• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • How To
  • /
  • How to Ruin A Good Story

How to Ruin A Good Story

Many tim I open a storie on literotica settle down in my chair and get ready to transported to my own little fantasyland.

The title may be catchy prommising to be a very nice arousing story. I have hi hopes for a enjoyabl fwe minuets of reading. Then I began to read. Often I consider stoping in midstory but usualy perseveer becuase I want to see how the story turns out.

A wonderful unique storie can so easily be spoiled because the author has not bothered to prooffread, use a spellchecking program and/or have someone edit the story. It is very annoying to try to read a store that is full of errors: mispellings, incorrect grammer useage and misplaced and missused punctuation marks.

I have given a lower rateing than I would like to for a particular story, because of the reasons listed above. A story which I ordinarily would rate 5 for the storie isself might recieve 2 or 3 points lower from me, simply because the author didn't make the effort to assure that his or her story was properly proof read and edited.

I am not claiming to be perfect. Im sure that pllenty of errors can be found in my storys...including this peice, even though I proofread them, and run them through the spllchecker at least twice. Of course, spell checking programs are not fool-proof, but they do help! It just But it bothers me to see such blatent misstakes. It appears as though the author is more intersted in churning out stiries instead of submmitting quality erotica.

If an author does not care enuogh to check for and correct obveous errors, why should I bother to reed his or her work? I don't want to sound pompous or bitchy; I just want for people to make an effort in their writing so that they can produce the best storys possible.

* * * * * *

OK...enough of that. I think you get the idea, if you have read this far. What I just typed may seem like a major exaggeration, but it isn't far from the truth for some stories I've read here.

Some works just have a few minor typographical errors, which isn’t really so bad. But some of the stories are full of mistakes of almost every kind.

Trying to read a story that has such errors, many of which are glaringly obvious, is very difficult. Mistakes like those break the “flow” of reading, which is distracting. It makes it hard to keep up with the action in the story.

My plea to authors is this: Please check your work. If you are not sure that you can do it on your own, please make use of one of the volunteer editors that offer their services for you on Literotica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The corrected version:

Many times I open a story on Literotica, settle down in my chair, and get ready to be transported to my own little fantasyland.

The title may be catchy, promising to be a very nice, arousing story. I have high hopes for an enjoyable few minutes of reading. Then I begin to read. Often, I consider stopping in mid-story, but usually persevere because I want to see how the story turns out.

A wonderful, unique story can so easily be spoiled because the author has not bothered to proofread, use a spell-checking program, and/or have someone edit the story. It is very annoying to try to read a story that is full of errors: misspellings, incorrect grammar usage and misplaced and misused punctuation marks.

I have given a lower rating than I would like to for a particular story, because of the reasons listed above. A story which I ordinarily would rate "5" for the story itself, might receive 2 or 3 points lower from me, simply because the author didn't make the effort to assure that his or her story was properly proofread and edited.

I am not claiming to be perfect. I'm sure that plenty of errors can be found in my stories...including this piece, even though I proofread them, and run them through the spellchecker at least twice. Of course, spell-checking programs are not foolproof, but they do help! It just bothers me to see such blatant mistakes. It appears as though the author is more interested in churning out stories instead of submitting quality erotica.

If an author does not care enough to check for and correct obvious errors, why should I bother to read his or her work? I don't want to sound pompous or bitchy; I just want people to make an effort in their writing so that they can produce the best stories possible.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • How To
  • /
  • How to Ruin A Good Story

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 19 milliseconds