• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Internal Affairs Ch. 06

Internal Affairs Ch. 06

He met Rose in the park across from the headquarters building.‭ ‬She brought‭ ‬the‭ ‬Walmart bag with his clothes from the previous day.‭ "‬So do I kiss you,‭ ‬or pretend we didn't have sex last night‭?" ‬he asked.

‏"‎We didn't have sex last night,‭" ‬she said‭ ‬emphatically.‭

"Okay,‏ ‎if you feel like you need to deny it,‭ ‬I will play along,‭" ‬he said.

‏"‎You might not want to talk like that with most people.‭ ‬They might have you locked away in a padded room,‭" ‬Rose said seriously.

‏"‎Ah well,‭ ‬no cerebral sex for you,‭ ‬I can tell.‭ ‬So did you finish at the house‭?" ‬Roger asked.

‏"‎almost,‭ ‬I think you are going to like what you see,‭" ‬Rose said.‭

"I'm sure I will.‏ ‎Of course I'm going to have to assume that you are going to be monitoring my every movement and word,‭" ‬Roger said.

‏"‎Is that more of the drug induced paranoia‭?" ‬she asked.

‏"‎I don't need the drugs for that.‭ ‬You do remember the smell of burned dog in the air yesterday‭?" ‬he asked.

‏"‎Not really,‭ ‬wood smoke yes,‭ ‬but burned dog no,‭" ‬She said.

‏"‎I guess if you didn't know the smell included Wendy,‭ ‬then you wouldn't know,‭" ‬he said knowing that she was way to literal thinking to understand.‭ ‬Hillary would have understood,‭ ‬or at least known he was playing at being an amateur philosopher.

They drove in silence until they reached his drive.‭ ‬The large SUV belonging to the professors sat in his drive.‭

"Let me out here and wait for me,‏" ‎he said.‭ ‬He walked to where the deck had once been.‭ ‬It seemed to be recovery central.‭ ‬Both professors were loading those large black plastic bags with crockery.

‏"‎Professor,‭ ‬I am so sorry.‭ ‬I had no idea this would happen.‭" ‬Roger said.‭ "‬I hope it wasn't about me.‭ ‬It might have just been an act of senseless destruction,‭" ‬Roger said.

‏"‎Or it could have been someone with a grudge against you,‭" ‬His wife said.

‏"‎Or someone you gave a bad grade to,‭" ‬Roger said.

‏"‎To Whom,‭" ‬she answered.

‏"‎Okay someone to whom you gave a bad grade,‭" ‬Roger said.

‏"‎I don't think so,‭" ‬her husband said.‭ "‬There was a voice mail at work for me yesterday.‭ ‬It came in after the story broke.‭ ‬He left it in my voice mail at the University.‭ ‬I gave it to the Deputy working the case.‭ ‬The man said he was sorry and that he thought it was where you lived.‭"

"I see,‏ ‎well I'm sorry you got caught up in my drama.‭ ‬If there is anything I can do please call on me,‭" ‬Roger said.‭ ‬The professors ignored his outstretched hand.‭

Roger got back into the car.‭ "‬You will be lucky if they don't get a lawyer and sue.‭" ‬Rose said.

‏"‎I am indemnified against any lawsuit arising from my actions as an undercover cop.‭ ‬First by the fact that I was acting as an agent of the federal government,‭ ‬and secondly by the newspaper coverage.‭ ‬The professors can claim they didn't know about the risk,‭ ‬but they were living in town when the story broke.‭ ‬It ran off and on for almost a year.‭ ‬The newspaper even had pictures of me in uniform.‭ ‬So if they didn't know who they were renting from they were idiots.

As far as the court is concerned they knew at least as much as I did.‭ ‬The only thing I didn't do is have them sign a waiver.‭" ‬Roger suggested.

‏"‎Roger,‭ ‬you really should go into witness protections,‭" ‬Rose said.

‏"‎Ah another of Satan's advocates‭ ‬heard from,‭" ‬Roger said.‭ "‬Let's go around the professor's car and take a look at what you have done.‭"

The first level of protection was a lighted sign.‭ ‬It read,‭ '‬Warning you are being recorded‭'‬.‭ ‬There were two cameras mounted on the sign post,‭ ‬which rose ten feet above the ground.‭ "‬Those won't last long,‭" ‬Roger commented.‭

Rose pointed to the pine thicket about ten yards down the drive.‭ "‬I don't see anything,‭" ‬Roger said.

