Honor Thy Mother & Thy Father Ch. 29

"One moment Mister President; Julia will you please join me."

Julia stood by her husband and took his left hand into her right.

"The President has asked me to answer your first question, and we all know what it is. I would like you to meet my wife Julia. I lost my first wife to my political ambitions. I will not lose Julia for any reason at all. I love her more than I love this big White House behind me. We are going on vacation. We have not had a real one in sixteen years. I have been the Governor of the State of Connecticut for eight years; a member of the bench for two years, and Attorney General for six years. Every time I tried to get away with her for some private time; politics got in the way. It is not going to happen this time. She likes to fly her airplane, and I like to sail my boat. If you're looking for us after my nieces wedding on Saturday, you can find us in one of those two places. So to answer your question most clearly and definitely, "No, I am not running for the Presidency of the United States."

There was a huge gasp from the press corps, as cameras clicked away furiously.

The President said to Julia, loud enough for the microphone to pick up, "Julia, change his mind, this country needs him, much more than he knows."

"Mister President, I need him too." The microphones picked up that statement also. It was soap opera at its best.

In his office Fred was dancing with Sondra. "They couldn't have said it, any better if I wrote it for them."

"You wrote it for them Fred?"

"Of course I did. The only thing I didn't put in there were the tears in Julia's eyes at the end. She was magnificent."

Sondra's pencil was sticking out of his tie again.

"What did I do wrong this time?"

"You are windbag Fred. I wanted to let a little air out of you, before you exploded."

"I only do it for him, Sondra. You have no idea how honest and straightforward he is. If he was dying of thirst, and there was a sign on a well that said 'private,' he wouldn't drink from it as a point of honor."

126. (Friday, December 20) will The Mole Is Discovered

Patty and Stephano flew down to Washington after dinner with Jemma and her dad. Jemma kept needling Patty with baseball metaphors. "You only hit a triple, with one more you could have hit for the cycle."

"Jemma get your metaphors correct. The cycle is a single, double, triple, and a home run."

"Isn't that what you're doing?

"Jemma, I still owe you for lying to me. Don't make me hit you in the restaurant."

"He made me do it. Your dad is very convincing when he wants to be. He is a very bad man."

"Darling, you have no idea how bad I can be. When you are healed, the paddles will be put away, and the real fun will begin."

"Do you see what I mean? I never know when he's joking or not."

Patty said, "Look at the twinkle in his eyes. If they are bright and shiny, you are in trouble. If they are dark and brooding, you are in real trouble."

"So what you're saying is I am in trouble all the time."

"It all depends on what you consider trouble!"

The look on Jemma's face made everyone at the table laugh.

**********

Patty and Stephano arrived at the FBI building at 3 AM to set up a program she named, "The Honey Trap." She designed it in a way that only one person would answer the question correctly. Then they had to keep that person in the building just in case you figured out they had been caught.

The way to do this was to say there was a fire in the computer area. Most services would either run slowly or not at all while it was being contained. Everyone was to remain at their posts, until further notice.

The trap was set and baited by 6 AM, and most of the senior and clerical staff did not arrive until after 8 AM.

There was a meeting of the senior staff of the FBI in Michael's office with the US Attorney from New York, Fred Fielding, who would be prosecuted the case against the Mafia bosses in New York. They went over tactics, and evidence that was to be presented, including the files that would be presented. Then Michael dropped the bomb that would seal the fate of these men, and hopefully find the pipeline between his office, and the underworld.

"Gentleman, they will ask for our witness list, and we will give it to them. They will be one name on it that they will never expect. They believe they killed him and he is dead and buried in Cottonwood, Arizona. However, he is alive and well living on the Chippewa Indian reservation in Wolf Point Montana. Alan Robbins is alive, and waiting to testify in open court against these men. Even his wife thinks he's dead. He has tried to escape from our custody at least a dozen times to see them. He has never seen his son, and he is as angry as hell at me and the Bureau. Let's not fuck up this trial up men; or he may kill us all. "

"You've kept this a secret from us all this time."

"It was a need to know basis, and you gentleman didn't need to know."

