They pondered.

Gao handled their censure with grace and dignity. She did not stand alone, her pack supported her completely. Like vampires, demons , and other creatures, wolves were also self-sufficient. Yes they did confer with other packs all over the world, but they did not rely on others to sustain them. Each functioned as a family unit.

However, the questions Andrew faced did not go unnoticed by the wolves back home. In an effort to shore up his defenses, Bertrand sent warriors to the Highlands. These wolves did not travel alone, Jackson sent fighters as did Kingsley. These wolves were family and they would protect them.

******

A few months after the query into the unusual members of the pack began, more and more unknown animals arrived in the highlands. The dragons were on high alert, but each animal made his way to the MacGregor homestead. This strange diaspora of many kinds of Were-creatures divulging into the small country was a bit alarming at first, but other than a few hostile ones, none were a serious threat. It seemed that this unusual pack was drawing Weres that had no real home. The misfits you could say.

Andrew and Gao welcomed them all. In neighboring countries, other packs grew concerned. A pack of mixed were-creatures could become a threat over time. Hybrids had already been born in this pack. Could the Weres cross breed with other were-animals? What were the alpha children? Were they wolf or dragon? Would they become overpowering, or would their strange makeup cause problems? Other leaders questioned.

Andrew and Gao refused to rise to their accusations. They simply accepted their new pack mates and made certain that they knew they had a home now. All that needed a safe haven were welcomed.

*****

In the forest a young she wolf was relaxing beneath a canopy of trees. Each day, she found a secluded place to meditate. Mera Welsh was so happy that her family took a chance and relocated to the Highlands. Alpha and Madam Parks were her heroes. As he relaxed, someone joined her. For just a millisecond, fear permeated the air, then Mera remembered that she was safe here.

"You're scared. I thought wolf bitches feared nothing." Shawn, a young dragon teased new member of the Macgregor pack.

"I'm not afraid. I'm just not foolish. Alpha Banks has rules. We must obey them," she explained, "Besides, you're dragon, go find some dragon girls to tease."

Shawn laughed, "They aren't fun. Besides, I like that cute little furrow you get when I tick you off." He teased as he stole the journal she was writing in and then dashed away with her in hot pursuit.

Mera chased him. Shawn was always teasing her. Even though he knew she preferred to be left alone. This time he had snatched her journal, and she most definitely did not want him to read it. Shifting, she caught, him. He let her catch him, but refused to give back the book unless she gave him a prize.

"What do you want, Shawn?" Mera demanded, hands on her hips, her dark eyes sparkling. Clearly she was annoyed.

"Give me a kiss," She moved "No, not one like you would give your brother. I want a full kiss on the lips." Shawn demanded.

"Fine, give me back my book, first." Mera demanded.

Shawn grinned, his green eyes sparkling with mischief. "After you give me a kiss, I'll give you back your book."

Groaning, Mera leaned forward and pressed her lips to his cheek, but Shawn was clever, a quick turn of his head, and her kiss landed square on his lips. The she wolf was surprised; it was the sweetest kiss she'd ever experienced. Shawn moved and cupped her waist, pulling her close when she gasped. Surprising both of them, her arms instinctively went around his broad shoulders, deepening their intimacy.

It no longer mattered that they were two different species. All they were now was a man and woman completely enthralled with each other. A voice broke into Mera's blissful moment. She ignored it at first, but the call of her Alpha Madam could not go unanswered. She pulled back, as Shawn reluctantly let her go.

Mera, come to my office. Gao sent, ending their moment.

"My alpha calls." She sighed and then explained to him as he released her gently.

"Go. I'll see you tomorrow." Shawn whispered, a ghost of a smile crossing his lips. He gave her back her journal. Mera nodded and took off. Turning back, she rushed to Madam Gao's office.

"Mera, there are some new girls that arrived this morning. I need you to show them around and to their rooms." Gao explained.

Mera nodded, "Yes Madam Alpha" She replied. Gao smiled and the young wolf went to meet her new charges.

Mera was not surprised that the new pack members were Weres, but not wolf. "Hi, my name is Mera and I will show you around."

The girls stood, each holding on to one another.

One spoke, "Hi, I'm Izzy, and these are my sisters Mina and Carrie. We are..." She looked away.

Mera smiled, "It's OK. You find many different people are members of our pack. Follow me"

The girls went on a tour. Soon, the three sisters relaxed and Mera found that they had a lot in common. At the end of the tour, the four girls were fast friends. The sisters joined their parents as Mera sought out her mother. As she walked home, she looked up, and smile. Just as she suspected, Shawn was hovering above. She smiled and winked at her winged friend.

*****

Meanwhile, Brecken and Rayan had a meeting with the men. As head betas, they took on serious responsibility. Many newer pack members often came to them for advice. They both took the role seriously. The pack was relatively small, and needed men in various positions. Being that some of the newest members were not wolf, they were determined to have each member feel comfortable in their new roles.

It was easier than first thought. Bertrand, Jackson, and Kingsley sent members over to help the MacGregor pack reestablishes itself. They stayed in the face of an imminent threat. With help from the visiting packs, the men began beta training with the new members immediately.

Several female cats and bears wanted a beta position as well, so they too went into training. The men had no trouble preparing the females. Rayan and Brecken learned that each unique species had her own set of skills. These new betas were welcomed. The men often sparred and laughed as the children engaged in mock fights. Their pack was strong, and from the look of the young ones, it would remain so.

Ciara often visited the compound with her boys. The pups yelped excitedly when Ciara and the toddlers visited. Brodie and Jesse fit right in. They loved to play fight. Sometimes one or two would get nipped, but it was all in good fun.