‏"‎That's the idea.‭ ‬We have the real camera there.‭ ‬The other two are girl friend cameras.‭ ‬The hard core killer cams are less visible.‭ ‬They are motion and sound activated.‭ ‬We have a camera on each side of the cabin as well.‭ ‬Then one inside.‭ ‬You can access any of them with your cell phone.‭"

"I have to admit that is a cool plan.‏ ‎So what is the plan for when I am asleep inside.‭ ‬That's when they will most likely come,‭" ‬Roger said.

‏"‎Motion detectors in the pine thicket,‭ ‬along with barbed wire strung six inches off the ground.‭ ‬That's a little old school but it gets their minds off the real shit.‭ ‬A couple of sound mines with a half dozen fifty pound release triggers.‭ ‬A bear or dear might set them off once,‭ ‬but not likely.‭ ‬All this shit is Solar powered,‭" ‬Rose explained.‭ ‬There is one thing we still have to erect.‭

We‭ ‬were forced to go with a custom gate.‭ ‬They couldn't‭ ‬have it‭ ‬ready‭ ‬until next week.‭ ‬I will be back with a crew to install it.‭ ‬To open and close it you will have to go to the INTERNET.‭ ‬The good news is that it can be activated with a pass code online.‭ ‬That is also the bad news,‭ ‬so don't give it to anyone.‭"

"So how about my flood lights‏?" ‎Roger asked.

‏"‎Four mounted on the cabin and they are also solar battery powered.‭ ‬Anyone cutting the power would have to get to the cabin and they would be on your camera files,‭" ‬she said.

‏"‎Well Miss Rose,‭ ‬you obviously know what you are doing,‭" ‬Roger said.

‏"‎Yes I do.‭ ‬So here is the number to call for service and your temporary password,‭" ‬she said.

‏"‎You have to be kidding me.‭ ‬My password is Donut6175‭?" ‬Roger asked.

‏"‎Donut for your cop status and‭ ‬6175‭ ‬for your height and weight.‭ ‬You‭ ‬will need to change it.‭" ‬Rose replied.

‏"‎No shit,‭" ‬Roger replied.

‏"‎The password has to be at least five letters and four numbers,‭" ‬she informed him.

‏"‎Right,‭ ‬so are you coming in‭?" ‬Roger asked.

‏"‎Why,‭ ‬our business is complete‭" ‬she said,‭ ‬then added just to be absolutely sure‭ ‬he‭ ‬would never‭ ‬call her again,‭ "‬Nobody likes a snitch.‭"

"Nice,‏ ‎I figured you were a snake,‭" ‬Roger said with a laugh as he exited the car.

Roger went into the tiny house‭ ‬he had‭ ‬built inside the shell of his storage shed.‭ ‬Inside the house he fixed himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.‭ ‬He also poured himself a glass of all chemical ice tea made from a dry mix purchased at Walmart.‭ ‬He bought most of his groceries there.

He rode the scooter up to the store at least three times a week,‭ ‬then filled the milk carton tied onto the rear with groceries.‭ ‬Well what passed for groceries for him.

That night he watched day old TV shows on the computer as he also checked the perimeter.‭ ‬It was kind of a fun thing.‭ ‬Of course after a couple of hours the novelty wore off.‭ ‬He didn't want to use his wifi connection to check anything,‭ ‬since he felt sure Rose the Snake had piggy backed‭ ‬a signal to‭ ‬monitor his browsing.‭ ‬He could wait till the next day at work to do his research.‭

He slept better knowing the house was fairly secure,‭ ‬but he also knew he needed a shotgun.‭ ‬The pistol and even a rifle would be‭ ‬of‭ ‬no use at night.‭ ‬At least they would be no use to him.‭ ‬Roger wasn't an expert marksman with either.‭ ‬He added the purchase of a twelve gauge trench gun to his list for the next day.

Roger awoke the next morning at‭ ‬6:30‭ ‬am.‭ ‬He had a hard time believing that he missed the exercise program from the rehab facility.‭ ‬He felt lethargic and fat even thought everyone else thought of him as too thin.‭ ‬Probably because almost everyone was ten to twenty pounds over weight and those were the ones who described themselves as fit.

Roger hated to run,‭ ‬even though he knew it was the best form of exercise.‭ ‬He couldn't even imagine running five to ten miles every morning.‭ ‬There was no room in his tiny house for gym equipment and the thanked god for that.‭ ‬He knew he had to figure something out even it if was joining a gym.‭ ‬Not one of those fancy things,‭ ‬but maybe an old style boxing gym,‭ ‬he thought.‭ ‬Then he decided it would never happen.‭ ‬He was too much‭ ‬of a loner.