Fred Fielding said, "You've just made my case a slam dunk. Thank you Michael, I can go to bed tonight, and sleep peacefully."

"I thought you might like that news Fred."

"Does anyone else have any questions?"

No one responded.

"I have one thing more to say about this case. If anyone fucks up the evidence on this case like Robbins did in the first trial, you will be in jail for a minimum of twenty years. I promise you this, because I will charge you as part of a criminal organization. You are dismissed."

"Transcribe the notes of this meeting for me Jessica."

"Right away Director."

Jessica Tandy had been with Michael as he worked his way up through the administrative ranks of the FBI. She had been his loyal and trusted secretary for more than twelve years. She had the highest security clearances. She never failed a polygraph test and always lived well within her means. No one ever doubted her veracity, until a bell went off at Patty's computer.

Jessica had entered a sub-program no one knew existed. It was addressed in code, but routed to Portsmouth Virginia. It was a short message in code and she signed off.

Patty called Michael on his cell, and told him to lock down the building. She had found the mole.

The fire alarms sounded throughout the building. The message went out there was a fire in the computer area. Everyone was to remain at their posts while it was being contained.

Michael ran out of his office, and told Jessica he was on his way down to the computer area to check on the damage. When he reached Patty, that computers had already decoded the message: "Son tell your owners Alan Robbins is alive and living on an Indian Reservation in Wolf Point Montana."

"I can't believe it's her. What has her son done that would put her in such a bind?"

"Michael, let me talk to her and I will find out. If you talk to her all she will do is cry."

"Do it, Patty, get me all the information you can. I am going to hate the day I put her in jail."

"Don't; tell everyone you are using her as a double agent. You are gathering information on everyone in organized crime using Portsmouth as a port of entry."

"I can't do that Patty. I am an officer of the law, and I am sworn to uphold it."

"Think about it while I find out what's going on. Put a wire me so you can listen to the conversation."

*********

"Hello Jessica, my name is Patty, and we have to talk."

"Do I know you?"

"No, but Director Free and I are very good friends. Let's go into his office so we can have some privacy."

"Jessica, until Director Free walks through that door, you are not under arrest for divulging federal secrets to Mafia figures. Unless you tell me how your son figures into all of this, I will not be able to help you out from under the charges you will face. You will spend the rest of your natural life in a federal prison. I know it is not the life you pictured for yourself, or your son. What happened in your son's life that was so terrible that you were forced to become a traitor to your country?"

Jessica dropped her head into her hands and began to cry.

Patty said, "Don't do that, because it will not help you. Only I can help you. Tears will put you in jail. Tell me about your son."

"My son, Anthony, works on the docks in Portsmouth. Those people caught him stealing a kilo of cocaine from their shipment. They didn't torture him, because they knew who I worked for. They took him to his home, and in front of their children they raped his wife for hours. They put her to work in a brothel for a month. They made him stand there and watch as she took on man after man. She is no longer the wonderful woman he married. They told him that if they didn't get information from me about what was happening in reference to their business dealings they would put his wife in the brothel permanently, and start doing the same thing with their fifteen-year-old daughter."

"Why didn't you tell Michael?"

"How could I possibly take a chance like that? If they found out that Anthony was holding anything back from them, I could lose all of them. I would have lost my entire family. I just couldn't do that. They checked on every bit of information I gave them to make sure it was correct. To make sure I was not informing on them, they would pick-up my granddaughter at school, and drive her home. She is so frightened her grades have fallen through the floor. I have told her not to worry; grandma is taking care of everything. Nothing will ever happen to her."

"We have all the information we need now. Don't you dare arrest her, Michael, her family has suffered enough."

Michael Free walked into his office, and Jessica turned pale. She stood up and said, "Director, I am so sorry."

"I could have helped you. I would have moved heaven and earth to help you."

Patty said, "Michael, let her continue doing what she's been doing, until you have everyone you need in place. My father can help you with that because of the people he knows, and deals with from time to time. When you are ready to make your move he will back out of your way so you can make your arrests. Do not move Jessica and her family into the Witness Protection Program until the very last second. I don't want them to go to Arizona or New Mexico, because that's the first place these people will look for them. Get Anthony's wife and daughter professional help. They are going to need a lot of it. They have experienced traumas no one should have to live through."