Suni and Mari loved when Ciara stopped by. Ciara also loved checking in with her new sisters as well. Gao was a person she considered more than a friend. She was instrumental in stopping an act of heinous evils years before. So high was the personal cost, that they feared they'd lose Gao to her grief. Ciara would never forget what this woman sacrificed to help them. Gao was happy, and for that Ciara was filled with gratitude. Gao was a dear old friend, and she was also happy that she was home. Gao enlisted Ciara to help her read and decide which females she could trust. Gao knew Ciara was gifted, and of course she did not mind. Whenever a new female joined, all four women would meet and discuss her Then Ciara would share what she felt about her.

Suni and Mari would decide which position the new females would best serve. Based on Ciara's views, Suni would take the ones that were more subservient, whereas Mari dealt with the more vocal women. Often, they made the right choice, but if they made an error, it was corrected just as quickly as it was discovered. Both women made sure the females knew who their Madam Alpha was. They could have their opinions, but at no time were they to disrespect Madam Gao.

There was a clear understanding that Conor and Caitlyn were welcomed at any time. Each new member met their dragon patriarch. Conor knew the Weres worldwide were questioning Andrew, and he wanted to deal with them. Andrew talked to him often, and asked that he stand down. Nevertheless, although Conor agreed to let the wolf handle it, no one would attack them on the MacLean land. He acquiesced to Andrew's request though. He wasn't a Were-creature so on this he would stand down.

*****

Knowing the pack was concerned, Andrew and Gao often discussed what was happening over dinner. Usually, the pack would be clear of visitors and friends This night was no different.

As the pack ate, and Rayan held his mate making her take a break, Andrew shared the latest news. Alpha Russic from the European continent, was requesting permission to visit Andrew could outright refuse. He had nothing to prove to anyone, but he wanted his pack members to be accepted was requesting permission to visit Andrew could outright refuse. He had nothing to prove to anyone, but he wanted his pack members to be accepted by the entire Were community.

"Alpha, when will he get here?" Rayan asked, his respect and love for this new pack obvious. And he did not inquire alone, beside him stood his twin, and several newly appointed betas. Andrew took every opportunity to welcome other pack members into the fold. He looked at his small but unique family. They were strong. This pack consisted of at least 25 wolves, 20 cats, and over a dozen bears. With the visiting wolves, there were over one hundred Weres present and ready to defend them at a moment's notice. Andrew smiled, "Listen, we might be small. We might be different. But no one else is better than we are. Macgregor Pack, we are glorious." He declared, and everyone cheered. Gao smiled as the young ones leaped and played. Furrowing her brow, she worried about the visitors, only sobering when Andrew joined her, rubbing her back. He sent, Gao, we are here. No one can come against our family without facing all of us. Gao smiled, and hugged her mate.

Gao looked around, her eyes landed on Yuric and his family. She smiled as she remembered when they arrived a few years ago. That was not surprising. One day as Ciara was visiting, her cat hissed. A small family of jaguar made their way to the gates of the compound. The father was thin, wiry and his mate very pregnant. They had a small child with them, and she would not speak. Brecken wanted to question them, but it was obvious that the family needed medical attention. Contacting MacLean, a care giver arrived and was concerned about the mother. However, the family needed to eat. Holding on tightly to her daughter, the mother followed the strange healer to a small dining room. Andrew waited. Gao sat with him. The family ate. When they were done, Brecken asked them to join them in the alpha's office. It was unusual for a family to travel alone without a pack. They sat, the little girl held securely in her father's lap. Her big brown eyes filled with trepidation. Rayan started to speak, when the female groaned loudly. Within seconds, a gush of water covered the floor. They needed a healer immediately. Gao called for a female to take the little girl as her mother was carried to a private room.

The pack had no medical staff. So, Gao called Caitlyn, and they sent help. Andrew sat with the father and after a few hours, he welcomed the newest member of his pack. It was obvious that this was not an easy trip on the family, and Andrew wanted answers. Yuric sighed and faced his host. "Please, let my wife and children stay. I'll go if I must, but they need to be someplace safe." The father was so proud, but not too proud to beg for asylum.

Andrew led him to his office. The females took care of the kittens and stayed with the mother. Haven wanted to be with her mother, so she was taken to her mother's room where she met her new sisters.

Andrew talked to him and learned that he made the only choice he could to protect his family. In India, his family was hunted to near extinction Their fur was often desired by humans. One night, his wife awoke. She had a nightmare and he went to the alpha. Being that he and his wife were omega, the alpha dismissed him. He returned home and woke his mate. He led them into a cave and they hid.

Just as his mate had dreamed, he heard screams coming from the pride. The humans ambushed them. They were defenseless, and he was a coward. He stayed with his mate and daughter, shielding them and keeping their daughter quiet until the humans left.

They hid for two days while the carcasses where gathered and loaded on a truck.

He spied each day, and when they loaded the last carcass, he waited a few more hours and that night at dusk, they started walking. In his travels, he heard rumors of a new pack in the Highlands. He wasn't sure what type of pack, but his family needed to belong. So, working where he could, he bought tickets and they traveled here.

Andrew nodded. The story was captivating, "What's your name?" He asked.

The dark-eyed man looked him in the eye and answered, "Yuric Dreska. My wife is Savia, My daughter is Haven."

Andrew sighed, and then like magic, he connected to the jaguar and his family .

Welcome to MacGregor. Andrew sent.

Yuric gasped, Thank you Alpha. He replied, relieved that they finally had a home.

Andrew dismissed him and Yuric joined his wife and children. He sat beside the bed and smiled, tears swimming in his eyes. All three looked so peaceful now. He touched each one; his Savia, his little Haven, and his newest addition, Kevana. Haven lay beside her mother and new sister holding her protectively. When she linked to the new pack, Savia began to cry as Gao welcomed her and her daughters.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Highland Pack Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 13 milliseconds