In Defense of Love

That's my story, my lessons learned – some too late, of course, that being the nature of lessons. Can they be summarized? I think so.

Don't betray love.

All we are trying to do, in the end, is find love. People pursue sex, drugs, religion, material possessions, and fame, but what they are truly seeking is love. Just a little bit more, they think, more sex partners, more crack, more piousness, more stuff, more fans, and they will finally fill that void in their soul. It doesn't work. Only love can do that.

You betray love when you dehumanize or objectify sex, take advantage of others, mislead others about your intentions and feelings, and – most of all – when you fail to embrace love, even though it is right in front of you, waiting for you with open arms.

Again I must quote Laura Hollander from my story "A Lifetime in One Moment." I wish I could have understood the depth and power of what she was saying. I suppose I had to learn for myself.

"Love first, then everything else."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 16 milliseconds