"Can I use your $1.4 million to do that?"

"I am in a generous mood today, Michael, so yes you can. If you use one penny of that money for anything else, Dorothy, Melody, and Harmony will be visiting you in jail."

"God, I hate you Patty."

Stephano was leaning against the doorjamb to Michael's office. He said, "Gee whiz, Patty, where have I heard that statement before."

"I'm not sure where it started Steph, but if I were to venture a guess, I believe it was you."

"You may be right, but if it wasn't me, I am absolutely sure it was Brad."

"No, I am sure it was you."

"Do you want to argue about this, or would you rather get laid."

"Gentlemen, I have just received an offer I cannot refuse. When you and my father figure out the details of this operation, give me a call, and I will tell you everything that's wrong with it."

Michael said, "Stephano get her out of here before I shoot her. I do have a real gun, and I rarely miss at this range."

"Michael, you gave her a gun, and she does not miss at this range."

"I must've been insane that day."

Patty kissed Michael goodbye and whispered, "I hate you too Michael, very much."

***********

As it is every December 20 of the year, Congress takes is Christmas vacation on the taxpayers tab. The only item discussed during the day was the shocking announcement by Clark Atwater that he would not seek the Presidency of the United States. He said in a press conference later that day there would be no secret meetings, no television appearances, no state visits, no international travel that involved meetings with heads of state, and nothing that involved politics. When Julia and he traveled, it was going to be for their pleasure only, and they wanted to be treated as ordinary U.S. citizens."

Members on the Right were rejoicing, members on the Left were wondering who would challenge for the lead in the parties election. There was a huge void to be filled.

127. (December 21) The Wedding

It was a bright, beautiful day in Washington DC, and the throngs of people that were invited and uninvited guests of Sharon Williams and Fred Hastings nuptials filled the Cathedral and poured out on the public areas surrounding it. The guest list was like a who's who of the business and political world. Gates, Castronova, Bloomfield, Schneider, Chase, Gomez, the list went on with thirteen billionaires, 20 senators, forty-five senior members of the House of Representatives, Members of the Supreme Court, Members of the Federal Reserve, CEOs of the largest companies in the United States, just the type of people you would expect at any normal wedding.

Sharon knew none of them. Fred knew a few of the members of Congress. Later in his life several would be instrumental in it, but he could not know that now.

As the wedding theme began, Clark took Sharon by her arm, the doors of the great cathedral opened, and everyone stood to see the bride enter. As they were looking down the aisle, President Collins and his wife Virginia walked out of the vestibule accompanied by the Bishop, and sat in the first two seats in the left row.

Fred heard the disturbance, turned his head slightly, and saw President Collins standing there. His body weaved until Michael caught him by the arm.

He said, "Take it easy Fred." He smacked him on his back and said, "Breathe, look at the bride."

Fred turned his head to a glorious looking Sharon, took a deep breath, and smiled. "You knew about this you bastard, you are going to die."

"Speak to your uncle-in-law; he put me up to this."

Sharon only had eyes for Fred, as he stood there waiting for her. As she reached the first row, her uncle Clark beamed as he lifted her veil and kissed her.

"Thank you so much Uncle Clark."

"I love you like a daughter, Sharon."

Fred hit him on his shoulder and said, "May I have my bride now? I have waited all my life to meet this one woman."

Clark laughed, "We were all sure he was gay."

"Well, I am not. Would you take your place as my best man please?"

"It will be my pleasure Fred."

Julia took Sharon's left arm as her matron of honor, and Clark took Fred's arm as his best man. Clark whispered in Fred's ear, "You do know I am the best man here."

"Yes, your worship, you are; as long as I continue to write your speeches."

Julia leaned forward and asked, "Are you two imbeciles ready yet?"

Clark and Fred said, "Yes dear."

The Archbishop began the service with the acknowledgment of the attendance of President Royce and Virginia Collins.

Sharon said to Julia, "I should have worn the incontinence underwear. I'm about to pee my pants."

Julia said, "Don't worry about it; you're standing on carpet. It will soak it up, and your dress will hide it."