Roger finally got our of bed.‭ ‬He showered then dressed in his jeans and bush jacket.‭ ‬Before leaving for work he checked the weather on his computer.‭ ‬He did that every morning.‭ ‬He did it even though he parked his scooter in an enclosed parking deck.‭ ‬He also stored one rain suit at the office and one at home.‭ ‬He didn't care for the idea of being wet all day.‭ ‬He realized that the Lieutenant hadn't had his driver's license returned as of yet.‭ ‬It had only been two weeks,‭ ‬so maybe he shouldn't worry so soon.

Once he made his way into the office,‭ ‬he found Hillary all excited.‭ "‬What is happening Hills,‭ ‬did you get laid‭?" ‬he asked.

‏"‎I wish.‭ ‬When the detectives went to the boyfriend's house with a search warrant,‭ ‬they found the thirty caliber carbine.‭ ‬Since he didn't know the slug we have was broken all to hell,‭ ‬the detectives let him believe that it was only a matter of time till they matched it with the riffle.‭ ‬The little freak went belly up.‭" ‬Hillary said.

‏"‎So was it what we thought‭?" ‬Roger asked.

‏"‎It was indeed.‭ ‬Officer Smith knew nothing of it.‭ ‬The boyfriend hoped that it would scare her into running home to him with her tail between her legs.‭ ‬You know he must have a ten inch prick‭?" ‬Hillary said‭ ‬thoughtfully.

‏"‎Now that is a sexist thing to say,‭" ‬Roger‭ ‬replied.

‏"‎You going to report me Mr.‭ ‬Snitch‭?" ‬she asked.

‏"‎No,‭ ‬but really Ellie could easily be a fag hag,‭" ‬Roger said to get even with Hillary.

‏"‎Now that is a sexist remark,‭" ‬Hillary said with a laugh.‭ "‬For that you can write the report.‭ ‬Be sure you give Internal Affairs a reasonable amount of‭ ‬the‭ ‬credit.‭ ‬The detective bureau will get the collar,‭ ‬but we should be sure our report reflects the work we have done.‭"

"Of course comrade,‏" ‎Roger said.‭ "‬You know all that vanity doesn't help.‭ ‬Good work is it's own reward.‭"

"I know that you sound like an idiot,‏ ‎when you try to wax philosophical,‭" ‬Hillary advised him.‭ ‬The phone rang just then.‭ "‬It's for you.‭"

"Hello,‏" ‎Roger said.

‏"‎Michael Peters here,‭" ‬the voice said.

‏"‎Yes Mr Peters‭?" ‬Roger asked.

‏"‎I'm a senior patrolman and training officer with D squad,‭" ‬the voice said.

‏"‎Okay,‭ ‬what can I do for you‭?" ‬Roger asked.

‏"‎I am also a contractor who uses off duty cops to do work.‭ ‬Some of these young guys need the extra money.‭ ‬I also have a two ton dump truck,‭" ‬Peters said.

‏"‎Is this about the fire damage,‭" ‬Roger asked.

‏"‎It is.‭ ‬The county will be serving you a notice soon explaining that you need to clear the lot of the damage.‭ ‬It's a breeding ground for rats.‭ ‬I can put a crew on the ground out there and get it done in a couple of days,‭" ‬Peters said.

‏"‎Peters do you know who I am‭?" ‬Roger asked.

‏"‎I know you are going to have an insurance check,‭ ‬and money doesn't have a home,‭" ‬Peters admitted.‭ "‬I can write you a fair estimate.‭ ‬You can turn it in to the insurance company.‭ ‬After they approve it,‭ ‬we can do the work and get paid.‭ ‬No sweat off your balls.‭" ‬Peters replied.

‏"‎I'll have to think it over.‭ ‬Give me your number,‭" ‬Roger demanded.

The one thing the call had done was to remind Roger that he hadn't reported the fire to his insurance company.‭ ‬With that in mind he dialed his mortgage company to get the insurance company's name.‭ ‬It turned out they were carrying the insurance for him as part of his mortgage payment.‭ ‬So he was transferred to the lady in charge,‭ ‬he explained it all to her.

‏"‎Get the contractor to give you an estimate for cleaning the lot and we can go from there,‭" ‬she said.

‏"‎Good plan,‭" ‬Roger agreed.‭ ‬After thinking it over all morning roger decided to go with Peter's estimate.

‏"‎Good,‭ ‬that was quick,‭" ‬Peters said.

‏"‎Like you said,‭ ‬long as it is done right,‭ ‬I don't care who does it,‭ ‬The weekend is coming,‭ ‬so can you get the estimate to the First Bank of Belmont's insurance department on Monday‭?" ‬Roger asked.

‏"‎You got it Mister Everhart,‭" ‬Peters said.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Internal Affairs Ch. 06

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 31 milliseconds