Twenty minutes later, after the exchanges of the rings, and the kissing of the bride, Fred led his wife Sharon Hastings down the aisle to the cheers of his guests and friends. As they entered the bright afternoon sunshine, the cheers got louder.

The greatest piece of memorabilia from that wonderful day was the picture of them standing on the top step of the Cathedral. Sharon was standing in the center, with the president, his wife, and her four gorgeous daughters were standing to her right. Fred, her Uncle Clark, Aunt Julia, Director Free, and four of Fred's friends from work were standing to her left. It was a magnificent picture. Anyone who desired a copy of it had to pay Sharon a penny. Even her uncle Clark was not immune from this charge. There were no exceptions.

Everyone in the new Hastings family was exhausted by 11 PM, when they left for the airport. Except for the dinner break, they were constantly on the dance floor. Fred and Sharon were allowed to dance the traditional first dance together. After that they rarely saw each other during the evening. What should have been a very staid event because of the character of the people there, turned out to be a really raucous evening. Even the President had his tie off by 9 PM. Women were dancing without shoes (thankfully), even though their gowns were dragging along the floor. Business deals were put off, because everyone was having such a wonderful time. When Sharon finally bumped into her Aunt Julia, whose three hundred dollars hairdo was now permanently gone, she asked her, "What drugs did you put into those drinks?"

Julia laughed, "I didn't put it in their drinks darling. I put it in their food."

Sharon opened her mouth in shock, until her aunt winked at her. She finally realized it was a joke.

"Sharon sometimes people here in Washington do let their hair down. Congress is in recess, and no one gives a hoot about what is going to happen on Monday. This is your night sweetheart; kick up your heels and enjoy it."

As the time was approaching for them to leave Fred approached one of the Secret Service members and asked if anybody knew where his wife was. The man spoke into his sleeve, and received an answer in his ear.

He said, "Mister Hastings, your wife is 20 yards to our left, and 30 yards to the center. She is dancing with the Secretary of Defense, and from all reports she has to defend herself from his hands."

"He better watch out for his hands. She will cut them off at his elbows if he's not careful. Would you pick a spot for Sharon and I to say goodbye to the President and Mrs. Collins please." The agent nodded and Fred walked off to save the Secretary of Defense.

The band stopped playing and Clark Atwater announced that the new Mister and Mrs. Hastings were leaving on the weirdest honeymoon anyone had ever taken. Part of the reason for this was because the new couple wanted both Julia and he to make a quick getaway out of Washington, and begin our long deserved vacation. We promised to take care of our four fabulous nieces, while they were on their honeymoon. However, when I advised Fred, two weeks ago, that I was not going to run for the presidency, Fred and Sharon would not allow us to stay one moment longer in this city to be hounded by the press. Fred has been my legal left arm, my brain, and my right hand man, since he was in college. He stepped in front of two bullets that were meant for me, and nearly died because of it. Now, he is taking his four wonderful children, with him, on his honeymoon, so my wonderful wife, Julia, and I, can take that vacation which is long overdue. I cannot think of a man who is more dedicated, or more faithful to his job, his boss, and yes his friend. When he is old enough, you may want to think about putting him inside this building." He turned, and looked at Fred. "I love you like the son I never had."

There were tears in the audience and even some of the hard-core press veterans were misty-eyed.

Fred stood there for a moment, and then broke the solemnness by saying, "Thank you, your grumpiness."

The crowd exploded with laughter. Even the President was holding his sides he was laughing so hard.

However, the telling of the true tale was the way they hugged each other, when the speaking stopped, and the applauding started.

Fred and Sharon said a private goodbye to the President and Mrs. Collins, before he addressed everyone at the Gala facility.

"Ladies, gentlemen, finally I can call this lovely, courageous young woman my own. You have all read what she went through as a young mother and battered wife. I could not be more proud, as a man, to call her Mrs. Sharon Hastings. As everyone I have ever worked with will tell you, they thought I was gay. I never went out with any woman, and I saved every penny I ever made. I drove a car my comrades at work bet on daily would never get me to work, or work on time.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 20 milliseconds